AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-11-15, 08:24   Link #1
HatakeMizaki

Xvid..?

umm...i'm completely nub to watching anime on the com and when i downloaded sch. rumble ep.1 and tried to watch it on wmp there was only audio...and when i clicked on error details it said i was missing the Xvid codec. thing is, i dunno where to get it so can any1 help...
HatakeMizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 08:42   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatakeMizaki
umm...i'm completely nub to watching anime on the com and when i downloaded sch. rumble ep.1 and tried to watch it on wmp there was only audio...and when i clicked on error details it said i was missing the Xvid codec. thing is, i dunno where to get it so can any1 help...
I didn't have any problem with School Rumble (by dash "-" fansubs). If the following doesn't fix it for you then please supply more detail (full filename, codecs (and versions) installed, media player (and version) you've tried, full error message). Or use the sticky (see below) to find an XviD codec.
---
Since this question is asked so many times, this is a standard reply cut and pasted

9 timeout of 10, this is a codec problem. Very easy to fix.

i) Download ffdshow 2004-07-25
ii) Remove all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all.
iii) Install ffdshow.

Just in case it wasn't clear, uninstall all previously installed codecs, they only clash and interfere with each other. You only need ffdshow.

If you don't like the idea of removing all your old codecs, then don't, you may be able to resolve the problem by just updating or installing to the latest ffdshow codec (but the general consensus is to just have the one codec installed, there will be less problems that way).

Look at the stickies in the Playback Help forum to find the latest version of ffdshow (see this thread).

Plus I would recommend downloading and using the latest version of Media Player Classic (2000/XP or 98/Me build)
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 17:44   Link #3
Ledgem
Love Yourself

If you don't want FFDshow (I personally disliked having it), you can just download the pure XviD codec and that should fix it for you: http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml
Old 2004-11-16, 18:05   Link #4
shab

Well, acually I would also recommend installing the "real" codec. Mostly since I have had a lot of weird problems with fddshow for example.
  • Computer restaring when playing certain files.
  • Never acually loading the codec

These are ofcource not caused only by the fddshow but with things toghether with fddshow but I still had them... the url aboven should work.
shab is offline   Reply With Quote