AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like TEA ?
YES 164 85.86%
NO 27 14.14%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-11-15, 02:57   Link #121
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Just kidding...she's the prettiest one in it.
which one is that? I see no pretty girls....

Anyways....

I enjoy crysantheum tea, it's has pretty flowers in it and it tastes rather sweet.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 04:27   Link #122
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin

Anyways....

I enjoy crysantheum tea, it's has pretty flowers in it and it tastes rather sweet.
ooohohohoh..
thems fighting words

i think that she looks quite pretty

chrysanthemum tea isnt overly sweet
just the stuff sold in tetra paks
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 05:54   Link #123
???
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Anyways....
Yeah... They all look the same .

Anyways, ive tryed Tetley Earl Gray for the first time and it tasted the same as the orange SALADA.
??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 10:10   Link #124
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
I take my Earl Grey with a spot of milk (English style). You might wanna give it a try. Earl Grey is the only type of tea I take with milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
By contrast, I can't stand Earl Grey. The taste of bergamot totally ruins the flavor of the tea for me. Any advice on how to recognize a really good Earl Grey so that I can be sure it is just me?
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 14:52   Link #125
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
I take my Earl Grey with a spot of milk (English style). You might wanna give it a try. Earl Grey is the only type of tea I take with milk.
Maybe that's the trick.
I'll try that next time.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 19:36   Link #126
Dorfl

Anyone ever tried washing their hands with cold tea? It's incredibly refreshing, whether your hands are dry and abrasive or kinda clammy, just wash them with a little cold tea and voila, they feel like new again! Maybe it's the caffeine seeping into your skin or something. Help! My hands are on speed!!!

Also...drinking tea when you're ill. Make it with no milk and add vinegar, lime and just a little sugar. The sugar gives you energy, the lime refreshes you and the vinegar holds back nausea and the whole deal really perks to up. For optimum results, it should be somewhere between hot and warm. Enjoy!!
Old 2004-11-17, 01:51   Link #127
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I have to admit that I've nver heard of either of those suggestions!

You're just having it on with us, aren't you?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 03:02   Link #128
Dorfl

Nope, 100% serious. I don't exactly advise washing your hands with tea, though, it's a waste of perfectly good tea. It's just something I do every once in a while, especially on very hot days. The tea, lemon and vinegar trick is something I picked up from my cousin a while ago. Using honey instead of sugar works like a treat as well, and as a bonus it's good for sore throats! There, aren't you glad you like tea instead of coffee?
Old 2004-11-17, 03:02   Link #129
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:

I think those suggestions are a little odd too. And I usually consider myself an open minded person, but I -will not- wash my hands with tea!

just kidding.. I already tried it!! It was refreshing indeed.. (Im still a hot water fan though)
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 04:04   Link #130
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Nope, 100% serious. I don't exactly advise washing your hands with tea, though, it's a waste of perfectly good tea. It's just something I do every once in a while, especially on very hot days. The tea, lemon and vinegar trick is something I picked up from my cousin a while ago. Using honey instead of sugar works like a treat as well, and as a bonus it's good for sore throats! There, aren't you glad you like tea instead of coffee?
I've heard of tea, honey, and lemon for sore throats and colds, but not with vinegar. Though I've also heard of it with a little wine added. Maybe the vinegar is a substitute for the under-aged?
Old 2004-11-17, 13:38   Link #131
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Anyone ever tried washing their hands with cold tea? It's incredibly refreshing, whether your hands are dry and abrasive or kinda clammy, just wash them with a little cold tea and voila, they feel like new again! Maybe it's the caffeine seeping into your skin or something. Help! My hands are on speed!!!

Try it the next time you go out for Chinese food or something.
When your hands get greasy, pour a bit of hot tea onto your napkin and use it to wipe off your hands.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 19:59   Link #132
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
When your hands get greasy, pour a bit of hot tea onto your napkin and use it to wipe off your hands.

are you pulling our legs? now that you have suggested this. i'll have to give it a try!
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 00:45   Link #133
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
I used to brew tea one cup at a time, but gave that up when I started to drink more than one or two cups a day. I now use a cheap glass tea pot (from Bed Bath and Beyond) to warm the water in, put in the tea, strain out the tea after about 5-10 minutes (I like strong tea), then serve (warming mug in microwave when pot gets cold).

I am yet to find a good tea seller around where I am at. However, I have found some great ginger teas at the local Chinese foods market. Though homemade is still best (small crushed slice of ginger boiled in pot of water, stir in honey to taste) Yum... For store bought varieties I get Republic of Teas. It seems to have the largest variety of flavors, it is in a sealed container, and I like many of them. That generic tea you buy in bulk, it has a very bland and stale taste, so I stay away from it. But it is acceptable if nothing else is available.

I stay away from oolong teas because they tastes kind of like a bad coffee. But I like green, black, white, and red (Rooibos) teas. White tends to be quite a bit more bitter for me unfortunately. I am yet to find a good white tea, but am still looking. I will look into the white teas mentioned though.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 17:00   Link #134
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Hmmm I've done this before. Got it from my parents. I usually do it when ther is no water around or if I am too lazy to goto the bathroom and clean my hands. It's actually pretty refreshing and works better than water. It reacts well against the greasiness that typically comes with chinese food.

as the adding lime, sugar, and vinegar... urrr. yeah... sounds way too funky for me. I'll stick to how I drink my tea for now. I abhor the idea of adding something sweet to any tea (milk is the only thing i will add and it's only with earlong).

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 05:34   Link #135
ukanimemike
Love Animes !

Send a message via AIM to ukanimemike Send a message via MSN to ukanimemike Send a message via Yahoo to ukanimemike
As for me, I usually drink English Tea in the morning "Early Grey" with milk and sugar and drink Chinese Green Tea during and after meal.

There are many different type of Chinese tea and my mum usually have a small collection of them.....

but drinking tea i believe and i agree it does help to improve health

Mike
ukanimemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 16:22   Link #136
cnnydz
Feed me

i love all kinds of tea, i have a cabinet full of tea tins, as for my favorite, let's just say i don't like blends, i prefer to buy single estate teas and make my own blend. for a typical morning tea i use one pinch second flush darjeeling (any good estate will do, and i have quite a few of them), half a pinch of ceylon (optional), and half a pinch of second flush assam or nilgiri (too give the tea a kick). i also love green and oolong teas. for green tea it is sencha(gyokuro) or pilouchun, sencha is refreshing but pilouchun is more aromatic, they both taste very sweet and the sweetness can last for hours. now for oolong tea it is a bit complicated since the taste varies between green and black, and there is too many kinds to find a favorite. oh and i usually treat first flush darjeeling as a oolong tea, because they are not as strong as black teas and are more aromatic.
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 19:08   Link #137
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
cnnydz I'm impressed by your professionalism when it comes to brewing and consuming tea.

I tend to only drink tea when I'm feeling under the weather with a sore throat or when someone offers to make one for me. Otherwise it's 8 glasses of pure filtered water (they filter tap water right?) every day. Okay, now and then I go wild and have a pint (yes a pint) of orange juice.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 19:18   Link #138
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I can't believe I'm actually seeing 'shipping for types of tea o.O

"my tea bestest, rest pnz0rd"

Anyway.... varieties of green tea (included that with roasted rice flavor), earl grey for a changeup.... I also like barley tea (hot or cold) and corn tea (hot).

There's a powdered mushroom (shitake) tea that is really great when you're not feeling well.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 19:29   Link #139
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Interesting observation Vexx, someone should definitely chronicle tea shipping on wikipedia. It can go under the non-conventional ships heading. People think normal relationships are controversial. Wait till ya hear about tea based love triangles.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 20:00   Link #140
Shadow Kira01

I haven't drank tea in awhile.