AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-04, 00:11   Link #81
Slideways
Always Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoopupoop
what a waste a bandwidth for this episode. i want my 24 minutes back. fucking thieves. Eating spaghetti-o's is more entertaining then watching this episode.
If you watched the preview to the next episode, it looks even worst than the one we just watched... and I also think that this episode was a total waste of time. What could have been done in 2minutes was dragged out to a whole episode.
Old 2004-12-04, 00:19   Link #82
SrStrk

Send a message via AIM to SrStrk
I think they're realizing they're getting dangerously close to where the manga is, so they'll probably stretch out the episodes a little.
SrStrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 00:29   Link #83
Virus
ウイルス

Send a message via AIM to Virus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrStrk
I think they're realizing they're getting dangerously close to where the manga is, so they'll probably stretch out the episodes a little.
Yeah, that's what I'm also thinking. Usually one episode is 1.5 manga correct?
Old 2004-12-04, 01:00   Link #84
rukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus
Yeah, that's what I'm also thinking. Usually one episode is 1.5 manga correct?

Im pretty sure thats the ratio.
rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 02:24   Link #85
ctown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukus

Im pretty sure thats the ratio.
I don't know what you guys talking about but this ep is exactly like Manga
ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 07:49   Link #86
CommS007

It's a pretty good episode, hope that people will have more patience with cliffhangers and things ( ^^)"
Old 2004-12-04, 21:23   Link #87
Zachman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideways
If you watched the preview to the next episode, it looks even worst than the one we just watched... and I also think that this episode was a total waste of time. What could have been done in 2minutes was dragged out to a whole episode.
Do you mind explaining why the next episode looks even worse than the current one? If you read the manga, you'll see that this episode was not a waste of time.
Zachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 02:32   Link #88
PiggyCanHack

Send a message via AIM to PiggyCanHack Send a message via MSN to PiggyCanHack
Kind of boring episode. They were all in a ball all the time
Old 2004-12-05, 04:05   Link #89
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
People, if you wants FIGHTS, there'll be time for them in the coming episodes...I can just see these people who are posting, "Too boring...nothing happened...not much fighting, etc." posting later, "Too MUCH fighting...so many fights...dragged out fights, etc.. Is there nothing that will satisfy you guys??

As for the "whole episode inside a ball/dome" comment, well that was used to show Shikamaru's intelligence in developing a plan/strategy in order to break out, and also the innate trust developed between Chouji and Shikamaru because of their being friends and teammates. No FIGHTING happened, but a strong CHARACTERIZATION was shown for both Chouji and Shikamaru.

And the next episode...Chouji's time to shine!! Hooray for chubby!!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 12:18   Link #90
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Good build up, but when the episode stopped when it did, you feel unsatisfied because it was a build up nothing more, i should have waited a month or two and then watched all the eps released over that time in one go, then it would be good to watch. But i cannot cos i'm addicted to this lol
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 12:51   Link #91
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro
Good build up, but when the episode stopped when it did, you feel unsatisfied because it was a build up nothing more, i should have waited a month or two and then watched all the eps released over that time in one go, then it would be good to watch. But i cannot cos i'm addicted to this lol
Everybody is. Just some people don't like to admit it. >.<
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 15:28   Link #92
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Yea true say

i'm also addicted to one piece now as well
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 20:53   Link #93
Finny
Self Proclaimed Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Finny

good episode, but ended a bit suddenly. shik is getting smarter each episode though, pretty cool. Shouldave ended in at least the beginning of a fight, or something good like that
Old 2004-12-05, 20:58   Link #94
Yujinbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice
You forgot the training with Jiriya? and the talk of blue and red chakra...ringing any bells...naruto fighting clones of himself so that he has 0 normal chakra....then practicing the summon.....yes...no???
No.. you forgot to mention the second part of my post, in which I pointed out that Naruto was neither calm and collected nor in immediate anger/energy-making danger. The conclusion was that perhaps he doesn't have the presence of mind to summon up the Kyuubi chakra.

Or for a less nebulous example: Naruto's chakra wasn't completely depleted at any point in the episode, therefore he didn't get to the point where he might be able to summon the red chakra.
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 21:39   Link #95
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Naruto doesn't have to wait to exhaust all his chakra to use the chakra of the Kyubi, Jiraiya taught him that way because it was easier but the goal was to be able to use the Kyubi's chakra at will.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 22:15   Link #96
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Naruto doesn't have to wait to exhaust all his chakra to use the chakra of the Kyubi, Jiraiya taught him that way because it was easier but the goal was to be able to use the Kyubi's chakra at will.
Thats true, although presently thats the only time he's been able to use it. Naruto could not even use Rasengan while his energey was being rapidly depleted. I don't think he could concentrate enough to get Kyuubi's chakra when he's losing his own chakra at the same time. The only other time I can think of that he wasn't near zero percent chakra was when he used it to fight Kisame and Itachi but he was cloning himself in his spare time before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
ShurikenJay, that's the second post of yours that I have agreed with completely. What's gotten into you? Some folks here don't seem to understand how hard it is to summon Gamabunta, especially for Naruto who has the worst chakra-control ability. Then of course the matter of having a huge chakra storage and blah blah blah blah... Point is, in two occasion Naruto was able to summon the mighty frog because all the required things to summon were in sync with his physical temparament. There is also the stated point about how it will be annoying to see the Giant frog is summoned up even if Naruto steps on dog-crap.

Btw, in case you are wondering, this was the other post that I agreed with completely and surprisingly enough it was devoid of any theories.
I don't know , I guess I've just had a clear head this week. I almost forgot about that thread and it seems noone had an answer for me or the thread, I guess I killed it. When I see people talking about something so blatantly incorrect I've just got to tell them how I see it the best I can.

Last edited by MysticNinjaJay; 2004-12-05 at 22:33.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 23:25   Link #97
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Thats true, although presently thats the only time he's been able to use it. Naruto could not even use Rasengan while his energey was being rapidly depleted. I don't think he could concentrate enough to get Kyuubi's chakra when he's losing his own chakra at the same time. The only other time I can think of that he wasn't near zero percent chakra was when he used it to fight Kisame and Itachi but he was cloning himself in his spare time before that.
Yeah the moment when he did that in front of Itachi and Kisame is a good example especially that the cloning stuff was merely anime filler like all the moment Naruto made plenty of clone for no reason when he didn't fight.
When Naruto succeeded the 2nd step of the Rasengan for the first time it was also drawn as the Kyubi's chakra even if the anime team chose not to show it as they whiped off basically all the moments Naruto got Kyubized since Gaara.

It's true that the fact to be in a place sucking dry his chakra may have play a role into that, but I was just answering to the post above mine
Old 2004-12-06, 00:22   Link #98
Yujinbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
That's the question, though. Can Naruto actually summon the Kyuubi chakra when he's not either under duress or able to concentrate. I guess I either don't remember enough or we don't know enough to really answer that question. I think that it is safe to say that Naruto doesn't have complete control over Kyuubi and his ability to utilize that energy. We don't even know how much Naruto identifies himself with Kyuubi. I just question whether he would have the presence of mind to call on that or even whether it is enough a part of his self image that he would say 'We're caught in a trap that's draining our chakra.. but I can use Kyuubi's chakra to get out of this.' In other words.. I'm not sure that he always remembers that he has the option.

I wonder if relying on Kyuubi for power has some adverse side-effects on Naruto in the same way using the Cursed Seal has adverse side effects for those who have it. Since the name of the game in Naruto seems to be 'rely on yourself, artificial means to power are bad, etc.' Maybe once we get back into story development, Naruto will start relying on Kyuubi too much and become a bit of an unpredictable wild animal himself (in a dangerous way)...
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 07:12   Link #99
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Like I said, there are several moments in the manga since Jiaraiya's training where Naruto uses the chakra of the Kyubi like that and not only under under high emotions like it was the case before.
But it's also true and obvious that Naruto hasn't a perfect control over it and continue to be able to get his really huge boost of chakra only when he's extremely pissed/sad/etc.
As you said, to be able to 'summon' the chakra of the Kyubi and to use it are also two different things, Naruto can have 1000x the amount of chakra of his opponent if not more but he never uses it properly.

About the presence of mind, well it's more about storyline. The simple fact is that we will never see Naruto summoning Gamabunta for bullshit like that (yeah even life or death situation like this one).
It's true that Naruto sucks big time at summoning anyway but the truth is that Gamabunta will not be used against an opponent who wouldn't have the same stature -in power if not in size.

Until Naruto becomes good enough to summon smaller but still useful creatures, the summon no jutsu will not be no use for him during a regular fight.

Quote:
I wonder if relying on Kyuubi for power has some adverse side-effects on Naruto in the same way using the Cursed Seal has adverse side effects for those who have it. Since the name of the game in Naruto seems to be 'rely on yourself, artificial means to power are bad, etc.' Maybe once we get back into story development, Naruto will start relying on Kyuubi too much and become a bit of an unpredictable wild animal himself (in a dangerous way)...
Maybe but for the moment it doesn't seem that the Kyubi can really influence Naruto's behavior, not even as before when using the Kyubi's chakra led him berserk.

I kinda doubt it, as the hero Naruto can have boosts of power from another source than himself with basically no side-effect. That's basically his trademark.
Old 2004-12-06, 09:09   Link #100
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I don't know if using Kyuubi's power will have adverse effects but I do think going Berserk will. Kakashi said Naruto's seal is weakening, only to the point where the chakra leaks into his chakra pool but weakening still means it can be broken. Kyuubi says he wants to devour Naruto and that he detests the seal. I have a feeling Kyuubi is using Naruto at the same time Naruto thinks he's using Kyuubi. The more times he goes beserk possibly means the closer Kyuubi is to freedom. That would be an interesting twist.