AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-20, 12:05   Link #2121
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Just build an Engineering Bay and then a Planar Fortress 8D Then excuse me while I drop 2 Autoturrets in your mineral line.

But honestly the cheesiest strategy is on Scrap Station, build a Barracks and an Engineering Bay, float over with both CC and Barracks to your opponents base, land your CC in the middle of his base and build a Planar Fortress while mining his minerals to build marines from the Barracks. I'm so going to try that one day.
anyone with some brain would just keep one unit below that CC to prevent it from landing to becomes a PF.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 12:55   Link #2122
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I said it was the cheesiest tactic ever, not actually the best Of course you only use it to see the look in their face when CC of doom comes floating their way.
Old 2010-05-20, 13:41   Link #2123
ZeroForever

tvt is so boring atm.... tanks and vikings.... and more tanks and more vikings.... the aoe remake buff made tanks go from average to anti everyother ground unit. A seige tank with good position will rape stick any ground aggression.

Apparently sensor towers only catch the middle of every unit, so while tanks can hit fog units with sensor towers, floating racks due to there huge vision and health are still better in tank wars since tanks units fringe areas can also get hit when the middle isn't in range.
Old 2010-05-20, 16:05   Link #2124
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
tvt is so boring atm.... tanks and vikings.... and more tanks and more vikings.... the aoe remake buff made tanks go from average to anti everyother ground unit. A seige tank with good position will rape stick any ground aggression.

Apparently sensor towers only catch the middle of every unit, so while tanks can hit fog units with sensor towers, floating racks due to there huge vision and health are still better in tank wars since tanks units fringe areas can also get hit when the middle isn't in range.
Zerg has no counter to terran mech. Not since the zerg tank unit, the roach, got heavily nerfed.
The new counter is to try to hold out until Broodlords.
Let's say woot woot to terran mech.(Tanks, Thors, helions)

Last edited by Lostdreams; 2010-05-20 at 17:19.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 16:50   Link #2125
Ithekro
Warning

Good, I always liked working with siege tanks.
Old 2010-05-20, 17:36   Link #2126
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
Zerg has no counter to terran mech. Not since the zerg tank unit, the roach, got heavily nerfed.
The new counter is to try to hold out until Broodlords.
Let's say woot woot to terran mech.(Tanks, Thors, helions)
you can always use zlings, just need lots of them
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 23:06   Link #2127
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

New patch is out.

Some interesting changes.

I cannot fathom why they lowered the cost of Stim Pack though as part of the buff to marines.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 23:18   Link #2128
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Lol, smashing force fields-- that's so random.

Cheaper marine upgrades are nice, but stim pack cost decrease is excessive.

3v3 <3

Interesting overseer ability. Maybe frenzying ultralisks? They do more dmg vs armored, but the lower health still means marauders are gonna melt them.

Void ray nerf is ok; life goes on.\

edit: What is the point of removing copper, and adding diamond. Doesn't that just shift everyone up one?
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 00:13   Link #2129
Who

First thing I thought of when I read that massive units can smash force fields was a "yo momma so fat..." joke. >_>
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 02:12   Link #2130
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The changes are... um, random. I really feel the game is simply moving backwards. Its like they started with starcraft and are migrating to warcraft 3 with all this focus on large units.

Also,
Quote:
Removed identifier from the character naming process and added the ability to refer friends for invitation into your party or lobby.
Apparently mindless whining works. Such a pity. It was such a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
edit: What is the point of removing copper, and adding diamond. Doesn't that just shift everyone up one?
Nobody wants to be in a league called "crap"-er. And I think Diamond is the elite league where you don't get split up.
Old 2010-05-21, 04:22   Link #2131
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Its like they started with starcraft and are migrating to warcraft 3 with all this focus on large units.
Actually it's becoming C&C.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 06:09   Link #2132
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The obvious counter to a load of sieged mech is to burrow some roaches underground and pop them out below the tanks as they will proceed to blow themselves up.

Quote:
StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 13 (version 0.15.0.15449)

General
  • Map Publishing is now enabled: Using the map editor, you can upload your custom maps to share with the Battle.net community.
  • Facebook feature is integrated: Here’s a quick way to expand your social network by seeing who among your existing Facebook friends also has a Battle.net account.
  • 3v3 and 4v4 formats are now enabled.

Numerous updates have been made to the Leagues & Ladders system:
  • Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League.
  • Player ratings start at 0, rather than 1000.
  • No longer displays loading screen odds in placement or practice league matches.
  • Matchmaking system logic updated.
  • UDP is enabled to help improve game performance.
  • Numerous performance and stability improvements.

Balance Changes

PROTOSS

Sentry
Force Fields can now be destroyed by Massive ground units walking over them.

Void Ray
Range decreased from 7 to 6.

Warp Gate
Subgroup selection priority changed from 2 to 3 so that it takes priority over Gateways when selected.

TERRAN

Marine
Stimpack research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
Combat Shield research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

ZERG

Infestor
Infested Terran spell removed.

Frenzy spell added:
  • Costs 25 energy.
  • Targets a single biological unit which deals 25% more damage and is immune to snare, stuns, and mind control for 30 seconds.

Overseer

Contaminate spell added:
  • Costs 75 energy.
  • Targets a single enemy structure which cannot train units or research upgrades for 30 seconds.

Infested Terran spell added:
  • Costs 125 energy.
  • Infested Terrans have the same stats as those previously created by the Infestor and are placed directly under the Overseer when spawned.

Ultralisk
Life decreased from 600 to 450.
Damage changed from 25 to 15 (+25 Armored).
Damage versus structures increased from 60 to 75.

Hotkey Changes (English Only):
  • Zerg Set Worker Rally Point changed from R to G.
  • Zerg Spore Crawler changed from W to A to avoid conflict with the Select All Warp Gates hotkey.

Battle.net Interface
  • Revamped summary pages for player Profiles and Leagues & Ladders.
  • Added a Help system with tech trees and other tips and tricks.
  • Removed identifier from the character naming process and added the ability to refer friends for invitation into your party or lobby.
  • Updated the Battle.net user interface to consistently use a nested menu system.
  • Added in-game blocking and player muting.
As a terran I love the lowered cost of stimpack and shields <3 Hell yeah for the range reduce on those annoying Void Rays. Don't really know what to say about zerg.
Old 2010-05-21, 10:02   Link #2133
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
The obvious counter to a load of sieged mech is to burrow some roaches underground and pop them out below the tanks as they will proceed to blow themselves up.

As a terran I love the lowered cost of stimpack and shields <3 Hell yeah for the range reduce on those annoying Void Rays. Don't really know what to say about zerg.
That really doesn't work well because all the good Terran players incorporate some Ravens in their armies. Point Defense is just amazing.
Old 2010-05-21, 12:59   Link #2134
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
That really doesn't work well because all the good Terran players incorporate some Ravens in their armies. Point Defense is just amazing.
Can PD even block Void Ray's beam? IMO, it is not even a missile attack. More like an constant ray beam.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 13:27   Link #2135
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yup . News .

There'll be 2 Korean Version .

1st version for 18+ = Original Version for all

2nd version for 12+ = Lol version for kiddo .

"StarCraft 2, expected to be released in the second half of this year, has received an Age 12 rating from the Korean Game Rating Board.

Blizzard had submitted StarCraft 2, currently undergoing beta testing, for review on May 7, but it received a rating of "Unsuitable for Minors." In response, Blizzard submitted a version with the offending elements adjusted on May 11.

The new version excludes scenes with smoking and vulgar language from the videos displayed during the single-player campaign. Blood that appears during gameplay has been recolored black.

According to Blizzard, "Since StarCraft 2 was originally developed to be a game adolescents could enjoy, we're very pleased with the Game Rating Board's decision. ... In the remaining time until StarCraft 2 goes on sale, we'll do our best to continue to perfect the game so that even more fans can enjoy it."

Blizzard also stated that discussion was ongoing on whether StarCraft 2 should be released in separate versions for adults and adolescents. At the moment, there is the possibility that Blizzard will release only the age 12 version, but they may also decide to release both versions"

Yummy black blood
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 14:00   Link #2136
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

In a game like Sc those things like the blood and stuff don't really matter. The more people there are in battle.net the merrier.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 14:01   Link #2137
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
Can PD even block Void Ray's beam? IMO, it is not even a missile attack. More like an constant ray beam.
PDD only blocks projectiles you can see coming out, such as Stalker beams, Banshee missiles, Hydralisk spines, etc.
Old 2010-05-21, 14:44   Link #2138
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Well, time to check out the zerg next patch. I've been trying them lately , but ever since the roach castration-- can't win a game with em to save my life.
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2010-05-21 at 15:21.
Old 2010-05-21, 17:14   Link #2139
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Release date:

July 27, 2010

http://us.starcraft2.com/splash-launch7.xml

i'm getting myself wet .. only 2 more months .. guess now will be a good time to tell the boss i will be taking some time off like 3 weeks or so from july 27
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 21:04   Link #2140
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Ok, wtf is this shit? Patch 13 friends list, you can only add by:

Entering an email address
Right clicking them on the score screen
Adding them via facebook

What the hell? Why can't I just add them by screen name? I don't want to give out facebook or my email to my online sc friends. I can't even invite them to a game (and thus add them after the game) because they're not on my friends list.

So this is completely retarded, because now you're basically stuck with adding with people that you have played against, and basically people you know in real life (I'm willing to give my sc2 sn out to randoms but not any of the other things.)

And when you add them, it shows their real name. Privacy plz?? They spent all the time adding facebook features, but can't get features that were in the original game right. Oh ffs...

I seriously hope it's just a mistake.
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Tags
blizzard, rts, starcraft, windows