AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2009-02-05, 23:41   Link #801
JunkKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
Well, they had to have been born in a body, right? They weren't just born as souls, they had to have had an original body at some point if they both have switched bodies before.
Yup! But which is Arachne's original body, right? Well, probably her sexy-lady body is. Since she's Medusa's sister she probably wasn't born as a gigantic spider

I think a lot of people are assuming that Noah has betrayed Arachne and her group and that's why she's not in her usual body (ppl have been saying he killed/attacked her).

But I personally don't think we've seen any evidence to prove that yet.
He told Mosquito that he was acting on Arachne's orders; Noah didn't have a functional reason to lie since he was gonna kill the bug (maybe just an emotional/sadistic one).

We also know Arachne had isolated herself and only Noah had been allowed in to see her (Mosquito grumps about this when he's playing chess with Kiriku).
It was said she was making preparations. I'm guessing she was prepping for whatever form she's in now, maybe she can return to her body when she's done with her plan.
JunkKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 23:43   Link #802
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Maybe...I guess we'll find out in about a week, eh?
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 20:44   Link #803
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
It really sucks were probably not gonna get to see the Mizune/Black Star Fight animated.

What exactly is a Sanzu line? I must have missed when they explained that.
We don't know what it is -exactly- per say, but we have an idea. After Mosquito took off Kid's arm and picked him up off the ground he commented that even though Kid was a Shinigami, he was still just a Kid. He then mentions that Kid's Sanzu lines hadn't connected, referring to the three white stripes in Kid's hair.

In the next few scenes Kid accidentally activated 'BREW' and it boosted his soul wavelength, resulting in one of his hair-'lines' circumnavigating his head, turning it into an unbroken circle. Kid than proceeded to kick ass. But the Sanzu line became unconnected again after the fight.

From what we've seen from the chapter after, it appears that Shinigami was weakened when the Sanzu line connected for Kid, suggesting that his powers as a death god and Kid's are linked in some fashion. We're assuming that Shinigami didn't collapse to the ground due to some emotional toll such as joy because of Death Scythe/Spirit's unhappy reaction to discovering that one of Kid's Sanzu lines connected.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 23:51   Link #804
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

when is the next chapter gonne be release?

Avy made by Shirachi
~Kezia~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 04:11   Link #805
Iron Maw
Eastern Sage

Next week on the 12th.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2009-02-07 at 04:27.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 16:03   Link #806
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
We don't know what it is -exactly- per say, but we have an idea. After Mosquito took off Kid's arm and picked him up off the ground he commented that even though Kid was a Shinigami, he was still just a Kid. He then mentions that Kid's Sanzu lines hadn't connected, referring to the three white stripes in Kid's hair.

In the next few scenes Kid accidentally activated 'BREW' and it boosted his soul wavelength, resulting in one of his hair-'lines' circumnavigating his head, turning it into an unbroken circle. Kid than proceeded to kick ass. But the Sanzu line became unconnected again after the fight.

From what we've seen from the chapter after, it appears that Shinigami was weakened when the Sanzu line connected for Kid, suggesting that his powers as a death god and Kid's are linked in some fashion. We're assuming that Shinigami didn't collapse to the ground due to some emotional toll such as joy because of Death Scythe/Spirit's unhappy reaction to discovering that one of Kid's Sanzu lines connected.
Ok ok I defiantly missed that. I must've been reading too fast lol. thanks.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 18:11   Link #807
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Ok ok I defiantly missed that. I must've been reading too fast lol. thanks.
No worries,
Old 2009-02-07, 19:42   Link #808
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
I think to keep order, there can only be one fully powered Shinigami at a time maybe if all of Kid's sanzu lines are connected Shinigami will either die or be stripped of all his full powered shinigami powers becoming just like Kidd without the connected lines just stronger cos it looked like Shini felt his power slip out of him.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 19:45   Link #809
UnknownSoldier

I personally think that Shinigami foresaw the problem with his being unable to move about freely in the world, and so Kid will be his successor (in some sort of power transfer way, via the Sanzu lines).
UnknownSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 21:00   Link #810
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
I personally think that Shinigami foresaw the problem with his being unable to move about freely in the world, and so Kid will be his successor (in some sort of power transfer way, via the Sanzu lines).
Yeah, I've been thinking along those lines as well, Shinigami anchored his soul to Death City and fathered/created a successor, namely Death the Kid so that there could be a Death God who could still move freely about the world.

Question is whether their Death God abilities are linked while they still have separate soul wavelengths. Seeing as how Shinigami's anchored soul was a vital mechanism in locking away Asura, if their Death God abilities were all that there was to their power than Death taking the vast majority of it would sap away from the wavelength that kept Asura in check.
Old 2009-02-08, 05:20   Link #811
Iloxus

I think it would be too sad to only have Death T. K OR Shinigami-sama! But it kinda makes sense that only one can hold such power...I hope some info about the GRIM TIMES are released, īcause the old Shinigami looks badass! Also, what about his bodyguards (Asura was also one of them)?
Iloxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 16:16   Link #812
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
I don't think that group was his "bodyguards"....more like "disciples", it seemed....
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 11:22   Link #813
Iloxus

Thanks, couldīnt think of the correct word, but he looks badass! I mean Shinigami...with his serious voice...
Iloxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 02:32   Link #814
Iron Maw
Eastern Sage

Now that FMA's out, it shouldn't be too much longer for SE.
Old 2009-02-11, 03:27   Link #815
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
^
ahhhh im getting so antsy now >>;;

Death the Kidd is MOE~!
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 14:28   Link #816
carcanclaw
Kitty?

It's out @ mangahelpers!!

Spoiler for chapter events:
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 16:39   Link #817
Iron Maw
Eastern Sage

Great! I won't be able to check it out until later though...
Old 2009-02-12, 10:11   Link #818
Arachne

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
It's out @ mangahelpers!!

Spoiler for chapter events:
What did Arachne do to Medusa?
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 15:03   Link #819
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ I would assume that she completely paralysed here for the time being (I don't think it is permanent considering it is Medusa here).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 15:49   Link #820
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler for new chapter:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen