AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 08:26   Link #7661
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
LOL i didn't expect to laugh so hard at that. That was on 9gag? XD

You know when you're really screwed? When you're facing a team of all-random players and they all have the same avatar.
I don't fear that. They are always weak to 5-min pushes. Unless of course, one of your teammates decides to go noobships.

Come to think of it, earlier this week, I made a fool of myself in front of my colleagues when one of the ladies is talking about learning either Japanese or Korean. I told her that Korean is easier to learn because they have the 24-alphabet system, whereas Japanese has a wide range of kana. She asked if I liked watching K-drama or I was a K-pop fan and hence I knew that, I replied "Neither. I play Starcraft.".

And I got blank stares.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 08:38   Link #7662
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't fear that. They are always weak to 5-min pushes. Unless of course, one of your teammates decides to go noobships.

Come to think of it, earlier this week, I made a fool of myself in front of my colleagues when one of the ladies is talking about learning either Japanese or Korean. I told her that Korean is easier to learn because they have the 24-alphabet system, whereas Japanese has a wide range of kana. She asked if I liked watching K-drama or I was a K-pop fan and hence I knew that, I replied "Neither. I play Starcraft.".

And I got blank stares.
Those same-avatar guys always 5 minute proxy me And I play team randoms, so I always have one retarded player on my team who plays like it's a 1v1 macro game. Can't hold that off unless your team is totally synchronized on timing.

Lol smooth one there

I'd say Japanese is a first, it seems more practical. There's a lotta japanese things that I wish I could read/understand. Like my friend bought me an alarm clock that I never used cause it was just sooo weird and unlike any alarm clock I've used and the instructions was Japanese only, and all the cool internet stuff are in japanese , and games.

---
On a similar topic, I'm slightly disappointed that Tastosis aren't taking some serious time learning korean. They are in korea for so long and constantly casting korean games, why not learn the language?
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 09:34   Link #7663
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Those same-avatar guys always 5 minute proxy me And I play team randoms, so I always have one retarded player on my team who plays like it's a 1v1 macro game. Can't hold that off unless your team is totally synchronized on timing.
I got alot of garbage teams lately, and just now I finally won 1 match out of 5. Everytime there HAS to be 1 toss that goes noobships DIRECTLY and get the rest of us annihilated.

Quote:
On a similar topic, I'm slightly disappointed that Tastosis aren't taking some serious time learning korean. They are in korea for so long and constantly casting korean games, why not learn the language?
In order to learn Korean as a Starcraft player, you have to play like a Korean first.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-03-30, 11:02   Link #7664
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Haven't played a team game for the longest time, terrible players who pigeon hole into a single unit makes me rage too hard.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=323846
This shows how much better the korean casters are over all the major foreign casters. They are both insightful, and also adds excitement into the game. Back in the early days of beta day9 does some higher level commentary, but these days he just "recite" what is going on in the game - possibly afraid of being incorrect or read too deeply into the game?

Some casters, such as moletrap, JP, and DJ wheat, despite having casted to many games in the past just does not seem to acquire any knowledge of how certain timing works.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 13:21   Link #7665
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Their live commentaries are much worse than at-home pre-recorded vods. As for insightful, yes day9 really lost his touch. I don't look to casters for high level commentary anymore. It's mostly for comedy/bullshitting.

I think there's a cultural difference. Whether it's korean, chinese or japanese, their commercials have such exaggerated and artificial enthusiasm compared to western commercials. It's much harder for English-speaking casters to bring that kind of excitement when the western cultures just don't show that. I mean the sports on TV often have these casters with boring monotone voices.
Old 2012-03-30, 13:46   Link #7666
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Unimpressed Flash Becomes New Meme

Old 2012-03-30, 18:59   Link #7667
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Damn it, I've spent 3 hours already reading them T.T Some are pretty damn hilarious.
Old 2012-04-03, 23:54   Link #7668
Alaya
Counter Force

So will anyone go to Vegas this weekend? I am really jealous of those who have money and time to spend T T.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 00:58   Link #7669
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Apparently the amount of people who wanted cheap rooms surprised Cosmopolitan.
No time and $, but I plan to get the HD for $5.
Old 2012-04-04, 01:01   Link #7670
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
So will anyone go to Vegas this weekend? I am really jealous of those who have money and time to spend T T.
I'm getting a free ride there.

Hopefully I'll get back in time Monday afternoon since I have to present a project...
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 02:50   Link #7671
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Old 2012-04-06, 17:49   Link #7672
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

MVP did not show up for his IPL open bracket games...... wtf???
Old 2012-04-07, 21:30   Link #7673
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I am curious if the crowd is able to get blizzard to add save games/lan to sc2 eventually: both Mike and Dustin is there.
Old 2012-04-07, 21:46   Link #7674
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I am curious if the crowd is able to get blizzard to add save games/lan to sc2 eventually: both Mike and Dustin is there.
Dustin Browder's reaction:
http://i.imgur.com/Cprz1.jpg
Old 2012-04-07, 22:27   Link #7675
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I actually wanted MKP to lose. I don't think the DCed game should be a re-game. Bomber held his 1 base well and just failed to base trade efficiently. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to win.
Old 2012-04-07, 22:48   Link #7676
paladinenvec

Yeah i wanted Bomber to win but oh well...
And MKP will face Curious i wonder if the last one is in a good mental stability after losing to Stephano.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 23:07   Link #7677
Who

Well, that was... anti-climatic to say the least.

After Bomber, I already knew the outcome. I guess the only reason I kept watching for the bio splitting. I feel pretty bad for ST. They tilted so hard after the re-game decision...
Old 2012-04-07, 23:13   Link #7678
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Yes... medivacs are very powerful units. Game 1 vs parting parting was able to feedback the two initial medivacs, which really helped. Game 2 he was not able to do the same.

Squirtle missed some of his FFs vs MKP's all in.
Curious did not punish MKP's very greedy double expo. Once terran gets an upgrade advantage and 12 medivacs in the air. With decent spread lingbane infestor just wouldn't be able to do much damage (medivacs outheal the fungal and all FG can do is root units for banes to kill somewhat inefficiently).
Old 2012-04-08, 13:40   Link #7679
paladinenvec

MKP vs MMA: MKP just ROFLstomp MMA it wasn't even entertaining lol xD
Watching: Stephano vs Bomber c'mon Stephano You're awesome btw this is the link for korean stream.- http://sv.twitch.tv/ignproleague3
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 14:04   Link #7680
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I feel that a good part of MKP's dominance has to do with his excellent micro in combination of early timing attacks which either wins him the game or allow him to gain a solid advantage.

I am watching http://www.ign.com/ipl/tv?screens=ig...&f=starcraft-2 with dual screen.

Stephano is quite deadly! At the same time its kind of sad to see both Bomber and Polt lose their matches. Bomber could have possibly done better with that push: maybe a little bit on the greedy side.

Tags
blizzard, rts, starcraft, windows