AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-23, 17:35   Link #1
Random Guy

Will there ever be another UC Gundam series?

Well? Will there?
Random Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 18:34   Link #2
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

We can only pray they'll animate Crossbone Gundam.....
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 19:24   Link #3
Enron
Banned

There had damn well better be. Im sick of crap like Gundam Wing/Seed/Seed Destiny and the "OMFG WHICH WING BOY IS THE HOTTEESTTT" or "WHICH DESTINY CHARACTER R U MOST LIKE" or "ZOMFG STELLA IS HAWWWTTT!!111!1!one" discussions that these shows tend to prompt.
Enron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 19:32   Link #4
Re-Sound
Trombe Override!

I thought there was going to be a Zeta movie.
Re-Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 19:32   Link #5
SlugZilla
woofles

Yeah there will be, I'm positive. I don't know what's next in store for Sunrise but they are long overdue for a UC series.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 20:16   Link #6
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Do you really need another one? The timeline is bogged down enough as it is.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 20:19   Link #7
Eskay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron
There had damn well better be. Im sick of crap like Gundam Wing/Seed/Seed Destiny and the "OMFG WHICH WING BOY IS THE HOTTEESTTT" or "WHICH DESTINY CHARACTER R U MOST LIKE" or "ZOMFG STELLA IS HAWWWTTT!!111!1!one" discussions that these shows tend to prompt.
Amen to that....Theres only one non-UC series to come out that i've actually enjoyed watching and thats GundamX, which went under appreciated.

LONG LIVE THE GX-DV....
Eskay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 21:06   Link #8
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I like the AU's.

Well, maybe I don't like Wing but it's hilarious in its own twisted way.

I love UC though and I would love to see a new UC series.

The timeline is NOT cramped, there's 60 years to fill in - Char's Counterattack -> F91 and F91 -> Victory. A post-Victory series might also be interesting.

Crossbone would be cool, Hathaway's Flash would also be cool to see animated.

Of course, we know it won't happen.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 21:29   Link #9
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron
the "OMFG WHICH WING BOY IS THE HOTTEESTTT" or "WHICH DESTINY CHARACTER R U MOST LIKE" or "ZOMFG STELLA IS HAWWWTTT!!111!1!one" discussions that these shows tend to prompt.
Actually those kinds of discussions happen with ANY show. UC Gundams are no exception...

Actually, thinking about it, some of the discussions about the UC Gundam series are even MORE disturbing.
Old 2004-11-23, 22:13   Link #10
Esper 28
Akira

Brightman is right. I've heard conversations involving which mech is hotter...Zeta or Hyaku Shiki. If I recall, I think the Hyaku Shiki won that debate. On what grounds, I have no clue but yeah.

But the topic of which girl in the UC is the hottest? All the time. Emma Sheen and Christina Mackenzie all the way.

On the main topic of the thread, though. I doubt we'll see any full length UC series any time soon. Maybe some OVAs here and there. UC has, for the most part, ran its course and it's kinda hard to fit a series in there.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 22:16   Link #11
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
About the only things they can do for UC anymore are Gaidens, Like 08th MS Team
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 22:55   Link #12
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
But the topic of which girl in the UC is the hottest? All the time. Emma Sheen and Christina Mackenzie all the way.
I like the way you think.

And yeah, it's been 11 years since Victory and I don't think a new UC full length series is the top priority for Bandai but an OVA to satisfy the core fans might be in their interest.
Old 2004-11-23, 23:44   Link #13
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
And yeah, it's been 11 years since Victory and I don't think a new UC full length series is the top priority for Bandai but an OVA to satisfy the core fans might be in their interest.
There's already the 6 episode MS IGLOO that's being shown at Bandai Museum. They'll probably be releasing that on video once its run is over.

Other than that... Who knows.
Old 2004-11-24, 00:24   Link #14
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
There's already the 6 episode MS IGLOO that's being shown at Bandai Museum. They'll probably be releasing that on video once its run is over.

Other than that... Who knows.
They never released the Green Divers though. Which is getting a sequel btw.

And I like how AUs are stereotyped by idiot fans who post that kind of crap. I'd rather have SEED over 08th MS Team or Zeta any day. :fingers: Not saying they suck, but all in all there hasn't been a UC series that I've been rabid about, except for MSG which I am just a fan of and not much more. And I'm also not a complete AU freak, since IMO G Gundam sucks, and G-Saviour sucks hardcore (I respect the UC timeline enough to not count G-Saviour as UC ). And as for ZOMG WING, in that situation I would prefer Zeta over it.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 00:54   Link #15
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

I have to say no

The problem is F91 and V never did well, I guess the Japanese aren't interested in a UC Gundam without a Zeon
Besides if there's a new UC Gundam it will probably be centered around the OYW.....again... (talk about being overdone)
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 00:56   Link #16
Esper 28
Akira

Auel: I agree I'd prefer any SEED over 08th MS Team but definitely not Zeta. Don't take this the wrong way, but have you seen Zeta? It's like, the epitome of Gundam, y'know. It's really rare, even among big AU fans, to find someone who's a Gundam fan that doesn't love Zeta. So, you're definitely an oddity, lol.

And yes. G-Saviour does not exist...period.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 07:54   Link #17
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
They never released the Green Divers though. Which is getting a sequel btw.
Well, Green Divers is shown on three screens on IMAX theaters, so it's kinda hard to put that on video. But MS IGLOO is just a regular movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
Auel: I agree I'd prefer any SEED over 08th MS Team but definitely not Zeta. Don't take this the wrong way, but have you seen Zeta? It's like, the epitome of Gundam, y'know. It's really rare, even among big AU fans, to find someone who's a Gundam fan that doesn't love Zeta. So, you're definitely an oddity, lol.
I've seen tons of Gundam fans who don't like Zeta (heck, Tomino himself doesn't like it), so it's not that much of an oddity I'd think. Sure its dark, but there are people who don't like that kind of stuff.
Old 2004-11-24, 08:47   Link #18
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Actually those kinds of discussions happen with ANY show. UC Gundams are no exception...

Actually, thinking about it, some of the discussions about the UC Gundam series are even MORE disturbing.
Yup, UC girls are definitely the HOTTEST, no AU girl can compare to Haman-sama and Katejina-sama and Ple and Ple Two are the cutest Oh and all those bikini assault girls near the end of V are HOT

Another UC series... I think it's highly unlikely... they haven't done any UC series in over 10 years... unless you count Turn A as UC... Also since they are trying to make CE as "the UC of the new century", I guess they'll be focusing on CE for the foreseeable future.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 13:03   Link #19
avmoghe

It would be nice to see an OVA. I'm not the biggest fan of MS Team, 0083, or 0080, but they were decent. I would guess it all depends on how successful Seed Destiny is in Japan.

As far as the Zeta question, I'm another Gundam fan who didn't think much of Zeta. I would rank it even below the OVA's I've mentioned above. I could rant about the general stupidity of many of Zeta's storylines or characters, but that would be off topic here.

Depending on how well Destiny turns out, I'd like to see another CE series. I heard somewhere that Tomino was about to make another UC Gundam series in 2006, though I might be wrong. Can anyone confirm or deny that with certainty?
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 13:24   Link #20
srb
I can see time itself!

I did read an obscure bit that something UC was planned for 2006, but that may just have been speculation.