AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Soul Eater

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-21, 00:26   Link #481
Zoe
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austin
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
I KNEW IT! THEY ARE STEALING IDEAS FROM Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced Grimoire of The Rift! First I was saying they were stole Eibon's outfit from long ago from FF:CC
Now now now, Eibon and his grimoire is old-school fantasy.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 10:19   Link #482
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Woh. Mosquito just became UBER badass. =0


Damn...just...damn.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 22:45   Link #483
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Oh my god I agree, "Try to last 4 seconds" line made me think that they would atleast last longer then that but holy... that was the definition of ownage.

Lol I got excited.
__________________
Bennyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 14:16   Link #484
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post
Woh. Mosquito just became UBER badass. =0


Damn...just...damn.
MOSQUITO CROSSED THE BISHOUNEN LINE. XD

But yeah...
Spoiler:


Here's a question, though: if Mosquito is able to change into those forms at will, why has he not stayed in his most powerful form? I don't remember if this was mentioned last time he changed form, but does maintaining his more powerful forms require him to use lots of spiritual power or something?
__________________

General of the Trap Army.


Nekomimi Mode!
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 14:41   Link #485
lmd_84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Reading, England
I'm thinking you're right about that, it would make sense. Though some of his earlier forms are simply too large to be practical, the 400 year one is useable.

In the Brew arc I think Mosquito mentioned staying in an earlier form for a certain amount of time, though he could have been referring to how long he could stay in the vortex-thing.

Perhaps Mosquito's various forms are comparable to Techs and Weapons expanding their soul wavelengths to use more powerful attacks. 52 did make a point of showing how Mosquito's soul was expanding. Maybe you're right, Cat Megex, and like soul resonance these forms can only be sustained for a certain amount of time.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 15:04   Link #486
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Arachne's been a bunch of spiders for the past 800 years. The real question is what Mosquito looked like 800 years ago. Not to mention how the heck he turned into a crazy monster thing in 200 years. And then his legs shrunk and he got lots of muscles. And then he shrank again. He's kinda weird if you think about it...
I'm aware of what happened to Arachne. In the world of doujin, the laws of canon don't apply and anything can happen. Aside from that, I'm interested in knowing what Mosquito looked like when Arachne had him become her servant.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 00:47   Link #487
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: in Your Planet
Age: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
ThaT Damn MosQuiTo !!!

He Cut Kidd-Kun's Hand ... Hu ... hu ...
__________________
Katocchi's Art and Graphics Project
Kato always welcome
if everyone want to visit
and give comment ^^

_______________________
Vocaloid Avatars
- Last Update 2009/04/03 -

_______________________
MyAnimeList
My DeviantArt
Katocchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 00:48   Link #488
KousaCross
Break the Glass World
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to KousaCross
He cut Kidd's entire arm off... XD
KousaCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 07:16   Link #489
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Kid: "I beg you. Please cut the other arm off."
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 07:31   Link #490
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: in Your Planet
Age: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
To become simmetry, right ?

Nyahahahahaha----

if Maka Become cRazy,, it will make SouL sicK,,
__________________
Katocchi's Art and Graphics Project
Kato always welcome
if everyone want to visit
and give comment ^^

_______________________
Vocaloid Avatars
- Last Update 2009/04/03 -

_______________________
MyAnimeList
My DeviantArt
Katocchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 16:05   Link #491
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
hm
I read..chapters 14-52 today hoping to see maka's mom but she wasn't shown >_>
Oh well chapter 52 was awesome....Free and Kid made an awesome team ..but they got rapped BIG TIME
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 01:28   Link #492
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
hm
I read..chapters 14-52 today hoping to see maka's mom but she wasn't shown >_>
Oh well chapter 52 was awesome....Free and Kid made an awesome team ..but they got rapped BIG TIME
He still has his form from 800 years ago left, I wouldn't be surprised if he was part of Shinigami's 8 warriors
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 08:43   Link #493
lmd_84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Reading, England
You think Mosquito makes another of Shinigami's old allies turning on him? Any thoughts on why this might be the case? Personally I'd just figured him to be one of Arachne's minions who was around before her escape.

If so that god is clearly having his past indiscretions biting him and his followers in their backsides right now. Whatever Shinigami's backstory is, it is probably epic in the worse possible fashion. Bloodshed, chaos, the works...

I can quite imagine Eibon as one of Shinigami's group, as we know they have history, Mosquito I really hadn't considered.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 12:05   Link #494
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
You think Mosquito makes another of Shinigami's old allies turning on him? Any thoughts on why this might be the case? Personally I'd just figured him to be one of Arachne's minions who was around before her escape.

If so that god is clearly having his past indiscretions biting him and his followers in their backsides right now. Whatever Shinigami's backstory is, it is probably epic in the worse possible fashion. Bloodshed, chaos, the works...

I can quite imagine Eibon as one of Shinigami's group, as we know they have history, Mosquito I really hadn't considered.
Well it could be a thing that he fell in love with Arachne, but because she was a witch Shinigami tried to kill her with Mosquito not agreeing with it and eventually led to him leaving
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 17:57   Link #495
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The only explanation I'd have for that rash of betrayals is that Shinigami betrayed the first by sleeping with their girlfriends or something. Maybe he makes a pair with Spirit...
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 20:59   Link #496
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Or maybe they had a fight over something
Or they just disbanded
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 07:53   Link #497
lmd_84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Reading, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The only explanation I'd have for that rash of betrayals is that Shinigami betrayed the first by sleeping with their girlfriends or something. Maybe he makes a pair with Spirit...
Infidelity? If we're talking treachery, I can't see that as the only possible reason.

They were in a war, people would have died, gotten afraid, Asura seemed to be a suspicious piece of work even before he went 'dark side'...plenty of opportunity for conflicting interests and arguments to come about that didn't involve romance.

Not to mention the old Shinigami doesn't seem to have been one for emotional attachment: you cross him, you die. Plain and simple (Asura, Arachne can vouch for Shinigami's habit of at least trying to kill people who get in his way).

Then again, that very aspect of him would explain how he might have reacted violently to any sleeping around. But I still can't see it was the only reason, even if Shinigami was betrayed by more than just Asura.

King Lycan - Disbanding seems another possibility, particularly if Shinigami was in no position to head his little group of Warriors. Though morbid bint that I am I like the notion that maybe Asura took out a few of his old allies before getting skinned and chained up.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 08:28   Link #498
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
King Lycan - Disbanding seems another possibility, particularly if Shinigami was in no position to head his little group of Warriors. Though morbid bint that I am I like the notion that maybe Asura took out a few of his old allies before getting skinned and chained up.
LMD now that you mention it, if Mosquito was a part of the warriors it could be the case that Mosquito blamed Shinigami for the death of his comrades saying something like why didn't you try to protect them/why didn't you come help etc... it would be really cool to see 400 years Mosquito and Shinigami meeting each other with Mosquito simply answering: 'It's been a long time....sensei...'
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 08:47   Link #499
lmd_84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Reading, England
It would be interesting. And Mosquito doesn't himself seem to have enough power to take on the size and strength of Shibusen (i.e Shinigami and co) on his own, explaining why he hasn't turned up until now.

And to run with that, if Mosquito's proposed defection is based on Shinigami's reaction to Asura (by sorely underestimating him, I fear) then it would make sense for him to side with the Witches (the major antagonists pre-Kishin) to eventually get back at his old commander/teacher.

It's a fun idea, though with so little information about Mosquito, he might just be the annoying, blood-sucking baddie he appears to be. And we're over-thinking it all . Though fandom theorising is entertaining.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 08:57   Link #500
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
It would be interesting. And Mosquito doesn't himself seem to have enough power to take on the size and strength of Shibusen (i.e Shinigami and co) on his own, explaining why he hasn't turned up until now.

And to run with that, if Mosquito's proposed defection is based on Shinigami's reaction to Asura (by sorely underestimating him, I fear) then it would make sense for him to side with the Witches (the major antagonists pre-Kishin) to eventually get back at his old commander/teacher.

It's a fun idea, though with so little information about Mosquito, he might just be the annoying, blood-sucking baddie he appears to be. And we're over-thinking it all . Though fandom theorising is entertaining.
Soul Eater is not like Bleach, every villain has a back story, even Medusa's isn't fully explained in fact after re-reading some chapters I noticed that it was 800 years ago that Arachne was defeated so Mosquito may have watched her being destroyed
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.