AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-11, 15:08   Link #181
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Okay. Cause I just did the +Plus Disc and it was mentioned that his eyes turn blue. I was surprised and wondered if I missed it the first time or if Nasu added it in.

Plus in KnK, they change too.

I'd say wait for the re-make to read it again... but god knows when that will be, haha.
Old 2011-03-11, 15:10   Link #182
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
It is however a bit different. In the case of Ryougi Shiki, we see a visual change, as she can activate and disable her Mystic Eyes of Death Perception at will.
Meanwhile, the change of eye color for Tohno is a result from his bloodline. This is important to note, because Tohno Shiki is stuck with the MEoDP unlike Ryougi, and that Nanaya does -not- inherent this trait, yet has also blue eyes.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 15:22   Link #183
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

It isn't part of Ryougi's bloodline? I thought it was whoever has the trait and "experiences death" gets it.
Old 2011-03-11, 16:15   Link #184
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is however a bit different. In the case of Ryougi Shiki, we see a visual change, as she can activate and disable her Mystic Eyes of Death Perception at will.
Meanwhile, the change of eye color for Tohno is a result from his bloodline. This is important to note, because Tohno Shiki is stuck with the MEoDP unlike Ryougi, and that Nanaya does -not- inherent this trait, yet has also blue eyes.
Ryougi's eyes are always on, just like Tohno's. The change is just for visual interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It isn't part of Ryougi's bloodline? I thought it was whoever has the trait and "experiences death" gets it.
The Ryougi family psychic ability is to to maintain their connection to Akasha as a sort of omnipotent existence and create multiple personalities within themselves.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 16:26   Link #185
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

For some reason, I was pretty certain that Ryougi can control her MEoDP (well, not immediately, as shown in the third KnK movie). Also, a lot of english "documentation" also use "activate" verb *scratches head*.
Ah well, the point is that Tohno obviously need an inhibitor as it is permanently turned on, while it has to be different for Ryougi, to a certain extent.
Old 2011-03-11, 16:43   Link #186
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
For some reason, I was pretty certain that Ryougi can control her MEoDP (well, not immediately, as shown in the third KnK movie). Also, a lot of english "documentation" also use "activate" verb *scratches head*.
Ah well, the point is that Tohno obviously need an inhibitor as it is permanently turned on, while it has to be different for Ryougi, to a certain extent.
A big point was how bad using the eyes were for Tohno. I would expect it to be the same with Ryougi. She didn't complain of headaches or anything.

If they ever do a Tsukhime anime, having a pain relief medicine as commercial would be pretty funny.
Old 2011-03-11, 16:47   Link #187
hoarfrost

As for why she doesn't experience pain, I don't think we're ever given a canon answer. Maybe she's more powerful or just better suited to them than Tohno.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 16:51   Link #188
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
As for why she doesn't experience pain, I don't think we're ever given a canon answer. Maybe she's more powerful or just better suited to them than Tohno.
It makes me wonder if it was a hole or something.

Well, I'll add this to the list of things to ask Nasu after I shake his hand for Akiha & Rin and punching him for Kohaku & Sakura.
Old 2011-03-11, 19:03   Link #189
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

The reason why Ryougi has no trouble to deal with the MEoDP compared to Tohno is because of her true nature (explained in the epilogue of KnK).
The eyes aren't exactly the same, and Ryougi's "understanding" regarding the concept of death and the MEoDP is more advanced than Tohno.

In Tohno's case, it is like he has discovered something new, but his brain cannot compute and goes "overload", like what Arcueid tried to explain.
While Ryougi's nature allow her to understand death, Tohno can't comprehend it completely despite he can see it, it is just "too much for him".
Old 2011-03-11, 19:25   Link #190
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Ahhh.... got ya, got ya.

It's like Nasu makes each protagonist less smart than the previous.
Old 2011-03-11, 20:07   Link #191
Seitsuki
Onee!

Ryougi > Tohno > Shirou

I see what you mean
Old 2011-03-12, 05:51   Link #192
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
And your sig is annoying. I went to quote and next I know I'm at MAL since I missed the button. >.<
Lol Sorry. Fixed.

Quote:
Ahhh.... got ya, got ya.

It's like Nasu makes each protagonist less smart than the previous.
LOL XD
Old 2012-12-13, 10:56   Link #193
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I wonder if this is the right place to post this.

“Tsukihime” Remake Character Key Visuals

My God. They look hotter and cuter.
Old 2012-12-13, 11:32   Link #194
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm not too crazy about Arc (miniskirt? HERESY!), but Akiha and Ciel both look great. I miss Akiha's red skirt though, it suited her better.
Old 2012-12-13, 11:33   Link #195
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I just want confirmation of a Sacchin route in the remake. ._.
Old 2012-12-13, 17:41   Link #196
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not too crazy about Arc (miniskirt? HERESY!)
Her new look would only be unfitting if she had an elegant personality like the Brunestud/Crimson Moon/Archetype:Earth personality inside of her.

Considering how she's pretty much a bubbly ditz in front of Shiki, her new look suits her perfectly.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 17:52   Link #197
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Although Ciel is the character I liked the least, her new design isn't exactly great imho: she gives a "mature but QUIET" impression, while she is pretty much "upbeat" with her senpai persona.

Meanwhile, I can't say if it was a good idea to tone all the colors and presentation that way: the color mood feels way duller in the remake, and I'm sort of worried how Hisui and Kohaku will turn out. Akiha is the prime example of that, as the contrast is dramatically lowered without her white/light blue shirt combined with her red skirt. In fact, it will be quite weird to see V Akiha with that skirt.
Old 2012-12-13, 18:32   Link #198
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

I'm also waiting for Hisui and Kohaku's new designs, but I'm more eager to see Satsuki's. Arcueid looks very cute, Ciel as well and Akiha looks gorgeous.

We have no confirmation about whether the remake will have her Route or not, but according to people who went to the TYPE-MOON FES. (where they showed the PV of the Remake), Sacchin was the first character to appear in it.

Klashikari, I think Vermilion will turn out well. V.Akiha's ending CG from MBAACC has her in an all-black outfit and she looks pretty sexy in it, giving the "femme fatale" vibe.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 20:18   Link #199
Shadow5YA

I may be in the minority here, but I'm actually interested to see Shiki's redesign... or rather, I'm more interested to see whether he has a wardobe containing more than just his blue school uniform.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 22:00   Link #200
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

He had casual clothes in the original VN. They were ugly was hell but he had them.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote