AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-12, 05:43   Link #1
anjeltear

any quality fighting anime

hi,

just asking for any unlicensed series that involve any type of fighting, whether by sword, martial arts or guns. also interested in special powers. some of my favourites include kenshin, noir, cowboy bebop, getbackers, x, and read or die tv. i know it's pretty broad, so any suggestions are welcome. i'm also not interested in anything like dragonball z or naruto.

thank you
Old 2004-12-14, 13:33   Link #2
Qlash

Send a message via ICQ to Qlash Send a message via MSN to Qlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjeltear
hi,

just asking for any unlicensed series that involve any type of fighting, whether by sword, martial arts or guns. also interested in special powers. some of my favourites include kenshin, noir, cowboy bebop, getbackers, x, and read or die tv. i know it's pretty broad, so any suggestions are welcome. i'm also not interested in anything like dragonball z or naruto.

thank you
I think you'd love Scryed Lot's of fighting, and a good story, and got special powers in it that could be something like in GetBackers. Check it out

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3...kb,scryed.html

*Edit* Sorry didn't see that you asked for unlicensed anime, I think this one is licensed by Bandai Entertainment.
Old 2004-12-15, 07:34   Link #3
Sadaharu
The Greater Being

Send a message via AIM to Sadaharu Send a message via MSN to Sadaharu
unlicensed..

im not sure of many unlicenced ones.. but there is one in particular that comes to mind given your list.. try airmaster.. it has tons of very good hand-to-hand combat.. another one on animesuki is hunter x hunter.. but thats a little closer to naruto.. nothing like dbz though in my opinion.. as for licenced anime if you have any way possible of getting it.. definately check out trigun and berserk.. they are both amazing.
Old 2004-12-15, 09:26   Link #4
swordsaint
God of Sword

Check out Samurai Champloo, Condor Hero, Bleach,The Hakkenden *if you could find it on dvd to buy.
Old 2004-12-15, 11:19   Link #5
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
I would say S.Cry.ed and airmaster as well, but both are licenced. for unliscenced..well the following are gunna be released with edits so they may as well be considered unliscenced (although not in terms of listed here)...check out Konjiki no Gash Bell and One Piece
Old 2004-12-15, 19:19   Link #6
denden2k
Super Cool And Super Sexy

Send a message via AIM to denden2k
Tenjou Tenge ... Dunno if its licenced or not... Its a good fighting anime but its only the first of three sets...

Get Backer, Scryed, and Air MAster?? dunno are they good? which one is the best?
Old 2004-12-15, 20:34   Link #7
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

I would say those 3 are about equal, but Airmaster has hands down the BEST fights of any show...it is held bck by some annoying characters and takes a while before it gets REALLY good. people usually give up on it early and miss out on some of the best fights EVER.

The final fight in S.Cry.ed is one of the best FINAL fights ever, everything has been building up to that moment, it's as epic as Char Aznable VS Amuro Ray in MSG:CCA

GetBackers has Midou ban, someone on par with Killua Zaoldyeck and Gutts in terms of badass-ness. It doesn't finish things off, though, you'll have to read the manga for that.
Old 2004-12-15, 21:36   Link #8
Ebichuman
Ebichu Transform!

Samurai Champloo is a good one, not sure if its licensed or not though. Hunter x Hunter is pretty good, but it shows signs of DBZitis
Old 2004-12-16, 10:58   Link #9
JoeStoppable
I'm Unstoppable

Send a message via AIM to JoeStoppable
Samurai Champloo is an obvious choice.

I would say Naruto but yah its way too long to just get started right now.

Airmaster is good but watch out for a girl named Renge. Most annoying character EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love noir so you might as well watch that again and again and again. I think i've watched noir like 10 times. cant beat noir in action
Old 2004-12-16, 18:50   Link #10
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjeltear
hi,

thank you
Hunter X Hunter is good. I mean great.
Old 2004-12-16, 21:28   Link #11
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeStoppable
Samurai Champloo is an obvious choice.

I would say Naruto but yah its way too long to just get started right now.

Airmaster is good but watch out for a girl named Renge. Most annoying character EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love noir so you might as well watch that again and again and again. I think i've watched noir like 10 times. cant beat noir in action
Sir, I believe you misspelt pretentiousness as action! LOL!

Not to say noir is really BAD.... >_>

I love Hunter X Hunter too BTW.
Old 2004-12-17, 09:55   Link #12
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Samurai CHAMPLOO and AIRMASTER got licencesed i saw Samurai Champloo in the OFFICAL PLAYSTATION MAGIZNE and they said it was comin to DVD