AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-03-19, 14:53   Link #41
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Actually there is one reason : a vilain showing all his best moves before the moment he's mean to shine the most -which is usually just the moment before he's nonetheless killed- is unheard of in this kind of story.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 16:04   Link #42
threepac3
Life is Relative

Amaterasu - Goddess of the Sun Technique, Is the technique Itashi used to escape Jiriya's Trap. A.K.A that Black Flame he used. Only Mangekyou users are capable of activating this technique.

Spoiler:

BTW Mangekyou, Byakugan, Sharingan etc. are all Doujutsu techniques. Doujutus's are techniques that are bloodline related and occure in the eyes.
Old 2006-03-20, 16:12   Link #43
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by threepac3
Amaterasu - Goddess of the Sun Technique, Is the technique Itashi used to escape Jiriya's Trap. A.K.A that Black Flame he used. Only Mangekyou users are capable of activating this technique.

Spoiler:

BTW Mangekyou, Byakugan, Sharingan etc. are all Doujutsu techniques. Doujutus's are techniques that are bloodline related and occure in the eyes.
True...however many, most and probably all techniques of the Hyuuga are blood related and not specific on the eye. I forgot almost his 64 tenketsu hit...(what was it again? Haku Rokuju...difficult name ) probably only that move requires the Byakugan.

Kaiten doesnt neccesarily needs the Byakugan..just like... well the one we saw in the manga. You know...a clash between Hyuuga and Uchiha is bound to happen...and if both are evenly in power who'd you think would win?
Sasuke vs Neji.. Since i believe Kishimoto didnt let those 2 fight on purpose against eachother...a battle which is reserved
Old 2006-03-22, 07:17   Link #44
mickster

could susanoo be the third dot of the sharingan........i dunno

i mean it allows the sharingan user to predict the moves of the taijutsu user, but rock lee said that sasuke couldn't react to his momvements though sasuke read it

maybe susanoo is the MS.......perfection of seeing through movement

i dunno...
mickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 07:23   Link #45
mickster

oo....i just looked up a thread on susanoo

its based on jap myth and apparently susanoo is the hyuuga so maybe susanoo doesn't belong to the uchiha (sharingan evolved from byukagan..correct me if i'm wrong)

here's the link

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...hlight=susanoo
mickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 09:53   Link #46
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Maby it's something where you can predict a whole fight before it happens instead of just a couple of moves ahead
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 22:37   Link #47
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
sorry for reviving old thread but I can't start a new one i was sitting in my house thinking about naruto(cause i have nothin better to do with my life) and thought it would be a nice twist or a way to make us feel dumb. if ishi decides to call/change the name of the wind sharingran to susano. since it is wind element based, the new series is called naruto the hurricane chronicles.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 08:41   Link #48
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
sorry for reviving old thread but I can't start a new one i was sitting in my house thinking about naruto(cause i have nothin better to do with my life) and thought it would be a nice twist or a way to make us feel dumb. if ishi decides to call/change the name of the wind sharingran to susano. since it is wind element based, the new series is called naruto the hurricane chronicles.
WAT DA HE** ARE U TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!!

THE SHARINGAN IS FIRE

and besides, hurricane chronicles isn't even the proper english name, it would be gale wind chronicles as in the wind pushes harder to push them further ahead in life and to better reach their goals

i also think that susanoo would be the third because i think that the jutsu kakashi used is just a variation of sukiyomi

susanoo should be an ability that allows the user to move faster and stronger then a high level gate (sorry lee)
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 09:46   Link #49
Goshin

oh....

but still naruto's element is wind. and i am just saying that it would be funny if kishi did not give the name susano to any sharingran or MS moves. kishi likes to use famous names or mythological names. but its not always gonna be the way that is the most predictable. for example. before we saw the mibi(3-tails) we prob thought that it would be sharklike(as said in the legend) but in the manga kishi made it a some octopus/squid thing, an he gave he supposed subordinate, semhada to kisime who is sharklike..so the same way kishi might have think that one thing is gonna happen. then something differently happens. even if it is not naruto. the name susano can be given to somethign completely different

Old 2007-12-06, 11:46   Link #50
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
oh....

but still naruto's element is wind. and i am just saying that it would be funny if kishi did not give the name susano to any sharingran or MS moves. kishi likes to use famous names or mythological names. but its not always gonna be the way that is the most predictable. for example. before we saw the mibi(3-tails) we prob thought that it would be sharklike(as said in the legend) but in the manga kishi made it a some octopus/squid thing, an he gave he supposed subordinate, semhada to kisime who is sharklike..so the same way kishi might have think that one thing is gonna happen. then something differently happens. even if it is not naruto. the name susano can be given to somethign completely different
Why would he give the name Susanoo to something not related to MS, when Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu are already related to MS? If you read the lore Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu and Susanoo are the three Shinto gods. To give two of the techniques the names of two of the gods and then just randomly decide to give the third some other name, while using the third god's name for an unrelated technique is...well, retarded.
Old 2007-12-06, 12:23   Link #51
Goshin

but the legend says that tsukuyomi Amatersu were born out whatever his name was's eyes while susano was born from his nose. since susono is different form the other to gods who are related to the MS then he might not be related to the ms. I just did not want to rule out the posibility that it might not be an MS justu that is all.

Old 2007-12-06, 15:04   Link #52
Rahan

What are you calling a Wind sharingan ? Kakashi's ?
Because the 3rd deity is Susanoo, god of Sea and Storms and he has nothing to do with Wind.

Quote:
but the legend says that tsukuyomi Amatersu were born out whatever his name was's eyes while susano was born from his nose. since susono is different form the other to gods who are related to the MS then he might not be related to the ms. I just did not want to rule out the posibility that it might not be an MS justu that is all.
Yes, Susanoo isn't actually born from an eye (Tsukoyomi was born when Izanagi washed his right eye and Amaterasu when Izanagi washed his left eye), so if it appears in the Narutoverse, it probably won't be a doujutsu and not related to the Mangekyou Sharingan. But I sure hope Kishi won't come up with Nose Jutsu !

Sasuke and Naruto are already associated to gods anyways, they have been represented as Fuujin and Raijin (the gods of Lightning and Wind) in a chapter cover at the beginning of the year and I think this is an association that will last.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 12:14   Link #53
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
I thought the Mangekyo as based more around Genjutsu...and it's much more deadlyer.. I mean, by trapping you opponent in a Genjutsu using the Magnekyo is bassically saying "I win." It is almost impossible to escape somthing like that, seeing as how the user could kill you almost instantly, or five you like a months worth or toture in a matter of seconds. See, what gets me thinking, is that Itachi said to gain the Mangekyo Sharingan, you need to kill your best friend. Now, Kakashi has the Mangekyo and it's not like him to kill his best friend. Now, what I started thinking, would the effect really work on someone not of Uchiha blood? I would think the act would only react to someone with Uchiha blood, so this being said, Kakashi couldn't have done anything to obtain the Mangekyo. So, this got me thinking even more, so I decided to do some research. So, Itachi says that you obtain is by killing your best friend. That's when it hit me, what if you do the complete opposite, Save your best friend, so then that got me wondering, Kakashi didn't save his best friend. So then reviwing, he said his only best friend was Obito. So, I decided to go back an read the Kakashi Garden arc again. Not seeing him save Obito, I was a bit confused. Then I realized something. Kakashi and Obito were best friends, they were just too proud to admit it correct? Well, Obit saved Kakashi, when the bolder fell, he pushed him out of the way. Then that's when Obito asked Ren to do the eye transplant. So, what if, by saving Kakashi, Obita had gaind the ability to use the Mangekyo by doing this, so when transfering the eye over to Kakashi, the ability remaind in the eye, giving Kakashi the ability as well. This is very possible if you think about it.
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 16:42   Link #54
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

As much as I don't necessarily believe it worked exactly that way, I've always wondered why Itachi's MS and Kakashi's MS aren't the same.

Itachi:
Kakashi:

At first, I always thought it was something Kishi just did accidentally, like he forgot how he drew the MS the first time, and so took a shot in the dark with it the second time. But Kakashi's MS has always appeared that way, and we've only seen Itachi's MS once. I just always thought it was weird that, even though they both supposedly have the same technique, it's got two different looking manifestations. It makes me think they're actually different versions of the same technique, obtained in different ways, like Siya was saying.

Last edited by Quzor; 2008-02-15 at 01:25.
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 17:37   Link #55
Goshin

imo if you look closely kakshi's sharingran looks like a more complete version. like if itachi's kept spinning and transforming it would be come like this....

Old 2007-12-07, 23:52   Link #56
sakun

Do you really need to kill your best friend i thought you just needed an extremely emotional experience and itachi chose to kill his best friend for it. and it would also explain kakashi's because of the death of obito he had the eye when obito died correct? well when that happened he probally unlocked it without knowing it. or obito had it already
sakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 07:00   Link #57
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
imo if you look closely kakshi's sharingran looks like a more complete version. like if itachi's kept spinning and transforming it would be come like this....
That would suggest that Kakashi (a non-Uchiha) has a more complete form of Sharingan than Itachi (Uchiha), which I find HIGHLY unlikely. I guess it's not impossible, considering Itachi's MS might have evolved since we saw it last, but I doubt very much that Kishi would give a more "complete" version of MS to a non-Uchiha over an Uchiha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakun View Post
Do you really need to kill your best friend i thought you just needed an extremely emotional experience and itachi chose to kill his best friend for it. and it would also explain kakashi's because of the death of obito he had the eye when obito died correct? well when that happened he probally unlocked it without knowing it. or obito had it already
All of this "Obito is the reason Kakashi has MS" business is speculation, but it's probably somewhat accurate. Itachi says (I don't remember where and I'm not going to look for it) that in order to obtain MS, you must kill your closest friend (I'm pretty sure that was the translation). In an attempt to avoid an argument about semantics, I think it's safe to assume that, presuming my translation is correct, "closest" --in this case-- means "best."
Old 2007-12-08, 09:25   Link #58
Goshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
That would suggest that Kakashi (a non-Uchiha) has a more complete form of Sharingan than Itachi (Uchiha), which I find HIGHLY unlikely. I guess it's not impossible, considering Itachi's MS might have evolved since we saw it last, but I doubt very much that Kishi would give a more "complete" version of MS to a non-Uchiha over an Uchiha.
unless... he was trying to hint. that uchiha madar possessed tobi's body and the other sharingran is linked to kakashi's sharingran eye.

imo i think one day, while kakashi was walking(and reading)... he was like "AHHH!... MY EYE" and he wrapped his book away. then he looked in the mirror and he saw MS

Old 2007-12-08, 17:21   Link #59
uchit

ok ive heard that this last technique, susano is related to lightning in the stories. Kishimoto has paid homage to a lot of stories before (a la sennin names and abilities) so why not stick to the story. The last ability is lightning related. sasuke has chdori, so i think that sasuke will somehow get mangekyou and awaken a super lighting fist.... kakashi could get it too.

I checked the episode where tiachi used the black flam, and we never see his mangekyou while he does it, so we don't know that the mangekyou morphs depending on which technique is used. it's quite possible that kakashi has a normal mangekyou but looks different since hes using a different ability.

anyways, the first part is speculation, but i think the second part is true.... we haven't seen tobi's mangekyou either, so it could be different as well. We discuss itachi and sasuke (Perhaps) and kakashi with their mangekyous continually, but we never think of poor tobi!
uchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 10:47   Link #60
ace_TZ
Logical Insanity

Quote:
unless... he was trying to hint. that uchiha madar possessed tobi's body and the other sharingran is linked to kakashi's sharingran eye.

imo i think one day, while kakashi was walking(and reading)... he was like "AHHH!... MY EYE" and he wrapped his book away. then he looked in the mirror and he saw MS
If thats the case maybe if we poke into kakashi's eye it will hurt madara right?... TOBI IS A BAD BOY.
ace_TZ is offline   Reply With Quote