AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-13, 07:22   Link #1
Tri-Klops
Evil Warrior

[GSD] Orange Zaku Pilot ( who? )

I havn't seen a topic of this been posted yet but since this could of been mention in other topics I guess I will start this on another thread.

Spoiler:
Tri-Klops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 08:20   Link #2
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

I believe she's called:
Spoiler:
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 09:07   Link #3
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

The girl you're looking at is Shiho and there are several topics where she's talked about, no indication that she's the orange zaku's pilot yet. Another theory has been a brother of Miguel's piloting it since Miguel's old GINN was orange.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 09:37   Link #4
brightman
Ancient Member

I really don't think it matters. Zaku Phantoms have no standard colors so its not surprising to find them in all kinds of different colors. So the orange one for all intends and purposes is just another one of them.

Of course, somewhere along the line they'll probably feature the orange Zaku Phantom on Destiny Astray or something... So until then...
Old 2004-12-13, 11:02   Link #5
Riyan
Wrath Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
The girl you're looking at is Shiho and there are several topics where she's talked about, no indication that she's the orange zaku's pilot yet. Another theory has been a brother of Miguel's piloting it since Miguel's old GINN was orange.
His old Ginn was what? when was this?
Riyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 11:28   Link #6
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyan
His old Ginn was what? when was this?
Miguel had his own custom GiNN that was a somewhat upgraded version of the standard GiNN. It was orange, and it had the name "Defrock" on it, which is actually the name of T.M. Revolution's clothing line in Japan. It was temporarily put out of commission thanks to Gai of the Serpent Tail in Gundam SEED Astray, and Klueze asked Miguel to go into battle with a normal GiNN for the time being, which proved to be his downfall.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 18:02   Link #7
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
i think he'll still get killed by kira even with his upgraded GINN
Old 2004-12-13, 18:09   Link #8
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0
i think he'll still get killed by kira even with his upgraded GINN
That's debateable.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 18:15   Link #9
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
That's debateable.
u have a pt...but they'll probably kill him anyways just to show kira off
Old 2004-12-13, 18:32   Link #10
sarcasteak
WAHA~

There was a purple Zaku Phantom, too...just that it didn't kick ass like the orange one did.
Old 2004-12-13, 18:50   Link #11
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
There was a purple Zaku Phantom, too...just that it didn't kick ass like the orange one did.
Better hance of Shiho piloting that one, I believe her CGUE DEEP Arms was purple.
Old 2004-12-13, 18:51   Link #12
MikeMania

but wasnt the orange zaku shot into the torso near the ending of the episode? either that or there was simply many of them, and they are just of higher rank.
MikeMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 18:52   Link #13
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
It was a ZAKU Warrior, not a Phantom. It only had one shoulder shield. Just because it has a Blaze pack, doesn't make it a Phantom. Athrun used a Warrior with a Blaze pack.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:13   Link #14
h22chen

The orange Zaku didn't get shot down, I believe it was a normal (green) Zaku Warrior (in the middle of the episode or something) that got the beam in the torso.
h22chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:37   Link #15
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
It was a ZAKU Warrior, not a Phantom. It only had one shoulder shield. Just because it has a Blaze pack, doesn't make it a Phantom. Athrun used a Warrior with a Blaze pack.
Ehh? I clearly see two. Of course, without the antenna and close-up, it's hard to tell, but I see two shoulder shields so I assumed it was a Phantom.

You are probably using the first shot as reference, but from that angle the orange one's second shoulder shield was blocked, too.

sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 20:28   Link #16
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

As small as the shots in those first two pictures are you can barely tell that it's a ZAKU let alone what type.
Old 2004-12-13, 20:49   Link #17
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
As small as the shots in those first two pictures are you can barely tell that it's a ZAKU let alone what type.
Then let me blow 'em up for ya.

It looks obvious to me that the thing sticking out on its right side is a shoulder shield. You sounded quite affirmative that it was a Zaku Warrior based on the number of its shoulder shield, and I offered you screenshots which suggest otherwise. But hey, it really doesn't matter WHAT it is, so if you still want to say it's a Warrior, go ahead. I'm still saying it's a Phantom based on what I see.
Old 2004-12-14, 00:18   Link #18
Esper 28
Akira

Yeah, Schera, I'm gonna have to concur Sarcasteak. Perhaps my screenshot is a little more clearer...

And I'd like to think only ace pilots get to color their suits any special color. Of course, there are exceptions...Lunamaria, whose my favorite character so far in Destiny, has a ZAKU Warrior. But she must be a special case 'cause not even Deakka got a custom color scheme. While I know Buster sported green, he could've at least gotten a different shade or something for him stick out.

But yeah, I really wanna learn more about that orange mobile suit. And now that this purple one has been brought to light, I'm curious about it as well. Honestly, I missed the purple suit entirely when I originally watched the episode.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 00:30   Link #19
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
And I'd like to think only ace pilots get to color their suits any special color. Of course, there are exceptions...Lunamaria, whose my favorite character so far in Destiny, has a ZAKU Warrior. But she must be a special case 'cause not even Deakka got a custom color scheme. While I know Buster sported green, he could've at least gotten a different shade or something for him stick out.

But yeah, I really wanna learn more about that orange mobile suit. And now that this purple one has been brought to light, I'm curious about it as well. Honestly, I missed the purple suit entirely when I originally watched the episode.
The idea of custom paint jobs dates back to WWI, and the introduction of aerial warfare. Ace pilots, that is pilots that had accumulated 5 confirmed kills, were given the option to apply a custom paint job to their planes. ie. The Red Baron had a red paint job, and British ace pilot Albert Ball had red spinners on his plane.

Anyways to cut my rant short, I think Luna (I am infering that she is an ace pilot), the orange Zaku pilot, and the Purple Zaku pilot, took the option to paint their Zakus, and Dearka, for whatever reason, left it standard.
Old 2004-12-14, 00:36   Link #20
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Ok, I was wrong, it's a Phantom. The majority of the time with ZAKUs people call a Warrior a Phantom based on only the presence of a Blaze pack. I thought that this was a similar case and I was wrong.

Or, Rax, it's just that any red or white uniformed personnel may choose the color of their suit. That stipulation would rule out Dearka as he is an ace but no longer wears the red uniform. However, it's a dubious argument since Miguel was allowed to have a custom colored GINN and he wasn't a red uniformer. Perhaps Dearka wasn't allowed to wear the red uniform or use a custom color scheme as a form of punishment for defecting to the Three Ship Alliance. The subject hasn't been broached in any official capacity though.