AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-19, 12:30   Link #21
Mr.Minou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: France
Age: 29
hmmmmmm can someone tell me who is ohno's boyfriend ?
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 13:59   Link #22
naught
Enjoy & Relevant
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Minou
hmmmmmm can someone tell me who is ohno's boyfriend ?
Spoiler for boyfriend:
naught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 23:17   Link #23
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 05:23   Link #24
Mr.Minou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: France
Age: 29
ok thanks you guys well it was quite hinted from the beginning I think
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 07:44   Link #25
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Spoiler:
Spoiler for the kareshi:
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 09:56   Link #26
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
i think sasahara gets a kanojo too!!!

why? cos....

Spoiler:


hehehe
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 12:00   Link #27
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by s'my
Spoiler for the kareshi:
Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 20:12   Link #28
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Hmm... No activity since the forum reset...

Anyway, I bought the english vol 4 from del ray and I was wondering about something. On page 101,
Spoiler:
I was just wondering if that was in the original japanese version? Hopefully it wasn't added in the US version...
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 00:47   Link #29
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
When you say original Japanese version, do you mean before it was translated in English? If so then you've gotten the answer to your question. Why would it be a English only addition anyway?
__________________
Anime in progress and enjoying: Persona 4 the golden
Animes on Hold:None
Animes completed:I wanna be the strongest in the world,Super Sonico The Animation, Hajime no Ippo:Rising, Wake up girls,Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 01:47   Link #30
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Anyway, I bought the english vol 4 from del ray and I was wondering about something. On page 101,
Spoiler:
I was just wondering if that was in the original japanese version? Hopefully it wasn't added in the US version...
I bought the Chinese translated version by Tong Li and it also had the black boxes. In volume 5, they actually included the heavily censored Doujinshi at the end as an extra. Wondered about the same thing too. Guess it's another parody sort of thing they do for the comic, because they can't really put in pornographic contents.

Now it'll be funny if they really sell the Doujinshi at Comiket.

I wanna read volume 7, need my Ohno fix.
__________________
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 06:08   Link #31
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
I bought the Chinese translated version by Tong Li and it also had the black boxes. In volume 5, they actually included the heavily censored Doujinshi at the end as an extra. Wondered about the same thing too. Guess it's another parody sort of thing they do for the comic, because they can't really put in pornographic contents.

Now it'll be funny if they really sell the Doujinshi at Comiket.

I wanna read volume 7, need my Ohno fix.
Ah. Thanks that answers my question. I doubt it'd be in both the english and chinese releases if it wasn't in the original japanese.

@DingoEnderZOE2- It wouldn't have been the first time an english version had been censored. Looks like that isn't the case this time, though I wanted to make sure.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 19:34   Link #32
Random Otaku
Anime-Ken
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Random Otaku
What's this I hear about the manga ending it's run around April this year? ;_;
Random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 19:50   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
The UK sucks for Genshiken manga.. only got the first two volumes on sale here! ;_;

I've been meaning to import volumes 3 & 4.. but i think i might go the way that Riker's doing. ^^;
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 21:29   Link #34
stpehen
kisses for all
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ぶちゅー!
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Otaku
What's this I hear about the manga ending it's run around April this year? ;_;
I wouldn't be too surprised if it ends up with the 8th volume being the last. Certainly in Afternoon they've been making a big deal about it going on "just a little bit longer."
__________________
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 22:19   Link #35
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
The end seems pretty near, considering that otaku humor has taken a backseat for character relationships. Perhaps this is just temporary? However, I do think when these current developments reach their conclusion, it would be a good time to end the story entirely. Like, maybe when Sasahara graduates or something.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 02:01   Link #36
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
The end seems pretty near, considering that otaku humor has taken a backseat for character relationships. Perhaps this is just temporary? However, I do think when these current developments reach their conclusion, it would be a good time to end the story entirely. Like, maybe when Sasahara graduates or something.
I agree.

The series started off with Sasahara's cohort and would be good to end with his cohort graduating.
(Except for Ohno who has a special reason. )
__________________
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 07:18   Link #37
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
The UK sucks for Genshiken manga.. only got the first two volumes on sale here! ;_;

I've been meaning to import volumes 3 & 4.. but i think i might go the way that Riker's doing. ^^;
Then I suggest you do what I do and order them on amazon.co.uk. The release dates are the same as the U.S. release dates and Vol 4 was recently released (plus Amazon seems the cheapest way to get manga in the U.K. and free postage with orders over 15)


Vol 1 : 26th Apr 5.66
Vol 2 : 26th July 5.66
Vol 3 : 25th Oct 5.66
Vol 4 : 31st Jan 5.66
Vol 5 : 25th April 5.66
Vol 6 : 25th July 5.66
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 08:34   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Yeah, thats what i've been meaning to do for a while.. just haven't got around to it.

Amazon's the place where i get most of my Manga, release dates suck in the UK.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 11:22   Link #39
Sakuyakun
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
It's finally done! Is there anyone who can summarize what happened to each characters by the end of the manga?
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 13:56   Link #40
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
There's a good summary of the final chapter over at Heisei Democracy.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.