AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-14, 02:52   Link #1
Vanilla

a good realistic anime?

i dunno, im just sick of naruto and stuff like it, watched kimi ga nozomo eien a whilea go and, damn, can anyone recmmend a serious anime along that lines? or even something like DNA angel with a cutesy kinda outlook but serious parts

oh yeah, preferably centered on a male, the female centered ones give me a headache
Old 2004-11-14, 03:10   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

One good realistic anime is Beck which is an anime about a band. It is a mostly character driven show and the characters are quite interesting. Only a few episodes have been subbed so far (it just started this season) so I can't say much about where it is going, but it has my interest.

Another is Maria-sama ga Miteru and its sequel Maria-sama ga Miteru - Spring which is about a group of girls growing up together in an all girl's school. This one is about the complicated relationships between the girls. And sometimes they can get quite complicated. There are only a few male characters and it is full of Shoujou-Ai innuendo, so if you don't like that then it isn't for you.

And of course I would be remiss if I did not mention Monster which is about... a murderer and a doctor who is suspected of being the murderer. This show is about the monsters inside of people and what happens when they get out. It is a rather intense drama.

Finally I am going to throw in Tenshi na Konamaiki despite the fact that some people might argue if it is a realistic anime. It definitely takes place in our world, but just one detail is a little odd. This world has a demon that has granted a rather unusual wish. This is a funny romantic comedy which will make you laugh and cry.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-11-14, 03:22   Link #3
Vanilla

beck and maria dont really intrest me, ill definitely check out monster, is it over yet? and ill watch the first few eps of tenshi to see if its something i can get into
thx
Old 2004-11-14, 03:47   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

With a projected series length of 74 episodes, Monster isn't even halfway done. I hope you like Tenshi na Konamaiki (which means A Cheeky Angel) since I like it very much.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-12-16, 07:14   Link #5
Qlash

Send a message via ICQ to Qlash Send a message via MSN to Qlash
Hey I was just gonna post a new thread about almost the same question, I'm also interested in finding more anime that's alot like KGNE and BECK. What I like about them is that they are 100% realistic, even in their animations. For example I also like Prince of Tennis, it's centered around sports but it's also a realistic anime. (If you ignores the facts that their techniques have cool animations )

So well yeah what I'm asking is does anyone have a suggestion for a realistic, serious, drama, romance, school kinda anime lol Doesn't have to have all of those genres in it. I like animes about everyday life that makes you feel good in different ways. Thank you!
Old 2004-12-16, 07:24   Link #6
Budweineken
Crap

For realistic anime I would go with Beck, PlanetES, Monster, Genshiken....

I would also reccomend just because of they are good interesting anime Tsukuyomi and Fantastic Children.... I think you'll enjoy Fantastic Children, it might seem unrealistic but you believe it, and the plot is simply awesome
Closed Thread