AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-08-04, 12:38   Link #261
FreakyEyes
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
It took more than 3 hits to take Hinata down, a single hit wouldn't end the fight except for the 64 hands of hakke (which is about 64 hits anyway ).
He wasn't trying to kill Hinata or anything, well except when he got enraged but the jounins stopped him. Hizashi killed that elite ninja of the Lighting Country with one hit, I think Neji could do that if he wanted to, and most other Jyuuken users.
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 12:49   Link #262
AssertnFailure
Where's the ladies?
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
there are only two ways for Sasuke to beat Neji at current in the manga (as he still isnt at curse level 2)

1) Mange Sharingan, which he doesnt know
2) An Earth jutsu, such as Kakashi's Earth Decapitation

those so far, would be the only way to get past Neji's defense and beat the Kaiten,a nd Byakugan, and 64hands of Hakke, u cant very well block chakra points on someone under the ground, now can you?
who says an earth jutsu would work?
if neji can see through solid objects, then he could probably see through underground just as well
AssertnFailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 12:57   Link #263
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
First of. The first sentence is wrong in a way. His attacks are not based on teh Byakugan alone. And also as Kakashi stated the Byakugan is 1 of the other bloodlines the Hyuuga has.

And also the kaiten covers everything. He doesn't need to see a place to send chakr aout of it... He can send chakra out of every point. That blind spot of 1 of the bloodlines doesn't affect the other which is sending chakra out of any point.
They are. Every advanced Byakugan user is able to send chakra out of his body. All the moves Neji uses are restricted to his bloodline.

Lets take a look at it.

Kaiten - Ability to extract chakra from every point in your body, as far as i can tell only Hyuuga can manipulate chakra to this extent, and is easier for them as they are raised to release chakra from their hands.

64 hands - Ability to see chakra holes and seal them, only a byakugan can do this.

While these abilities are very helpful in many situations, he cant do what sasuke can do, which is learn ANY jutsu to counter Neji. Neji is restricted to these types of attacks, which is smart because they are powerful and only usable by Hyuuga, learning anything else would be a waste.

Also im sure Hyuugas have more than just a blindspot, which in fact a more developed byakugen probably doesnt have a blindspot. So i guess to you guys that would make them invincible? No, everyone has a weakness, even the Hyuuga. Even like hunter said, Sasuke uses wires a lot, he might be able to stop Nejis kaiten with it perhaps. There all kinds of possibilities. All im saying is that with time and preperation/knowledge Sasuke could very well beat Neji.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 13:27   Link #264
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
It took more than 3 hits to take Hinata down, a single hit wouldn't end the fight except for the 64 hands of hakke (which is about 64 hits anyway ).
He was just toying with Hinata. That seemed very olbvious. Basically taunting her. All he has to do is disrupt chakra around a vital organ. Instead of just toying with Hinata's chakra.

Quote:
And the Byakugan hasn't any predicting ability, it 'merely' shows almost everything in the present.
By knowing everything in the present you can predict the future. If you gain an insight into the situation, you will be able to predict the outcome. And the fact that the Hyuuga seems to be all about divinations, like in the moves taught to the mian family are of a divination style and their belief stuff. So with a better insight, thus a better prediction.


Quote:
What?
No kakashi never said that, the Byakugan is the only bloodline of the Hyuga.
No it isn't... Around chapters 60-70 during the Neji and Hinata fight, read Kakashi's and Lee's explanation of the Hyuuga. 'The byakugan is one of the bloodlines that run in the Hyuuga family' or something like that

Quote:
But storywise speaking it's now too late for Neji to win against Sasuke.
Without even speaking of the curse seal level 2 which will boost incredibly his power, ie much faster than Lee without the weigth, stronger, etc. I don't believe that the story allows somebody other than Naruto to beat Sasuke now.
Not necessarily. As shown in the last time we saw Neji the flashback 'You must live on, you must surpass the main family(well something about surpassing all Hyuuga's). And currently Hiashi can probably take him down easily and quickly.

About Sasuke's speed. Neji isn't slow either. We've only seen his speed displayed in the last fight. Fast enough to 'disappear' and appear out of no where and hit with a hakke all without the opponent noticing. And that distance he covered was not smal at all. And he dissapeared from being binded to a tree. Where in the previous case no other gennin even Naruto could break hold of what was binding him. Neji of course wasn't taking Naruto too seriously until he decided to hakke him. So we don't know if he was that fast then. But also the hakke is extremely fast, seems like only 1 fast hit.

Neji also has the ability to create a field of chakra around himself. He will be able to sense all within the field of chakra and also able to distort the movements of whatever within it.

To the last user. We have yet to see a ability non-freak have the ability to stp any of Neji's attack. When it was stopped, Neji was able to easily know what the other user knew about him and adapt quickly and ended up finsihing the fight. He also showed that he can do a hakke, lots of kaitens, have 2 holes in him, knocked away at least 100 projectiles, destory a giant summon,create a feild of chakra, and still be able to think of a way to defeat the enemy and display speed and do another hakke.

Also remember you can't judge neji's strength from the Naurto fight.

And you still havent' proved that all his attacks are based on the byakugan. He doens't have to see a place to extract chakra from it.

And we've seen no non-hyuuga be able to extract chakra from their bodies, we've seen 2/3 hyuuga's do that. And we know that all heirs are taught a move that allows them to do it. Kakashi said that even jounins can't do that.

And you assume Sasuke can find a jutsu to counter it when in fact you have to be a freakazoid that was experimented to counter it. Unless Sasuke changes his body function he won't be able to counter it. And remember those webs weren't ordinary at all. And if Sasuke had to use wires he would need maybe 500 feet or so of wires. None combined of course.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 13:50   Link #265
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
[QUOTE=UserName]
Quote:
And we've seen no non-hyuuga be able to extract chakra from their bodies, we've seen 2/3 hyuuga's do that. And we know that all heirs are taught a move that allows them to do it. Kakashi said that even jounins can't do that.

And you assume Sasuke can find a jutsu to counter it when in fact you have to be a freakazoid that was experimented to counter it. Unless Sasuke changes his body function he won't be able to counter it. And remember those webs weren't ordinary at all. And if Sasuke had to use wires he would need maybe 500 feet or so of wires. None combined of course.

LOL and how much wire do you think held Oro? You think it was a little bit? Maybe you should watch it again.

No clue what you are talking about, you just helped prove my point that those moves he uses are based on his byakugen. Nobody else uses these techniques besides Hyuuga for a reason, probably because they are experts at controlling chakra because like i said, they are raised on extracting it through their hands, extracting it from other places is an advanced form of that.

No, again you are assuming he has 0 weakpoints besides that blindspot, or that Sasuke cant throw him off balance in any way. Im sure there are jutsu he could learn that would help immensly against a Hyuuga, to assume there isnt is to assume the Hyuuga are invincible like i said.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 13:58   Link #266
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
LOL and how much wire do you think held Oro? You think it was a little bit? Maybe you should watch it again.

No clue what you are talking about, you just helped prove my point that those moves he uses are based on his byakugen. Nobody else uses these techniques besides Hyuuga for a reason, probably because they are experts at controlling chakra because like i said, they are raised on extracting it through their hands, extracting it from other places is an advanced form of that.

No, again you are assuming he has 0 weakpoints besides that blindspot, or that Sasuke cant throw him off balance in any way. Im sure there are jutsu he could learn that would help immensly against a Hyuuga, to assume there isnt is to assume the Hyuuga are invincible like i said.
Does Oro have the kaiten?

How did I prove your point? It is a Hyuuga only move as far as we know. That was my point. And it isn't related to the Byakugan. So it's another bloodline....

Don't assume the Uchiha are invicible. And don't assume that there is one also.

Do you read the manga? If not it's worthless debating because you can't judge Neji's strength on the Naruto fight. You have to see him fight seriously an dwith the odds stacked against him. Even when his weakness was exploited he overcame that weakness by doing something else

You assume that Sasuke will magically find a way to exploit the weakness if he can figure it out. I don't think there's a way Sasuke can figure out a weakness of either hte byakugan or the kaiten. But if he did he won't be able to exploit it.. And the fact that only 1 person, who was very intelligent was able to find that point. neji was also easily able to tell what he knew and then countered with another move.

And on chapter 78, page 5 "Hyuuga is the Leaf's oldest and greatest bloodline" said by Kakashi himself.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 14:00   Link #267
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 29
The spiderweb only stopped Kaiten from spinning because it was sticky, the wires aren't, not to mention they where also partially made of chakra. I don't think wires would have the same effect. He could use the wires to a different effect though. Say if he does in fact have about 300 feet of wire on him he can use the wires to super heat kaiten and force neji to step out before he roasts to death.
Seriosly I don't know how Sasuke would use wires to beat Neji, they won't impede Kaiten's chakra flow in any way.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 14:43   Link #268
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Does Oro have the kaiten?

How did I prove your point? It is a Hyuuga only move as far as we know. That was my point. And it isn't related to the Byakugan. So it's another bloodline....

Don't assume the Uchiha are invicible. And don't assume that there is one also.

Do you read the manga? If not it's worthless debating because you can't judge Neji's strength on the Naruto fight. You have to see him fight seriously an dwith the odds stacked against him. Even when his weakness was exploited he overcame that weakness by doing something else

You assume that Sasuke will magically find a way to exploit the weakness if he can figure it out. I don't think there's a way Sasuke can figure out a weakness of either hte byakugan or the kaiten. But if he did he won't be able to exploit it.. And the fact that only 1 person, who was very intelligent was able to find that point. neji was also easily able to tell what he knew and then countered with another move.

And on chapter 78, page 5 "Hyuuga is the Leaf's oldest and greatest bloodline" said by Kakashi himself.
All i said is that you were only helping me prove my point that Hyuuga use a certain style of attacks, based on their Byakugen abilities. I wasnt sure if you intended to help further this.

Yes im am up to date in the manga. Yes i know what Neji is capable of, and it makes little difference. Perhaps you know what Gaara is capable of from the manga, and Sasuke defeated him. Why? Because he trained against his weak points especially when he was supposed to have none.

To say that sasuke can topple Gaara, but couldnt have a chance at beating Neji is rediculous. The only reason he had a chance against Gaara was because he trained abilities faster than anyone else could specifically guided to hit Gaaras weak point. He could do the same vs. Neji.

The wires could always bind him similiar to what they did with Oro. But i hate arguing hypothetical battles with current abilities, my point is that there are jutsu's that would help against a Hyuuga.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 14:48   Link #269
Shadamehr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
Okay, it's time for another weakness/strength comparison.
I disagree with a lot of this comparison

Quote:
Sasuke:

Strengths

6) Curse Seal- Since it extracts chakra directly from the body, it allows him to do more at once. It balances out Neji's ability to draw Chakra from any pore on his body.
How do these balance each other out? They are completely unrelated. Neji's ability lets him defend attacks from all sides, and damage chakra-objects or opponents with chakra from any bodily contact. Sasuke's ability allows him to use more chakra in battle. They have no relation to each other, and can not be measured or compared.

Quote:
Weaknesses

3) Weak Defense- Sasuke utilizes a heavy offense to balance out the fact that he has no special means of defending himself outside of taijutsu. When his speed begins to fail him, he'll be in trouble.
I think they made a heavy point in his battle with Gaara the Sharingan is a huge boost to defense. It allows him to evade attacks that he'd normally be too slow to avoid. In some circumstances, this can be a more useful defensive ability than Kaiten. I get that you're saying he has no 'special defense' technique, but that's a long shot from being able to say he has 'weak defense'. He's probably the only genin that could have evaded those transformed Gaara attacks.

Quote:
4) Close-range fighter. Except for the standard shuriken, kunai and exlposives, Sasuke has no strong means of attacking while keeping his distance. Since Neji simply has to touch him for him to feel 'it' in the morning, this is bad news. Lee learned this the hard way.
Didn't you just make a point earlier about how he has good long range attacks? You're contradicting yourself here.

Quote:
5) Chakra control- On a normal day, Sasuke expends a little more than he should to perform his jutsus. His chakra control is good, but Neji's chakra control is probably perfect, being a jyuuken master. This means Sasuke has to waste Chakra in a fight where every little bit of it will possibly count.
We have no idea how wasteful Neji is with his chakra. He's good at releasing chakra at certain points from his body, but that's different from the kind of chakra control that preserves chakra in jutsus. They're completely unrelated. There are many different types of chakra control. Naruto's probably the only genin ever who can control his chakra in the way necessary for Rasengan, but he still wastes a lot when he does jutsus.

Quote:
Neji:

Strengths

1) Byakugan- Just as Sasuke can see an attack and stop it, Neji can see all around him and avoid unpleasant surprises, whereas Sasuke can only defeat an attack that his eyes can see (ie. in front of him). He can see through trees as well as long-distance, and his Byakugan, if focused on his opponent's pupils, can help him sense his opponent's thoughts thereby allowing him to either manipulate their psychological state (as Kakashi did against Zabuza) or allowing him to anticipate the opponent's next move.
We've never seen any indication that looking into his opponent's eyes would let him sense their thoughts. He did excellent psycho-analysis on Hinata, but that doesn't mean he can predict what you're going to do or manipulate your psychological state in the way Sharingan can. What he did to Hinata was just what a skilled interrogator does, it wasn't some kind of 'Byakugan hypnosis' like the Sharingan genjutsus.

Quote:
Not to mention, where there's Chakra, there's an attack or an opponent he can see. Sasuke's speed will betray him, because it most likely leaves a Chakra trail. Kaiten serves as an excellent defense. It is most likely powerful enough to stop Chidori since it solidifies enough to stop a physical attack. There may still be more Bloodline Abilities we do not know of, yet.
BS, there has never been any indication at all of a 'chakra trail'. It's not like you run around really fast and now there's tracks in the air for any doujutsu user to find you by. Also we don't know whether or not Kaiten can stop Chidori, any statement on this is pure speculation. It's probably just a matter of how much chakra you dump in. Kaiten has been said to be an 'absolute defense' that can stop anything. Chidori has been described as the blade of a sword that can pierce through anything'. We don't know.

Quote:
2) Experience- Even if Sasuke doesn't leave a Chakra trail, Neji clearly has no problems fighting a high-speed fighter. Lee thought Ura Renge was necessary to deal with Neji, so Sasuke's normal level of high speed is still not enough to throw Neji off. Neji has also spent more time training his own Bloodline Ability than Sasuke, and Neji has had a year more worth of training than Sasuke.
Neji and Lee have never fought with Lee at his current speed level. Neither of them knows for sure how it would go. Also Sasuke can move much faster than normal Lee if he is using either curse level.

Quote:
4) A seemingly greater Chakra capacity- that one extra year certainly paid off. Not to mention that the Hyuuga clan administers intensive training at a very young age, Neji has developed more Chakra. To be able to take Kyuubi Naruto's Chakra head on with one Kaiten is proof of that. And Neji seems able to use the Kaiten more times than Sasuke can use the Chidori, although both clearly require a great deal of Chakra.
I'm pretty sure that's not true with the curse seal involved. Sasuke could only do 2 chidoris without it. Then activating it, he was able to do a third, so clearly the amount of chakra he is able to expend is higher when it is activated. It is not a matter of simply 'burning all his reserves at once' like a lot of people seem to think. They merely meant that it forcefully draws out chakra that your body would normally limit you from using in battle (making it dangerous).

Quote:
Weaknesses

1) Brashness- Neji is just as cocky as Sasuke. Although less power-crazy, he has a tendency to feel smug, but that may have completely changed since his fight with Naruto, so this is merely referring to his general philosophy.
Definitely less so since Naruto, he has shown absolutely no signs of brashness since then.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 14:50   Link #270
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
All i said is that you were only helping me prove my point that Hyuuga use a certain style of attacks, based on their Byakugen abilities. I wasnt sure if you intended to help further this.

Yes im am up to date in the manga. Yes i know what Neji is capable of, and it makes little difference. Perhaps you know what Gaara is capable of from the manga, and Sasuke defeated him. Why? Because he trained against his weak points especially when he was supposed to have none.

To say that sasuke can topple Gaara, but couldnt have a chance at beating Neji is rediculous. The only reason he had a chance against Gaara was because he trained abilities faster than anyone else could specifically guided to hit Gaaras weak point. He could do the same vs. Neji.

The wires could always bind him similiar to what they did with Oro. But i hate arguing hypothetical battles with current abilities, my point is that there are jutsu's that would help against a Hyuuga.
They used attacks based on the Byakugan and attacks not. The Jyuuken is a combinatyion of the byakugan and their chakra controlling ability.

Sasuke didn't defeat Gaara. And if Sasuke were to face Gaara now even with level 2.... he would be killed. Fast very fast.... he would be dead... how can you implpy that Sasuke can beat Gaara if you have read the manga? Even with Level 2 whatever that gives him. Gaara's weakpoint isn't hidden... it's just obvious. Nobody said where his weak point.

The Kiaten will knock it away.

There MAY be. But you assume that Sasuke can learn them. You are assuming it does have abilit that work agaisnt it.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 15:54   Link #271
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes
He wasn't trying to kill Hinata or anything, well except when he got enraged but the jounins stopped him. Hizashi killed that elite ninja of the Lighting Country with one hit, I think Neji could do that if he wanted to, and most other Jyuuken users.
It was Hiashi and it was an anime filler.
Not that it's really important, I do think that you can kill someone with one hit with the Jyuken if your blow damages the heart for example.
And Neji was trying to kill Hinata, he screwed her heart with his blows, as says by Kurenai after the fight.

But that's not the point, if a hit can be mortal, that doesn't mean that all hits are mortal as well, even if Neji is good enough to kill in one blow -which isn't certain at all, he did strike Hinata's heart- he needs a perfect and clean strike for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
He was just toying with Hinata. That seemed very olbvious. Basically taunting her. All he has to do is disrupt chakra around a vital organ. Instead of just toying with Hinata's chakra.
Re-read this part of the manga, to disrupt chakra around her heart is precisely what Neji did.

Quote:
By knowing everything in the present you can predict the future. If you gain an insight into the situation, you will be able to predict the outcome. And the fact that the Hyuuga seems to be all about divinations, like in the moves taught to the mian family are of a divination style and their belief stuff. So with a better insight, thus a better prediction.
That's a bullshit plain and simple, Naruto proved that Neji's reading abilities wasn't 100% accurate when he fooled him, making him believe that the real him didn't dare to fight with the others clones at close range.
He assumed that Naruto feared the Jyuken style whereas Naruto was attacking him with everything he had since the beginning of the fight along with his clones.

To see all the informations around you doesn't mean that you will interpret them correctly.

And his fighting style isn't about divination, Neji hasn't insight into the future, if it was the case his match would have been completely different, the Hakkeshou or Bagua Zhang in chinese is just a real Chinese internal martial art, one of the main styles of Tai-Chi.
It's directly related to the figures (trigrams and hexagrams) and circular moves of the famous traditional Chinese book IChing or Yi Jing (the Book of Changes), not to the divination itself.

Quote:
No it isn't... Around chapters 60-70 during the Neji and Hinata fight, read Kakashi's and Lee's explanation of the Hyuuga. 'The byakugan is one of the bloodlines that run in the Hyuuga family' or something like that
You confond bloodline limit or blood ability with bloodline.

Quote:
Not necessarily. As shown in the last time we saw Neji the flashback 'You must live on, you must surpass the main family(well something about surpassing all Hyuuga's). And currently Hiashi can probably take him down easily and quickly.
What's the point between the flashback of Neji with his father and Sasuke?
And whe you mention Hiashi, you mean against Sasuke?
And you think it's only probable?
No shit, any Jounin would whip Sasuke's sorry ass, we're talking about Neji here.

Quote:
About Sasuke's speed. Neji isn't slow either. We've only seen his speed displayed in the last fight.
Spoiler:
Use the spoiler tag, even if i don't understand why, it's not a [manga] thread anymore.
And I don't see about what you talk about, you made up that 'disappearing' point.
Spoiler:


Quote:
Neji of course wasn't taking Naruto too seriously until he decided to hakke him. So we don't know if he was that fast then. But also the hakke is extremely fast, seems like only 1 fast hit.
What's your point?
We all know Neji is fast, just not as fast as Lee or Sasuke.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Which would be incredibly useless and would help Sasuke to win.
It's awfully exhausting and painful whereas the Sharingan can see the chakra around people anyway.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Once again use spoiler tag.
And what all that has to do with Sasuke vs. Neji?

Quote:
Also remember you can't judge neji's strength from the Naurto fight.
I don't, I judge Neji on everything he did so far.

Quote:
And you still havent' proved that all his attacks are based on the byakugan. He doens't have to see a place to extract chakra from it.
What the hell are you talking about?
Neji extracts chakra from himself, and anyway the perfect control of chakra from his chakra opening is possible because Neji mastered the Jyuken.

Quote:
And we've seen no non-hyuuga be able to extract chakra from their bodies, we've seen 2/3 hyuuga's do that. And we know that all heirs are taught a move that allows them to do it. Kakashi said that even jounins can't do that.
Seriously what are you saying?
Extracting chakra from their body? That's the whole point of the Chidori and of the Rasengan.
It's near from impossible to do that with all your body when you're not a Hyuga and doesn't master the Jyuken (and it was Ten-Ten who said that, not Kakashi).

Quote:
And you assume Sasuke can find a jutsu to counter it when in fact you have to be a freakazoid that was experimented to counter it. Unless Sasuke changes his body function he won't be able to counter it. And remember those webs weren't ordinary at all. And if Sasuke had to use wires he would need maybe 500 feet or so of wires. None combined of course.
I certainely didn't assume that, stop to put words in my mouth.
If Sasuke was hit by the 64 hands of hakke, the fight would be finished.
And Sasuke certainely didn't need 500 feet of wires to bind Neji's legs for example and he has already showed that he has more than enough to do that.

Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 16:54   Link #272
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Spoiler:
actually you are wrong.

Spoiler:
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 17:20   Link #273
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Amsterdam
Age: 28
I think it's clear that nor Neji, nor any Hyuuga have shown the limit of their bloodline.
When Hiashi killed that Leader of the Thunder Village, it took him about a second. That's not even a fight. When Hiashi fought those invaders during the Chuunin exam he was facing chuunin.
One kaiten was enough (it was quite big though).
The person showing us most about the Hyuuga is Neji, but he hasn't even been taught those techniques by a Hyuuga. He had to learn it by himself.
That's what seperates him from others.
He is a true genius.

It doesn't take a sharingan to learn a massive amount of powerfull jutsu (the 3th for example).

All that needs to happen is Neji getting tought by someone like Hiashi. He could become The 'Itachi' of the Hyuuga, because up untill now I don't think the Hyuuga had ever had such a talented guy.
It's quite hard to show the power of the Hyuuga if you have to reinvent them...

The Hyuuga is the oldest clan in Konoha. They HAVE to have more techniques than that. The techniques shown to us now are just the type to show Neji's abilities. Hyuuga definitely has more than what we have seen.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 17:28   Link #274
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
Ok let me clarify. Neji's attacks are all based on his Byakugan, therefor he is restricted to those type of attacks. Im not just talking about his blindspot. Do you really think the hyuuga are invincible? Im 100% positive that they have a weakness, and im sure Kakashi as a genius of leaf for 20 years, would know it, or at least know a couple jutsus that are good against their style of fighting.
I love how you shove words in my mouth. Sasuke spent all of his training gaining speed in order to use Chidori, so if he was to train to fight Neji, he would still have to spend most of the time on speed, since he lacked it severely, I'm pretty sure Neji is as fast as Lee with his weights, on, and Sasuke was alot slower than that. He (Sasuke) only had one month to train, so in order to even begin to compete with Neji he would need to get his speed up. So he wouldn't have enough time to get his speed up and learn a bunch of Jutsu that may work against Neji.


Quote:
Exactly what i said People dont understand the power of the Sharingan is shown beautifully when the sharingan user knows the weakness of the other person. Kakashi for example would already have a large numer of skills he could use if he knew a weakness, however Sasuke doesnt, thats why he would need time to learn the jutsus.
While that's true, what if you don't have a jutsu for that weakness? How is the Sharingan going to help you?

Quote:
Like you said hes great with Katon, perhaps he can form a katon that hits everywhere at once, entering Nejis blindspot and scoring a hit.
Basically a Katon that engulfs the enemy........it does that already, Neji's blind spot is very small, So I doubt he would be hit by a Katon, seeing as part of the Katon would be out of the blindspot, meaning Neji will see it, and probably just Kaiten it.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 17:39   Link #275
Anthriel
天使
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 独逸 (カールスト)
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
I love how you shove words in my mouth. Sasuke spent all of his training gaining speed in order to use Chidori, so if he was to train to fight Neji, he would still have to spend most of the time on speed, since he lacked it severely, I'm pretty sure Neji is as fast as Lee with his weights, on, and Sasuke was alot slower than that. He (Sasuke) only had one month to train, so in order to even begin to compete with Neji he would need to get his speed up. So he wouldn't have enough time to get his speed up and learn a bunch of Jutsu that may work against Neji.
The good thing about having Sharingan and on top of that, Copy Ninja Kakashi as a teacher, is the amount of time it takes to learn normal jutsu. About five seconds per jutsu, I suppose.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 18:46   Link #276
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
actually you are wrong.

Spoiler:
You're perfectly right but i don't speak of that.
Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 19:51   Link #277
lotus_lee
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London, UK
Age: 29
Lol, this is gonna go on and on and on forever. Well, I guess it's a debate after all. At the moment of time, Sasuke seems like he can beat Neji, but only because we haven't seen much of Neji. I hope in the future we see more of Neji. We hardly have seen him train before, as far as I remember.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 20:13   Link #278
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
It was Hiashi and it was an anime filler.
He did kill him. But it wasn't shown how he did it I belive. But it was shown tha th edid kill that ninja.




Quote:
Re-read this part of the manga, to disrupt chakra around her heart is precisely what Neji did.
I don't know if it crossed your mind it might have been possible that he didn't want ot kill her... Only render her uncunscious at most. Also I would think he can control the amount of chakra he can say send in or whatever.


Quote:
That's a bullshit plain and simple, Naruto proved that Neji's reading abilities wasn't 100% accurate when he fooled him, making him believe that the real him didn't dare to fight with the others clones at close range.
He assumed that Naruto feared the Jyuken style whereas Naruto was attacking him with everything he had since the beginning of the fight along with his clones.

To see all the informations around you doesn't mean that you will interpret them correctly.
Wow that's bullshit becuase he was fooled and underestimated where all people so far have underestimated or fooled by him even the sannins. I won't say that proves my point wrong. And you can in fact predict the outcome if you gain an insight into something it's common sense. Not necessarily Naruto specific.

Quote:
And his fighting style isn't about divination, Neji hasn't insight into the future, if it was the case his match would have been completely different, the Hakkeshou or Bagua Zhang in chinese is just a real Chinese internal martial art, one of the main styles of Tai-Chi.
It's directly related to the figures (trigrams and hexagrams) and circular moves of the famous traditional Chinese book IChing or Yi Jing (the Book of Changes), not to the divination itself.
I never said his style. I meant the Kaiten and 64 Hands of Hakke. the feild of hakke which is shown in the 64 Hands of Hakke is related to divination. If I remember correctly it's like a system for prediction.

Quote:
You confond bloodline limit or blood ability with bloodline.
Yes... I forgout to add ability every single time even though I did add ability before...

Quote:
What's the point between the flashback of Neji with his father and Sasuke?
I belive someone said that Neji will not be a competition for Sasuke due to the story's worth and that his part of the story is over. I'm pointing out that he still has a long ways to go unless Kishimoto decides to kill him off disregarding his whole point.

Quote:
And whe you mention Hiashi, you mean against Sasuke?
And you think it's only probable?
No shit, any Jounin would whip Sasuke's sorry ass, we're talking about Neji here.
I meant Neji. Neji still hasn't surpassed hiashi and is nowhere close to doing that even though we've only seen a tiny bit of Hiashi. Same as above point.


Quote:
Use the spoiler tag, even if i don't understand why, it's not a [manga] thread anymore.
And I don't see about what you talk about, you made up that 'disappearing' point.
Spoiler:
Well I guess I overestimated your intelligence...
[SPOILER]I didn't meant the web was about speed. Common sense says otherwise. He 'dissapeared' as in he was already up to Kido right away without him noticing and then quickly hakked him. He was able to break free and do all that very quickly. With little notice from Kido.
Quote:
What's your point?
We all know Neji is fast, just not as fast as Lee or Sasuke.
My point is that Neji isn't a standing rock and that Sasuke isn't all that much faster than Neji. He wont' run circles around him. Yes he is faster(for a short while) but not by a incredible mount.

Quote:
Which would be incredibly useless and would help Sasuke to win.
It's awfully exhausting and painful whereas the Sharingan can see the chakra around people anyway.
It's not useless. Sure he can see chakra but while it's up will he attack? Maybe against Sasuke it won't be as effective.

Quote:
Once again use spoiler tag.
And what all that has to do with Sasuke vs. Neji?
It has to do with it. As the person who posted before me thinks Sasuke will be able to use his wires to defeat the kaiten. And he would be able to learn a jutsu that would be able to defeat it. Even though we don't know of such currently and what are the chances someone will come and show him and such.

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about?
Neji extracts chakra from himself, and anyway the perfect control of chakra from his chakra opening is possible because Neji mastered the Jyuken.
Someone seems to think that everything of the Hyuuga is related ot the byakugan.
I don't get the Jyuuken thing....
Quote:
Seriously what are you saying?
Extracting chakra from their body? That's the whole point of the Chidori and of the Rasengan.
It's near from impossible to do that with all your body when you're not a Hyuga and doesn't master the Jyuken (and it was Ten-Ten who said that, not Kakashi).
... I said Kakashi called the Hyuuga Leaf's Oldest and Greatest Bloodline and also that the byakugan is 1 of the bloodline 'abilities'(shoudln't forget that or else someone will be on my case....)....

Quote:
I certainely didn't assume that, stop to put words in my mouth.
If Sasuke was hit by the 64 hands of hakke, the fight would be finished.
And Sasuke certainely didn't need 500 feet of wires to bind Neji's legs for example and he has already showed that he has more than enough to do that.
The person that posted before me assumed that.

Sasuke hasn't shown that he can stop the kaiten. Which he would need to get past that he needs to bind his legs.

Quote:
[spoiler]And yeah the semen webs wasn't ordinary : it was built from chakra which was good for Neji because he could break them with his Jyuken at the contrary to a normal wires such as Sasuke's.
... Can Sasuke come up with enough wires say around the same amount of that person to stop Neji's kaiten? And I would think that the way the web was made might have something to do with it.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 20:44   Link #279
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
You're perfectly right but i don't speak of that.
Spoiler:
still wrong

Spoiler:


your wire theory just won't work.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 20:52   Link #280
eLstar
(^_^)v
 
Join Date: May 2003
PLEASE people, use spoiler tags. Don't make me ban you for not using it.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.