AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-22, 23:18   Link #19121
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasagi Yabu View Post
Hey everyone. I decided I want to start collecting Gundam model kits, and I want to get Cherudim as my very first one, or maybe Kyrios. First of all, are these good choices for my first model kit or would they be to complicated? And secondly if I'm going to do this I want to make them look at good as possible. What kind of materials would I need them look good?

I know I would need glue to hold some of the pieces in, and I want to get whatever it is that puts the black detail lines on the gundams. I'll pass on painting them for now. I'd assume this would all be bought and a hobby store?
I'd suggest you start on HG 1/100, (even though I started with 1/144) unless you're good with details and stuff.

For HG 1/144, Cherudim is a good choice. Kyrios, on the other hand, is really bad. Loose parts everywhere. Get the 1/100 if you really want it.

Glue is not needed, unless you wish to tighten parts, which is unnecessary.

Panel-lining can be done with Gundam markers, very easy, most hobby stores have them. I remember I panel-lined my second kit, 1/144 00, with a pencil.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 07:02   Link #19122
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
I wish they released the Type F Avalanche... I'd be the first to buy it... and the Master Grade Type F!
if they release a hg of this i dun mind getting it again mg wld be a dream
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 12:34   Link #19123
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Hey everyone. I decided I want to start collecting Gundam model kits, and I want to get Cherudim as my very first one, or maybe Kyrios. First of all, are these good choices for my first model kit or would they be to complicated?
First of all are you getting 1/144 or 1/100 scale? That's really the first thing you need to figure out.

Quote:
And secondly if I'm going to do this I want to make them look at good as possible. What kind of materials would I need them look good?

I know I would need glue to hold some of the pieces in, and I want to get whatever it is that puts the black detail lines on the gundams. I'll pass on painting them for now. I'd assume this would all be bought and a hobby store?
Well you're going to need panel lining for the "black detail lines", so I'd recommend ultra-thin-tip Gundam Markers. And if you're not going to paint them there's really nothing else to get, though I'd look into something like a pair of side-cutters to remove the pieces from the runners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinnKillAmuro View Post
Actually there's a big difference between the two. The one from DeviantArt is just a recolor of the actual kit. The one you posted is a remake of the original concept design.

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2010-10-23 at 12:45.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 21:43   Link #19124
Bashfulz
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Actually there's a big difference between the two. The one from DeviantArt is just a recolor of the actual kit. The one you posted is a remake of the original concept design.
the only difference i see is that the outer chest pieces are replaced with those from the gn-x...

anyway was this original colours version published somewhere? first time im seeing them. :P
Bashfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 22:09   Link #19125
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashfulz View Post
the only difference i see is that the outer chest pieces are replaced with those from the gn-x...
That's really the only difference in the models, but the animated versions are also very different in the legs and shield, especially the placement of the bits.

Quote:
anyway was this original colours version published somewhere? first time im seeing them. :P
If you're talking about the model it's just a repaint, but the original design itself only appeared in the very first teaser for the movie.
Old 2010-10-24, 02:01   Link #19126
paladinmsv

Quote:
Hey everyone. I decided I want to start collecting Gundam model kits, and I want to get Cherudim as my very first one, or maybe Kyrios. First of all, are these good choices for my first model kit or would they be to complicated? And secondly if I'm going to do this I want to make them look at good as possible. What kind of materials would I need them look good?

1. Both Cherudim and Kyrios are great. Kyrios has more playability: it can transform, and has more weapons than Cherudim
2. Bandai kits do not need glue to assemble, they are snap-fit
3. You can check http://gunpla-inochi.com/tools/ to see all the kits you might need
paladinmsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 02:06   Link #19127
paladinmsv

Quote:
Spoiler:
i don't remember that strike freedom has gold wings

paladinmsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 02:09   Link #19128
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinmsv View Post
i don't remember that strike freedom has gold wings
Spoiler:
It only does in-series when the DRAGOONs are launched, but them being visible with the DRAGOONs still there are a new feature only for the PG, which in turn is a play on the partially launched DRAGOONs of the MG kit.
Old 2010-10-24, 14:22   Link #19129
Critias

SF having the gold wings behind the DRAGOONs isn't new. It had them on the MG versions also. The only difference with the PG version is that the gold wings spread out more than the MG version.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 14:25   Link #19130
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
SF having the gold wings behind the DRAGOONs isn't new. It had them on the MG versions also. The only difference with the PG version is that the gold wings spread out more than the MG version.
That's what I just said.

EDIT: MG ReZEL:

Spoiler for MG ReZEL:

Spoiler for MG ReZEL manual:

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2010-10-24 at 15:22.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 09:28   Link #19131
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
00 Qan(T) Full Saber:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3...561f606653.jpg

Has this been posted yet?
Old 2010-10-25, 09:57   Link #19132
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
now we shall await for the boxart for full saber =x
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 10:01   Link #19133
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Old 2010-10-25, 10:38   Link #19134
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
I second this sentiment.
Old 2010-10-25, 11:47   Link #19135
velocity7

Oh my god, the painting work I have to do on the GN Sword IV Full Saber is going to be insane. Looks like I'll have to spend some time on this...

Here's a culmination of all the Full Saber pictures so far for anyone who's missed it:
http://reggiocomics.blogspot.com/201...ull-saber.html
Old 2010-10-25, 14:56   Link #19136
pikachuwei

they need it with MG qanT T_T
Old 2010-10-25, 17:49   Link #19137
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

If they had shown all the different forms the Full Saber has, I would of liked it sooner. Why such a long wait?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 18:50   Link #19138
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
If they had shown all the different forms the Full Saber has, I would of liked it sooner. Why such a long wait?
It's not the first or the last time particular features have been withheld in the initial release only to be revealed later - everything in commerce is like that, Gundam included. Hell we're not even supposed to see the 00 Qan[T] Full Saber's 00V profile until December, and yet we already know it's features two months in advance. Another example: It took us over half a year from the initial reveal of the 00 Qan[T] to see that it does have combining Sword Bits into Buster Sword/Buster Rifle form. Or see Virtue/Nadleeh, Seravee/Seraphim and Raphael/Seravee II.

They're not going to reveal everything in the earliest possible time - it's the suspense of seeing what other gimmicks and goodies that something has yet to reveal that makes the wait especially tantalizing. Whether it's because some features haven't been finalized yet, or they're just withholding the features intentionally, we all need to wait for them to reveal what they want to show.

It's not like you're the only one who's waiting for these features to be revealed you know

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 19:27   Link #19139
Kagekyuubi

Quote:
00 Qan(T) Full Saber:

GAH! There better be a full gunpla release of this kit. The new features didn't quite have me sold on it but that coloring did.
Kagekyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 22:38   Link #19140
LoneWolfFenrir

Quote:
00 Qan(T) Full Saber:

Hmm...I just noticed that it has an original GN drive instead of it's new one. Maybe this is post-movie? Or side story?

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy