AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-01, 21:00   Link #301
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
from what I heard, the whole "General green moth" and that fake Okita thing are invented in the anime series...
Ah, yes. I've heard that Hotaru didn't exist in the manga (which would make me rather happy, since I'm not exactly her biggest fan).
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 01:28   Link #302
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Neither am I actually, so clumsy and practically of no use for a shinobi... Yes, I too wince everytime okita coughs... but i suppose we have to face the facts... I was actually thinking of not watching PMK anymore because of that.......

Oh well, I suppose it would have made us all feel better hearing that he lived a ripe long age and stuff... but I read somewhere that during those days the average lifespan of an adult was 35 years... especially men... too much war and disease in those days...
so at 25 years of age, i suppose it was a little young to die but it might not have been considered young in those days.....

(ok.... maybe i'm just trying to console myself being the maniac here but hey... anything that prevents me from crying and weeping when i see him coughing blood later)
Old 2004-03-02, 04:38   Link #303
Wolfsbane68

Spoiler:
Wolfsbane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 08:46   Link #304
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbane68
Spoiler:
Heh, I loved that episode. This show is pretty much packed with all kinds of shonen-ai implications....

At the same time, I think PMK does a good job of keeping both camps (BL-fans and non-BL-fans) happy. Yet another reason to like it. ^_~
Old 2004-03-02, 11:52   Link #305
Go-go
Shinsengumi's shinobi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Ah, yes. I've heard that Hotaru didn't exist in the manga (which would make me rather happy, since I'm not exactly her biggest fan).
I know, I was so happy to know that she doesn't exist in the manga... I mean, DAMN, she was annoying. I think the manga doesn't really have many female characters.
Maro and Fake Okita don't appear neither, from what I know. (Thank God. Maro was a pathetic villian), and Hana-chan is also an anime-only character (... wasn't she annoying too? hehe)

As for the artwork... Nanae Kurono draws some beautiful illustrations, but in the early volumes, you could tell she was just starting. The artwork isn't too pretty, it even looks kinda... caothic, maybe? I can't find the right word right now However, I've seen scans of the later PMK volumes and she has improved A LOT. I must say, she's becoming one of my favorite mangakas now...

Spoiler:
Go-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 21:13   Link #306
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Heh, I loved that episode. This show is pretty much packed with all kinds of shonen-ai implications....

At the same time, I think PMK does a good job of keeping both camps (BL-fans and non-BL-fans) happy. Yet another reason to like it. ^_~
What does BL stand for? Anyway, I guess it can two different types of love. Although I haven't seen it yet, it feels more fatherly to me rather than shonen-ai.
Old 2004-03-02, 21:37   Link #307
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

BL stands for boys' love.

Anyway, I think your post proves my point. People can choose to see Toshi and Souji's relationship in different ways, and thus everybody ends up being pleased.
Old 2004-03-02, 23:09   Link #308
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
BL stands for boys' love.

Anyway, I think your post proves my point. People can choose to see Toshi and Souji's relationship in different ways, and thus everybody ends up being pleased.
i think in my case.. its because I'm a girl... I have no choice but to look at it in that way since i've got this supper crush on him.... This may seem scary but I think if i was a guy, i'd still have a super crush on him.... i think in my past life I must've been gay.... ok... blabbering must stop and get back to work
Old 2004-03-03, 01:47   Link #309
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
i think in my case.. its because I'm a girl... I have no choice but to look at it in that way since i've got this supper crush on him.... This may seem scary but I think if i was a guy, i'd still have a super crush on him.... i think in my past life I must've been gay.... ok... blabbering must stop and get back to work
That's okay. If I was a girl, I'd still be totally in love with BoA.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 02:58   Link #310
Wolfsbane68

I'd say whatever Hijikata and Okita has, it goes beyond BL or shonen-ai and straight into "fated soulmates" territory, with a twist of course to make for lots of angst I mean, you meet your other half, look into his eyes and realize the two of you make one perfect demon ;-(
Wolfsbane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 06:29   Link #311
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
What does BL stand for? Anyway, I guess it can two different types of love. Although I haven't seen it yet, it feels more fatherly to me rather than shonen-ai.
BL (boy love) just means "gay"... as GL (girl love) means "lesbian"...

but I don't really see Hijikata and Okita are BL, they are more like good brothers IMO.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 09:34   Link #312
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalavita
And the genius term really sucks in Naruto. The only true genius in the series should be Shikamaru for now since they call talented people geniuses. (And they call Naruto the dead-last even when he beats all the so called geniuses up.)
with you there
UchihaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 09:55   Link #313
dreamless

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-03, 10:01   Link #314
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

Spoiler:

do you have a pmk fanclub sig, or are you guys making one?

Quote:
And the genius term really sucks in Naruto. The only true genius in the series should be Shikamaru for now since they call talented people geniuses. (And they call Naruto the dead-last even when he beats all the so called geniuses up.)
with you there
Old 2004-03-03, 10:29   Link #315
dreamless

Spoiler:

the sig is not made by me, I just snatched it somewhere
Old 2004-03-03, 11:05   Link #316
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

yea I think you are right, though I like the fellow

but, WERE is the sig then? wouldn't it rule just to have one official PMK?

Quote:
with you there
Old 2004-03-03, 19:48   Link #317
Swenson

http://members.fortunecity.com/rac/r...hinsengumi.htm

"Head of sentries/spies: Yamazaki Susumu *char. model for Henya (His job was to keep an eye on the members' conduct, sort of like a disciplinary master, besides being a spy to make sure of the coast before an important operation. Kondou and Hijikata relied and had a lot of faith in him)"

This is from a few years back during Kenshin, so they didn't just see PMK and decided to add Susumu.
Swenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 22:18   Link #318
kamij0

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-03, 22:43   Link #319
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Monkey
That's okay. If I was a girl, I'd still be totally in love with BoA.
I'm sorry but I'm bad at abbreviations..... what is BoA? Anyway, Souji and Hijikata I think are a pair that isn't involved with BL. Its more of dying for your best friend kinda thing than that.

I also feel like its a little bit of a love-hate relationship because I think in a way, he feels that he's a lot like Hijikata that's why he respects him and understands him so well... on the other hand, Souji's probably storing some deep anger in him due to the missing childhood after Hijikata made him take up the sword....
Old 2004-03-03, 23:50   Link #320
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNick
Spoiler:
Well, Tetsu and Tatsu were real brothers who joined the Shinsengumi, and Tetsu was indeed Hijitaka's page. Obviously Nanae Chrono thought that there could be a good story behind those two historical figures since not much is known about them. But because of that they have as much right to be in this show as anyone else.

And Susumu is a real person as well (not sure if they ever mentioned him having a sister though, so Ayumu might or might not be based on a real person). But he wasn't a ninja, there weren't any ninjas back then.