AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-08-06, 23:09   Link #321
aptenergy
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
but then Byakugan can see through all genjutsu(this includes Tsukiyomi)....
Better get your facts right or someone's going to berate you... Sharingan can see through all genjutsu. It's unknown how Byakugan reacts to genjutsu, seeing as how we've never actually seen Neji or Hinata encounter it.

Apparently Byakugan is vulnerable to Tsukiyomi too, so if a Hyuuga has it activated and Itachi stands behind the Hyuuga and uses Tsukiyomi, the Hyuuga will get punished. This we definitively know because... eh, because Itachi said only a Sharingan user can counter it.
aptenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 23:53   Link #322
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptenergy
Better get your facts right or someone's going to berate you... Sharingan can see through all genjutsu. It's unknown how Byakugan reacts to genjutsu, seeing as how we've never actually seen Neji or Hinata encounter it.

Apparently Byakugan is vulnerable to Tsukiyomi too, so if a Hyuuga has it activated and Itachi stands behind the Hyuuga and uses Tsukiyomi, the Hyuuga will get punished. This we definitively know because... eh, because Itachi said only a Sharingan user can counter it.
Well, this one I doubt very much. Due to the one-on-one nature of the jutsu, I think that both the Sharingan user and the target must actually be looking into each other's eyes.

And as to what Itachi said ... never mind, I don't want to get into this again.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 23:56   Link #323
eLstar
(^_^)v
 
Join Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Well, this one I doubt very much. Due to the one-on-one nature of the jutsu, I think that both the Sharingan user and the target must actually be looking into each other's eyes.

And as to what Itachi said ... never mind, I don't want to get into this again.
Definitely do not want to get into the "Can Byakugan avoid the Mangekyo?" discussions again. I think the old-timers have said their part and let the new guys go this time...in the Byakugan vs. Sharingan thread of course.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 02:32   Link #324
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Sasuke vs Neji.
---------------------


Strong points -----------

Sasuke: His genjutsu is non-existant. His strong point is his taijutsu and a bit of nijutsu. His fireballs are strong but not very powerful. The speed he gained from Lee. Sharingan to help him anticipate movements.

Neji: His genjutsu is also non-existant. His strong point is his taijutsu with his gentle fist style. He doest use any nijutsu techniques. Byakuggan to give him perfect peripheral vision and hit sasukes critical points.

-------------

Simple scenario. Sasuke and Neji are facing each other. What will sasuke do? Most likely he will begin with Taijutsu. Simply put the soft fist style of Neji is nearly flawless. Even lee cannot beat him in hand to hand combat. Neji has nearly 360 degree vision. Sasuke would not be able to touch him at all.

Next sasuke will decide to up his attack by incorporating the speed he learned from lee into his taijutu. Will it have any effect? None at all. Why? Because even Lee coudlnt beat neji. Lee is faster than Sasuke. In gai's words, Sasukes speed and taijutsu were "Hastily aquired". Evem if sasuke was same speed and effetiency as Lee. That still isnt good enough.
Neji knew how fast lee was without the weights. It didnt bother him. Notice he wasnt in the least bit surprised at how fast lee was moving without the weights.
Lee himself said when he opened the gates "This was the secret technique i was saving to defeat you Neji"
In other words, Speed and great taijutsu alone are not enough to defeat the gentle fist style and Neji's Byakugggan.

What will sasuke try next? Perhaps hell use a few nifty tricks and try to land a nice Katon fireball like he did vs Orochimaru in the forest. Will that have any affect? Nothing, because Neji will kaiten and his fireball will no have any effect.

Next sasuke will try to pull out the big guns. He will use Chidori.

And that is what it comes down too. Can Sasuke's Chidori penetrate Neji's Kaiten?

Its hard to say. Naruto was able to penetrate kaiten because Neji was so flabbergasted. He was so overwhelmed by all the power that naruto was showing that he didnt Kaiten in time. He said himself "This is no good! I need to start the whirl" If he had "whirled" in time, naruto would not have penetrated.

As far as chidori goes. I do not think that kaiten can withstand it.

Kaiten is awesome but Chidori is a bit too much. It is specifically used to break through impenetrable defences. Even gaara's gaint ball of rockhard sand couldnt block chidori.

Basically if sasuke uses chidori, Neji will have to dodge it. He cannot just stand there and kaiten because Sasuke will bust his kaiten and kill him.

So the next critical question comes up.

Can Sasukes sharingan anticipate neji's movements and try to land a chidori, or will Neji's byakuggan allow him to completely safely dodge all of sasuke's attempts at landing chidori.

Personally I think that sasuke cannot land chidori on Neji.

Why? Because chidori slows you down, and its a big loud thing. If sasuke could land chidori on Neji, then he would be able to land his taijutsus attacks on neji.

But like I said, even Lee with his godly taijutsu cannot touch neji because of byakuggan and gentle fist.

To put it simply. At this current time. Neji is superior to Sasuke.

HOWEVER. I also think that Neji is nearly peaking as far as his blood-line goes. Sharingan's powers are three fold.

1) is to anticpate attacks.
2) Is to copy jutsus
3) Is to use some uber genjutsu techniques. (Like kakashi did on zabuza, or itachi various eye genjutsus.)

Basically sasuke is fairly good at using 1 and 2. However he still doenst know how to use sharingan genjutsus. So when sasuke, learns these gejutsus, then he wil lbe able to beat neji easily.

-- Neji knows how to use his byakuggan to nearly its full potential. (he is older than sasuke by 1 year. Think how strong sasuke will be in 1 years time.)
-- Sasuke doest know how to use his sharingans gejutsus yet.

Round 1 ( current time.) Sasuke vs Neji. ---- Neji will win.
Round 2 ( In the future) Sasuke vs Neji ---- Sasuke will win.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 12:13   Link #325
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Personally I think that sasuke cannot land chidori on Neji.

Why? Because chidori slows you down, and its a big loud thing. If sasuke could land chidori on Neji, then he would be able to land his taijutsus attacks on neji.
You dreamed that, you don't become slower when you use the Chidori.
The very principle of the Chidori is to run as fast as possible, to push the limits of the human body.
That's why you can't change your direction, you run too fast for that and without the Sharingan to predict the moves of your opponent, you can't avoid anything due to the too high speed.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 12:30   Link #326
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I see. So your logic is that sasuke dragging that giant ball of chakra down low, is faster than he would be if he just took off at a full sprint. Correct?
__________________

Last edited by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu; 2004-08-08 at 13:34.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 13:18   Link #327
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Sasuke vs Neji.
---------------------


Strong points -----------

Sasuke: His genjutsu is non-existant. His strong point is his taijutsu and a bit of nijutsu. His fireballs are strong but not very powerful. The speed he gained from Lee. Sharingan to help him anticipate movements.

Neji: His genjutsu is also non-existant. His strong point is his taijutsu with his gentle fist style. He doest use any nijutsu techniques. Byakuggan to give him perfect peripheral vision and hit sasukes critical points.

-------------

Simple scenario. Sasuke and Neji are facing each other. What will sasuke do? Most likely he will begin with Taijutsu. Simply put the soft fist style of Neji is nearly flawless. Even lee cannot beat him in hand to hand combat. Neji has nearly 360 degree vision. Sasuke would not be able to touch him at all.

Next sasuke will decide to up his attack by incorporating the speed he learned from lee into his taijutu. Will it have any effect? None at all. Why? Because even Lee coudlnt beat neji. Lee is faster than Sasuke. In gai's words, Sasukes speed and taijutsu were "Hastily aquired". Evem if sasuke was same speed and effetiency as Lee. That still isnt good enough.
Neji knew how fast lee was without the weights. It didnt bother him. Notice he wasnt in the least bit surprised at how fast lee was moving without the weights.
Lee himself said when he opened the gates "This was the secret technique i was saving to defeat you Neji"
In other words, Speed and great taijutsu alone are not enough to defeat the gentle fist style and Neji's Byakugggan.

What will sasuke try next? Perhaps hell use a few nifty tricks and try to land a nice Katon fireball like he did vs Orochimaru in the forest. Will that have any affect? Nothing, because Neji will kaiten and his fireball will no have any effect.

Next sasuke will try to pull out the big guns. He will use Chidori.

And that is what it comes down too. Can Sasuke's Chidori penetrate Neji's Kaiten?

Its hard to say. Naruto was able to penetrate kaiten because Neji was so flabbergasted. He was so overwhelmed by all the power that naruto was showing that he didnt Kaiten in time. He said himself "This is no good! I need to start the whirl" If he had "whirled" in time, naruto would not have penetrated.

As far as chidori goes. I do not think that kaiten can withstand it.

Kaiten is awesome but Chidori is a bit too much. It is specifically used to break through impenetrable defences. Even gaara's gaint ball of rockhard sand couldnt block chidori.

Basically if sasuke uses chidori, Neji will have to dodge it. He cannot just stand there and kaiten because Sasuke will bust his kaiten and kill him.

So the next critical question comes up.

Can Sasukes sharingan anticipate neji's movements and try to land a chidori, or will Neji's byakuggan allow him to completely safely dodge all of sasuke's attempts at landing chidori.

Personally I think that sasuke cannot land chidori on Neji.

Why? Because chidori slows you down, and its a big loud thing. If sasuke could land chidori on Neji, then he would be able to land his taijutsus attacks on neji.

But like I said, even Lee with his godly taijutsu cannot touch neji because of byakuggan and gentle fist.

To put it simply. At this current time. Neji is superior to Sasuke.

HOWEVER. I also think that Neji is nearly peaking as far as his blood-line goes. Sharingan's powers are three fold.

1) is to anticpate attacks.
2) Is to copy jutsus
3) Is to use some uber genjutsu techniques. (Like kakashi did on zabuza, or itachi various eye genjutsus.)

Basically sasuke is fairly good at using 1 and 2. However he still doenst know how to use sharingan genjutsus. So when sasuke, learns these gejutsus, then he wil lbe able to beat neji easily.

-- Neji knows how to use his byakuggan to nearly its full potential. (he is older than sasuke by 1 year. Think how strong sasuke will be in 1 years time.)
-- Sasuke doest know how to use his sharingans gejutsus yet.

Round 1 ( current time.) Sasuke vs Neji. ---- Neji will win.
Round 2 ( In the future) Sasuke vs Neji ---- Sasuke will win.

First off you have no idea whether his Katon will have any affect on Neji. If he caught Neji off guard he could land one easily. I dont know why you assume he couldnt land one, although if he did it wouldnt cause enough damage to KO him.

I believe he could land chidori on Neji, mostly because he was able to land hits on Haku when he was moving at incredibly fast speeds. The predictability of the Sharingan is amazing. Also it has never been stated that Chidori slows anyone down, thats your opinion.

So really it would come down to chidori vs kaiten, which i think would result in an explosion that would hurt them both. If not it would result in Chidori piercing the Kaiten, after all chidori is highly concentrated chakra in one spot, while kaiten isnt, its spread to cover Nejis entire body.

I think its more likely also that Neji would use kaiten once he sees Sasuke charging him with chakra, because thats what he did with Naruto.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 13:25   Link #328
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
First off you have no idea whether his Katon will have any affect on Neji. If he caught Neji off guard he could land one easily. I dont know why you assume he couldnt land one, although if he did it wouldnt cause enough damage to KO him.

I believe he could land chidori on Neji, mostly because he was able to land hits on Haku when he was moving at incredibly fast speeds. The predictability of the Sharingan is amazing. Also it has never been stated that Chidori slows anyone down, thats your opinion.

So really it would come down to chidori vs kaiten, which i think would result in an explosion that would hurt them both. If not it would result in Chidori piercing the Kaiten, after all chidori is highly concentrated chakra in one spot, while kaiten isnt, its spread to cover Nejis entire body.

I think its more likely also that Neji would use kaiten once he sees Sasuke charging him with chakra, because thats what he did with Naruto.
Indeed. It comes down to more than just kaiten vs chidori.
It also comes down the question of,

What is superior, Sharingans ability to predict an opponents movements, or Byakuggans ability to detect all attacks and guard against them?

Even with his chidori, can sasuke bypass neji's byakuggan and land a chori on him?
Remember sasukes speed does not bother Neji. You can tell tha from how unbothered he was by lee's speed when lee took off the weights. Lee didnt say "I was savin this speeed to defeat you neji" . because speed wont work agaisnt byakuggan. Instead he said "I was saving this [primary lotus/gates] to defeat you neji"
__________________
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 13:34   Link #329
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Indeed. It comes down to more than just kaiten vs chidori.
It also comes down the question of,

What is superior, Sharingans ability to predict an opponents movements, or Byakuggans ability to detect all attacks and guard against them?

Even with his chidori, can sasuke bypass neji's byakuggan and land a chori on him?
Remember sasukes speed does not bother Neji. You can tell tha from how unbothered he was by lee's speed when lee took off the weights. Lee didnt say "I was savin this speeed to defeat you neji" . because speed wont work agaisnt byakuggan. Instead he said "I was saving this [primary lotus/gates] to defeat you neji"

Well Lees speed could be sufficient to land some hits on Neji. The thing is one hit from Neji and Lee is hurtin bad, 1 hit from Lee and Neji gets back up and hes ok. Thats why its almost useless to use taijutsu vs him, you will lose unless you are far above his level. Gentle fist is just too superior probably any other taijutsu.

So really the way neji saw it, no matter how fast Lee was, he couldnt defeat Neji with just taijutsu, because nobody can unless they horridly out match him, like fighting gai/kakashi. Thats my opinion anyways.

So it had to come down to Lee finding a move that could defeat Neji quickly and with one move. Since he cannot use jutsus, he had to find a move that didnt require skill in this, which was the gates.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 13:41   Link #330
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
I see. So your logic is that sasuke dragging that giant ball of chakra down low, is faster than he would be if he just took off at a full sprint. Correct?
My point is exactly what was explained about the Chidori by Gai and Lee during the Chuunin exam contrary to you who invents stuff out of no-where.

Quote:
Every post i make , you ingore everything in the body of the post, and try to nit pick on the little crap in an attempt to start an argument. Not bothering to even be cultured about your replies, you use bitchy phrases like "You dreamed that up"
That's a bullshit and you know it.
Make my day and try to find an example of my post, where I didn't answer to every single point I disagree with.
Ignore the body of your post? I do exactly the opposite, that's why my post are too long usually.
And that's why you keep whining instead of trying to answer when I disagree with you.

I didn't really disagree with your whole previous post, for what purpose should I quoted it? To say that I kinda agreed more or less?
I quoted this part because I disagreed with it because it contradicts what the manga said about the Chidori.
If you can't handle that someone contradicts you then just don't bother to post because it's what happens in a forum.

Quote:
Id just like to let you know that your highly annoying.
I love me too.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 13:44   Link #331
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
Well Lees speed could be sufficient to land some hits on Neji. The thing is one hit from Neji and Lee is hurtin bad, 1 hit from Lee and Neji gets back up and hes ok. Thats why its almost useless to use taijutsu vs him, you will lose unless you are far above his level. Gentle fist is just too superior probably any other taijutsu.

So really the way neji saw it, no matter how fast Lee was, he couldnt defeat Neji with just taijutsu, because nobody can unless they horridly out match him, like fighting gai/kakashi. Thats my opinion anyways.

So it had to come down to Lee finding a move that could defeat Neji quickly and with one move. Since he cannot use jutsus, he had to find a move that didnt require skill in this, which was the gates.
Indeed but gates is a whole whole other level. Lee's becomes even faster when he opens thoes gates. His power is irresistable. Gaara felt like he was in the twilight zone, and asked himself helplessly "Is this really human movement?"

When sasuke fires up his chidori, Neji knows its something big. Hes going to take it seriously. Sasuke has very very limited tries before his chidori chakra runs out (3?) When sasuke has fired up chidori, and Neji is has braced himself to dodge sasuke, will sasuke be able to land it?

Its really a pointless question to ask because we will never know. Neji was dodging arrows being blasted at him from unseen corners by a sound ninja wit ha giant powerful bow. He could very easily dodge sasukes attack.
Then again sasuke has shiranga which will help him anticipate neji but will it be enough?

Oh my god. Im supposed to be studiying.
__________________
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 13:50   Link #332
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Indeed but gates is a whole whole other level. Lee's becomes even faster when he opens thoes gates. His power is irresistable. Gaara felt like he was in the twilight zone, and asked himself helplessly "Is this really human movement?"

When sasuke fires up his chidori, Neji knows its something big. Hes going to take it seriously. Sasuke has very very limited tries before his chidori chakra runs out (3?) When sasuke has fired up chidori, and Neji is has braced himself to dodge sasuke, will sasuke be able to land it?

Its really a pointless question to ask because we will never know. Neji was dodging arrows being blasted at him from unseen corners by a sound ninja wit ha giant powerful bow. He could very easily dodge sasukes attack.
Then again sasuke has shiranga which will help him anticipate neji but will it be enough?

Oh my god. Im supposed to be studiying.
Exactly, and like i said, the only way to defeat Neji with Taijutsu alone is to be gai/kakashi level or above. How do you do this? Gates So its very well possible he could land a few hits on Neji, but like Neji is really worried about that.

Again in my opinion, Neji would see its a strong attack heading towards him, and use his "impenetrable defense" to stop it. Since he doesnt know that Chidori is designed for piercing, he would use kaiten thinking he could stop whatever attack Sasuke is planning. After all why play with fire? Why try to dodge it if it could be dangerous? Why not use your super defensive tactic which has never been pierced before and stay on the safe side.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 15:07   Link #333
snarl
>:o
 
Join Date: May 2004
Sasuke won't hit Neji with the chidori. He'll be lucky if he even gets to use it before his taijutsu style gets his tenkutus closed. Neji can hear chidori coming simply because its just so damn noisy and that makes it easy to dodge. Only time chidori has hit anything is when it was stationary or charging at the chidori. Sharingan isn't some kind of homing device. It helps predict movement and react but only to Sasuke's body's abilities, and i don't think Sasuke is able to completely turn and switch directions at full speed after Neji switches positions.
snarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 15:15   Link #334
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarl
Sasuke won't hit Neji with the chidori. He'll be lucky if he even gets to use it before his taijutsu style gets his tenkutus closed. Neji can hear chidori coming simply because its just so damn noisy and that makes it easy to dodge. Only time chidori has hit anything is when it was stationary or charging at the chidori. Sharingan isn't some kind of homing device. It helps predict movement and react but only to Sasuke's body's abilities, and i don't think Sasuke is able to completely turn and switch directions at full speed after Neji switches positions.
Like i said, it helped predict Haku's movements letting Sasuke hit him, and how fast was Haku going?

The target in no way has to be stationary, do i have to remind you that Kakashi cut a bolt of lightening with it? I wouldnt call a bolt of lightening stationary by any means... Oh and by the way, to predict where a bolt of lightening is going to hit, and stop it shows the ability of prediction by sharingan.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 15:54   Link #335
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
Like i said, it helped predict Haku's movements letting Sasuke hit him, and how fast was Haku going?

The target in no way has to be stationary, do i have to remind you that Kakashi cut a bolt of lightening with it? I wouldnt call a bolt of lightening stationary by any means... Oh and by the way, to predict where a bolt of lightening is going to hit, and stop it shows the ability of prediction by sharingan.
You shouldn't really base things on that statement. Like in what circumstances did eh cut it. Was it a jutsu? was it a storm? And also he is a jounin, Sasuke is not. His level of sharingan is higher than sasuke. And since this is Sasuke. vs Neji the Byakugan will be able to track it no matter where, the second it starts he should see it and should be able to track it from when it started to when it's in front of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptenergy
Better get your facts right or someone's going to berate you... Sharingan can see through all genjutsu. It's unknown how Byakugan reacts to genjutsu, seeing as how we've never actually seen Neji or Hinata encounter it.

Apparently Byakugan is vulnerable to Tsukiyomi too, so if a Hyuuga has it activated and Itachi stands behind the Hyuuga and uses Tsukiyomi, the Hyuuga will get punished. This we definitively know because... eh, because Itachi said only a Sharingan user can counter it.
Itachi may have been full of himself, or he may not know much about the Hyuuga.

The byakugan can see through things. Even real objects, we know that genjutsu at least the one with the sound nin was made of chakra. Well genjutus requires chakra. Even throwing away that fact that he would see the person forming chakra for a move, he will be able to see the chakra in the genjutsu. Like the only part we see Sasuke use his sharingan to see through genjutsu is when he saw a 'vague'(byakugan won't be vague) blob of chakra.

You shouldn't say better get your facts straight when you don't know you are right and that I am wrong. And I'm not saying I'm right. Though judging from things it should be right.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 16:07   Link #336
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
You shouldn't really base things on that statement. Like in what circumstances did eh cut it. Was it a jutsu? was it a storm? And also he is a jounin, Sasuke is not. His level of sharingan is higher than sasuke. And since this is Sasuke. vs Neji the Byakugan will be able to track it no matter where, the second it starts he should see it and should be able to track it from when it started to when it's in front of him.
It doesnt matter, it was lightening = fast. People wouldnt boast this if it wasnt impressive.

Also while Sasukes sharingan isnt fully developed, i doubt Neji can move anywhere fast as lightening. My point is that when Sasukes first got his undeveloped sharingan he could see the speed of Haku, which was supposed to be pretty fast, and he predicted his attacks. Kakashis developed sharingan was able to predict the course of a lightening bolt and cut it in half. These boast the ability of Sharingan.

Not sure what you are trying to say in the last part of your paragraph.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 16:44   Link #337
UserName
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
It doesnt matter, it was lightening = fast. People wouldnt boast this if it wasnt impressive.

Also while Sasukes sharingan isnt fully developed, i doubt Neji can move anywhere fast as lightening. My point is that when Sasukes first got his undeveloped sharingan he could see the speed of Haku, which was supposed to be pretty fast, and he predicted his attacks. Kakashis developed sharingan was able to predict the course of a lightening bolt and cut it in half. These boast the ability of Sharingan.

Not sure what you are trying to say in the last part of your paragraph.
And I'ms ure Neji can also easily see Haku's speed. And he should be able to predict his attacks also. Sharingan can't 'predict' it fools the person into thiking it can.

What I was saying is that Neji can do the same thing. You don't knwo if he can move fast enough. And there is a difference between agility and speed. Also reaction.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 16:54   Link #338
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
Like i said, it helped predict Haku's movements letting Sasuke hit him, and how fast was Haku going?

The target in no way has to be stationary, do i have to remind you that Kakashi cut a bolt of lightening with it? I wouldnt call a bolt of lightening stationary by any means... Oh and by the way, to predict where a bolt of lightening is going to hit, and stop it shows the ability of prediction by sharingan.
I seriously, honestly doubt Kakashi started running around in the middle of a field trying to find a lightning bolt to practice his technique on. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Or how stupid it would be to intentionally try to be hit by lightning?

According to the manga, Sasuke could only barely see Haku. He knew that Haku was going for Naruto, so he moved Naruto out of the way.
And, just because Sasuke could see a glimpse of Haku doesn'ty mean he was able to dodge those attacks.


And, Wolf-of-Mibu, the biggest problem I see with your scenario is that Neji apparently doesn't attack and will wait for Sasuke to figure out what he's going to do next.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 16:55   Link #339
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
And I'ms ure Neji can also easily see Haku's speed. And he should be able to predict his attacks also. Sharingan can't 'predict' it fools the person into thiking it can.

What I was saying is that Neji can do the same thing. You don't knwo if he can move fast enough. And there is a difference between agility and speed. Also reaction.
lol, no Sharingan has the prediction ability, not Byakugan. Not sure how you got confused between the two. Neji would not see Hakus speed, he could however see everything in 360 radius.

Sharingan does use prediction to dodge/evade attacks. The sharingan user can see the attack immediately regardless of speed, then proceeds to start an attack or block to stop it. Watch the fight with Haku, or the fight with Sasuke vs Gaara. With Gaara Sasuke directly states he wouldnt be alive if not for the sharingan's ability to help him evade attacks.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 16:57   Link #340
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
I seriously, honestly doubt Kakashi started running around in the middle of a field trying to find a lightning bolt to practice his technique on. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Or how stupid it would be to intentionally try to be hit by lightning?

According to the manga, Sasuke could only barely see Haku. He knew that Haku was going for Naruto, so he moved Naruto out of the way.
And, just because Sasuke could see a glimpse of Haku doesn'ty mean he was able to dodge those attacks.


And, Wolf-of-Mibu, the biggest problem I see with your scenario is that Neji apparently doesn't attack and will wait for Sasuke to figure out what he's going to do next.

Who knows why he did it, but how can you say its rediculous when they say he did that, and named it lightening edge because of this...

No, Haku attacks Naruto because he can no longer hit vital spots on Sasuke.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.