AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-12-10, 15:08   Link #1
arzme

"NAT Checking" disable?

Lately i realised that whenever i d/l from website which has "NAT checking" disable, i would get lousy speed (abt 0 to 3 kB/s). Normally, i could d/l with speed of up to 60kB/s on other fan-sub website.

Anyway that i can configure bit-torrent for this kind of case for website that has "NAT checking" disable so that my d/l speed went back to normal?

I'm running on Win XP. internal firewall disable, zonealarm is configure to let bit torrent to access internet & be a server, using usb ADSL (512) to connect to internet. I'm using shadow as bit torrent client.

Whenever the site is "NAT checking" disable, the status icon for the shadow will remain yellow and there are none remote peer that i can connect too. All connect to local.
arzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 19:56   Link #2
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by arzme
Lately i realised that whenever i d/l from website which has "NAT checking" disable, i would get lousy speed (abt 0 to 3 kB/s). Normally, i could d/l with speed of up to 60kB/s on other fan-sub website.

Anyway that i can configure bit-torrent for this kind of case for website that has "NAT checking" disable so that my d/l speed went back to normal?

I'm running on Win XP. internal firewall disable, zonealarm is configure to let bit torrent to access internet & be a server, using usb ADSL (512) to connect to internet. I'm using shadow as bit torrent client.

Whenever the site is "NAT checking" disable, the status icon for the shadow will remain yellow and there are none remote peer that i can connect too. All connect to local.
If you are using the free version of ZoneAlarm, then you shoud quit ZoneAlarm when using BitTorrent. Even though you set BitTorrent to act both as a client and server, ZoneAlarm free version will still block your ports 6881 to 6889, preventing you from detecting and connecting to remote peers, resulting in a slower download speed.

If you are using ZoneAlarm Pro version (not free), then you can go Firewall --> Main tab --> Internet Zone Security --> Custom button. Then Put a checkmark in the box labelled Allow incoming TCP ports, and specify 6881-6889. Keep in mind that this only works for ZoneAlarm Pro version, not the free version.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Sour-Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 22:35   Link #3
arzme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour-Do
If you are using the free version of ZoneAlarm, then you shoud quit ZoneAlarm when using BitTorrent. Even though you set BitTorrent to act both as a client and server, ZoneAlarm free version will still block your ports 6881 to 6889, preventing you from detecting and connecting to remote peers, resulting in a slower download speed.

If you are using ZoneAlarm Pro version (not free), then you can go Firewall --> Main tab --> Internet Zone Security --> Custom button. Then Put a checkmark in the box labelled Allow incoming TCP ports, and specify 6881-6889. Keep in mind that this only works for ZoneAlarm Pro version, not the free version.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!

Yes, i did even tried uninstall zonealarm and yet the problem still remain. I can't get good d/l speed whenever the website tracker is indicating "NAT checking" disable. Why is this is so?
arzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 23:19   Link #4
Esperchld
Photographer

interesting I have never run into this problem using Zone Alarm free version.
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 06:09   Link #5
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by arzme
Yes, i did even tried uninstall zonealarm and yet the problem still remain. I can't get good d/l speed whenever the website tracker is indicating "NAT checking" disable. Why is this is so?
Sorry, I don't know. Could you give me an example torrent?

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Sour-Do is offline   Reply With Quote