AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-11, 14:17   Link #381
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
....finally was able to download the OST so far it is nice. And of course the Guitar solo is in there, I have played it like 25 times....(thats legal right?)
I've also downloaded the OST, and it's fantastic. No, telling others to PM you for the link isn't technically "legal" (since the mp3s themselves certainly aren't).... but it's not against the forum rules, either. ^_~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icer
I'm really wondering the episode count since I haven't seen a definitive number anywhere yet.
PMK is going to be twenty-four episodes long.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 14:18   Link #382
SketchyMcChips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbane68
SketchyMc, I'd say Tetsu's managed to mature without turning into a demon, "What I really want, is not to kill but stop others from getting killed", remember? Far from a mean feat, especially in that time and place.
Good point...Despite all the killing around him, he hasn't developed the blood-thirsty frenzy that his fellow Shinsengumi seem to have.
SketchyMcChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 14:23   Link #383
kien_keener

question

Hmmm...the scene when (highlight to see spoiler for ep22)
Okita's ribs got crushed....did it really happen?? It looks like Tetsu imagined it. I mean if your ribs got crush would you still be able to talk?? Your diaphram should be broken and have a lot of internal bleedling
kien_keener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 14:38   Link #384
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Reiterating what many people are saying, I've to say that from episode 18 on, the story has been really good and intense. Episode 22 definitely has one of the best fight scenes among the animes that I've seen, and I saw it right after I came back from a Kendo practice.

(Off-topic) btw, does anyone here do Kendo?
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 15:00   Link #385
Enmakenryuu

I dont Practice Kendo in a dojo or anything (Yet) but one of my friends studied under a sensei in japan for 5 years and is a 4th dan and hes teaching me a bit..im gunna be going to a Dojo as soon as i can find one =P
Enmakenryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 15:02   Link #386
Enmakenryuu

ooo stupid signature -_-
Enmakenryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 16:13   Link #387
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien_keener
Hmmm...the scene when (highlight to see spoiler for ep22)
Okita's ribs got crushed....did it really happen?? It looks like Tetsu imagined it. I mean if your ribs got crush would you still be able to talk?? Your diaphram should be broken and have a lot of internal bleedling
Next time use the [spoiler] tags it would be better

Anyways, even with your ribs crushed, if a rib did not puncture a lung, you'd still be alive, and would beable to talk/breath like normal + ALOT of pain.

Think where your diaphram is. Breaking your ribs ouldn't destroy it, but they could puncture a lung.

I wouldn't doubt however that he has alot of internal bleeding, but still pain is all in the mind right? People can still do amazing things when they're in pain.
Old 2004-03-11, 20:10   Link #388
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Yes, let's talk about episode 22's fight scenes. Several hours after watching them, I'm still in awe..... PMK features the best swordfights of any anime television series, although the Kenshin OAVs also deserve praise.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-11, 20:22   Link #389
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
PMK features the best swordfights of any anime television series, although the Kenshin OAVs also deserve praise.
Well, the Kenshin OVA's wouldn't really be a TV anime series since it's an OVA... They generally has a much higher budget...

But anyway GONZO's rendering skills have indeed been demonstrated quite nicely here.

Last edited by brightman; 2004-03-11 at 20:32.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 21:11   Link #390
Laxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Yes, let's talk about episode 22's fight scenes. Several hours after watching them, I'm still in awe..... PMK features the best swordfights of any anime television series, although the Kenshin OAVs also deserve praise.
Spoiler:
Agreed. The main reason why I also share this view is because unlike alot of other mainstream anime the sword fights are more truer to what it would have been like (I'm not saying that they ARE 100% realistic but it's got less flash and more subtance - as it were).
Laxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 21:30   Link #391
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
anyone else here punch their desk when Tetsu started to run away.... i got so mad at that lil shit.... then he turned back and i cheered like a school girl...
Old 2004-03-11, 21:34   Link #392
SketchyMcChips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxe
Agreed. The main reason why I also share this view is because unlike alot of other mainstream anime the sword fights are more truer to what it would have been like (I'm not saying that they ARE 100% realistic but it's got less flash and more subtance - as it were).
Yeah - i noticed that Ep 22's fight scenes verged a little on the fantasy side, in particular I noticed Shinpachi at least does a front flip and that seems to be well against the economy of motion that i've come to expect from Japanese swordplay.

To be fair i haven't seen Rurouni Kenshin yet( ) but i'm sure i will at some point - it's just not cheap to get the series over here in the UK

Last edited by SketchyMcChips; 2004-03-11 at 22:24.
Old 2004-03-11, 22:05   Link #393
frowndog
Poof... time warp

*gasp* sacrilege!!! you haven't seen RK yet??!!!

lol, that's a joke btw. seriously, you should go and watch RK. one of the best animes i've seen
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 22:13   Link #394
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
anyone else here punch their desk when Tetsu started to run away.... i got so mad at that lil shit.... then he turned back and i cheered like a school girl...
I too cheered like a school girl. lol. Yea, I was about to get pretty mad when he turned away but then he turned back and all was good.
Old 2004-03-11, 22:16   Link #395
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Well, the Kenshin OVA's wouldn't really be a TV anime series since it's an OVA... They generally has a much higher budget...

But anyway GONZO's rendering skills have indeed been demonstrated quite nicely here.
....Which is why I didn't directly compare the OAVs to PMK. Thanks for making that clear to other readers, though. ^_~

I agree, the 3-D backgrounds are marvelous. Although I was initially dubious of GONZO's ability to make CG look good in a samurai anime (as opposed to something more futuristic like Last Exile or Vandread), my fears have been laid to rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SketchyMcChips
To be fair i haven't seen Rouroni Kenshin yet(:uhoh but i'm sure i will at some point - it's just not cheap to get the series over here in the UK
Rurouni Kenshin is a decent watch, but I recommend the OAVs if you're looking for something violent, beautifully animated, and inexpensive (at least in comparison to a 95-episode series). Its best action sequences take place during the episode in which Kenshin first duels Saitou.
Old 2004-03-11, 22:22   Link #396
SketchyMcChips

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowndog
*gasp* sacrilege!!! you haven't seen RK yet??!!!

lol, that's a joke btw. seriously, you should go and watch RK. one of the best animes i've seen
Hehe...Well for 22 Volumes @ 18.95 each( according to one XE.com around 1,900 Phillipines Peso's) that's a fair bit of cash...but once I get off my scummy student ass and start working, i'll probably get round to it some day

Last edited by SketchyMcChips; 2004-03-11 at 22:22. Reason: poor spelling
Old 2004-03-12, 03:36   Link #397
Wolfsbane68

SketchyMc, just get the RK DVD with epps 28-31 on it, they don't call it best fight ever for nothing The whole three-parter (or maybe really four-) feels more like an OVA, amazing attention to details, a tight plot, nice twist at the end, and some of the best one-liners (delivered by Saitou of course )
Wolfsbane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 07:44   Link #398
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Yeah finally got the time to see ep22, best damn episode of the series so far.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-12, 08:48   Link #399
SketchyMcChips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbane68
SketchyMc, just get the RK DVD with epps 28-31 on it, they don't call it best fight ever for nothing The whole three-parter (or maybe really four-) feels more like an OVA, amazing attention to details, a tight plot, nice twist at the end, and some of the best one-liners (delivered by Saitou of course )
Thanks for the advice...i'll probably give it a go (when the cashflow improves )
Old 2004-03-12, 09:24   Link #400
Laxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SketchyMcChips
Thanks for the advice...i'll probably give it a go (when the cashflow improves )
Try this link: http://www.dvdpacific.com/search.asp...IMATION&fr=740 for K DVD's at just under 10.

I've ordered the new Kiddy Grade DVD Box + Vol.1 from them on monday and it was redicolously cheap (10.50-odd) compared to other places like Amazon. They're properly legit too since DVD Pacific was recommended by one of the mods in the 'Where to Buy' thread sticky in the Licensed Anime forum. You have to register to get the discount but it's free so that's not really a problem.

Change the currency to GBP and see for yourself.
Laxe is offline   Reply With Quote