AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-07, 04:28   Link #19721
Butagami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The netherlands
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
All that is left are the decals.



I also have a Kira gashapon on the way which will complete everything: http://static.hlj.com/images/ban/ban928909.jpg
Epic. You made it. So you managed to mirror the launcher strike's shoulderpad after all! Nice
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 05:08   Link #19722
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Duel Launcher Strike Gundam?

Now that I like!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 06:02   Link #19723
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
Appel how was building the Sinanju? I saw a review of it and there are a lot of stickers. Are they easy to put on or are they the thin ones?
building the model itself was fun. it wasnt difficult or anything like that but because the unicorn and the sinanju were my first ver.ka kits everything was a little different but in a good way^^
the stickers are a pain in the butt. but no not because they suck or break or wont stick or stuff like that! they do work very well and are easy to apply. there is just a TON of them, 55 to be exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Epic. You made it. So you managed to mirror the launcher strike's shoulderpad after all! Nice
it looks nice but i bet it wouldnt be very energy efficient for kira! XD

does anyone happen to know whether the non grade 1/100 striker packs are compatible witht the master grade strike?
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 06:35   Link #19724
Sworra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
does anyone happen to know whether the non grade 1/100 striker packs are compatible with the master grade strike?
The no grade striker packs do not work with the MG strike. The no grade packs are to big for the MG shoulders.. If you modify the no grade packs they might fit on the MG but that is alot of modifying.
__________________
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 06:51   Link #19725
optics
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Epic. You made it. So you managed to mirror the launcher strike's shoulderpad after all! Nice
Thanks... but no, I didn't get to mirror it. Its just reversed. I really wanted both gatling guns to face forward, but the pegs aren't the same size and I really didn't want to do any modding on these kits.
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 06:59   Link #19726
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Dual Launcher Strike Gundam?

Now that I like!
Only if it had Impulse's Battery pack...
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 07:08   Link #19727
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
The no grade striker packs do not work with the MG strike. The no grade packs are to big for the MG shoulders.. If you modify the no grade packs they might fit on the MG but that is alot of modifying.
hmm i see... thanks!^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 08:50   Link #19728
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
unofficial news found from another forum.....

MGガンダムGP01+Fb Ver2.0 3月発売予定 5775円
・HGUCガンダムEz8 3月発売予定 1575円
・HGUCフルアーマーZZガンダム+メガライダー 2月発売予定 2940円
・HGUCガンダムチーム(ZZガンダム+Zガンダム+百式+ガンダムMkII+メガライダー、成型色変更 ) 2月発売予定 6090円
・HG00ジンクスIV 2月発売予定 1575円
・HGUCエクストリームガンダム 2月発売予定、通常版1680円、特別版(カルネージ・フェイズ+タキ オン・フェイズ+未発表の追加武装パーツ4410円

MG GP01Fb ver.2.0
HGUC Ez8
HGUC FAZZ
HGUC Gundam Team
HG00 Gn-iv
HGUC Extreme Gundam special ver

so happy for FAZZ & ex8!!!!!
This Unofficial news list is probably from a "Rumor Mill at those other forum". Take it with a grain of salt.. It would be great to see what sort of improvement Bandai would do IF there are future 2.0 release....
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:14   Link #19729
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
By the way, how many MG's do you have?
MG Hi-Nu Gundam
MG Wing Gundam Ver. Ka.
MG Gundam Deathscythe Ver. Ka.
MG Wing Gundam Zero Custom
MG Strike Freedom Gundam
MG V Dash Gundam Ver. Ka.
MG Gundam Exia Ignition Mode
MG Unicorn Gundam Ver. Ka.
MG Sinanju Ver. Ka.
MG 00 Qan[T]

Quote:
which ones do you recommend?
I would definitely avoid the Unicorn and Sinanju kits; even I had some difficulty with them, and except for the 00Q those were the two most recent ones I put together, so it wasn't like I didn't know what I was doing. Another complaint I have about them is that the Unicorn's ankle joints are really loose, so it keeps tipping over at the slightest provocation; the Sinanju, meanwhile, is a pain to put the decals on, and the golden stickers just look tacky. Same with the Unicorn's v-fin (I just painted it).

The Wing Zero has all kinds of balance issues, but I managed to position the wings so that it could stand on its own. The Deathscythe, V Dash, and Exia are all very good kits, and they don't have balance issues so that's always a plus, but the V Dash is a little plain and they went overboard on the stickers. The Exia comes with an LED, though you don't have to install it, and it seems the most "human" of all the various kits. The 00Q has serious issues with the large shield, and it can't support the GN Sword without an additional stand. Not to mention that the connectors for the bits are really tight; I actually couldn't separate them once I connected them. The Hi-Nu is very back-heavy, and just wasn't detailed enough for me to really like it (and the fact that it's a redesign should have fixed that).

Of the ones I've put together, I would actually recommend the Wing Gundam. One of the reasons it's my favorite kit is that the wings are actually long enough to touch the ground, and were actually designed that way so the thing wouldn't keep falling over. In other words, it's perfectly stable on its own and you don't need a stand. And the construction is pretty straightforward too.
__________________

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2011-01-07 at 12:22.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 12:00   Link #19730
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post


I would definitely avoid the Unicorn and Sinanju kits; even I had some difficulty with them, and except for the 00Q those were the two most recent ones I put together, so it wasn't like I didn't know what I was doing. Another complaint I have about them is that the Unicorn's ankle joints are really loose, so it keeps tipping over at the slightest provocation; the Sinanju, meanwhile, is a pain to put the decals on, and the golden stickers just look tacky. Same with the Unicorn's v-fin (I just painted it).
thats weird, i didnt have any problems with puting them together and im pretty much a rookie :P but hey, everyone is different, maybe id have problems with other kits^^
about the unicorns ankle joints, mine are very solid. its standing no problem! and i havent heard any complaints about that from other sources. maybe its just your kit?
the sinanjus stickers are a pain though. however, since they are pretty well made it was no problem to actually put them on, its just annoying because there are so many^^ i dont mind the look of them, too.
the unicorns v-fin is a joke though... the stickers there suck! i will probably color it in the future, too, i just dont have a proper marker right now.

it kinda makes me sad that your experience with those 2 kits wasnt as good as mine since the ver.ka sinanju and the ver.ka unicorn are pretty much my favorites right now :T
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 12:07   Link #19731
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
about the unicorns ankle joints, mine are very solid. its standing no problem! and i havent heard any complaints from that from other sources. maybe its just your kit?
Yeah, I'd actually considered that after I put it together. I've read a lot of reviews for other kits that detailed similar problems, but which I never encountered with mine.

Quote:
the sinanjus stickers are a pain though. however, since they are pretty well made it was no problem to actually put them on, its just annoying because there are so many^^ i dont mind the look of them, too.
My problem is with the color; it looks like cheap champagne to me. I just decided to use gold leaf Tamiya paint. More difficult but better result, in my opinion.

Quote:
it kinda makes me sad that your experience with those 2 kits wasnt as good as mine since the ver.ka sinanju and the ver.ka unicorn are pretty much my favorites right now :T
Well to each his own. Honestly I'm quite happy with them; they just aren't my all-time favorites.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 12:22   Link #19732
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
*bored*

*looking at the HGFC Nobel Gundam manual scans*


Seems they really did put that GN Archer experience to good use. The method of construction for the Nobel's body and arms and the GN Archer are more or less similar.
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 12:24   Link #19733
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Seems they really did put that GN Archer experience to good use. The method of construction for the Nobel's body and arms and the GN Archer are more or less similar.
They probably just wanted to save some money and used the same molds.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 13:06   Link #19734
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Except that the GN Archer and Nobel use no similar parts whatsoever It's only the assembly methodology that's similar in some ways.
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 13:28   Link #19735
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Same difference.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 14:06   Link #19736
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
My problem is with the color; it looks like cheap champagne to me. I just decided to use gold leaf Tamiya paint. More difficult but better result, in my opinion.
yeah, they arent exaclty perfect in terms of color :P
i would have colored it, too if i had the skills to do that^^ im not a very handy person, thats why im so happy that with gundam models you have a pretty respectable result right out of the box
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 14:54   Link #19737
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
yeah, they arent exaclty perfect in terms of color :P
i would have colored it, too if i had the skills to do that^^ im not a very handy person, thats why im so happy that with gundam models you have a pretty respectable result right out of the box
That was actually what annoyed me most about the MG Sinanju Ver. Ka.: It would have been child's play to pre-color at least half of the golden parts.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 15:08   Link #19738
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
That was actually what annoyed me most about the MG Sinanju Ver. Ka.: It would have been child's play to pre-color at least half of the golden parts.
thats true! im sure there could have been another way... but this isnt the first time that im confused about certain design choices bandai made XD
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 05:13   Link #19739
JC...
I am a Pie
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a fantasy.
Painting is better, funner and more rewarding.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 05:22   Link #19740
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Painting is better, funner and more rewarding.
No disagreement here.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.