AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-11-28, 21:23   Link #21
HoBoZ
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
not JUST cagali. asurans been taking shit from Shinn, that lil poser. that lil whore needs to die. btw. where the fuk is asurans gundam?

i CAN'T wait till kira+ asuran bust out some shit and whoop the living crap out of the fuken posers/noobs.
HoBoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 21:47   Link #22
Shinn
Orooo?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vancouver BC
Age: 26
Cagalli is my favorite char from seed, but lately she hasn't been acting like her self, she breaks down too often, it doesn't fit into her character
hope they try to restore her so far shattered char in GSD

the most disturbing thing for me in GS was Kira's very unnessary crying...

hell it sounded like someone was shoving a pole down his ass O.o
Shinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 22:15   Link #23
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
The death of Cagalli can be used as an excuse from the writers to bring Kira back into action. Of course, they can always blow up Kira's and Lacus's little hut while they r sleeping together....
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 00:16   Link #24
EnergyRift
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
K'9999 - Phase 7 just recently got released by a fansubber, so there is no need for any rudeness. Some of us like to wait for a release from a specific fansub, or just don't download all that fast, but people who have watched 1-6, are still able to answer the question to the extent of their knowledge.

But yea, Luna does show a little more fan girlish attitude towards Athrun in this episode, so "maybe" there'll be something there, which could possibly be the reason for what Cagalli is going through right now. Complete speculation, I think it could go either way, either she's done with, or she breaks out of her shell.


And Tron, I don't want to get wayy off topic over here, but honestly, her father didn't really make mistakes, they chose their path, it was not the easiest path, but it was the "right" one, which was the same path the heroes had chosen at the end, to go against ALL of them. He didn't quite side with the naturals, or else his island wouldn't have been destroied while they tried to take over their.. uuhh.. thing which sends people out of earth's atmosphere. He hid the ship because it was the right thing to do, because it was a ship destined for far greater things, and he realized this, he didn't do this to "improve his weapons" they teamed up to go against everyone, because once more, that was the right thing to do, because neither EAF or ZAFT had the right method. He stayed and died to protect his children, so they could continue doing the right thing. Your argument is somewhat troubling, and by troubling I mean, kind of false, and by kind of, I mean really. Cagalli has had a lot happen to her, more then Shinn I bet. Well, I'm just done.. Your argument is just, wrong..
EnergyRift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 01:57   Link #25
ryogax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergyRift
K'9999 - Phase 7 just recently got released by a fansubber, so there is no need for any rudeness. Some of us like to wait for a release from a specific fansub, or just don't download all that fast, but people who have watched 1-6, are still able to answer the question to the extent of their knowledge.

But yea, Luna does show a little more fan girlish attitude towards Athrun in this episode, so "maybe" there'll be something there, which could possibly be the reason for what Cagalli is going through right now. Complete speculation, I think it could go either way, either she's done with, or she breaks out of her shell.


And Tron, I don't want to get wayy off topic over here, but honestly, her father didn't really make mistakes, they chose their path, it was not the easiest path, but it was the "right" one, which was the same path the heroes had chosen at the end, to go against ALL of them. He didn't quite side with the naturals, or else his island wouldn't have been destroied while they tried to take over their.. uuhh.. thing which sends people out of earth's atmosphere. He hid the ship because it was the right thing to do, because it was a ship destined for far greater things, and he realized this, he didn't do this to "improve his weapons" they teamed up to go against everyone, because once more, that was the right thing to do, because neither EAF or ZAFT had the right method. He stayed and died to protect his children, so they could continue doing the right thing. Your argument is somewhat troubling, and by troubling I mean, kind of false, and by kind of, I mean really. Cagalli has had a lot happen to her, more then Shinn I bet. Well, I'm just done.. Your argument is just, wrong..

Theres no such thing as right and wrong in war.
The winner will decide what moral and whats not.
Pacifism is a joke..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 05:05   Link #26
SpikeSpencer
Friendly Neighborhood Nub
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: East Coast, US
Send a message via AIM to SpikeSpencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoBoZ
not JUST cagali. asurans been taking shit from Shinn, that lil poser. that lil whore needs to die. btw. where the fuk is asurans gundam?

i CAN'T wait till kira+ asuran bust out some shit and whoop the living crap out of the fuken posers/noobs.
youre my hero
SpikeSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 07:21   Link #27
pyu
Crouchety Old Man
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Singapore
Send a message via MSN to pyu
ryogax, in the context of SEED Destiny, pacifism as an idealogy is a joke (i.e. utterly ineffectual) since almost all the relevant sides seem to want to kill each other outright.

Taken objectively, pacifism is never a joke. Personally, I find it rather sad that at this stage in the 21st century, we can claim ourselves to be civilized while dismissing pacifism. I don't think we would ever evolve to the stage where we can overcome our baser instincts...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 09:10   Link #28
ryogax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
ryogax, in the context of SEED Destiny, pacifism as an idealogy is a joke (i.e. utterly ineffectual) since almost all the relevant sides seem to want to kill each other outright.

Taken objectively, pacifism is never a joke. Personally, I find it rather sad that at this stage in the 21st century, we can claim ourselves to be civilized while dismissing pacifism. I don't think we would ever evolve to the stage where we can overcome our baser instincts...

Actually i think pacifism in Gundam seed asa joke..and yes I also think pacifism in real life as a big pile of dog shit.

Being civilized has nothing to do with being pacifist..
Its just a fact that pacifism is an illusion..It doesn't exist..
Its just a word use by certain countries to make themselves look good..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 09:56   Link #29
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Maybe during these two years Cagalli is all softened and stuff...like...uh...more like a woman. Since Athrun is always with her now, she has someone to talk to, someone to rely on and someone to sleep with...

So yea...
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 10:48   Link #30
wao
OK.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Fields of High Attus
Age: 25
That does sound plausible. Perhaps more feminine aspects of Cagalli have come out, except it's not the very desirable aspects - perhaps she has grown too reliant and hasn't sat down and carefully considered the situation. Her stubborn trait has now turned into something not very nice - once she is on a tangent she cannot think clearly, it seems... her heart hasn't really calmed down much.

One wonders where her sense of reasoning is. It's making Athrun, who is doing mostly the right stuff, by not speaking out so offensively and calming down and being humble and helping out, look like a genius next to her. Or maybe cos he is a genius.

Perhaps Athrun being around has distracted her from focusing and refining her ideals the past 2 years, to the point that she is quite lost and confused and Athrun can't really help, since it seems (SEEMS!) like he's stable for the most part and maybe has lost his understanding of Cagalli.

Ahh, what am I saying...
It will be quite a pity if Cagalli dies... but when it's already come to the point where I'm beginning to see Lunamaria in a better light than Cagalli something's really messed up, eh
__________________
Thanks for the fish
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 11:19   Link #31
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergyRift
K'9999 - Phase 7 just recently got released by a fansubber, so there is no need for any rudeness. Some of us like to wait for a release from a specific fansub, or just don't download all that fast, but people who have watched 1-6, are still able to answer the question to the extent of their knowledge.

But yea, Luna does show a little more fan girlish attitude towards Athrun in this episode, so "maybe" there'll be something there, which could possibly be the reason for what Cagalli is going through right now. Complete speculation, I think it could go either way, either she's done with, or she breaks out of her shell.


And Tron, I don't want to get wayy off topic over here, but honestly, her father didn't really make mistakes, they chose their path, it was not the easiest path, but it was the "right" one, which was the same path the heroes had chosen at the end, to go against ALL of them. He didn't quite side with the naturals, or else his island wouldn't have been destroied while they tried to take over their.. uuhh.. thing which sends people out of earth's atmosphere. He hid the ship because it was the right thing to do, because it was a ship destined for far greater things, and he realized this, he didn't do this to "improve his weapons" they teamed up to go against everyone, because once more, that was the right thing to do, because neither EAF or ZAFT had the right method. He stayed and died to protect his children, so they could continue doing the right thing. Your argument is somewhat troubling, and by troubling I mean, kind of false, and by kind of, I mean really. Cagalli has had a lot happen to her, more then Shinn I bet. Well, I'm just done.. Your argument is just, wrong..
You're wrong, watch SEED again. He said he wanted no part of the war and would not take sides. He broke his word by helping the naturals bulid weapons to kill coordinator . He then allowed Archangel to hide in Orb only if they agreed to have Kira look at their weapons. The naturals then demand he let them use the ramp, he said no, he was netural, though he was helping their enmey. The naturals attack, which is not breaking any agreement. He broke the agreement first by helping bulid weapons and by hiding a traitor ship. He then refused Zaft's help because he was netural.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 12:22   Link #32
RX79GMCustom
Grumpy Bear
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
Being civilized has nothing to do with being pacifist..
Its just a fact that pacifism is an illusion..It doesn't exist..
Its just a word use by certain countries to make themselves look good..
pacifism exist - best example is the dalai lama and gandhi.
albeit, it never works and pacifists always die a martyr's death.
__________________
Once more into the breach my friends, once more.
RX79GMCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 12:40   Link #33
ryogax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX79GMCustom
pacifism exist - best example is the dalai lama and gandhi.
albeit, it never works and pacifists always die a martyr's death.
the dalai lama is not a pacifist..hes more of a fanatic idiot..
but anyway were way off topic..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 16:09   Link #34
Guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
You're wrong, watch SEED again. He said he wanted no part of the war and would not take sides. He broke his word by helping the naturals bulid weapons to kill coordinator . He then allowed Archangel to hide in Orb only if they agreed to have Kira look at their weapons. The naturals then demand he let them use the ramp, he said no, he was netural, though he was helping their enmey. The naturals attack, which is not breaking any agreement. He broke the agreement first by helping bulid weapons and by hiding a traitor ship. He then refused Zaft's help because he was netural.
Yes, he did breach Orb's neutrality - but consider the reason why. Orb's military was badly inferior to ZAFT's because they lacked mobile suits, and they couldn't match the EA in numbers either. The EA's new warship and mobile suit designs, when finished, would only make this imbalance worse. From the series, it doesn't look like Orb had enough Coordinators to staff a decent-sized mobile suit group, so helping the EA complete their new weapons was their best chance of obtaining the technology to refit their own military with.

Uzumi understood that, although Orb was neutral, they wouldn't be able to stay that way if they weren't well-armed. As it turned out his gambles didn't pay off as well as hoped - first when ZAFT found out about the new weapons and attacked Heliopolis, then when the EA under Azrael were willing to attack Orb to seize their mass driver. However, consider the alternative - if and when the EA lost the Panama mass driver, they would still have gone to Orb to "request" their help, and Orb would have no ability to resist at all - they would have been dragged into the war on someone else's terms. ZAFT would probably have attacked after that, with even more disastrous results than the actual Battle of Orb - I can't see the EA taking as much care for the safety of Orb civilians as Orb's own military did.

I don't think Uzumi did anything particularly out of the ordinary in statecraft - he was faced with a number of doubtful choices and did his best to pick the least bad. Although Orb was still attacked in the end, they were able to preserve the bulk of their population, contribute significantly to the peaceful settlement of the war (saving countless lives on all sides in the process) and rebuild afterwards. I wouldn't say that points to a major failure of judgement on Uzumi's part.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 16:27   Link #35
rorosama
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
i liked cagalli in seed and in destiny too. She's got a lot on her mind i guess so she isn't thinking clearly now.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 17:11   Link #36
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 28
The population of Orb is composed of naturals and coordinators.So the presence of EA military forces was impossible without sacrifying the coordinators since the EA wasn't really kind with them.So Orb didn't have any choice.
And Uzumi never authorized any kind of cooperation with the EA at heliopolis.
__________________
"Politics always takes vengeance on those who belittle it."
Julian Minci, Legend of the galactic heroes .
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 17:54   Link #37
pyu
Crouchety Old Man
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Singapore
Send a message via MSN to pyu
Yes, it is likely in the upcoming episodes that those other ORB royals who succeeded their predecessors have bypassed Cagalli and decided collectively to ally with the Atlantic Federation...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 21:35   Link #38
ryogax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Yes, he did breach Orb's neutrality - but consider the reason why. Orb's military was badly inferior to ZAFT's because they lacked mobile suits, and they couldn't match the EA in numbers either. The EA's new warship and mobile suit designs, when finished, would only make this imbalance worse. From the series, it doesn't look like Orb had enough Coordinators to staff a decent-sized mobile suit group, so helping the EA complete their new weapons was their best chance of obtaining the technology to refit their own military with.

Uzumi understood that, although Orb was neutral, they wouldn't be able to stay that way if they weren't well-armed. As it turned out his gambles didn't pay off as well as hoped - first when ZAFT found out about the new weapons and attacked Heliopolis, then when the EA under Azrael were willing to attack Orb to seize their mass driver. However, consider the alternative - if and when the EA lost the Panama mass driver, they would still have gone to Orb to "request" their help, and Orb would have no ability to resist at all - they would have been dragged into the war on someone else's terms. ZAFT would probably have attacked after that, with even more disastrous results than the actual Battle of Orb - I can't see the EA taking as much care for the safety of Orb civilians as Orb's own military did.

I don't think Uzumi did anything particularly out of the ordinary in statecraft - he was faced with a number of doubtful choices and did his best to pick the least bad. Although Orb was still attacked in the end, they were able to preserve the bulk of their population, contribute significantly to the peaceful settlement of the war (saving countless lives on all sides in the process) and rebuild afterwards. I wouldn't say that points to a major failure of judgement on Uzumi's part.
Uzumi is a hippy..

Talking doesn't solve anything in war..
You need to fight your enemy until their dead or surrender..

thats how you win..

The other choices will only delay the war...not end it..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 23:08   Link #39
Depresionist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
Uzumi is a hippy..

Talking doesn't solve anything in war..
You need to fight your enemy until their dead or surrender..

thats how you win..

The other choices will only delay the war...not end it..
So should he do it Patrick Zala (GENESIS)-Style or Blue Cosmos (Nuke)-Style?
__________________
Depresionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 23:17   Link #40
ryogax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
So should he do it Patrick Zala (GENESIS)-Style or Blue Cosmos (Nuke)-Style?
Sure why not..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.