AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-11-30, 04:58   Link #41
Guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
Sure why not..
Great, so which enemy should he have wiped out first, and with what army? Orb was a military minnow at the start of the series; that was the whole reason they were desperately trying to build up their strength by participating in the Archangel / Gundam project, while using the acquired information to secretly develop the Kusanagi and Astrays.

I find it ironic that you call Uzumi a "hippy", when Orb under his leadership was engaged in a major military buildup, with the aim of being able to deal with the EA and ZAFT from a position of strength.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 09:23   Link #42
ryogax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Great, so which enemy should he have wiped out first, and with what army? Orb was a military minnow at the start of the series; that was the whole reason they were desperately trying to build up their strength by participating in the Archangel / Gundam project, while using the acquired information to secretly develop the Kusanagi and Astrays.

I find it ironic that you call Uzumi a "hippy", when Orb under his leadership was engaged in a major military buildup, with the aim of being able to deal with the EA and ZAFT from a position of strength.


Zaft should be wipe up first..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 10:40   Link #43
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax


Zaft should be wipe up first..

"Why should they? Why not wipe out the inferior naturals first?
EA started the war by screwing over the superior, righteous coordinators. They starved them through taxing of their resources, AND they nuked Junius 7. Patrick Zala was right, naturals need to be wiped out."


(Soon enough, someone's going to be pissed off at my comment, and then a flame war will ensue.

Now chances are that eventually someone will find a weapon and fire it, then the retaliation.
Suddenly, this will rise to an all-out war, and eventually some madman will convince both parties to pull the nuke trigger.

Result: End of the world... again.)



Cagalli can't really explode yet, as she's in a politically sensitive position. Any and all mistakes can and will be interpretted by politicians, giving them a reason to screw orb over. Are there any valid points she could make, probably, but from GSD I didn't get the impression that Cagalli was good at debating.
(Though she was good at yelling at people, and being emotional.)


Of course, I don't think Cagalli's suitable to be a politician, but that's just the way things winded up.

(On the other hand, I don't know how Lacus Clyne was able to 'hang out' with Kira after the war. Shouldn't she return to PLANT, and try to patch things up from that side?)




Well, that's my 1 cent (yes, it's not enough to be 2 cents) on the issue. Now all we have to do is wait for Shinn to continue his attack, and then for Lunamaria to steal Athuran away.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 14:23   Link #44
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 28
really can't you listen(read in fact) :There is COORDINATORS IN ORB!And the EA wants to kill all coordinators .So there's a little problem here,to say the least .And that's the same for ZAFT.The first duty of government is to make sur that is citizens are safe,not to sell one part of his population to protect the over part.

It 's incredible. how a MS pilot like her (and a survivor of Yachin Due) can tolerate Shinn?The 2 years in the concil and all the political games must have demoralized her.I guess that if orb go with the EA,her behaviour will change a lot.In the prewiew of ep8 she's angry.
__________________
"Politics always takes vengeance on those who belittle it."
Julian Minci, Legend of the galactic heroes .
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 14:42   Link #45
sinistral
SOS団
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
really can't you listen(read in fact) :There is COORDINATORS IN ORB!And the EA wants to kill all coordinators .So there's a little problem here,to say the least .And that's the same for ZAFT.The first duty of government is to make sur that is citizens are safe,not to sell one part of his population to protect the over part.

It 's incredible. how a MS pilot like her (and a survivor of Yachin Due) can tolerate Shinn?The 2 years in the concil and all the political games must have demoralized her.I guess that if orb go with the EA,her behaviour will change a lot.In the prewiew of ep8 she's angry.
who knows at the age of 17, Cagalli has to go through so much political issues.. definitely tough and emotionally unstable for her lol..
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 14:51   Link #46
ryogax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
"Why should they? Why not wipe out the inferior naturals first?
EA started the war by screwing over the superior, righteous coordinators. They starved them through taxing of their resources, AND they nuked Junius 7. Patrick Zala was right, naturals need to be wiped out."
.

And there goes my reason for why Zaft should be wipe up first..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 16:04   Link #47
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 28
We are luky that empty and ryogax are not our leaders.We would be all dead by now.Nuclear winter and the rest.THere's no need to wonder why LeCreuset wanted to kill evrybody.
__________________
"Politics always takes vengeance on those who belittle it."
Julian Minci, Legend of the galactic heroes .
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 18:55   Link #48
Depresionist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
We are luky that empty and ryogax are not our leaders.We would be all dead by now.Nuclear winter and the rest.THere's no need to wonder why LeCreuset wanted to kill evrybody.
I used to have troube understanding Kleuze's motives, but I do now. No matter what, someone is ALWAYS going to be unsatisfied, and conflict will forever exist.
__________________
Depresionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 23:23   Link #49
haunterex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver. BC. Canada
Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
god... i hope they dont kill off cagalli... she is the favorite girl character for me in seed.
Personally, i think she seems so fragile in destiny because been through so much and see things more clearly. She was so wild and hotheaded in seed because she was rather naive. in destiny, shin's anger with her is due to the dead of his family, making cagalli unable to bitch back because she understand the feelings through her own lost.

Off topic question
is cagalli a coordinator? because if she and kira are twins, she has to be a coordinator right?
but i remember reading some post in the forum saying she is just a natural with seed factor...
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 00:06   Link #50
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Dammit, I've gone berserker.... let me reply all those posts!!! (goes insane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunterex
Off topic question
is cagalli a coordinator? because if she and kira are twins, she has to be a coordinator right?
but i remember reading some post in the forum saying she is just a natural with seed factor...
Cagalli is supposedly a natural with the SeeD ability.

Spoiler just in case people haven't seen SeeD
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
And there goes my reason for why Zaft should be wipeD OUT(not up) first..
"Why? Humans have always tried to become more developed / advanced haven't we? So why should we abandon the superior and stay inferior? It's like abandoning abandoning toilets + toilet paper, and going back to the hole in the ground + your hands"

(I hope that you do realize that I'm just provoking you so that we can be the two 'extremists' right?) No hard feelings.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
really can't you listen(read in fact) :There are COORDINATORS IN ORB!And the EA wants to kill all coordinators .So there's a little problem here,to say the least .And that's the same for ZAFT.The first duty of government is to make sur that is citizens are safe,not to sell one part of his population to protect the over part.

It 's incredible. how a MS pilot like her (and a survivor of Yachin Due) can tolerate Shinn?The 2 years in the concil and all the political games must have demoralized her.I guess that if orb go with the EA,her behaviour will change a lot.In the prewiew of ep8 she's angry.
I don't know if that was directed at me, but if it was then:

As I said: "Cagalli can't really explode yet, as she's in a politically sensitive position. Any and all mistakes can and will be interpretted by politicians, giving them a reason to screw orb over."

Read: If she messes up, then her citizens (citizens of Orb) suffer.

and NO, EA DOES NOT want to eradicate coordinators, BLUE COSMOS does. But even if blue cosmos has signifficant influence, not all earthlings are anti-coordinator.
(Same case in ZAFT, not everyone's pro-coordinator superiority)



Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
We are luky that empty and ryogax are not our leaders.We would be all dead by now.Nuclear winter and the rest.THere's no need to wonder why LeCreuset wanted to kill evrybody.
Just in case someone missed it, I put quotes on my 'statement'.

I said it to state a point, that is once people start making careless comments like that, problems occur.

Imagine what would happen to Orb if Cagalli say something to favor ZAFT / EA, orb would lose it's neutrality (eventually)

heh... Actually, I tend to side towards Kleuze's beliefs, so it IS a good thing that I don't hold the key to mankind's future.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
I used to have troube understanding Kleuze's motives, but I do now. No matter what, someone is ALWAYS going to be unsatisfied, and conflict will forever exist.
Precisely... our inherent greed has consumed us all, EVERYONE wants more. That leads to people envying others who are more fortunate.

Greed leads people to want more, now since working is doing more than idling, people will always prefer to be lazy rather than hard-working.

(Hence coordinators in SeeD, they need to work less to get more...)

Thus, people will almost always envy those who get something for nothing (e.g. lottery winners, people who gain by breaking rules / laws etc.)

This envy builds up, and eventually hatred develops, and then conflict...

Humans have already decended much into the darkness of insanity, and it's only a matter of time until we self-destruct...

I mean, we've already accumulated enough weapons to wipe the entire planet out, how much further do we have to do.

(Hopefully, Bush isn't THAT stupid to try to start a war against China or something like that. If nukes were fired, we'd be done for.)


What we REALLY need is those winged whales to come and take over earth, 'modify' those with low morals, and set up a proper system where humans can respect each other.

(That, and somehow they have to get rid of our greed, hopefully it IS genetic...)


********************************************
(blah blah blah... hmm... I've really developed a thing for ranting haven't I?)

Last edited by eMpTy265; 2004-12-02 at 00:37.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 00:30   Link #51
haunterex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver. BC. Canada
Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265

Cagalli is supposedly a natural with the SeeD ability.

Spoiler just in case people haven't seen SeeD
Spoiler:

thanks for clearing that up for me.
but those with seed ability mean they could be newtype right(ike the kind like fraga and cruset). ?
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 00:33   Link #52
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunterex
thanks for clearing that up for me.
but those with seed ability mean they could be newtype right(ike the kind like fraga and cruset). ?
(Sorry... forgot the definition of SeeD... but it's somewhere on the forums...)
But SeeD is an ability that seems to come in the course of natural evolution (or maybe an evolutionary jump). Thus naturals and coordinators can SeeD potentially.


The word 'newtype' hasn't occured in SeeD YET...

but from watching SeeD and previous Gundam series, the ability seems to be similar to newtype abilities.


E.g.
- the bit system
- Kleuze & Fraga
- Kira knows how to avoid bits also...
-how Neo can actually read Laser's mind
(heh... even I've started to call Rey 'Laser')
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 01:35   Link #53
ryogax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
=eMpTy265]

"Why? Humans have always tried to become more developed / advanced haven't we? So why should we abandon the superior and stay inferior? It's like abandoning abandoning toilets + toilet paper, and going back to the hole in the ground + your hands"

(I hope that you do realize that I'm just provoking you so that we can be the two 'extremists' right?) No hard feelings.
Dont take me seriously..
Its afterall just a show..
The fact that i want zaft wipe up does not mean im extreme in real life..
But in the show..I do want zaft wipe up..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 01:38   Link #54
Senien
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien Send a message via Skype™ to Senien
Gundam politics, good grief, lol
__________________
Senien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 11:47   Link #55
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 28
To empty265:Sorry for that. I didn't want to be rude,but I had the impression that someone miss that"little problem".I probably should pay more attention.The last post: that was a little joke nothing serious.
But I disagree.Blue cosmos convinced the EA to use nuke against plant.The EA killed its own soldiers in Alaska.The record of the EA clearly show that genocide isn't a problem for them.They destroyed Junius 7 with nukes.If it was BC(and not direct order of the HQ)then they had enough influence to have nuclear weapon.BC had a major influence on the EA.

senien:That's one of my reason to watch GS.The background of the CE era is intresting.

ryogax:yes,but it has some connections with the real world.So when people express extreme point of view there' s possibility that they think the same way in the real world.Why am I so serious today?kill them all!they're worthless humans
__________________
"Politics always takes vengeance on those who belittle it."
Julian Minci, Legend of the galactic heroes .

Last edited by ZeusIrae; 2004-12-02 at 12:30.
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 12:26   Link #56
Besa
[Ѐ]
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sweden
Send a message via MSN to Besa
This thread made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Really,I hate this kind of threads.Cagalli is my favorite female in gundam,and I don't see what makes her so damn stupid.And to you who made this pointless thread,don't you think people will be offended by this?I sure did.
Besa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 12:41   Link #57
ryogax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besa
This thread made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Really,I hate this kind of threads.Cagalli is my favorite female in gundam,and I don't see what makes her so damn stupid.And to you who made this pointless thread,don't you think people will be offended by this?I sure did.

Cagali has become stupid..Accept that..

and who freaking cares if they get offended..Its a stupid show..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 12:51   Link #58
Besa
[Ѐ]
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sweden
Send a message via MSN to Besa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
Cagali has become stupid..Accept that..

and who freaking cares if they get offended..Its a stupid show..
I really don't give a shit if YOU think shes become stupid.

You never read rules do you?and if it is a 'stupid show' why do you bother to watch it?
Besa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 13:28   Link #59
Dark Crusader
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Something that is really confusing me about Blue Cosmos is the fact that they're using clone soldiers. Why is it that a group against genetic engineering and experimentation would use cloning and what would appear to be enhanced pilots. Both would seem to be against their veiws. The only reasons I can guess at are:

1) The pilots are clones of the original newtypes (yes I know they don't exist yet but I'm sure they're soming) and BC views newtypes as the next evolution for humanity and thus accept them because unlike the coordinators; who are a product of genetic engineering; they are a natural evolution.

2) The clones are unstable as we've seen and therefore will eventually degrade so they don't consider them a threat because out those little chambers of theirs they'll simply die.

As for the Coordinators wiping out all of humanity I doubt they could. Despite the fact that if they did the rest of the pro natural coordinator might revolt against the current PLANT government. The Earth forces still have a significant amount of troops and resources. A fairly obvious fact since they can still crank out new ships and MS's to keep up with the PLANTS weapon production.
Dark Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 13:31   Link #60
ryogax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besa
I really don't give a shit if YOU think shes become stupid.

You never read rules do you?and if it is a 'stupid show' why do you bother to watch it?
Because I like the stupid show..DUH!
Why else!! :fingers:
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.