AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-27, 21:24   Link #61
Kageh
Union Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
you'll find out that Athrun is quite the prodigy, even amongst the best of Coordinators, and he excels in quite a bit of stuff.
Yeah, no kidding. Did anyone else's jaw just DROP when Athrun started owning up at the shooting practice. Holeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee SHIT. Boy has got SKILLZ. No doubt about it.
Kageh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 22:35   Link #62
DwArD
mAnIaC

And there I was thinking how good Rey is when he shot all the vital targets with just one shot. Then Athrun just came in and........you guys get the picture. So I see, Athrun is quite an elite. Wonder what will happen to Kira if he's been through proper military training. Its good Kira finally talked, but....its just one pathetic line. Looks like we can expect more in the next ep.
Old 2004-11-27, 22:39   Link #63
wao
OK.

I love seeing it when Athrun owns people. Definitely. I was smiling the whole time... I still prefer Athrun to Kira and Cagalli (but Lacus still wins for being smart)

And also a previous poster was right - Shinn doesn't even look as if he's the main character, we have Kira butting in with his grand 2 words and Athrun stealing the stage, Shinn almost seems as important as Lunamaria...

*sigh* Cagalli's got nowhere to go now, she can't pwn anybody and I doubt she's going to get much respect...
Old 2004-11-27, 22:43   Link #64
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
I agree with you Wao, my impression of Cagalli dropped to rock bottom in GSD =/ Something about the way she's acting right now is just... not likable.
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 23:09   Link #65
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Wonder what will happen to Kira if he's been through proper military training.
Me too... I think it wouldn't be very different though. Yes he's good at programming and at adapting to situations, but Athrun is better than Kira at other things as well. I guess he'd know how to control his emotions a bit better... Then again, maybe not (look at Shinn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
And also a previous poster was right - Shinn doesn't even look as if he's the main character, we have Kira butting in with his grand 2 words and Athrun stealing the stage, Shinn almost seems as important as Lunamaria...
Well, Lunamaria is supposed to be a main character of this show too... So I think that would be the point, right?
Old 2004-11-28, 00:47   Link #66
wao
OK.

But then it isn't as main as he's been hyped up to be, he's been on just about every single Destiny picture whereas Lunamaria hasn't... at least, to my knowledge.
Old 2004-11-28, 01:32   Link #67
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Wha? Where have you been? PLANT Terrorists blowing up a few cities in Earth is due to the EA? Huh?

I still don't understand why people keep blaming the EA for everything... Sure they are a bunch of evil bastards, but still...

Anyway, you should really watch the series again if you are getting so confused, ccardoso...
Yes, you're right, but this doesn't change the fact EA is waiting an excuse to start a new war... and they started the first war destroying Junius 7. Their only objective is a "blue and clean universe", that's the coordinators' genocide.
Why? Because they're jealus about coordinators' skills obviously.
Anyway don't use my previous mistake (Yakin Due one) to make you a level above me: it was only a name mistake, that doesn't change my knowledge of the Seed storyline.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 01:45   Link #68
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

I believe its a simple scheme that both sides just happen to comeup with at the same time to start a war again and this time completely wipe out the otherside Now the real fighting can begin after half a dozen chapters.
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 01:48   Link #69
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Blue Cosmos is NOT EA. Those dumbasses are genocidal extremists while the rest of the EA leadership is at the very least moderates who believe in coexistence.
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 01:52   Link #70
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I love seeing it when Athrun owns people. Definitely. I was smiling the whole time... I still prefer Athrun to Kira and Cagalli (but Lacus still wins for being smart)

*sigh* Cagalli's got nowhere to go now, she can't pwn anybody and I doubt she's going to get much respect...
definitely agree, Shinn is simply pwned by every single character coming back from SEED, and then even for Destiny characters he's being overshadowed by Rey and Gilbert. Even Lunamaria is at a better position since she's a female character in Gundam, and she's already doing a lot better than the supposed no.1 female lead Stellar

For supposed no.1 male and female leads, Shinn and Stellar are not exactly doing well
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 01:55   Link #71
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Ccardoso: It's not as simple as "jealousy", many people see them as "space monsters" and unnatural beings.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 01:58   Link #72
Shaoran

Send a message via ICQ to Shaoran Send a message via AIM to Shaoran Send a message via MSN to Shaoran Send a message via Yahoo to Shaoran
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao

For real, I feel ya on the main character issue. I'm getting the feeling that Kira and Athrun are still the main characters even in this series, lol.

Shinn: So like I pilot the Impulse, and it can be disassembled into like three different parts! I also get three really cool packs to go along with it! I'm a ZAFT ace, I serve aboard the new battleship Minerva, and I fight other Gundams!
(Void of silence fills the air)

Kira: ...Yeah...
(Crowd: Ooooooh! Ahhhhhh!)
Shaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 02:09   Link #73
dreamless

Quote:
And yes, if you listen to the SEED Image CD drama tracks, you'll find out that Athrun is quite the prodigy, even amongst the best of Coordinators, and he excels in quite a bit of stuff.
well, from the Drama CD we know that Athrun is not good at drawing and singing... also Yzak actually managed to win against Athrun in international chess once
Old 2004-11-28, 02:31   Link #74
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Ccardoso: It's not as simple as "jealousy", many people see them as "space monsters" and unnatural beings.
Well it's not jealousy, it's racism... from worse to worst I guess... Why did EA attack first? Coordinators have PLANT, EA has Earth, they can live in their worlds without making wars... but EA attacked for first during the first war and now it's looking for an excuse to attack again. Unforgivable behaviour in my opinion.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 02:40   Link #75
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
They didn't just suddenly declare war for no reason at all, there's decades of strained political and diplomatic negotiations behind this. The PLANT's suffered a lot from Blue Cosmos terrorist attacks as well, some of which were ordered from the top in the sponsor nations. Remember that it was the Blue Cosmos that secretely loaded a nuclear missile onboard a carrier, Junius 7 was only supposed to be crippled to prevent the PLANT's to produce their own food and not having to rely on Earth, there wasn't supposed to be a massacre.

There are extremists on both sides, it just happened to be so that many extremists ran the show in the EA while Siegel Clyne was Chairman - just look at what happened when Zala took over, a gamma ray laser. He really didn't want anyone to live y'know?
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 03:35   Link #76
dreamless

well the Earth sponsor nations ask PLANT for hefty quota of resources and forbid PLANT to produce food on their own and want PLANT to be in their iron grips. And now PLANT has gained full independence, I guess the Earth sponsor nations are surely not happy...
Old 2004-11-28, 04:13   Link #77
ryogax

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
Well it's not jealousy, it's racism... from worse to worst I guess... Why did EA attack first? Coordinators have PLANT, EA has Earth, they can live in their worlds without making wars... but EA attacked for first during the first war and now it's looking for an excuse to attack again. Unforgivable behaviour in my opinion.

actually there were many reasons they (EA , Blue cosmos) want the coordinator wipe up..

remember that coordinator wants all natural dead since they think they are superior..

EA is basically just doing what the coordinator wants to do to them..

Also after seeing this episode..
If you still cant figure out why the EA and blue cosmos wants the coordinator dead..well it think you have a problem

The coordinator wants the natural dead??? Cant you figure it out.
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 04:21   Link #78
tetra

The only reason coordinators have any resentment against naturals are cause naturals attacked and killed them first. Thinking you are superior to someone doesn't mean you want them dead.
Naturals obviously are jealous about coordinator's abilities as well as feeling that its just naturally wrong to genetically modify people. Remember in Seed when they did a little flashback on when coordinators started getting killed on Earth.
tetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 05:46   Link #79
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Wonder what will happen to Kira if he's been through proper military training.
Well you don't get points for throwing the gun at the target, so they'd probably just laugh at him. Personally, I wanted to see Cagalli show up Lunamaria in that scene. She's no Athrun with that gun but would love to see her show up somebody...anybody...doing anything!
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 07:08   Link #80
WabukiSensei
Chillin out

Anybody notice junius 7 falling on earth in the credits? The part where kira and lacus hold hands.
WabukiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote