AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-24, 05:58   Link #81
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Also, Kisame said that he wouldnt be able to fight Jiraiya, but Itachi might. He said that they're on a different level then him.

But I agree, would be really awesome if it turned out he was stronger.. ^^

The one man fanclub!
Dosu did never really die.....
He just took a time out.
Click for my 18 paged Dosu Gaiden manga chapter!
[Fixed link again, again, and again!.. If it's down, please PM me!]
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 06:26   Link #82
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
Also, Kisame said that he wouldnt be able to fight Jiraiya, but Itachi might. He said that they're on a different level then him.
Did he say that? In chapter 144 he just said Jiraiya might be a match for the Leaf's #1 and one of the Mist's seven strongest.

Quote:
But I agree, would be really awesome if it turned out he was stronger..
I think their relationship is similar to Vegeta and Nappa.
I hope Kishimoto will introduce all of the seven swordguys.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 06:37   Link #83
zamme
Wandering Prophet

To quote exactly from my sub, ep 83, 0:08:52
Kisame: "He's an opponent that you may be able to face. But I'm not sure about myself. He's of a different degree."
Itachi: "Yeah. If we fight him, we put both our lives at risk. Where we fight him doesn't matter. Even if there were more of our kind... nothing would make a difference.
Kisame: "Him being one of the Legendary Three... He'll be a hard opponent even for one of Konoha's Uchiha clan and one of the Mist's Seven Angels of Shinobi Katana.
Itachi: "Yeah, however... Everyone has a weakness, no matter how strong they first appear to be."

The one man fanclub!
He just took a time out.
Old 2004-11-24, 07:15   Link #84
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru
I think their relationship is similar to Vegeta and Nappa.
I hope Kishimoto will introduce all of the seven swordguys.
Zabuza was one of them ?
Ero-Senn1n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 07:16   Link #85
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
Zabuza was one of them ?
Yes. Only 5 more to go.

The one man fanclub!
He just took a time out.
Old 2004-11-24, 07:44   Link #86
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Yes. Only 5 more to go.
If all 6 are in Akatsuki than 7th is Itachi and 2 more members from elsewhere. But it would be lame to have them all in Akatsuki, maybe Naruto&Jiraiya will fight some of them who are not in Akatsuki while traveling around, and will extract some info on Akatsuki.
On that picture in the cave only Kisame has a big sword. And if Itachi is standing beside him than that thing coming out his head is not hair, its the end of the big sword of the huge guy standing behind them. Then we have only 2 of them in Akatsuki, surely the 2 strongest. I'm sure Zabuza was weaker then Kisame, Kisame was referring to him as "child" when talking to Kakashi. Or maybe thats not Itachi, he's standing behind, below the hanging guy, then it might be only hair. The 3rd guy from right side of pic might have a big Katana also, so we have at least 1 and at most 3 guys who have the big Katana. I dont think anyone of them can hide it in their body as Orochimaru with his special sword does.
Ero-Senn1n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 08:13   Link #87
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpusmaximus
Well I don't think that they would do something like that, When I come up with the plot of a story I map out the characters and I map out the villians. Alot of fun can be had creating villians and I have the feel that Kishimoto has known what direction he is going to go in since a while back. I wasn't planning on using this as a be all end all its just another piece of information, and I wanted to see if it lined up with the information that we have.

Gathering remote references is a good way to piece together data and I just want to evaluate the possibility that this data is valid. If it isn't then we discard it, if it matches the data we have then we can adjust the model. I think it is wise given that we have 3 confirmed akatsuki, plus two with discerning characteristics who are not one of the three and one very vaguw shot.

Plus it is obvious that the Manga and the anime talk to one another. Thus there is most likely a fact checker with all the info.
The shadowed silhouettes of the bad guys are never contractual until they actually appear in the story, that's basically a rule.
The silhouettes in the filler pic have nothing to do with those in the manga except for Itachi and Kisame given that they were the only two current members known.
Besides Kishimoto the mangaka of Naruto doesn't work on the anime at all, so it's not obvious but simply wrong.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 10:30   Link #88
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
The shadowed silhouettes of the bad guys are never contractual until they actually appear in the story, that's basically a rule.
The silhouettes in the filler pic have nothing to do with those in the manga except for Itachi and Kisame given that they were the only two current members known.
Besides Kishimoto the mangaka of Naruto doesn't work on the anime at all, so it's not obvious but simply wrong.
I mean, how can anyone believe the anime filler and manga silhouettes are the same when the anime filler has guys with a normally shaped head area. One of the akatsuki members in the manga has wings with another member with the height of a dwarf basically and there's of course the flytrap guy. Will someone post up an image comparison so that no one keeps thinking that the anime filler image is actually correct in relation to the manga?
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 13:07   Link #89
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Truly, you must have a pretty wild imagination and a pretty bad sight to even start to think that these silhouettes have anything in common.
Old 2004-11-24, 13:12   Link #90
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Truly, you must have a pretty wild imagination and a pretty bad sight to even start to think that these silhouettes have anything in common.
clothing?
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 13:19   Link #91
raikage
日本語を食べません!

I suppose (2) could be the guy on the left, (8) could be the guy 2nd from the right...

actually (7) and (8) look somewhat similar.
There is definitely no (5) in that anime picture.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 13:24   Link #92
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Wait just a pickle of a minute! The Akatsuki image shown in the earlier episode was a filler? Which leads to the second question: is this glimpse of the Akatasuki shown in the manga from the same chapters that were covered for the anime?

Dash it all! My hope to see Kabuto in the Akatsuki deems.
Old 2004-11-24, 13:37   Link #93
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
I suppose (2) could be the guy on the left, (8) could be the guy 2nd from the right...

actually (7) and (8) look somewhat similar.
There is definitely no (5) in that anime picture.
#2 is way taller than anyone in the filler pic, #8 hasn't the same hair and #7 being the one with the less details and looking kinda normal, I wouldn't say he's somewhat similar but less unsimilar compared to the other.

No #5, no #9, no #6, no #2, no people with the same hair cut than #3 and #8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice
clothing?
lol okey that's something

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Wait just a pickle of a minute! The Akatsuki image shown in the earlier episode was a filler? Which leads to the second question: is this glimpse of the Akatasuki shown in the manga from the same chapters that were covered for the anime?

Yeah it was indeed a filler, I'm surprised you missed this point it was discussed to the death in the episode thread of this time and in some other threads after that.
And no this pic of the manga is from a chapter wayyyyy ahead of the anime.
Old 2004-11-24, 13:48   Link #94
Faktor-IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir

they dont know if its a filler

other than Venus fly trap(3rd to the right), Itachi,Kisame and Oro , its true you cant really distinguish anybody else and perhaps the guy far left with the bandana.
Faktor-IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 13:55   Link #95
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faktor-IV
they dont know if its a filler
Yes we do know, it's not that hard you just have to take a look to the equivalent chapter in the manga where Jiraiya explained all that to Kakashi and oh surprise!
No panel showing any member of the Akatsuki.

Quote:
other than Venus fly trap(3rd to the right),[...] its true you cant really distinguish anybody else and perhaps the guy far left with the bandana.
You must be kidding.
Old 2004-11-24, 14:43   Link #96
Faktor-IV

Quote:
Yes we do know, it's not that hard you just have to take a look to the equivalent chapter in the manga where Jiraiya explained all that to Kakashi and oh surprise!
No panel showing any member of the Akatsuki.
and that means its a filler? maybe .. i dont know what filler means . Unless im there watching kishmoto.

[/QUOTE]You must be kidding.[/QUOTE]

I dont think so...
Faktor-IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 17:11   Link #97
Shrimpusmaximus

I wouldn't ever say that it is gospel but isn't it suspicious that there is even a casual resemblance. I mean we have three that have distinguishing traits that match up and have relative sizes that seem to match. Its not gospel and I think that there was fudging with all the guys with the domed hair styles, but Kishimoto must have been sending over info or this is just too much of a strech.

Maybe they said, we wanna put a picture of the red moon up, so Kishimoto says I only have these so far but I I'm sure you can fudge it....

I am just saying its foolish to dismiss it out of hand
Shrimpusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 17:38   Link #98
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Three people? Right, I can see two (nr. 1 and nr. 4), but if the anime team hadn't picked that up, they'd have to be stupid... Where do you even see the similarities? Like someone else said earlier, the clothing?
Old 2004-11-24, 20:38   Link #99
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Yeah it was indeed a filler, I'm surprised you missed this point.
Thanks!! Its hard to get you surprised. I was away for few weeks during the time when Itachi was introduced in the anime. Must have missed it then. Wonder why the anime team felt to relocate and rearrange this scene although the scene fitted in perfectly in the episode it was shown? I mean if Kishimoto had something solid for future story telling based on the characters' drawn in the manga then he should have objected vehemently with the blatant difference of silhouette portrayed in the anime and for rearranging the sequence of events in a different episode. Its a well known fact Kishimoto keeps close ties with the animated project. My guess is that either the anime team has messed up, or Kishimoto hasn't solidified his idea on how the remaining 5 should appear, so he didn't object on the anime-team's initiative.
Old 2004-11-24, 22:47   Link #100
Shrimpusmaximus

Thanks, this is exactly what I hope I was saying. At that time all the dome headed guys are the ones that they weren't sure of but there were ones that do fit the profile.
Shrimpusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote