AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-11-23, 16:21   Link #1
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
[Manga] Enemies More Troublesome than Orochimaru

Does anyone remember Jiraiya saying in chapter 237 something about their being enemies more troublesome than Orochimaru? Makes me wonder which certain individuals is Jiraiya talking about. There's the chance he was talking about Itachi but then he wouldn't use the plural form of enemy. This also leads to the possibility that there are other members of Akatsuki that have more abilities than that of Orochimaru.

Give any thoughts on this if you will.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 16:50   Link #2
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
It's a vast world, with lots of strong shinobi, even outside Akatsuki.

What Jirayia meant was undoubtly Akatsuki since that is the main enemy next to Orochimaru, besides, Orochimaru and Akatsuki are just about the only enemy's Konoha has, and Akatsuki doesn't target Konoha in particulair.

It's a hard question since we are totally oblivious about what other "enemies" there may be. If Jirayia said so, there must be, and yes they must be in Akatsuki..

as for now it's hard to fill a thread with theories about this.
__________________
hm....
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 17:03   Link #3
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
I would also be quite interesting to know how exactly Jiraiya was able to come upon information involving Akatsuki and Orochimaru. Would be interesting if one of the members of Akatsuki was basically a spy or whatever.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 17:05   Link #4
Mezu
The Guardian
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
I would also be quite interesting to know how exactly Jiraiya was able to come upon information involving Akatsuki and Orochimaru. Would be interesting if one of the members of Akatsuki was basically a spy or whatever.
Cant remember exactly, but i think Jiraiya states that he was following and keeping an eye on Orochimaru, thats how he learned about Akatsuki and Orochimaru's intentions.
__________________
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 17:17   Link #5
Zek
Eyebrows...
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 27
He was no doubt talking about Akatsuki, though I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least one or two other ninjas out there stronger than Oro. I hope Kishimoto doesn't keep pulling out villains stronger than Akatsuki members though. The series would just be way too DBZish if Naruto got stronger than all the current bad guys, and suddenly new uber-powerful ninjas who are more powerful than Oro and Akatsuki and yet have never been mentioned before suddenly appear. Once the main characters are strong enough to take down the current big baddies, the series has gone on long enough IMHO.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 17:31   Link #6
vampiro
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
i think he was talking about akatsuki...

they are more troublesome not becouse there is someone stronger then oro (yes as a group they will certainly be much stronger) But more troublesome becouse he knows oro wont attack anytime soon and akatsuki can come back anytime.

I Thinks thats why they are more troublesome now..
vampiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 17:42   Link #7
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiro
i think he was talking about akatsuki...

they are more troublesome not becouse there is someone stronger then oro (yes as a group they will certainly be much stronger) But more troublesome becouse he knows oro wont attack anytime soon and akatsuki can come back anytime.

I Thinks thats why they are more troublesome now..
Except for the fact that chapter 237 included Jiraiya saying that Akaktsuki won't try to come after Naruto for another 3 years.

Funny how most people said that Akatsuki wouldn't sit around for 3 years leaving Naruto alone yet this chapter pretty much destroyed that theory.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 18:36   Link #8
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Akatsuki.

Theyre more troublesome for Naruto because of their interest in him. Oro's almost a non issue at this point since he's already gotten what he wants.

Like others have said, there'll probably be enemies after the Akatsuki have been dealt with, that will be coming for Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag
I would also be quite interesting to know how exactly Jiraiya was able to come upon information involving Akatsuki and Orochimaru. Would be interesting if one of the members of Akatsuki was basically a spy or whatever.
Or, Jiraiya could have done all the spying himself. That's probably one his better skills as a ninja, since he's been at it since his genin days. Maybe even before he was a genin.
__________________

"He who thinks only about himself destroys himself as well." ~ Kambei
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 19:31   Link #9
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Akatsuki.

Theyre more troublesome for Naruto because of their interest in him. Oro's almost a non issue at this point since he's already gotten what he wants.

Like others have said, there'll probably be enemies after the Akatsuki have been dealt with, that will be coming for Naruto.


Or, Jiraiya could have done all the spying himself. That's probably one his better skills as a ninja, since he's been at it since his genin days. Maybe even before he was a genin.
Orochimaru would be a non-issue if it wasn't for the fact that Orochimaru still wants to destroy Konoha and anyone who gets in his way.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 19:57   Link #10
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Orochimaru would be a non-issue if it wasn't for the fact that Orochimaru still wants to destroy Konoha and anyone who gets in his way.
My post was concerning Naruto's welfare, not that of Konoha. And, as of that moment, Naruto is of no concern to Oro. He's going to be busy training Sasuke, and/or thinking of how he will go about posessing his body when he is able to.
__________________

"He who thinks only about himself destroys himself as well." ~ Kambei
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 20:18   Link #11
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
My post was concerning Naruto's welfare, not that of Konoha. And, as of that moment, Naruto is of no concern to Oro. He's going to be busy training Sasuke, and/or thinking of how he will go about posessing his body when he is able to.
The welfare of Konoha is in connection to Naruto since I don't think Naruto is the type of person who simply sit around while Orochimaru recks havoc.

The given fact is that both Orochimaru and Akatsuki won't be messing with Konoha and/or Naruto for 3 years, for whatever the reason may be for Akatsuki.

It would be really wierd if Jiraiya was contradicting himself saying that Akatsuki won't be coming after Naruto for another 3 years yet still make a comment that Akatsuki would come after him if he went off on his own. Naruto is still leaving the village, along with Jiraiya, but it doesn't change the situation of Akatsuki immediately still being a threat since we have 9 S class criminals who are willing to take a shot at Orochimaru later and thus would go after Naruto even if Jiraiya is there but this is not the case as said by Jiraiya.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 20:28   Link #12
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
The welfare of Konoha is in connection to Naruto since I don't think Naruto is the type of person who simply sit around while Orochimaru recks havoc.
This goes without saying.


Quote:
The given fact is that both Orochimaru and Akatsuki won't be messing with Konoha and/or Naruto for 3 years, for whatever the reason may be for Akatsuki.
That's another reason why he wouldnt be an issue for Naruto to concern himself with at that point.
__________________

"He who thinks only about himself destroys himself as well." ~ Kambei
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 21:06   Link #13
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
My post was concerning Naruto's welfare, not that of Konoha. And, as of that moment, Naruto is of no concern to Oro. He's going to be busy training Sasuke, and/or thinking of how he will go about posessing his body when he is able to.
Oro wants to kill him, remember that from the Sannin battle. If Akatsuki get the powers of Kyuubi they will be in his way, and he does not want that. And it is the same with Akatsuki. In a world with wars if somebody is not your friend he is your enemy. There is a 3way war where Oro might end up fighting against Akatsuki with Konoha, if he realizes that he cannot kill Naruto his only way to survive against Akatsuki is to defend Naruto from them. Cuz if Akatsuki gets Naruto they will surely kill him.

Akatsuki guys were never impressed by Orochimaru's strength, that means they are at least on level with him, some of them like Itachi even stronger. Also there is a 3rd sharingan user mentioned who may be in Akatsuki or may be elsewhere, but they were all afraid of the fact that Oro might get the sharingan ability. So they consider Itachi and the other uchiha more powerful than Orochimaru.

Maybe we will see some really powerful ninja in the Kakashi gaiden. So far all the strongest ninjas were from Konoha, the sand and sound are weak. I hope Kishimoto introduces some high level ninja from hidden Rock village and other villages.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 22:08   Link #14
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
Oro wants to kill him, remember that from the Sannin battle.

If Akatsuki get the powers of Kyuubi they will be in his way, and he does not want that. And it is the same with Akatsuki. In a world with wars if somebody is not your friend he is your enemy. There is a 3way war where Oro might end up fighting against Akatsuki with Konoha, if he realizes that he cannot kill Naruto his only way to survive against Akatsuki is to defend Naruto from them. Cuz if Akatsuki gets Naruto they will surely kill him.

Akatsuki guys were never impressed by Orochimaru's strength, that means they are at least on level with him, some of them like Itachi even stronger. Also there is a 3rd sharingan user mentioned who may be in Akatsuki or may be elsewhere, but they were all afraid of the fact that Oro might get the sharingan ability. So they consider Itachi and the other uchiha more powerful than Orochimaru.

Maybe we will see some really powerful ninja in the Kakashi gaiden. So far all the strongest ninjas were from Konoha, the sand and sound are weak. I hope Kishimoto introduces some high level ninja from hidden Rock village and other villages.
Maybe Oro still wants to kill Naruto, but not now. At this point in time, his concern is or should be, wholly on Sasuke.

After he gets from Sasuke what he needs, he then can deal with other matters that may be a danger to him in the future.
__________________

"He who thinks only about himself destroys himself as well." ~ Kambei
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 23:53   Link #15
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Maybe Oro still wants to kill Naruto, but not now. At this point in time, his concern is or should be, wholly on Sasuke.

After he gets from Sasuke what he needs, he then can deal with other matters that may be a danger to him in the future.
You seem to act as if Orochimaru is the only villain limited with a wait of 3 years.

But whatever, I really wish that Orochimaru would die already. I would be happy to see Akatsuki wipe out Hidden Sound and kill Orochimaru in 3 years to start things off again with current story after the gaiden is over.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 00:07   Link #16
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
You seem to act as if Orochimaru is the only villain limited with a wait of 3 years.

But whatever, I really wish that Orochimaru would die already. I would be happy to see Akatsuki wipe out Hidden Sound and kill Orochimaru in 3 years to start things off again with current story after the gaiden is over.
That's because I responded to the part of Ero-Sennin's post that pertained to Orochimaru. If I wanted, I could have posted my opinions on the Akatsuki, but since I didnt want to, I didnt.
__________________

"He who thinks only about himself destroys himself as well." ~ Kambei
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 03:16   Link #17
fzz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
its possible we get a "the enemy of your enemy is your friend" situation..
so maybe a naruto + orochimaru vs akatsuki (just to take an example)

whats also possible: orochimaru trying to kill naruto and akatsuki goes after oro, helping naruto...

i think we will get into such a situation eventually..
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 09:56   Link #18
vampiro
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
that would be zwesome... to see the 3 sanin's reunite for 1 time to battle the akatsuki!!
vampiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 10:07   Link #19
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Amsterdam
Age: 27
Ero-Sennin, you're wrong in one point. Oro was described as a 'very important member'. That doesn't really mean the Akatsuki weren't impressed with oro. Oro LEFT that organisation, he wasn't KICKED out.
__________________
To write history is as important as to make history. It is an unchanging truth that if the writer does not remain true to the maker, then it takes on a quality that will confuse humanity.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 10:21   Link #20
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagenaruto3
Ero-Sennin, you're wrong in one point. Oro was described as a 'very important member'. That doesn't really mean the Akatsuki weren't impressed with oro. Oro LEFT that organisation, he wasn't KICKED out.
Actually, it's possible that members of Akatsuki weren't like dumbfounded by Orochimaru's level of skill is all. It also probably make sense that the only reason Orochimaru never made a move on any of the members who possibly have an advanced bloodline just because these bloodlines don't exactly offer what Orochimaru is looking for or that doing would lead to his death since going against 8 other S class criminals is not a good idea for any shinobi, even if that person is a sennin. It could be possible that Orochimaru left Akatsuki simply because what he wanted was right in front of him but there was no way for him get it, I'm refering to Itachi of course, so what would be the point in being apart of Akatsuki basically.

I would really like to hear how long Orochimaru was in Akatsuki since the given impression is that he wasn't even a member for at least a decade.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.