AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-12-09, 22:47   Link #1
ohtori_akio
Gold Saint of Pisces

Which Saint Seiya Gold Saint is your favourite and why?

Mine is Aphrodite of Pisces. Originally that was because he was the most hated but after watching the series again, he is truly an interesting character. He was also the only one who was true to his cause until the end no matter how evil it was.
ohtori_akio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 07:38   Link #2
Budi

Send a message via ICQ to Budi
Mine is Aoria of Leo. Maybe because I like his personality/character and he's hot too.
Budi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 17:28   Link #3
ohtori_akio
Gold Saint of Pisces

I think he's hot too but they all are except for Aldebaran, Shura and Deathmask... If I were to choose the hottest one, i'd have to go Aoria too I think. Anyways Budi, I'm from Melbourne too. How did you get into Saint Seiya since they don't show it here?
Old 2004-12-12, 08:25   Link #4
Budi

Send a message via ICQ to Budi
Umm...because I'm an overseas student living in Melb.

Saint Seiya was one of my very first anime that I watched. It's quite popular back home (Indonesia).
Budi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 11:30   Link #5
DarkLordDragon
Lord Of Darkness

Send a message via MSN to DarkLordDragon
Wow I am so glad to see some new Saint Seiya's fans around, for sure Saint Seiya is my favorite anime, you can tell by my avatar, as for my favorite Gold Saint it's obivious! He is none other than Saga

Gemini Saga, my favorite Saint Seiya's character and my favorite Gold Saint... Saga is one of the strongest and greatest Gold Saint of all time... Saga story is very deep and intresting, having two personalities in one body, being possed by the dark and evil powers which droves him mad which caused many troubles in the Sanctuary... His good personality was a very sad since he is one of the most loyal Saints to Athena and will do anything for her sake even sacrificing himself for her... But again his bad personality will do anything to destroy Athena and to be the only supreme ruler of the universe, but Saga's good personality was strong enough to take control at the last minutes and sacrificing himself to stop these evil works... That was kinda sad really, not to forget his amazing and cool personality in Saint Seiya Hades which he played there a very big role as if he is the main character... Saga has many strong attacks and he has one of my favorite attacks of all time which named Galaxian Explosion" which may cause the destruction of the galaxies as it was said in Episode G which proves how strong is this attack can be... Not to forget the others attack that Saga use such as Another Dimension which tear the space apart, and take the opponent in a different dimension... One of the most thing I like about Saga is the design of the character, a vcery cool cloth and an amazing hair style which I never seen before someone who have the same style... As for his voice, well Saga's voice was played by one of the greatest Japanese actor and he is none other than Okiayu Ryoutarou, of course Ryoutarou is my favorite voice actor along with Takehito... Also Saga is a very smart fighter, he can sense what the opponent may do, and he also have a very strong cosmo which can sense the power of the attacks even if it's a very far away, Saga is a cold fighter who thinks before doing any actions, that's why he is one of the greatest Gold Saints... In my opinion, Saga has the best personality in Saint Seiya, that's maybe why I like him the most...

Honestly I like the Gold Saints all of them, even Death Mask and Aldebaran, some people thinks it's only because I am a big fan of that anime, it's really not, I hate some characters in this anime I don't like the Bronze Saints as much as the Gold...
"To your Lord On That Day Shall Be The Driving"
"Does Man Think That He Will Be Left Uncontrolled"

DarkLordDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 12:32   Link #6
Azulet

tough call, I like
-Libra's clothes (many many weapons, woohoo!)
-Virgo's gorgeous hair
-Pisces' beautiful face
-Leo's courage
-Aries's kindness
They all have something cool about them. By the way, I don't know their names because I haven't seen the English versions. My experience of SS comes from bad Chinese dub eps and Chinese manga. sad, I know. haha.
I'm in the US now so I guess I should check out the DVDs. hm...

anywhere to get good SS pics? I should make some avatars and signatures, too.
Azulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 14:17   Link #7
ohtori_akio
Gold Saint of Pisces

I agree with you DarkLordDragon, Saga is a very well developed character. Another one is Aquarius Camus, who is very popular in France. Hope we get to see the end of Hades soon.

And azulet, the best place I know to find great Saint Seiya images is this one http://www.tuttomanga.com/marcoalbie...eiyapinup.html The images are just fan art I think but they are of a great quality. A few of these images though are yaoi light so you've been warmed!!!! Hope you like the page.
Old 2004-12-12, 14:43   Link #8
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
Hmmm..so hard to pick just one. I'll have to go with Shaka and Douko though. Shaka seems to have the overall highest amount of wisdom out of all the Saints, that I have seen so far at least. Also the crippling nature of his attacks is somehow very satisfying...loved the fight he had with the 3 fallen saints in hades chapter. As far as Douko goes, well...he's the oldest living saint....incredibly powerful, and the teacher of one of my favorite bronze saints, Shiryu. Of course, I still have much to see what with hope that Episode G comes around, as well as continutations of the hades, heaven, etc arcs...SO i guess its up in the air until its all over.
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 12:18   Link #9
Azulet

http://www.tuttomanga.com/marcoalbie...seiyagods.html
Are any of these official? The pics are gorgeous but I don't recognize any of them?
thanks for the link by the way, I found really nice pics. yay
Azulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:17   Link #10
ohtori_akio
Gold Saint of Pisces

I don't think they're official. That's probably why I like that website so much. They are all drawn by the guy whose name is in the link Marco Albiero. I think he must be a big fan too. Those images are really amazing and so well detailed!!!! Glad you liked them.
Old 2004-12-19, 18:15   Link #11
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Shaka of Virgo is my favourite Gold Saint (and my favourite out of all characters in SS). One of the main reason why he is my favourite is because he is the most philosophical of all the Saints, with many of his wisdoms deeply rooted in Buddhism. I admire his attitude and his grace in dealing with his adversaries. I'll write a description of him:

Guardian of the sixth house in the Sanctuary, Shaka of Virgo is known among all the Saints as "the man closest to the Gods". His reputation comes not only from his powers but equally from his wisdoms. His attitude is always calm, graceful and rational, even in facing his enemies. His wisdom is deeply rooted in the teaching of Buddhism, and he often gives a chance for his enemies to realize the errors of their ways before resorting to the use of his powers.

In terms of fighting techniques, he seems to possess a lot more than any other Saint:
  • Riku Dou Rin Ne (The Route of 6 Worlds) - Shaka can send the soul of the enemy through the 6 worlds of Samsara, which is based from the philosophy of Buddhism. First seen used against the Bronze Saints.
  • Ten Ma Kou Huku (Capitulation of the Demon) - Shaka concerns his cosmo into an energy ray in which he can freely project onto his enengy, even across vast distances.
  • Tenkuuaja Chimimoryu (Invocaciónde the spirits of the good and badly) - Shaka summons spirits from a different world to destroy his opponent(s) in a single attack.
  • Kahn (Om) - A defensive technique which can either turn his opponent's attack against his (as seen with Shun's nebula chain) or act as a static shield. It can stop his cosmo from flowing outside this shield and was able to withstand the simultaneous attacks of Excalibur, Diamond Dust, and Galaxian Explosion.
  • Ten Bu Hou Rin (Treasure of the Sky) - One of Shaka's greatest attack, it can simultaneously attack multiple opponents at once. Once executed, the technique takes away his opponent(s)'s five senses and eventually his sixth sense.
  • Illusion - Shaka can create illusions across vast distances that can even mentally attack his opponents with them.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 01:40   Link #12
ohtori_akio
Gold Saint of Pisces

They're all good reasons but you forgot one all the fangirls ALWAYS say to me. That he's hot too!!!!! LOL
Old 2004-12-20, 16:10   Link #13
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

My favorite Gold Saint is Milo He is cool, and he has a very noble spirit. He is very powerful as well. I liked how milo saved the hyogas life back in the fight of the 12 temples, and how he tested Kanons spirit in the hades ovas.

And here are some VERY nice pictures of saint seiya. They are very well detailed.

Here is a sample

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...highlight=milo

Check them out
Old 2004-12-30, 11:15   Link #14
squidflakes
Tamer of the Tentacles

Send a message via AIM to squidflakes Send a message via Yahoo to squidflakes
Hi!

I just joined this forum that I found while hunting up info on Shaka.

I have been lucky enough to be cast as Shaka in the ADV dub of the series, and I really want to do the character justice.

Thank you Sepiraph for your description of the character, that really helps set the tone I'm going to use.

Any input on this character is greatly apprecated.
squidflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 13:31   Link #15
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidflakes
Hi!

I have been lucky enough to be cast as Shaka in the ADV dub of the series, and I really want to do the character justice.

Thank you Sepiraph for your description of the character, that really helps set the tone I'm going to use.

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Well, in such case let me tell you something about him since I am the #1 Saint Seiya freak it will be really easy for me to explain to you how this character is:

He is very confident.

He speaks mostly in parables.

His tone of voice is very calm and serene. Shaka never yells or over reacts.

Hi always says something profound and deep. He never talks when it is not necessary.

Hi never smiles or adopts a friendly or unfriendly tone of voice. He does not show any emotion.

That's about it. However for more info I STRONGLY suggest downloading the Saint Seiya Hades ovas via bittorrent from www.animesuki.com there are like 5 episodes with Shaka in them.

PS. Do you know how well are the ADV dvds of saint seiya selling? Are they popular enough in the US?

Good luck
Old 2004-12-31, 01:24   Link #16
ohtori_akio
Gold Saint of Pisces

You're so lucky to be playing Shaka in Saint Seiya!!!! He is one of the best characters but he seems like a challenging one to play. Sugetsu is right about everything he said in how you should interprete Shaka however also think of this. During his battle against the Bronze Saints he subtlely talks down to them; much like all the Gold Saints do. The difference is that he does not overpower them in his tone. He is calm and just a little bit arrogant, like he thinks he knows better than them. Hope that helps. I'm sure you will do great. Good Luck and please let us know how you go.
Old 2005-01-03, 23:57   Link #17
Ariesmu

Smile

Quote:
Hi!

Really? Wow, you are so lucky.

To add to Sugetsu and ohtori_akio, Shaka speaks as if he is a god and the bronze saints opposing him are demons from hell. He is so confident that he represents all the justice in the world and he looks down on his enemies.
The only time he raises his voice is when he opens his eyes (for the final attack).

Good luck!
Ariesmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 11:24   Link #18
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Quote:
Hi!

Wow, that's awesome!

An important piece of information that I left out is that Shaka is also said to be the reincarnation of Buddha (even the name Shaka comes from Shaka Nyorai, the name of Buddha himself. When Buddhism arrived in Japan in the 6th and 7th centuries AD via Korea and China, Siddhartha became known in Japan as the "Shaka" or as "Sakyamuni," which means "Sage of the Shaka Clan" (his actual birth clan)).

Anyhow, glad to be of service, good luck in your portrayal of Shaka and I'll look forward to seeing (hearing) it!
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote