AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-09-14, 21:54   Link #41
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Right click on the page and select "Save Page As..." (or select "Save Page As" from the file menu, or press Ctrl+S). Then, when prompted, enter a path and filename under which you want to save the page. Press "Save"... and you're done. You'll have a file you can load again later.

Alternatively you can select "work offline". Once you've viewed a page it will be cached. Working offline means Firefox uses the local cache rather than the Internet... this has the downside of the fact the pages will expire from the cache eventually, where as you can keep a saved page as long as you like.
save as in what format? "web html only," "web, complete" or "text only?"
Old 2006-09-15, 05:58   Link #42
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Depends what you want... For offline viewing, probably number 2:
  1. web html only = just the text (formatted)
  2. web, complete = as above but with images too
  3. text only = what it says... just the text (no formatting)
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 09:31   Link #43
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
There's an extension called Mozilla Archive Format which lets users save a page in .mht format. On the surface, it works similar to saving as web, complete - it saves texts and graphics. The difference is that where normal complete saving of the page requires a separate folder containing all the graphics, mht file contains all the files within the same file, making it easier to organize multiple files.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 16:55   Link #44
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Depends what you want... For offline viewing, probably number 2:
  1. web html only = just the text (formatted)
  2. web, complete = as above but with images too
  3. text only = what it says... just the text (no formatting)
I tired all of them but it still requires working online, that is, if my internet connection is dead, I can't view this saved webpage as well.
Old 2006-09-15, 22:21   Link #45
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

If you save as text, then you should be able to open and read the file using notepad or something - you don't have to use a web browser anymore. That surely won't require any online access. Whatever the case is, you need to open the file you saved, not going to the website while being in off-line mode.
Old 2006-09-17, 13:13   Link #46
xtrashock
Banned

On the menu tool bar click on view and then uncheck the desired toolbar to get it off.So simple it is!
xtrashock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 14:04   Link #47
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I am using firefox and would like to know how to save a web page in my hd so that I can see it when I don't have internet connection. thank you.
Here are a couple more suggestions on top of what everyone else has posted.

1.) Install the Firefox extension ScrapBook.
Quote:
ScrapBook is a Firefox extension, which helps you to save Web pages and easily manage collections. Key features are lightness, speed, accuracy and multi-language support. Major features are:

* Save Web page
* Save snippet of Web page
* Save Web site
* Organize the collection in the same way as Bookmarks
* Full text search and quick filtering search of the collection
* Editing of the collected Web page
* Text/HTML edit feature resembling Opera's Notes

I use Scrapbook for while doing research for my clients and find it to be quite a valuable tool. Please remember that when you save a single page off an entire site, the links will remain clickable, but you will have to have a 'Net connection to follow the links. To save an entire site so that it's all available off-line is another issue.

Scrapbook does offer abilities to save Link Depths. Meaning, that it will follow the links on any page to a certain depth (like a spider would).

2.) I had a second option for you, but it's probably too much for what you're trying to do and will probably just confuse the issue. It’s an aggressive tool that downloads entire web-sites. Something you probably don’t really need. I would install Scrapbook and see if that does what you want.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-09-17 at 14:29.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 19:58   Link #48
Ryosuke
has became a producer

A problem with Firefox

I got this weird problem with my Firefox... I can't seem to save images any longer...

I don't know how this happened but the image won't save no matter how many times I tried. I tried downloading other file format and its downloads it. However, I noticed that the download manager doesn't open up anymore. I made sure the option for the download manager is selected too. Well, I tried updating the Firefox also. But I didn't try uninstalling it cause I am afraid I will lose my bookmarks and extensions.

I would appreciate any suggestions for a solution since this is the worst curse happened upon an image collector and I don't want to use IE

Thanks for answers in advance m(_ _)m

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-12-15 at 01:07. Reason: Threads merged.
Ryosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 03:10   Link #49
Charcol
immersed in music

Send a message via MSN to Charcol Send a message via Yahoo to Charcol
Are the images being blocked by anything, like an extension? Also check Tools > Options > Content, perhaps one of the settings there is causing it.
What happened between the time that you could save images and you can't? Also, can u open the download manager at all? Go to Tools > Downloads or Ctrl+J
If you can download other formats of images, perhaps it's a flash. Then you'll need an extension to get it.
Charcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 20:59   Link #50
monster

Can someone help me? I can't view Kairin on any of the Animesuki mirror sites with Firefox 2.0. I can view the image on the main website, but only IE7 and Opera 9.10 seem to work for the mirrors.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 22:16   Link #51
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
I can't view Kairin on any of the Animesuki mirror sites with Firefox 2.0.
Odd, I can see her just fine on animesuki.sandwich.net using Firefox 2.0 with no problems. Curious, are you running any extensions in your Firefox profile? I'm running extensions to the gills and I'm not having any trouble.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 22:24   Link #52
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
Curious, are you running any extensions in your Firefox profile? I'm running extensions to the gills and I'm not having any trouble.
Just DOM Inspector 1.8.1 and Talkback 2.0

Also, when I go to the mirror choosing site, the status column doesn't show those green/yellow/red icons.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 09:40   Link #53
guess

My firefox has a strange problem. The "Go" drop down menu on the top doesn't work anymore. There are "File," "Edit," "VIew," "Go," "bookmark," "Tools," and "Help." Every time I click on "Go," Firefox freezes, I have to force shut down the program. This only happens to "Go" menu and nothing else. It just happened one day.

I am using Firefox 1.5.0.2 on windows. I tried 2.0. I don't like it and that "Go" menu still doesn't work in 2.0, either. Thanks.

P.S. I tried to switch to opera, but I still can't figure out how make it sort out bookmark by date, not by name. How annoying. Guess I will stick with Firefox.
Old 2007-01-28, 02:40   Link #54
LSD-25
Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
My firefox has a strange problem. The "Go" drop down menu on the top doesn't work anymore. There are "File," "Edit," "VIew," "Go," "bookmark," "Tools," and "Help." Every time I click on "Go," Firefox freezes, I have to force shut down the program. This only happens to "Go" menu and nothing else. It just happened one day.

I am using Firefox 1.5.0.2 on windows. I tried 2.0. I don't like it and that "Go" menu still doesn't work in 2.0, either. Thanks.

P.S. I tried to switch to opera, but I still can't figure out how make it sort out bookmark by date, not by name. How annoying. Guess I will stick with Firefox.
Open firefox and press ctrl + H, does it freeze?

If not clear your history (that's what ctrl+H should bring up) and see if you can load the go menu without it freezing.
LSD-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 11:01   Link #55
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSD-25 View Post
Open firefox and press ctrl + H, does it freeze?

If not clear your history (that's what ctrl+H should bring up) and see if you can load the go menu without it freezing.
You are right. All I need to do is just clear the history. It works now. But why is that it is still sorted by name, even after I choose to sort it by date? I am referring to "History" of firefox.
Old 2007-01-28, 16:08   Link #56
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
FYI, you can sort it by two kinds of dates: date visited and the date you created the bookmark. Is that the sort of dating you were referring to? Here is a screenshot to show you were the find the option:

Note that this is from the pull-out menu that you'd access from the very slim bar on the left. On new installs I think that it is, by default, out and available. I usually browse with it minimized. If you've been accessing bookmarks by the pulldown menu, I advise you try this system instead; it's much faster, particularly because of the instant search function. You could also use the bookmark manager, but I don't have any experience with that as I don't have a use for it.
Old 2007-01-30, 18:54   Link #57
guess

Yeah, I found it. Thanks. I think the lesson I learned is that it is always a good thing to learn more than one skill. Really come in handy sometimes.
Old 2007-02-06, 00:57   Link #58
Ardea

I embedded a MIDI file into a web page for one of my classes. I can't get it to work in Firefox without it telling me to install Quicktime (which I already have).

Is there some kind of plug-in or option in Firefox to allow MIDI and other embedded audio files to play? It works in IE, but I want to make it work in Firefox too
Ardea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 02:16   Link #59
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Quick time does play it.

My guess is that you had QuickTime installed before Firefox, so the QuickTime plugin component was not registered in Firefox. If you reinstall QuickTime, it should work.
Old 2007-02-06, 02:47   Link #60
Ardea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
Quick time does play it.

My guess is that you had QuickTime installed before Firefox, so the QuickTime plugin component was not registered in Firefox. If you reinstall QuickTime, it should work.
Ah, it works now. Thanks very much! ^^
Ardea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browsers, firefox