AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-11-12, 22:27   Link #81
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
@guest: Ehm, I'm sure there's a true or false option under Preferences which says "Open New Windows in Tabs". I can't tell because I'm on another browser right now and I'm too lazy to open Firefox.

EDIT: damn, beaten >_<

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 17:22   Link #82
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

If you've gotten use to using Ctrl.T for opening new tabs, you'll have to get used to Ctrl.N
I too have started to think for a while now that grouped windows in the task bar may be more friendly, and tabs should only open for links of the same domain.
Old 2007-11-13, 19:25   Link #83
guess

Thanks. Now I just need to work on the add-ons that are not compatible with Firefox 2.0.
Old 2007-11-14, 08:27   Link #84
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I routinely customize my task bar to add the "new tab" and "print" icons to it. It just makes life easier when your're using the mouse instead of needing to return to the keyboard to type a shortcut. Right-click in the task bar area and choose Customize.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 22:25   Link #85
guess

I just download Firefox 3 and there is one ting I really don't like, it combines bookmark with the search. I mean, in the past, when I start typing, "ani.....", anime pops out in alphabet order according to website address. Now it pops up with some website I don't know (I think it is from google) and from my bookmark (now my favorite). How can I disable this very annoying feature?
Old 2008-12-17, 22:51   Link #86
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
You can use this add-on to disable the awesomebar: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6227
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 00:13   Link #87
Shadow Kira01

Is there a way to disable "open new window"? Whenever I click on a link in myanimelist, it opens a new window instead of another tab. It gets annoying, because new windows consume virtual memory, whereas new tabs don't and ensures smooth browsing. I figured a way around it, which is to right-click and select "open in new tab". It would be more convenient if its a single left-click though.
Old 2008-12-18, 00:17   Link #88
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Edit > Preferences > Tabs

Select the "new tab" radio button at the top of the dialog box.
Old 2008-12-18, 03:47   Link #89
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Edit > Preferences > Tabs

Select the "new tab" radio button at the top of the dialog box.
I did, but it still opens a new window when browsing myanimelist. However, it works fine on other sites. Maybe, its just the layout and interface of the site alone.
Old 2008-12-18, 05:36   Link #90
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Somethings weird going on in my firefox. Even though i always set it to remember me so i won't bother to log on again at a website, It's log's off automatically when i come back later to that site!

Someone help me!?
Old 2008-12-18, 06:39   Link #91
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Somethings weird going on in my firefox. Even though i always set it to remember me so i won't bother to log on again at a website, It's log's off automatically when i come back later to that site!

Someone help me!?
Did you click on the log out button before leaving the site? (don't click log out)
Did you modify the signature settings and save changes without restarting the browser? (restart browser)
Did you enable cookies in the preferences? (enable it)

Simply put it, I had the same issues but I managed to fix it according to the necessary procedures. However, I am not sure if that applies to your Firefox or not..
Old 2008-12-18, 09:30   Link #92
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
I did, but it still opens a new window when browsing myanimelist. However, it works fine on other sites. Maybe, its just the layout and interface of the site alone.
Hmm. I went there and clicked on lots of things, and none of them generated a separate window. Perhaps there's a specific link that opens a window? I also don't know how FF handles a window opened with the Javascript window.open() method versus one that's opened by using "target=yadda" in the <a> tag. Perhaps the one that you can't control uses Javascript?
Old 2008-12-19, 01:02   Link #93
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Did you click on the log out button before leaving the site? (don't click log out)
Did you modify the signature settings and save changes without restarting the browser? (restart browser)
Did you enable cookies in the preferences? (enable it)

Simply put it, I had the same issues but I managed to fix it according to the necessary procedures. However, I am not sure if that applies to your Firefox or not..
But that's the thing, i did nothing. Even after i reinstalled it, it's still the same!
Old 2008-12-19, 01:09   Link #94
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Reinstalling Firefox won't change any of the settings. They're all saved separately from the program itself in your "home directory." In Windows that's something like C:\Documents and Settings\username; in *nix it's /home/username.

Sounds to me like you have cookies disabled; that's the usual reason why sites like AS can't save usernames and passwords. Check the settings carefully. You may have chosen at one point not to allow cookies from AS, or you might have chosen not to save your login information from AS. You need to examine the preferences for Privacy and Security, and check the Exceptions in each case.
Old 2008-12-19, 03:58   Link #95
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
But that's the thing, i did nothing. Even after i reinstalled it, it's still the same!
I realized a 4th possibility on my own experience today. It seems that if you click on "remember me" after logging in, but you disconnect your internet connection and re-connect it, when you refresh your page, it indicates your status as not logged-in meaning you have to log-in again. If this isn't the case for you, I think there is only one possibility which I agree with Seiji Sensei, you have cookies disabled. Enable it and it should work fine. Here is the guide!

http://mozilla.gunnars.net/firefox_h..._tutorial.html
Old 2008-12-20, 10:20   Link #96
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Nope, my cookies are enabled and it's still the same!!!: (
Old 2008-12-22, 14:46   Link #97
guess

Does anyone know how to disable the Firefox 3 automatic scanning for virus whenever you finish downloading something?
Old 2008-12-22, 14:55   Link #98
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
In FireFox 3.1 beta, if you wheel click the last tab, FireFox closes. Is there a way to prevent this so it goes to a blank tab instead of closing FireFox (like in 3.0.x)?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 08:23   Link #99
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Does anyone know how to disable the Firefox 3 automatic scanning for virus whenever you finish downloading something?
That's a function of your virus scanning program, not Firefox. Take at look at its options for disabling various real-time scanning.
Old 2008-12-23, 10:16   Link #100
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Go to about:config. Look for a value called "browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone." Change the value to false.
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browsers, firefox