AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2005-12-31, 10:45   Link #41
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Which sucks for anyone who happens to be in the UK, casue we'll get MVM's shitty versions which are just represses of Madman Ent's versions.

MVM are the worst Anime company ever, at least 4kids does something that contributes "work".
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 21:54   Link #42
hikaru_masha
I want chocolate!

Tsubasa Chronicle - symbols?

Hiya! I'm making something and i would like to know what are some symbols in tsubasa chronicle (besides the feather)

thanks

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-11 at 01:28. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hikaru_masha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 21:50   Link #43
hikaru_masha
I want chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516
The entire first season was completely fansubbed.

Season two that starts 6 months after season one ended (april) WON'T be fansubbed because ToykoPop probally has the rights to it.
Six months after that, the 3rd season should start, last I heard. However some people say there won;t be a 3rd season.
wait....didn't tokyo pop have the rights to it when the first seson came out? If so, the first seson was fansubbed even though they did. I always thought you had to licence an anime separate from the mangas and each season is also licenced sepeately. I hope they allow fansubs....I NEED THIS SEASON!!!!!!! I'm on a cliffhanger here.
Old 2006-01-12, 01:30   Link #44
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You do have to license manga and anime separately. The licensing of a manga is merely an indication of intent.

As for licensing each season separately, honestly that varies on a case-by-case basis, but as a rule of thumb, unless the seasons are made as sequels separated by time, then all seasons are licensed at the same time. At least, here at AnimeSuki, we are counting all seasons of Tsubasa Chronicles to be licensed unless Funimation will claim not to have anything after season 1. It is hightly unlikely that they didn't license seasons 2 and 3, so don't expect that.

In short: You won't see fansubs of Tsubasa Chronicles season 2 on AnimeSuki.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 18:20   Link #45
Sakuya
*Artist

So it seems the Tsubasa Chronicle movie as well as that xxxholic movie is licensed as well by Funimation. I was so looking forward to the xxxholic movie. I hope they don't license the xxxholic TV series, too.

As for season 2 of Tsubasa, I think I'm not going to watch it. No offense to the fans but I watched it for 26 episodes and there's not really a solid plot except for gathering feathers and seeing Sakura and Shaoran's relationship develop. I don't think I can take more of that for another 26 episodes. Also, the character designs were a bit lacking for me. I'll watch the movie, the designs look a bit better there. And since it's a movie, there's a small compact plot besides the feather-gathering.

Does anyone know when the R2 DVD comes out for the movie?

Edit:
The DVD release for both xxxholic and Tsubasa movies are February 25.

Check out !

Last edited by Sakuya; 2006-01-17 at 03:11.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 08:36   Link #46
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
For any doubters ->

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8193

That puts the license beyond all doubt XD

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 21:39   Link #47
hikaru_masha
I want chocolate!

will the tsubasa and xxxholic movies be released together? will they have english subtitle and be released in canada? the movie takes place after season 1, right?
Old 2006-01-29, 22:56   Link #48
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Geez when i saw the ending for tsubasa chronicles it felt like a very normal episode,
it had the opening theme, and the ending theme intact. Its been a while since i saw am ending like that, ussually you would see endings with just the show still going on with credits going on also.

The show quite good, i enjoyed it alot. The last episode was absolutely not a last episode, it was just an episode 26, and i would take the second seasons first episode as an episode 27, except that it took months to come out.
Old 2006-02-14, 19:54   Link #49
Kaiko

Tsubasa Chronicles...sequel?

Well, whoevers seem Tsubasa chronicles knows that a sequel is in order. But its been a while, so I'm wondering if the sequel will ever come? Anyone have any input on this?
Kaiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 19:59   Link #50
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Do some research. It's going to be 3 full seasons, 26 episodes per season. Season 2 will air this spring IIRC.

edit: Hah, of course all the nice posts we had on this before were wiped out by that idiot cracker last year.
Old 2006-02-14, 23:36   Link #51
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

As the above poster has said it, the next season airing on April, and there is also a movie on the show and i suppose it is a sequel.
Old 2006-02-15, 01:11   Link #52
Sakuya
*Artist

The first season and the movie was licensed by Funimation I believe. Does anyone know if season 2 is licensed too?

Check out !
Old 2006-02-15, 01:58   Link #53
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
The first season and the movie was licensed by Funimation I believe. Does anyone know if season 2 is licensed too?
It's best to think of Tsubasa as a single show that's taking breaks. The license from what I gather is all encompassing, and therefore season 1-3 are all licensed/pre-licensed.
Old 2006-03-01, 10:02   Link #54
Guido

Announcement from the Tsubasa Chronicles website.

Season two will commence broadcast April 29th (Saturdays) at 18:25 hrs (06:25 p.m.)

Opening and ending themes for second season performed again by Kinya and Maaya Sakamoto.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 14:40   Link #55
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Opening and ending themes for second season performed again by Kinya and Maaya Sakamoto.
Nice. I absolutely loved Loop. I didn't even know this series was going to be 3 seasons long. Sounds even better.
Old 2006-03-11, 02:13   Link #56
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Man the movie made me piss in my pants. It was like all the best action from the first 26 episodes stuck into one 34 minute awesomeness.

More Tomoyo x Sakura FTW!

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 21:40   Link #57
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Just watched the movie, man, the graphics is great. It's a different style than Bee Train's, but it's still not bad. Too bad Syaoran didn't use any weapon at all, if he would've used a sword or something the battles would've been even better.
Old 2006-03-14, 02:44   Link #58
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

But Syaron's signature move is the "Kick of wimpy greatness" that he so often uses in the anime.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 04:21   Link #59
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

That's true, but it just seems a little weird in the movie,
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-17, 02:26   Link #60
Sakuya
*Artist

I just watched it, man, that was too short. As said earlier, the graphics are spectacular! It's so nice that it makes the story more interesting (I was losing interest for the TV series). I wish they'd use this character designer for the TV series.

As for the story, it's really confusing to me. They should've made it longer to add more explanations.

Spoiler:

Check out !

Tags
shounen