AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-05, 18:16   Link #19701
Sworra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
I'll be taking more once they're all done.





I think I'm at the point where I can pretty much build the 3rd Strike without using the manual.
Nice clean look Optics, Great job on your strikes. I bet your sick n tired of having to build yet another one. lol Is it a straight build or any paint on them? I see that your panel lining which makes the gundam stand out more..
__________________

Last edited by Sworra; 2011-01-05 at 18:41.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 18:59   Link #19702
Butagami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The netherlands
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Cool that your first MG's is a Freedom Gundam. Alot of people that built their first MG was the Freedom so its a easy MG for a beginner. About your problem with decals, there are tutorials on on putting them on, just have to identify if they are water or dry based decals.
here is a link on a tutorial for decals.

Wet decals - http://www.ghostofzeon.com/diy/water.../decalapp.html

Dry decals - http://forum.zerogunz.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1715

You were saying something about markers, what you are trying to do is hide the nub mark that is left on your piece after you cut it from the runners. Bandai made set markers that you can color in the nub mark so its not so obvious to see them.

Here is a link for the markers - http://www.hlj.com/product/GNZGMS109

Hope this helps. Enjoy
I helps a lot. Based on you link, I think the 00r ones are dry transfer ones (or just thin, clear background stickers ), so I'll try putting some on tomorrow.
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 22:31   Link #19703
optics
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Almost there!!... well... building-wise that is.



iPhone + Fluorescent Lighting = Greenish tint in center

I hate taking pictures at night.

Not sure how the Launcher Strike will turn out cuz the shoulder piece isn't reversible like the Sword's shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Nice clean look Optics, Great job on your strikes. I bet your sick n tired of having to build yet another one. lol Is it a straight build or any paint on them? I see that your panel lining which makes the gundam stand out more..
Thanks and yeah... slowly getting sick of building ANOTHER Strike. Straight build, no painting. I'm not good painting.
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 00:49   Link #19704
TheGame2K5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
What are some people's fav MGs they've built. I have a list of some that I find cool looking from researching online but curious if Ive overlooked perhaps an older model. So far Ive built Astray Red Frame, Exia Ignition Mode, and I have Shin Musha and Astray Blue Gundam waiting to build. The ones I plan to get are Strike Freedom, 00 Qan [T], Destiny, Crossbone Full Cloth, and F91. I actually havent watch a series since Gundam Wing but just pick models based on how they look and the fun in building them.
TheGame2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 04:30   Link #19705
Butagami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The netherlands
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
Almost there!!... well... building-wise that is.



iPhone + Fluorescent Lighting = Greenish tint in center

I hate taking pictures at night.

Not sure how the Launcher Strike will turn out cuz the shoulder piece isn't reversible like the Sword's shoulder.



Thanks and yeah... slowly getting sick of building ANOTHER Strike. Straight build, no painting. I'm not good painting.
I like what you did with the Sword-Strike. It somehow looks way more menacing than the Sword Impulse.

Just wondering: do you specialize in Seed kits, or is it coincidence that the only kits I've seen from you are from GS(D)?
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 06:56   Link #19706
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame2K5 View Post
What are some people's fav MGs they've built. I have a list of some that I find cool looking from researching online but curious if Ive overlooked perhaps an older model. So far Ive built Astray Red Frame, Exia Ignition Mode, and I have Shin Musha and Astray Blue Gundam waiting to build. The ones I plan to get are Strike Freedom, 00 Qan [T], Destiny, Crossbone Full Cloth, and F91. I actually havent watch a series since Gundam Wing but just pick models based on how they look and the fun in building them.
strike freedom and the quanta are a lot of fun to build.
i also had a ton of fun with the ver.ka sinanju and unicorn! wing zero custom and the strike are also nice builds but they dont have pegs on the hands to fix the weapons in place properly... that kinda blows but they are still worth it!

here are the kits i have built right now:


and sinanju ver.ka titanium finish gets an extra shot because its amazing :P

the gold stickers SUCKED but in the end it was so worth it^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 07:29   Link #19707
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
unofficial news found from another forum.....

MGガンダムGP01+Fb Ver2.0 3月発売予定 5775円
・HGUCガンダムEz8 3月発売予定 1575円
・HGUCフルアーマーZZガンダム+メガライダー 2月発売予定 2940円
・HGUCガンダムチーム(ZZガンダム+Zガンダム+百式+ガンダムMkII+メガライダー、成型色変更 ) 2月発売予定 6090円
・HG00ジンクスIV 2月発売予定 1575円
・HGUCエクストリームガンダム 2月発売予定、通常版1680円、特別版(カルネージ・フェイズ+タキ オン・フェイズ+未発表の追加武装パーツ4410円

MG GP01Fb ver.2.0
HGUC Ez8
HGUC FAZZ
HGUC Gundam Team
HG00 Gn-iv
HGUC Extreme Gundam special ver

so happy for FAZZ & ex8!!!!!
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 09:13   Link #19708
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
unofficial news found from another forum.....

MGガンダムGP01+Fb Ver2.0 3月発売予定 5775円
・HGUCガンダムEz8 3月発売予定 1575円
・HGUCフルアーマーZZガンダム+メガライダー 2月発売予定 2940円
・HGUCガンダムチーム(ZZガンダム+Zガンダム+百式+ガンダムMkII+メガライダー、成型色変更 ) 2月発売予定 6090円
・HG00ジンクスIV 2月発売予定 1575円
・HGUCエクストリームガンダム 2月発売予定、通常版1680円、特別版(カルネージ・フェイズ+タキ オン・フェイズ+未発表の追加武装パーツ4410円

MG GP01Fb ver.2.0
HGUC Ez8
HGUC FAZZ
HGUC Gundam Team
HG00 Gn-iv
HGUC Extreme Gundam special ver

so happy for FAZZ & ex8!!!!!
With Shenlong slated for a March release, this scheduel list is confirmed as a phoney. And any other Feburary/March releases would had been make known by now.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 13:23   Link #19709
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
unofficial news found from another forum.....

MGガンダムGP01+Fb Ver2.0 3月発売予定 5775円
・HGUCガンダムEz8 3月発売予定 1575円
・HGUCフルアーマーZZガンダム+メガライダー 2月発売予定 2940円
・HGUCガンダムチーム(ZZガンダム+Zガンダム+百式+ガンダムMkII+メガライダー、成型色変更 ) 2月発売予定 6090円
・HG00ジンクスIV 2月発売予定 1575円
・HGUCエクストリームガンダム 2月発売予定、通常版1680円、特別版(カルネージ・フェイズ+タキ オン・フェイズ+未発表の追加武装パーツ4410円

MG GP01Fb ver.2.0
HGUC Ez8
HGUC FAZZ
HGUC Gundam Team
HG00 Gn-iv
HGUC Extreme Gundam special ver

so happy for FAZZ & ex8!!!!!
GP01 Ver. 2.0? Hell, itīs about time. I am so going to buy this! And now i can get a Gouf Custom and buy the Ez8 to pose them together. Thanks, dude, you just made my day
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 15:28   Link #19710
optics
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Just wondering: do you specialize in Seed kits, or is it coincidence that the only kits I've seen from you are from GS(D)?
I'd say its a coincidence. Well when I first started building, just about all the model kits I got were from a local comic shop. Back then, which was a Wednesday by the way, SEED was out and that was basically all that they were carrying. Only other MG kits I have now, that I haven't shown here, are both Hyper Modes of God and Master Gundam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
the gold stickers SUCKED but in the end it was so worth it^^
Did you use the black part of the sticker too or did you trim it out? I think it was on dalong.net where he cut out the gold part and didn't use the black.
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 18:34   Link #19711
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
Did you use the black part of the sticker too or did you trim it out? I think it was on dalong.net where he cut out the gold part and didn't use the black.
i didnt trim them. i didnt want to screw them up (im not a very handy person :P) and i dont think it looks bad or annoying with the black parts of the stickers^^ but i still dont get why they made the stickers this way... its not like they couldnt make them without the black parts, i mean the stickers for the shield and other parts of the body have complicated forms, too or are extremely thin!
but its an amazing and i can live with it the way it is^^
i can recommend the sinanju ver.ka to everyone, its a heck of a lot of fun to build it, its a sight to behold on your shelf (even the regular non titanium finish version, which is still available in all online shops) and its just an amazing kit all around! =D
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 19:35   Link #19712
optics
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
All that is left are the decals.



I also have a Kira gashapon on the way which will complete everything: http://static.hlj.com/images/ban/ban928909.jpg
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 20:30   Link #19713
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
unofficial news found from another forum.....

Mgガンダムgp01+fb ver2.0 3月発売予定 5775円
・hgucガンダムez8 3月発売予定 1575円
・hgucフルアーマーzzガンダム+メガライダー 2月発売予定 2940円
・hgucガンダムチーム(zzガンダム+zガンダム+百式+ガンダムmkii+メガライダー、成型色変更 ) 2月発売予定 6090円
・hg00ジンクスiv 2月発売予定 1575円
・hgucエクストリームガンダム 2月発売予定、通常版1680円、特別版(カルネージ・フェイズ+タキ オン・フェイズ+未発表の追加武装パーツ4410円

mg gp01fb ver.2.0
hguc ez8
hguc fazz
hguc gundam team
hg00 gn-iv
hguc extreme gundam special ver

so happy for fazz & ex8!!!!!
GN-XIV AT LAST. WOOHOO. COME FASTER, FEBRUARY. Finally, Bandai. Sheesh.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 20:44   Link #19714
Asunaki
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
All that is left are the decals.



I also have a Kira gashapon on the way which will complete everything: http://static.hlj.com/images/ban/ban928909.jpg
You should get a Voice I-dol instead,you're sure to get Kira. :P (Though I'm not sure if they still make them of if we can still get them)
Asunaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 21:00   Link #19715
DV04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CA
Appel how was building the Sinanju? I saw a review of it and there are a lot of stickers. Are they easy to put on or are they the thin ones?
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 21:07   Link #19716
optics
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
... and here they are... all of Kira Yamato's mobile suits. (Not including stand alone Strike and Strike Rouge in Strike colors.)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Asunaki View Post
You should get a Voice I-dol instead,you're sure to get Kira. :P (Though I'm not sure if they still make them of if we can still get them)
I ordered the whole box. It said it was unopened and that there were 6 figures in the box. I was thinking about picking that I-dol instead, but I wanted him in his pilot suit.

I would've preferred him in Shinn's pose: http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...fig/gsdef4.jpg
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 23:49   Link #19717
TheGame2K5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
How are the Hi-Nu and Infinite Justice Gundams? They are 2 others I thought looked cool.

Last edited by TheGame2K5; 2011-01-06 at 23:49. Reason: sp
TheGame2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 23:50   Link #19718
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
GP01 Ver. 2.0? Hell, itīs about time. I am so going to buy this! And now i can get a Gouf Custom and buy the Ez8 to pose them together. Thanks, dude, you just made my day
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
GN-XIV AT LAST. WOOHOO. COME FASTER, FEBRUARY. Finally, Bandai. Sheesh.
C'mon,people, the list says GP01 ver 2.0 is to be out in March when we all know that Shenlong takes it's place now. And I don't believe that Bandai is that kind to includes the Fb parts in one single GP01 kit. So obviously fake list is fake.

Sheeze, do I need to repeat myself ?
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 23:54   Link #19719
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
If that list was true, wouldn't of been seeing preview and prototype images by now too?

OH, and this is for you Brave lovers out there!

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2011-01-07 at 00:08.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 03:20   Link #19720
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 19
Oh crap. Guess I got misled.

Anyway, Nos, I am SO getting that. Thank goodness I didn't get the HG version, because that looks epic.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.