AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-07, 00:23   Link #141
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New York
Age: 27
psssssshhhhh...... im in no rush to see Naruto age... i mean that would make Kakashi like what? 29-30? Man.... ::shakes fist:: Been dying to see this part.

Guess you can all tell now that I'm one of those Kakashi fanatics....
__________________


Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Red_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 00:29   Link #142
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Eclipse
psssssshhhhh...... im in no rush to see Naruto age... i mean that would make Kakashi like what? 29-30? Man.... ::shakes fist:: Been dying to see this part.

Guess you can all tell now that I'm one of those Kakashi fanatics....
Your post is practically oozing with Kakashi-fanaticism.

I re-read the chapter 241, and Ive gotta say, its renewed my interest in this gaiden. What's Kakashi going to do now? Is he going to take Obito's word to heart and join him in saving his teammate, or is he going to keep the memory of the circumstances that lead to his father's suicide in mind, and forge ahead and accomplish the mission...good stuff.

On a final note: Obito is pure awesomeness. First, he slugs Kakashi, knocking him down on his ass, then he uses one of the best lines in this series. Hopefully, Kishimoto shows him doing some heroic type-stuff, maybe even outshine Kakashi a little, which seems right since, chances are, he's going to die soon.
__________________

"He who thinks only about himself destroys himself as well." ~ Kambei
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 14:11   Link #143
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Who said anything about years of Kakashi's life? All we know for sure is that this gaiden will show us how he got the Sharingan(and thus, Obito's death as well). There's still a good chance that he'll get it at the end of this mission and that's the end. I don't think anything besides that is really important to the plot, though more info about the Fourth would definitely go a long way.

I don't think he'll get the Sharingan until Oro leaves the village since Oro said he just got it not too long ago. That's why I think the Gaiden would cover a few years of Kakashi's life. Of course, I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
I re-read the chapter 241, and Ive gotta say, its renewed my interest in this gaiden. What's Kakashi going to do now? Is he going to take Obito's word to heart and join him in saving his teammate, or is he going to keep the memory of the circumstances that lead to his father's suicide in mind, and forge ahead and accomplish the mission...good stuff.

On a final note: Obito is pure awesomeness. First, he slugs Kakashi, knocking him down on his ass, then he uses one of the best lines in this series. Hopefully, Kishimoto shows him doing some heroic type-stuff, maybe even outshine Kakashi a little, which seems right since, chances are, he's going to die soon.
Yes! You've been converted to a gaiden lover

Yeah Obito is cool. I like the fact that he doesn't always think following the rules are important.
__________________

// jubilee //
my obsessions
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 16:57   Link #144
Zek
Eyebrows...
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 27
Oro could have left the village already. All we know is that he was turned down for the position of Hokage, that doesn't mean he stuck around for the Fourth to be chosen. During his fight with Sarutobi he said he left the village over 10 years ago(which, if you recall, is the same timeline set for this gaiden on the first page).
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 17:55   Link #145
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
No Zek, Ibiki Morino said that Oro left Konoha after that the 4th was chosen.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 23:24   Link #146
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: USA
::drools:: Kakashiiii...
__________________
Signature removed by a Mod because at 174 pixels tall and with text below - it exceeded the signature size limits. Please read the Forum Rules for further information.
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 00:31   Link #147
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Your post is practically oozing with Kakashi-fanaticism.

I re-read the chapter 241, and Ive gotta say, its renewed my interest in this gaiden. What's Kakashi going to do now? Is he going to take Obito's word to heart and join him in saving his teammate, or is he going to keep the memory of the circumstances that lead to his father's suicide in mind, and forge ahead and accomplish the mission...good stuff.

On a final note: Obito is pure awesomeness. First, he slugs Kakashi, knocking him down on his ass, then he uses one of the best lines in this series. Hopefully, Kishimoto shows him doing some heroic type-stuff, maybe even outshine Kakashi a little, which seems right since, chances are, he's going to die soon.
yes. he will die. hopefully not in the gaiden, for it doesnt quite make sense for kakasihi to be so attached to obito's memory, when it seems that they are not really close now.(in the gaiden)

but on the other hand, it would be shocking to have him die... so either is okay.

i hope for more of the fourth...


gee. hunter is still lord of all that is naruto?
__________________
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 01:16   Link #148
hiko
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
over 10 years ago(which, if you recall, is the same timeline set for this gaiden on the first page).
Kyuubi attacked Konoha over 10yrs ago, so that argument holds no weight. To assume Oro has left the village by the time the Gaiden is set is jumping the gun and tbh it's far more likely that Yondaime hasn't been chosen for Hokage and far more likely that Obito will not be dying by the end of this gaiden.

Honestly, do people seriously believe that Kishimoto is going to:
1: Develop Sasuke and Obito's relationship to the point where they're the very best of friends.
2: Develop Obito's Sharingan from nothing to level 2.
3: Have a fight scene heavy enough to involve at least 2 genin and end wth the fatality of one.
4: See how obito passes on his Sharingan to Kakashi.

All in the space of the three chapters left? What Manga are you reading here? The one I read took god knows how many weeks just to show what happened to Sasuke's family, and that was smack bang in the middle of a fight that took another few chapters to play out . IMO another 6 chapters probably isn't enough for all of the above, by most Mangaka's standards. By Kishimoto's, forget about it.
hiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 01:33   Link #149
Alchemist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiko
Honestly, do people seriously believe that Kishimoto is going to:
1: Develop Sasuke and Obito's relationship to the point where they're the very best of friends.
2: Develop Obito's Sharingan from nothing to level 2.
3: Have a fight scene heavy enough to involve at least 2 genin and end wth the fatality of one.
4: See how obito passes on his Sharingan to Kakashi.

All in the space of the three chapters left? .
Yes.

(well, not 3 chapters... maybe 5 or 6 more. )
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 20:02   Link #150
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiko
Kyuubi attacked Konoha over 10yrs ago, so that argument holds no weight. To assume Oro has left the village by the time the Gaiden is set is jumping the gun and tbh it's far more likely that Yondaime hasn't been chosen for Hokage and far more likely that Obito will not be dying by the end of this gaiden.

Honestly, do people seriously believe that Kishimoto is going to:
1: Develop Sasuke and Obito's relationship to the point where they're the very best of friends.
2: Develop Obito's Sharingan from nothing to level 2.
3: Have a fight scene heavy enough to involve at least 2 genin and end wth the fatality of one.
4: See how obito passes on his Sharingan to Kakashi.

All in the space of the three chapters left? What Manga are you reading here? The one I read took god knows how many weeks just to show what happened to Sasuke's family, and that was smack bang in the middle of a fight that took another few chapters to play out . IMO another 6 chapters probably isn't enough for all of the above, by most Mangaka's standards. By Kishimoto's, forget about it.
Kishimoto's fights are long. Really really long. Too long sometimes. I still think timeskips are a possibility for the gaiden though. I don't believe it'll be as short as 6 chapters, but it won't be very long either. The main character is Naruto afterall .

This place says it'll last 6 more weeks, but not it being 6 chapters in all. Maybe this is where the rumor started. If this is the case, then the gaiden would be about 1 volume.

Hey Hiko, don't you mean Kakashi & not Sasuke? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
No Zek, Ibiki Morino said that Oro left Konoha after that the 4th was chosen.
Oro stormed out in a jealous rage
__________________

// jubilee //
my obsessions

Last edited by jubileerain; 2004-12-08 at 21:02.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 10:40   Link #151
rudycrab
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Alot of people seem to think that Obito is not going to die too soon because he and Kakashi aren't really friends yet, but the whole "I forgot to give you a present, oh wait you can have my eye thing" is just too nice a set up for him not to die soon or at least give up the eye anyways it makes more sense for Kakashi to feel quilt over never resolving their conflict. So I think Obito is one dead bastard.
rudycrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.