AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-11-23, 18:55   Link #21
mja79
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
actually i subbed episodes(5-8) of Ashita no Joe 2 with the same group who subbed the eps (1-4)
too bad the timing of the 6 episode, or maybe all episodes were too bad..
but the group told me that they looking to find any good translators for the 2nd series.
__________________

燃えた・・・燃え尽きた・・・真っ白な灰にな・・・
mja79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 08:27   Link #22
sangofe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post
It's a shame no group wants to sub this series. Specially with the great quality R2 DVDS available.
Someone sub ashita no joe, it deserves to be subbed!
Trust me, there has been done tries to get this subbed, but, for some reason, most people have problems being as motivated for old anime as for the new and shiny stuff.
That is my observation after having been in 2 different attempts to sub ANJ.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 11:53   Link #23
sangofe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Yay, Saizen finally got episode 1 out, translators, please join, as we dont have scripts past episode 5 ^^
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 15:24   Link #24
Hisoka Hajime
City Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Hisoka Hajime
I created this thread over three years ago. If anyone is going to pull through it's Saizen. Right...? Please? Thanks for picking it up.
Hisoka Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 16:18   Link #25
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
That weird anonymous group went up to around episode 30 now. I hope Saizen can catch up and more (maybe even to season 2).

I appreciate the effort of the anonymous fansubber, but the translation quality for that is HORRENDOUS.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 05:14   Link #26
sangofe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
That weird anonymous group went up to around episode 30 now. I hope Saizen can catch up and more (maybe even to season 2).

I appreciate the effort of the anonymous fansubber, but the translation quality for that is HORRENDOUS.
Yes, and I actually e-mailed that guy to ask about how he did that fansub.
Here is the answer:
Quote:
Yes, the translations are from those Rocky Joe dvd ripped subs.

My translations are probably awful. Japanese to Italian to English sounds like a recipe for garbage.

I wouldn't even claim to know Italian; I'm currently learning it (I reside in Florida, work in tourism, etc). I spend a lot of time at wordreference.com to complete these.
As for if we're gonna pull it off, yes, if we get a translator or two
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 06:17   Link #27
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
No wonder. And I thought cross-subbing via Chinese subs were bad.

On another note, the DVD quality is just incredible. Apparently the DVD publisher did some sort of a total remaster and all the film-grain are gone. The colors are ridiculously vibrant compared to the original's wash-out, and they even put CG in there.

It shocked me because I never knew such a high quality remaster of the show was out. Big kudos on the choice of DVD subs.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 08:20   Link #28
sangofe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
No wonder. And I thought cross-subbing via Chinese subs were bad.

On another note, the DVD quality is just incredible. Apparently the DVD publisher did some sort of a total remaster and all the film-grain are gone. The colors are ridiculously vibrant compared to the original's wash-out, and they even put CG in there.

It shocked me because I never knew such a high quality remaster of the show was out. Big kudos on the choice of DVD subs.
I know our encoders did some manual remastering off the source ^^
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 16:13   Link #29
sangofe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Ep 2's out \o/
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 08:02   Link #30
oli
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
nice, i can finally release the R2's dvds subbed, at last!
oli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 08:15   Link #31
sangofe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post
nice, i can finally release the R2's dvds subbed, at last!

Bah, we should have hardsubbed it. Releasing the full dvds kinda sucks, because less people support the anime then.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 08:43   Link #32
oli
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
oh i didn't knew you were against it.
ok, i won't do it then.
oli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 03:49   Link #33
A.M.S.
Saizen
*Fansubber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
On another note, the DVD quality is just incredible. Apparently the DVD publisher did some sort of a total remaster and all the film-grain are gone. The colors are ridiculously vibrant compared to the original's wash-out, and they even put CG in there.

It shocked me because I never knew such a high quality remaster of the show was out. Big kudos on the choice of DVD subs.
Uh... the "remastered" DVD's aren't a very terrific source actually... They were the main reason our/Saizen's first effort at subbing this show many moons ago didn't go so smoothly

Last edited by A.M.S.; 2007-12-25 at 05:39.
A.M.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 13:01   Link #34
sangofe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
The never before fansubbed Ashita no Joe episode 4 is out...!
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 08:50   Link #35
k-profiler
Junior Member
*Fansubber
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 32
Just dropping by to say that you guys are doing an amazing job!

It's about time someone finally gets around translating this masterpiece!

I was actually planning on subbing Joe myself, but looks like my help isn't needed because you guys are doing such a wonderful job!

The quality of your translations is excellent, and as far as I'm concerned, that's just about the only thing that really matters in fansubs :--)

I wish you luck and hope to eventually see you finish the whole series!
k-profiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 12:00   Link #36
sangofe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-profiler View Post
Just dropping by to say that you guys are doing an amazing job!

It's about time someone finally gets around translating this masterpiece!

I was actually planning on subbing Joe myself, but looks like my help isn't needed because you guys are doing such a wonderful job!

The quality of your translations is excellent, and as far as I'm concerned, that's just about the only thing that really matters in fansubs :--)

I wish you luck and hope to eventually see you finish the whole series!
Please check your pm box.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 19:55   Link #37
Area88
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Great to see the episodes are still coming out. You guys rock!

Please release a batch torrent soon
Area88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 08:38   Link #38
sangofe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area88 View Post
Great to see the episodes are still coming out. You guys rock!

Please release a batch torrent soon
I'm not with Saizen anymore, but I don't think that will happen. Ever.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 18:33   Link #39
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Why the HELL has this anime not been completed by a fansub group yet?? The first 9 episodes kick the crap outta most shounen. Will some group please, please step up and provide more subs for all of us who want more ashita no joe.

I mean its almost been 40 years now for crying out loud.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 18:38   Link #40
Strange
Incoherent at best.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I had nothing but manly tears for this series.
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.