AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like TEA ?
YES 164 85.86%
NO 27 14.14%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-31, 20:26   Link #141
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I can't believe I'm actually seeing 'shipping for types of tea o.O

"my tea bestest, rest pnz0rd"

Anyway.... varieties of green tea (included that with roasted rice flavor), earl grey for a changeup.... I also like barley tea (hot or cold) and corn tea (hot).

There's a powdered mushroom (shitake) tea that is really great when you're not feeling well.
yeah genmaicha is good, but most of the ones in shops are not very good, the tea they use are normally bancha, it is not that i have anything against bancha, but it would taste better if you use sencha, so i don't usually drink it(too lazy to roast rice, and pure sencha taste just fine). i don't like earl grey either, most of them are just overwhelmed with bergamot, there are good ones with real bergamot peels but i just can't stand the bergamot. and things like barley tea and corn tea technically are not real teas, they are tisanes - tea like
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 20:30   Link #142
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

The only tea I've drank on a regular basis is Green Tea. Always have some when I eat at my local Japanese restraunt.
Old 2009-01-31, 21:12   Link #143
Cut-Tongue
ボクサッチ!

I end up drinking a lot of tea... my wife's mother is a tea ceremony teacher, and so its kind of filtered down to her, and by extension, me. I like green tea okay, its not my favorite thing in the world though (black coffee is more to my taste).

Mushroom tea sounds good, though.

edit: that barley tea / water hybrid thing they serve before meals in some Korean restaurants is my favorite kind of tea.

"L'enfer, c'est les autres." - Jean-Paul Sartre
http://bathcat.muxtape.com/
Cut-Tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 21:13   Link #144
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

I love green tea. Best hot beverage ever. Coffee sucks though.
Old 2009-01-31, 21:13   Link #145
klowny
OH NO

i Rarely drink tea, most of the time it's coffee with cream and sugar because it's too bitter for me
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 21:23   Link #146
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes Send a message via Skype™ to dragon4dudes
I enjoy tea. I tend to drink Jasmine tea. I can handle any type of tea, though with the bags, I tend to forget to remove it and the tea then usually becomes too bitter, which sucks.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 21:50   Link #147
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Chinese Black tea for me. I got into tea drinking really young because of my grandfather. Everyone else in the family minus my dad doesn't appreciate it tho.

I enjoy the occasional Japanese tea, especially rice teas. I find English teas alittle bitter compared to oriental ones and I take it with milk.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 22:03   Link #148
sa547
*Author

Although I'm generally a heavy coffee drinker (two cups a day -- love a good boom of caffeine) and drink cold bottled green tea (C2 brand), whenever I come to eat at a good Chinese restaurant, usually I also order a cup of Oolong to get ready for a huge bowl of sour-spicy pork noodles.

I feel that first-class Chinese tea variants works best with Asian dishes.

Then I looked at tea and coffee and figured that they have some health benefits, regardless of how loud the propagandists say. Nothing wrong as long as they're consumed properly.

Finally, I don't remember what magazine I got this but written down as: "Tea is best drunk when it is time for peace, to relax, wind down, meditate and to concentrate; coffee is the consumption of choice when one heads for war at the workplace, when determined and furious, to plow through paper and beating the deadlines."

Loved them both.

Last edited by sa547; 2009-01-31 at 22:25.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 22:08   Link #149
darkfreya
The Queen Of Darkness

Send a message via MSN to darkfreya
green natural tea is the one i like to drink
Old 2009-01-31, 22:10   Link #150
SapphireSwampert
Killer Loli

Send a message via Yahoo to SapphireSwampert
I love tea. Much better than coffee and smells better in my opinion. But only when it's warm. I dislike Iced Tea. >:
Old 2009-01-31, 23:03   Link #151
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I haven't had tea in a while, despite loving it. There's something besides the taste - it seems to clear up my mouth and throat whenever I sip it. Coffee, on the other hand, seems to want to wake me up by simply smoking my throat.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 00:58   Link #152
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

I guess I am one of those that doesn't really drink green tea at all. But, I love tea, spicy black tea (earl grey flavored ones, ceylon, and a few others, and may taste better when you mix those soft-taste ones with the bitter ones), jasmine, mango, camomile (the dried version, not the processed), sage (again, not processed, but the leaves), and some herbal teas.
Old 2009-02-01, 03:48   Link #153
LaceNFrills

My mom make green tea some what often. I don't drink tea regularly. I've also heard that green tea stain your teeth so I drink them less (when I do I would brush my teeth right after). Although I've also heard that they boost your metabolism . My favorite tea would be Thai tea.
LaceNFrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 05:50   Link #154
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Mmm, I love tea. Especially when I'm sick and it has some mint and honey in it >.<

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 02:26   Link #155
Skyy-infusions
Symmetry is my art.

Tea?...sometimes...coffee, most of the time...in moderation (it's a known fact that coffee fights some cancer)
Skyy-infusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 05:32   Link #156
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

I often drink Green Tea, and usually coffee-tea. I like the latter because of the caffeine rush through my bloodstream, then making me so sedated when it wears off.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 05:39   Link #157
Imperial Blaze
最終的な力を感じなさい
*Graphic Designer

I really love tea.....

Imperial Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 05:42   Link #158
Psycho 101
~Warrior Chef~

Send a message via MSN to Psycho 101 Send a message via Yahoo to Psycho 101 Send a message via Skype™ to Psycho 101
Well now that I'm a part of the forum you can add one more tea junkie to the list. I LOVE tea and have been into it and drinking it for many years. It's healthy, good for you, can help regulate your body, and just tastes awesome. Now I am very picky though with anything food/drink related. I spend extra to buy good quality items and not cheap crap. So no plain ole Lipton tea bags with nothing but powder and fannings. The only bad tea I get on any regular basis is either Harney and Sons or Tazo. However I almost always use loose tea and have 2 nice teapots for making it. I normally buy my loose tea at either Teavana, or Baltimore Tea/Coffee (local store) or I order online from InPursuitOfTea. I would say my favorites are probably Oolong, Green, and Herbals.
Old 2009-02-03, 07:24   Link #159
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I can't really say I do. I don't drink coffee or tea. I mostly stick with milk, sports drinks, water and sometimes cola.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 07:30   Link #160
windstar!~
C'est la vie...

Send a message via MSN to windstar!~
I couldn't live without tea. It's pretty much essential for my way of living.