AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-07, 21:01   Link #21
jtjr26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkswy
We all know how deep Shinn's hatred is.I'm sure when he sees Freedom,he would attack the unit madly without any attention to the others.If he goes that far,it is the best way for Kira to fight Impulse before Shinn could harm anyone innocent.However,we still do not know Shinn's potential,so I doubt Kira could beat him easily.Why can't Shinn be stronger than Kira,especially when he believes Kira killed his family?It is very reasonable that Shinn defeats Kira in a true battle.If you think I am wrong,just tell me why.

It would depend on which Kira was fight Shinn. If Psyco(seed) Kira shows up Shinn is toast, but if the Kira who tries to talk Shinn out of a fight and be reasonable he would lose. :fingers:
jtjr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 21:03   Link #22
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vancouver, the one in Canada
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjr26
It would depend on which Kira was fight Shinn. If Psyco(seed) Kira shows up Shinn is toast, but if the Kira who tries to talk Shinn out of a fight and be reasonable he would lose. :fingers:
Please don't say that. Going SEED does not make a character go psycho.
__________________
Murlap
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 21:11   Link #23
sparkswy
Ace Pilot
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong. Heck, I'm rooting for Shinn, IMO he's a better protagonist than Kira.

But Kira has the fanbase on his side..Thus he has the power of plot contrivance. Therefore, he's unbeatable. Of course, if Shinn becomes more popular, then I'm sure things will go the other way.
There are still many fans who don't like Kira.People always love the winner.I think Shinn's beating Kira is the best way for him to earn his own fanbase.If he wins,his supporters will be more and more.I can't believe the author would arrange a losing for Shinn because it could only result a bad effect on the figure of the main character of DESTINY.
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 21:30   Link #24
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vancouver, the one in Canada
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkswy
There are still many fans who don't like Kira.People always love the winner.I think Shinn's beating Kira is the best way for him to earn his own fanbase.If he wins,his supporters will be more and more.I can't believe the author would arrange a losing for Shinn because it could only result a bad effect on the figure of the main character of DESTINY.
Nah, remember how many people started hating Shinn based on the fact that he yelled at Cagalli, even though he had legitimate reasons for doing so, all three times?
__________________
Murlap
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 22:02   Link #25
sparkswy
Ace Pilot
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Nah, remember how many people started hating Shinn based on the fact that he yelled at Cagalli, even though he had legitimate reasons for doing so, all three times?
Kira is the so-called ultimate coordinator.To defeat him is different from yelling at a obviously weak Cagalli.At least I am fond of such a kind of scenario.
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 22:11   Link #26
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vancouver, the one in Canada
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkswy
Kira is the so-called ultimate coordinator.To defeat him is different from yelling at a obviously weak Cagalli.At least I am fond of such a kind of scenario.
True, but my point was that they're both fan-favourites, only God knows why. Which is why the numerous Cagalli fangirls and boys are so offended when an unestablished character lets her have it.

For the same reason, Kira's fanboys and girls will be seriously PO'ed if Shinn were to take him down.

Additionally, being the Ultimate Coordinater doesn't make Kira a god. His only real skills are MS piloting and computer programming.
__________________
Murlap
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 22:52   Link #27
jhcl
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
yep id be pissed off if shinn beats kira.
I think the quicker they kill of shinn and replace him with kira the better.
jhcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 23:10   Link #28
Godtype
Face it.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Okay, obviously there's a severe amnesia among the people who think Shinn could stand a chance against Kira, let's go over what they've shown us: Athrun easily handling Sting and Auel in his Zaku, his aim compared to Shinn's, which is even worse than Rey's, not to mention the fact that Kira was fighting 4 elites' almost exclusively throughout most of GS, as Shinn hasn't even been able to defeat one with a lot more help than Kira had.

At this point, the thought of Shinn beating Kira is laughable. Give me Athrun Vs. Kira if you want a match.
Godtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 23:24   Link #29
Neaco
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
The emotional overload of seeing Freedom and the anger he has towards it will probably cause Shinn to snap and go SEED. It will increase his skills a little but he will not be able to even touch Kira unless Kira lets him. Afterward Shinn better get to practicing on some MS Windams or something to even hope to reach Kira's level.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 23:59   Link #30
Asuka Shinn
Leng Jai
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Kira can definitely beat shinn no doubt about that. the level of exp. between the two is big difference. definitely as of now, shinn can't beat kira. maybe later when the series is over the answer will be more clearer.
Asuka Shinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 00:00   Link #31
sparkswy
Ace Pilot
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
The emotional overload of seeing Freedom and the anger he has towards it will probably cause Shinn to snap and go SEED. It will increase his skills a little but he will not be able to even touch Kira unless Kira lets him. Afterward Shinn better get to practicing on some MS Windams or something to even hope to reach Kira's level.
Going SEED means a person releases his full potentials.So you can't conclude it will increase his skills only a little.I agreed that Shinn needs further practices to acquire more experiences.But as you say,if Shinn reaches Kira's level,why can't he get an upper hand against Kira because of his deep hatred?Hatred is surely a good source of power.
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 00:08   Link #32
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vancouver, the one in Canada
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godtype
Okay, obviously there's a severe amnesia among the people who think Shinn could stand a chance against Kira, let's go over what they've shown us: Athrun easily handling Sting and Auel in his Zaku, his aim compared to Shinn's, which is even worse than Rey's, not to mention the fact that Kira was fighting 4 elites' almost exclusively throughout most of GS, as Shinn hasn't even been able to defeat one with a lot more help than Kira had.

At this point, the thought of Shinn beating Kira is laughable. Give me Athrun Vs. Kira if you want a match.
Shinn's aim is pretty good, I'd say. He was nailing those moving targets just like Athrun.

C'mon Shinn's not that bad, he was kicking the crap out of the three druggies in extreme close-quarters combat.

IMO, Kira's trouncing of the Athrun and Co. is highly overrated. Yeah he did beat them, but you have to consider the circumstances as well. Athrun never wanted to fight Kiral. Yzak was PMSing, so he couldn't pilot at his full effectiveness. Dearka and Nichol, just weren't that great. They didn't function effecively as a team.

However, after Nichol was killed, the ZAFT boys came back with a vengeance, and worked as a team. They downed Mwu, the Archangel, Athrun fought Kira to a draw, and Yzak actually did something.

Anyways, Godtype I do agree Shinn can't touch Kira.
__________________
Murlap
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 00:11   Link #33
sparkswy
Ace Pilot
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godtype
Okay, obviously there's a severe amnesia among the people who think Shinn could stand a chance against Kira, let's go over what they've shown us: Athrun easily handling Sting and Auel in his Zaku, his aim compared to Shinn's, which is even worse than Rey's, not to mention the fact that Kira was fighting 4 elites' almost exclusively throughout most of GS, as Shinn hasn't even been able to defeat one with a lot more help than Kira had.

At this point, the thought of Shinn beating Kira is laughable. Give me Athrun Vs. Kira if you want a match.
Kira had Archangel and Mu's aid,and Athrun had been hesitated to fight him before ep30.Always the situaton was like this:Nichol vs Archangel,Dereak vs Mu,Kira fought Yzak and an unthreatening Athrun.
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 00:17   Link #34
Neaco
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkswy
Going SEED means a person releases his full potentials.So you can't conclude it will increase his skills only a little.I agreed that Shinn needs further practices to acquire more experiences.But as you say,if Shinn reaches Kira's level,why can't he get an upper hand against Kira because of his deep hatred?Hatred is surely a good source of power.
It depends. Anger is Shinn's power just as the desire to protect was Kira's. If he can focus his anger and use it for strength, and then I wouldn't be surprised. That is of course he learns to control it first. Kira being a vetern tho will probably win the first time easily. Later on tho, who knows.

A side note, for some weird reason I keep thinking of the Moby Dick analogy. Surely Shinn's relentless quest to get Freedom at all costs isn't a good thing. Just as Ahab's quest to get the whale that got him before. err. nevermind, I hated that book anyway
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 00:38   Link #35
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vancouver, the one in Canada
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
It depends. Anger is Shinn's power just as the desire to protect was Kira's. If he can focus his anger and use it for strength, and then I wouldn't be surprised. That is of course he learns to control it first. Kira being a vetern tho will probably win the first time easily. Later on tho, who knows.

A side note, for some weird reason I keep thinking of the Moby Dick analogy. Surely Shinn's relentless quest to get Freedom at all costs isn't a good thing. Just as Ahab's quest to get the whale that got him before. err. nevermind, I hated that book anyway
I'd just like to note that Shinn has not embarked on a hate-filled quest of vengeance yet.
__________________
Murlap
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 01:03   Link #36
Neaco
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
the key word is - yet. He seems like the type allright.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 01:07   Link #37
Godtype
Face it.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Shinn's aim is pretty good, I'd say. He was nailing those moving targets just like Athrun.

C'mon Shinn's not that bad, he was kicking the crap out of the three druggies in extreme close-quarters combat.

IMO, Kira's trouncing of the Athrun and Co. is highly overrated. Yeah he did beat them, but you have to consider the circumstances as well. Athrun never wanted to fight Kiral. Yzak was PMSing, so he couldn't pilot at his full effectiveness. Dearka and Nichol, just weren't that great. They didn't function effecively as a team.

However, after Nichol was killed, the ZAFT boys came back with a vengeance, and worked as a team. They downed Mwu, the Archangel, Athrun fought Kira to a draw, and Yzak actually did something.

Anyways, Godtype I do agree Shinn can't touch Kira.
Just like Athrun?

Athrun shot them way faster and always hit the bullseye. His aim isn't even comparable to that of Athruns.
Godtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 01:13   Link #38
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vancouver, the one in Canada
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godtype
Just like Athrun?

Athrun shot them way faster and always hit the bullseye. His aim isn't even comparable to that of Athruns.
Ok, I watched the episode again. I'll agree that he isn't as good as Athrun, yet. However, he's still quite good, the targets aren't as fast, but he's hitting the bullseyes consistently at 17:18 point. Shinn's probably just a few levels below Athrun in terms of shooting.
__________________
Murlap
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 02:08   Link #39
Madell
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
there is no way shinn can beat kira...kira is the best mobile suit pilot out there he beated Rau... the 4 elites of ZAFT and he is "The Ultimate Coordinator"

omg the american Gundam Seed..... Torrii = Birdy !! :@ wtf ??/
Madell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 10:31   Link #40
shiznet
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka Shinn
Kira can definitely beat shinn no doubt about that. the level of exp. between the two is big difference. definitely as of now, shinn can't beat kira. maybe later when the series is over the answer will be more clearer.

right, sans all of that exp, Ultimate Coordinator thing there has been one thing nobody's commented on yet so far...

THE GUNDAM'S THEMSELVES

(i know obviously, duh but i felt it had to be stated...)

FREEDOM VS Impulse? cmon! unlimited nucklear power drive assualt whatever (basically unlimited badass cannon attack/PS armour!) ..vs Shin's Impulse that switches packs like every 20 min to recharge? Kira could just do the (end of the world cannon attack and close his eyes) until shin's impulse is reduced to missing its limbs...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
btw...

ever thought of Meteor + Freedom VS:

Impulse

but more importantly

Meteor + Justice?

so no contest! Kira wins!
shiznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.