AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-16, 11:05   Link #8101
Skane
Anime Snark

I probably shouldn't have played on Normal for the campaign, because the later missions essentially became F2 followed by A+LMB.

"Attacking the Taldarim is pointless, we need to target the temples."
"Are you kidding me?!" *curb-stomp EVERYTHING*

I mean, seriously... after all the custom unit evolutions, your Zerg are essentially 3 million Spartans...

Natch.
Old 2013-03-16, 15:32   Link #8102
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I'm gonna ask to get this straight:

Y'need the mothership core/mothership with the army -- in order to mass recall back to a nexus. Am I right?

If so, then I screwed myself up by thinking it's the other way -- where the core stays home and recall can be done remotely (like an Arbiter).
Yeah the recall is like the town portal in WC3. Grubby is gonna love it.

The MS core is such an amazing addition to the protoss race: its photon overcharge ability combined with recall and the fact that its an air unit accessible after the cyber core makes protoss so much more diversified early game: You can play a little greedier at the start, you can push with your slow units without the worry about base trades, you can harass or scout...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:44   Link #8103
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Yeah the recall is like the town portal in WC3. Grubby is gonna love it.
Funny thing is... I lost an army thinking it worked like an Arbiter.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:45   Link #8104
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I probably shouldn't have played on Normal for the campaign, because the later missions essentially became F2 followed by A+LMB.

I mean, seriously... after all the custom unit evolutions, your Zerg are essentially 3 million Spartans...

Natch.
Why don't you try Brutal.

Okay guys, I will be on in 8 hours, so if anyone wants a good ol' FFA, be on then.

I think most of you have my IGN already.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 17:34   Link #8105
Xacual
The color of a Hero

I really want to try playing with some of you, but I'm pretty sure I'll be annihilated.

Also damn the game for coming out the week before Finals.
Old 2013-03-16, 19:42   Link #8106
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:

Natch.
Yeah, those missions in Normal difficult were just rofl-stomping.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 19:47   Link #8107
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

lol the elite AI knows how to base trade with me.

I got to give it credit that it got a ton smarter than the WoL one: they have landed some epic fungals which annihilated my bio army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I really want to try playing with some of you, but I'm pretty sure I'll be annihilated.

Also damn the game for coming out the week before Finals.

I think a lot of us are still out of shape.
Old 2013-03-16, 21:07   Link #8108
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Yeah, a lot of us are out of shape. Even I am after practicing with Zerg for 2 months before HotS released. I'm a perfectionist, and getting the perfect timing and things on my Zerg swarm is a necessity on my consciousness. If you get around to joining the ASuki clan, we'll most likely drag you into 4v4 or something.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 22:30   Link #8109
Who

No one's ever on. The one time someone was on, I had to leave right after.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 01:11   Link #8110
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

There are around 7 on right now, usually it is Ying, Kyuu, me and iceman. I am going out for lunch now.

Be right back in 2 hours.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-17, 01:23   Link #8111
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Yeah, a lot of us are out of shape. Even I am after practicing with Zerg for 2 months before HotS released. I'm a perfectionist, and getting the perfect timing and things on my Zerg swarm is a necessity on my consciousness. If you get around to joining the ASuki clan, we'll most likely drag you into 4v4 or something.
You literally have to practice on a daily business but we all have lives here so that's impossible.

On that matter I'm not sure why but I keep lagging when even playing a one on one with the AI.

I lowered my settings just to check it out but I'm still getting it now and then. Is there no way to simply play off line?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 02:05   Link #8112
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Zergling Ressurrection works better with Raptors than Swarmlings. Swarmlings are basically a panic button to keep on hand if they hit your base while you're knocking on their door.
I figured that out, but didn't have access to that upgrade when I chose the evolution. However, it worked out since I made like a billion zerglings then got 10 every 30 seconds as they were so weak.
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 02:11   Link #8113
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
I figured that out, but didn't have access to that upgrade when I chose the evolution. However, it worked out since I made like a billion zerglings then got 10 every 30 seconds as they were so weak.
I picked Raptors and regretted it .. after I found out about the baneling multiplier move! Oh man, instant zerglings into banelings that then multiply..
Old 2013-03-17, 02:54   Link #8114
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

good thing you can change upgrades in HotS.

I never found lings all that useful beside the flesh freeze mission. They are too fragile on higher difficulties and their low base dmg (but high atk spd) is bad vs enemies who are highly upgraded in the campaign.

Lings are usually used to clean up buildings after my kerrigan decimated the defenders of a base at the start of the game. The final mission comes into mind as getting the Odin achievement can be somewhat time sensitive in its own way.

I went for instant lings for reinfocements as I attack or when I am in a pinch... free lings seem rather weak when compared to the other talents at that level...
Old 2013-03-17, 05:19   Link #8115
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Global play spoiled everything. I am so elated that I made it into Gold, then I realised that with Global Play, Diamond, Masters and Grandmasters are probably made up of 99% Koreans.

Global Play should be restricted to "Rest of the world other than Koreans".

Old 2013-03-17, 09:50   Link #8116
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Global play spoiled everything. I am so elated that I made it into Gold, then I realised that with Global Play, Diamond, Masters and Grandmasters are probably made up of 99% Koreans.

AFAIK they screwed up a little and made it "Rest of the world other than Chinese" .
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 11:37   Link #8117
Skane
Anime Snark

Eh? I guess I'm in the minority that uses Raptorlings then. Their mobility is what made me choose them. They're the perfect cannon-fodder that leap at enemies to shoot them first while my extended-range Hydralisks and other units deal the real damage. Towards the end of the campaign, it was pretty common for me to just select all my Hatcheries, press S and then hold down Z.

It really prolonged the life of my Hydralisks when there are dozens of zerglings gnawing you and screeching at you to shoot them first.

Natch.
Old 2013-03-17, 11:49   Link #8118
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Eh? I guess I'm in the minority that uses Raptorlings then.
The more mobile the lings are... the better.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 13:34   Link #8119
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Global play only means you can access the Kr/Eu/Sea ladders without having to buy a localized version. If anything the pros would all flood the Kr ladders leaving the NA ladder to be the easiest one.
Old 2013-03-17, 14:36   Link #8120
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
The more mobile the lings are... the better.
There, fixed it for you ..

Tags
blizzard, rts, starcraft, windows