AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-12, 08:38   Link #18461
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonar Fan View Post
Does anyone Kitbash here?
well i did a FreeDOM (freedom gundam + dom; 1/144, after a picture i saw of someone who did it with MG kits)
and i took some weapon sets from different makers and used them on gundam kits.

nothing really big though
__________________
GrimmReaperNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 09:02   Link #18462
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Me too. I use permanent and Gundam markers. I'm not really into this modelling thing, I buy the Gundams mainly to 'understand' them, if you get what I mean.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 23:41   Link #18463
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elpis Colony, Jaburo, The hanger, Texas, Alkard
Age: 24
I know im Kitbashing an RX-79 to make my Gun-Hunter I'll post pics when its ready
__________________
Dragonar Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 00:22   Link #18464
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/...ew-images.html

So the Braves have the head cables too?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 03:30   Link #18465
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/...ew-images.html

So the Braves have the head cables too?
Wow the regular type also have cables, i want to see Graham use the cables to feed more energy to his beam rifle or beam sword.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 07:53   Link #18466
Illsteir
ARX-Fake
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pasig-Cainta Borderline
What's the safest type of paint to use when panel-washing Robot Damashii figures?
__________________
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 12:56   Link #18467
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictactor View Post
wait wait wait. 00Q has a beam gun in it's shield?!
Yes, it does according to the profile in the manual. However like the hidden handle of the Sword Bits, it is not visible or a real feature in the HG model. But profile wise, the real 00 Quanta does have it.







I'll re-ask my question. Is 70% blue and 30% white a good color mix combo to match the blue color of the 00 Quanta? I sort of need it to mask cut pieces left over from cutting the runners from.

The "blue" of of Mr. colro by its own is too dark while bright blue is a bit weird compared to the real 00 blue.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 03:33   Link #18468
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Inside a WWII German tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Yes, it does according to the profile in the manual. However like the hidden handle of the Sword Bits, it is not visible or a real feature in the HG model. But profile wise, the real 00 Quanta does have it.







I'll re-ask my question. Is 70% blue and 30% white a good color mix combo to match the blue color of the 00 Quanta? I sort of need it to mask cut pieces left over from cutting the runners from.

The "blue" of of Mr. colio by its own is too dark while bright blue is a bit weird compared to the real 00 blue.
Why not go with the recommended mixture stated from the manual: Cobalt Blue(80%) + Sky Blue(20%)

I've got a question for the pros here at this forum: I've got a REEEEEEEEALLY old kit(5-6years) at home and I want to give it new life. So I want to start learning on how to modify/customize kits. Can you give me tips? And what are the basic tools and materials that I would be needing for a beginner like me?
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 04:41   Link #18469
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
So, the recommendation mixture is cobalt 80% and sky blue 20%. Alright, thats awesome man.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 15:20   Link #18470
Winchester
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Why not go with the recommended mixture stated from the manual: Cobalt Blue(80%) + Sky Blue(20%)

I've got a question for the pros here at this forum: I've got a REEEEEEEEALLY old kit(5-6years) at home and I want to give it new life. So I want to start learning on how to modify/customize kits. Can you give me tips? And what are the basic tools and materials that I would be needing for a beginner like me?
That kind of depends. What is the state of the kit right now? Is it painted, and if so, how (brush/airbrush, water/oil paint)?

Aside from the usual (sharp knife, clippers, fine sandpaper), you'll probably need some liquid polystyrene cement to fix any parts that have or will be broken during disassembly. If the kit is painted and you want to redo it, some kind of appropriate stripping agent is also neccessary. The cheapest options for that are break fluid (buy at an auto supplier) or oven cleaner. Be careful with these, though, since they might do odd stuff with the plastic, such as making it brittle.

If you want to add detail that wasn't in the original kit, you'll need strip- and sheet styrene. Get several different thin strips, and a couple of different grades of sheet styrene. Also, that styrene cement comes in really handy here, since it's kind of neccessary to bond the new bits with the kit. Also, a steel ruler might be a good idea if you're going to be cutting straight edges.

New paint schemes will most likely require primer, to make sure the underlaying plastic doesn't shine through. It's kind of difficult to paint red on top of gundam-blue, for example. :-) A lot of people swear by a brand named Krylon, though I haven't tried it (not sold in my country).

Hope that helps,

SP
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 20:37   Link #18471
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Inside a WWII German tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
That kind of depends. What is the state of the kit right now? Is it painted, and if so, how (brush/airbrush, water/oil paint)?
Apparently the kit has suffered damages(mishandled by my parents when they transferred my stuff to a new room without telling me and those annoying visitor's kids who go inside my room) and the kit isn't painted(I only started painting in 2008).

Quote:
Aside from the usual (sharp knife, clippers, fine sandpaper), you'll probably need some liquid polystyrene cement to fix any parts that have or will be broken during disassembly. If the kit is painted and you want to redo it, some kind of appropriate stripping agent is also necessary. The cheapest options for that are break fluid (buy at an auto supplier) or oven cleaner. Be careful with these, though, since they might do odd stuff with the plastic, such as making it brittle.

If you want to add detail that wasn't in the original kit, you'll need strip- and sheet styrene. Get several different thin strips, and a couple of different grades of sheet styrene. Also, that styrene cement comes in really handy here, since it's kind of necessary to bond the new bits with the kit. Also, a steel ruler might be a good idea if you're going to be cutting straight edges.

New paint schemes will most likely require primer, to make sure the underlaying plastic doesn't shine through. It's kind of difficult to paint red on top of gundam-blue, for example. :-) A lot of people swear by a brand named Krylon, though I haven't tried it (not sold in my country).

Hope that helps.

SP
Thanks! I'll try to find your recommended materials and do this project on my 3 week break from school.

Another set of questions: 1) How do make complex paint schemes/camouflage and what are the basic things I need to do it(I can only use a hand brush and spray cans) and; 2) What do you guys usually use for scratch building and how do I scratch build(parents broke-off/lost some parts and did a lousy repair job).
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 02:56   Link #18472
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
What. Linkin Park Gundam?

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/...-music-cd.html

Go LP! Hope this is available everywhere, love A Thousand Suns
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 04:21   Link #18473
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
I take it this means Linkin Park is somewhat popular in Japan?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 04:53   Link #18474
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 25
That is so random...but going to be awesome!
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 06:52   Link #18475
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I take it this means Linkin Park is somewhat popular in Japan?
Mike Shinoda's half Japanese or something, I think.

DO WANT.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 07:04   Link #18476
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Linkin Park does have a tradition of having anime references in their videos. Their "Breaking the Habit" video is basically one big anime-styled MV, and their "Somewhere I Belong" video had closeup shots of several gunpla including a 1/100 Wing Zero Custom (the MG didn't exist back then), MG GP01Fb Zephyranthes Full Vernian and MG Sazabi.

And then there's the cover for their "Reanimation" album...



__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 07:14   Link #18477
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Linkin Park does have a tradition of having anime references in their videos. Their "Breaking the Habit" video is basically one big anime-styled MV, and their "Somewhere I Belong" video had closeup shots of several gunpla including a 1/100 Wing Zero Custom (the MG didn't exist back then), MG GP01Fb Zephyranthes Full Vernian and MG Sazabi.

And then there's the cover for their "Reanimation" album...



I have the CD myself. Looks like a Zaku II/RX-78-hybrid. Until today i never realised that there's a connection between Gundam and Linkin Park.

I re-watched the video of "Somewhere I Belong" and remembered what i thought when i first watched it: "That are some cool looking robots!"
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 08:49   Link #18478
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Inside a WWII German tank
"Zabanya Full-shield"


"Quan[T]-chan"
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:00   Link #18479
JC...
I am a Pie
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a fantasy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Another set of questions: 1) How do make complex paint schemes/camouflage and what are the basic things I need to do it(I can only use a hand brush and spray cans) and; 2) What do you guys usually use for scratch building and how do I scratch build(parents broke-off/lost some parts and did a lousy repair job).
To do 'complex' paint schemes and camo, masking is probably the best way to do it. (spray paint the main colour, then use masking tape and cut it in the shapes you want... or you could hand paint patches on. Find tutorials on the web if you want further advice)

To scratch build, you'd need some pla plates, basically sheets of thin plastic. If you want to repair parts, maybe you could salvage some stuff from unused sprues or other models. Anything specific you want to fix?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 11:04   Link #18480
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Inside a WWII German tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
To do 'complex' paint schemes and camo, masking is probably the best way to do it. (spray paint the main colour, then use masking tape and cut it in the shapes you want... or you could hand paint patches on. Find tutorials on the web if you want further advice)
What's the best way to apply custom paint schemes? Hand painting them or using and airbrush/ spray can?(as of the moment, I can only hand brush and use spray cans)

Quote:
To scratch build, you'd need some pla plates, basically sheets of thin plastic. If you want to repair parts, maybe you could salvage some stuff from unused sprues or other models. Anything specific you want to fix?
Since looking at it again, I have to say it's way beyond repair to make it look like it was before. So I'm planning on giving it a new image and thus having the desire to learn these things.
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.