AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-05, 13:03   Link #21
Keith
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisely
Kira has more scenes in the recent episodes.....

Just a question, do you understand the fansubs?
All your questions can be answered if you paid close attention to the fansubs
Yes, unicon is stupid f?cking guy.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 22:03   Link #22
gundamfreedomx2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
um i got a question does cagali die in destiny.......just asking cuz i olny saw the frist episode of destiny
gundamfreedomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 22:06   Link #23
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
Watch the rest of the series... Although a healthy bit of advice would be to not expact any character that was first shown in Gundam SEED to perish. >.>

Now, let the 'old' thread die in peace.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 22:10   Link #24
gundamfreedomx2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
So is shinn from orb? and why si he pissed at arthuna nd the princess.
And where do the princess and arthun come from?
lol shinns pissed cuz the orb gov didnt do shiit to prevent his parents death

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2006-03-11 at 22:14. Reason: Duplicate posts.
gundamfreedomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 10:42   Link #25
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
As somebody already stated in this thread, you better watch SEED first to understand the goings on in Destiny a little better...

READ at your own risk, MAJOR spoilers ahead...read after you are halfway through the series, or if you just want to be spoiled by spoilers. You have been warned.

Spoiler:
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 15:31   Link #26
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Yah. Most Gundam series generally try to portray that war is never black and white.
and gsd fails to do that.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 18:51   Link #27
Headspace
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Milwaukee, wis
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keppers
theres a lot of info that can help at www.gundamofficial.com in the CE (Cosmic Era) section.
Even better http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Era I got a lot more info out of this baby than I did in Gundam official. At least for the SEED series
Headspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 10:01   Link #28
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headspace
Even better http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Era I got a lot more info out of this baby than I did in Gundam official. At least for the SEED series
Except you really can't take Wikipedia entries seriously because there are tons of made up info ("Bloody Valentine War"? WTF is that? And "The Second Bloody Valentine War"???).

Good for someone who wants to get a general gist of things. Bad if you're really looking for details.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 19:34   Link #29
Deathsyth
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Hi. well i have been watching gundam sence i was little. and cartoonetwork put on gundam seed i watched some of it......not as good as 08th ms team but it was ok the new 1 that just came out destiny what station does it come on... i have not seen any channels with it on.
Deathsyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 19:58   Link #30
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
@ Deathsyth: GSD just finished airing in Japan last year. I don't know if any other country has aired it yet.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 20:43   Link #31
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
@ Deathsyth: GSD just finished airing in Japan last year. I don't know if any other country has aired it yet.
I believe the English dub is airing in Singapore. Also the first DVD is out for Region 1.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 22:08   Link #32
edkwon
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamfreedomx2
um i got a question does cagali die in destiny.......just asking cuz i olny saw the frist episode of destiny
The answer to that question is revealed in the final ep.

Ed
edkwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 12:39   Link #33
carmolita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
destiny and seed question

sorry for digging up an old thread but i didn't want to create a new one and had a question that has been nagging me. On disk 9 last episode r1 release of destiny when cagalli is crying by athruns bedside after he had been rescued she asked him, " how did this happen?" and he says " i wanted to protect you and kira..the chairman ..he uses people?" my question is how was he protecting cagalli and kira what did he do? all he did was fight for zaft...

My second question is from seed - during the last battle after mu/mwu was killed by the dominun..while cagalli, kira and athrun were flying toward yakime due and kira says ." what? somethings not right ...athrun protect cagalli" and then he fly's back toward the archangel where he eventually encounters rau la cruse. my question is : What did kira see that was wrong? /what made him think something was wrong? i paused the dvd to see but i just didn't get it
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 14:01   Link #34
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita
sorry for digging up an old thread but i didn't want to create a new one and had a question that has been nagging me. On disk 9 last episode r1 release of destiny when cagalli is crying by athruns bedside after he had been rescued she asked him, " how did this happen?" and he says " i wanted to protect you and kira..the chairman ..he uses people?" my question is how was he protecting cagalli and kira what did he do? all he did was fight for zaft...
Exactly...It's basically more dumb content form the show (You know how a million times during the show a character starts a sentence and never really finishes the thought so you don't truly understand the meaning)...Basically Athrun is saying he went to Zaft to protect everybody--as in he thought making that decision would help protect Orb (inwhich Kira and Cagali inhabit)...He didn't want to sit in a rocking chair near the beach and do nothing...He also felt somewhat responsible for the Junius 7 drop because it was supporters of his fathers' ideals who he engaged with during that crisis...But GSD writers yet again made Athrun the douche for doing what IMO was the right thing (like you said, "all he did was fight for Zaft")...

Quote:
My second question is from seed - during the last battle after mu/mwu was killed by the dominun..while cagalli, kira and athrun were flying toward yakime due and kira says ." what? somethings not right ...athrun protect cagalli" and then he fly's back toward the archangel where he eventually encounters rau la cruse. my question is : What did kira see that was wrong? /what made him think something was wrong? i paused the dvd to see but i just didn't get it
You see this question is morso answered in GSD than it is in GS...But the reason Kira felt something was wrong is because he's a psuedo-Newtype like Rau and can feel his presence and//or emotions (Remember how Rau's NT flash went off when Kira fired on him during the moment you speak of? -That means he can sense Kira too)...If you are to accept the events of GS and GSD that Rau, Rey, Mwu, and Kira are all connected by Dr. Hibiki's ultimate coordinator project then it's logical to think that they can all sense each other because they all share Al Da Flaga's DNA (Psuedo-Newtype DNA)...So basically Kira felt Rau's murderous intent and honestly he doesn't even know why or how (It's just a natural inclination of his developing powers)...At some-point in GSD when he is shown to be a psuedo-newtype then it all really clicks as to why (because he senses Rau again as Rey in the final sham of a fight)....
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 14:23   Link #35
carmolita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Exactly...It's basically more dumb content form the show (You know how a million times during the show a character starts a sentence and never really finishes the thought so you don't truly understand the meaning)...Basically Athrun is saying he went to Zaft to protect everybody--as in he thought making that decision would help protect Orb (inwhich Kira and Cagali inhabit)...He didn't want to sit in a rocking chair near the beach and do nothing...He also felt somewhat responsible for the Junius 7 drop because it was supporters of his fathers' ideals who he engaged with during that crisis...But GSD writers yet again made Athrun the douche for doing what IMO was the right thing (like you said, "all he did was fight for Zaft")...



....


how is he protecting everyone by fighting for zaft? isn't he hurting everyone by doing that or was he going there to be a snitch or something? And if he was trying to protect everyone does that mean that everything he said to kira and cagalli on the beach about not coming back to ord was a lie?? or was that how he truly felt? and also why was he considerd a traitor ?? the only thing i can gather is because he cared about kira and the arhangel ...and that was dulandial reason for wanting him killed?
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 14:48   Link #36
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
LMAO...I thought you would find the Kira-Rau explanation much more enthralling than the other one xD...

Ahhhh....Athrun was trying to help the situation and he thought the chairman would work together with Orb and Cagali at some point but he had no idea how out of control it would get and that Cagali wouldn't be able to stop Orb from joining the EA...

Quote:
And if he was trying to protect everyone does that mean that everything he said to kira and cagalli on the beach about not coming back to ord was a lie??
You gotta understand something...Athrun is an indecisive marshmallow of a man...He'll agree with the last person to talk to him if the speech is good enuff...When he told Kira and Cagali about not coming back to Orb he was pi$$ed off Cagali tried to marry Jona and that Kira's interference got Heine killed (Not to mention the EA alliance)...When he says he was trying to protect everyone he only means he wanted to get off his a$$ and do something to help the chaotic situation and he thought joining Zaft could do this...It's not as deep as the answers you are searching for...

As for him being a traitor that all depends on where you stand...Technically he betrays Zaft as an officer so he is a traitor in the military sense, but Dully and Rey were gonna set him up so he had no choice but to run...If you are the type of person that defends all the actions of Team Clyne than he's obviously not a traitor because he's fighting for the "good-side" of the show...

Dullindal didn't want Athrun dead until he tried to escape, he just wanted Athrun detained and court-martialed to stop him from defecting back to Kira's side which he could sense by his demeanor and disinterest in wanting to pilot Legend...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 15:07   Link #37
carmolita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
So did athrun want to believe that dullindal was a good man and that is why he kept defending his actions? or did he truly believe what he said and finally got a clue about the type of man he was when he (dullindal) was talking bad about kira?? I heard that Rey is dullindal and talia son is that really true?? Afterall, he is a clone so how can they possibly claim someone elses DNA...Why is it that athrun is always worried about kira when he is suppose to be in love w/cagalli? Is it that their bond is a lot more solid than his relationship with anyone else?? Because when the arhangel sunk he only said kira and when he punched shin it was all about kira no one else..
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 15:16   Link #38
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
So did athrun want to believe that dullindal was a good man and that is why he kept defending his actions?..
Yes...

Quote:
or did he truly believe what he said and finally got a clue about the type of man he was when he (dullindal) was talking bad about kira??
Yes, but it wasn't just talking bad about Kira it was the mission to destroy the AA without consulting him when he said he wanted Athrun's input...

Quote:
I heard that Rey is dullindal and talia son is that really true??
Hell no...Maybe symbolically but that's it...Personally I think Rey was the biggest traitor in this story...I hate him for killing the only man that ever gave a damn about him based on a 1 minute speech from the Killer Tomato...


Quote:
Why is it that athrun is always worried about kira when he is suppose to be in love w/cagalli?
Because GSD was made for 13 year old Japanese girls who love Kira x Athrun fanservice...


Quote:
Is it that their bond is a lot more solid than his relationship with anyone else?? Because when the arhangel sunk he only said kira and when he punched shin it was all about kira no one else
See previous answer...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 15:36   Link #39
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita
how is he protecting everyone by fighting for zaft?
He couldn't. Athrun's jaunt to PLANT was supposed to be purely a fact-finding mission; to see what could be done to avert a war. As soon as a shooting war broke out, his reason for being there evaporated.

The point of Athrun's character in Destiny is that he was seduced by Durandal into doing things that ran counter to his interests. He simply lacked the insight to know how to accomplish his goals. He should have also realized that there was a distinct possibility that Orb would end up fighting PLANT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita
And if he was trying to protect everyone does that mean that everything he said to kira and cagalli on the beach about not coming back to ord was a lie?? or was that how he truly felt?
I wouldn't say that Athrun lied about anything. He was quite sincere in his beliefs. The difference between his and their positions was that he uncritically believed that Durandal was telling him the unvarnished truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita
and also why was he considerd a traitor ?? the only thing i can gather is because he cared about kira and the arhangel ...and that was dulandial reason for wanting him killed?
I don't think that Athrun can be considered a traitor to PLANT given that Durandal turned on him first (traitor to Orb is a more interesting proposition). Durandal didn't necessarily want to kill Athrun, but he concluded that Athrun was no longer useful for his purposes.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 17:16   Link #40
carmolita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Who is talia son? In the episode fate she tells Gilbert that she has to break up with him because she wants to have a child. Is it ever reveald who the child is??
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.