AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Resharing Requests

Notices

Old 2003-12-10, 16:01   Link #1
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

dead tracker for Raimuiro Senkitan 6 + 7. Who changes that?

??????????????????????
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 17:32   Link #2
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

dead tracker for Raimuiro Senkitan 6+7. Who fixes that?

???????????????????????
Old 2003-12-10, 18:11   Link #3
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Hummm...Please don't be offended if/when you don't get an answer to your question -- because quite frankly you don't make it easy to understand what you want? What exactly are you asking? Who changes/fixes what -- the torrent, the tracker, the listing or something else? Please be a little more detailed in your posts... and we'll see if we can help.

Also; you don't need to post it more than once...
Old 2004-03-04, 18:24   Link #4
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Good Gracious! I'm not offended at all! On the contrary, I'm thrilled that someone responded. The problem is that I'm not sure of the process by which these torrents become available or who takes responsibility for them.

Here's my story:

I purchased the Raimuiro Senkitan series from a guy in Malaysia who sent me 1 wrong DVD of 2 leaving me without eps 1-8. So I went looking for them elsewhere.

I successfully snagged eps 1-3 and 8 leaving me 4-7 to get. AnimeSuki lists these torrents as available from ANBU and AonE. These links lead to a place called Gotwoot network version 2.02. I got portions of these torrents (99.4% of ep 4!).

http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[ANBU-AonE]_Raimuiro_Senkitan_04_[1091226E].avi.torrent

http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[ANBU-AonE]_Raimuiro_Senkitan_05_[83CC4CB6].avi.torrent

http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[ANBU-AonE]_Raimuiro_Senkitan_06_[73790905].avi.torrent

http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[ANBU-AonE]_Raimuiro_Senkitan_07_[8B764B5E].avi.torrent

The response I get now is "Your browser was not able to open this site". They're gone. Who puts them up? Who takes them away? How can I contact them?Someone out there has these rare and unpopular episodes and is willing to share. Who is ANBU? Who is Gotwoot? Who is AnimeSuki?

If you've the patience, I'd love to understand the process.
Old 2004-03-04, 19:32   Link #5
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Hummm...

Ok... lets give you a very general run down...
  • A company in Japan makes an anime show. The anime show airs on TV in Japan or is released on video in Japan. Someone buys or records a copy of the show and produces a RAW video (no subtitles) Fan subbing groups (like ANBU and AnimeOne) take the RAW video and subtitle it.
    See the ANBU link for a short list of what fansubbing involves.
  • The video, now with the subtitles, is then released onto the Internet.
    Often this starts via IRC and moves on to other systems like WinMX and BitTorrent.
    • To make a torrent available the group needs a "tracker", that is a site that brings peers together to enable them to download from / upload to each other.
    • Trackers are run by various different people; take ScaryWater, for example -- it hosts torrents for a lot of different groups.
    • The group members make torrent files using a tool provided with BitTorrent and upload them to the server.
    • You can then download them and the whole "BitTorrent" process starts
    Look in the download forum for "sticky" posts with details on how this works.
  • Suffice to say, when the torrents are made available, AnimeSuki finds them and adds them to its lists. Periodically AnimeSuki contacts the server tracking the torrents and updates its statistics to reflect how many people are downloading. These stats can fluctuate, new releases often build up numbers of downloaders quickly and then slowly the numbers drop as most people have the files. If the number of "seeds" drops to zero, you may not be able to get the file anymore. Which is where the reshare request forum comes into play. If the torrent is nearly dead and you would like to download it, try posting in the Resharing Forum (here) -- people are normally willing to help out by seeding. (Read the Download Forum sticky posts to find out more about what a seed is).
  • Normally though, you click on the links, download the torrent files and use BitTorrent to acquire the subbed anime. Occasionally though, we stop listing the show because it has become inactive. This means the torrent isn't online anymore or the tracker no longer tracks it... either way we stop listing it because people can't use it to download anymore.
  • Hopefully the show is eventually licensed for English language distribution. When this happens we stop listing the show. ... Even later still the show finds its way on to English speaking TV channels or DVDs; at which point if you liked the show and watched it you buy the DVDs. Money from the DVDs / TV showings etc goes to pay for the license, which in turn goes back to the people making the anime so they can make more. and so on..

For more information on AnimeSuki have a look at The Ultimate Guide to AnimeSuki. For up-to-date information on shows that have just been subbed or lists of subbing groups online, check out EnviroSphere. For information on different anime shows, check the links on one of our series list pages. Places like AnimeNFO and AniDB have information on what the show is about and who is subbing it. Different sites have different bits of information, some more up-to-date than others. If there is anything you don't understand or want more info on, reply or join us on our IRC channel.

Hope that helps

~NightWish

Umm I think I went a little over the top with this post, meh... sorry if you know most of it already

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-03-04 at 20:05. Reason: Some formatting etc.. ^^;
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 08:21   Link #6
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Thank you so much for your wonderful and complete explanation! You should FAQ that post so you don't have to say it again.

Given that information, I gather that:

the torrent is fine but unavailable
the tracker is dead
the listing is out of date

and my original post should have been:

"Please reseed Raimuiro Senkitan 4,5,6,7"

I should think I could also contact ANBU and Gotwoot as they both certainly still have what I need and just no longer find it profitable to continue distribution of these items.
Old 2004-03-05, 08:39   Link #7
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker
I should think I could also contact ANBU and Gotwoot as they both certainly still have what I need and just no longer find it profitable
Profitable is probably a bad word to use , as they don't (shouldn't) be making any profit . I think I understand what you mean though. Normally torrents go because people don't have the resources to host them when they've been hosting them for a long time; they need to make room for newer torrents they are releasing.

the tracker is dead
Probably not this as we would have problems with other torrents on the same tracker -- also if AnimeSuki can't contact the tracker you will get warning marks (that you can click on for more info ) listed next to the torrents; as per the first torrent on the Raimuiro page

Could be -- we've had problems. However if the mirror page says it is up to date it normally is.

Not for for 5, 6 and 7 as they are available; they just don't have anyone seeding them. The torrent for 4 however is missing and unavailable.

Given the fact 4 is not available here, I should point out that you would want to say: "Please reseed Raimuiro Senkitan 5, 6, 7". You can't ask someone to re-seed 4 because we don't have the torrent anymore . You would need to go to ANUB's website / IRC channel to find ways to get it. That or check Peer-2-Peer networks.
Old 2004-03-05, 09:08   Link #8
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Not to overly bother you, but you seem both gregarious and available.

I don't see the difference between the situation of 4 and that of 5,6,7 other than 4 no longer appears on the AnimeSuki site.

All of them take me to the Gotwoot site which lists the torrents of all of them. Clicking on all of them gives a "no such page" message.

I should think that if the torrent was available and merely unseeded then Torrent would open up and I would sit waiting as I did for months waiting for piece 232 of 232 of ep 4.

Thanks for the good advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Profitable is probably a bad word to use , as they don't (shouldn't) be making any profit . I think I understand what you mean though. Normally torrents go because people don't have the resources to host them when they've been hosting them for a long time; they need to make room for newer torrents they are releasing.

the tracker is dead
Probably not this as we would have problems with other torrents on the same tracker -- also if AnimeSuki can't contact the tracker you will get warning marks (that you can click on for more info ) listed next to the torrents; as per the first torrent on the Raimuiro page

Could be -- we've had problems. However if the mirror page says it is up to date it normally is.

Not for for 5, 6 and 7 as they are available; they just don't have anyone seeding them. The torrent for 4 however is missing and unavailable.

Given the fact 4 is not available here, I should point out that you would want to say: "Please reseed Raimuiro Senkitan 5, 6, 7". You can't ask someone to re-seed 4 because we don't have the torrent anymore . You would need to go to ANUB's website / IRC channel to find ways to get it. That or check Peer-2-Peer networks.
Old 2004-03-05, 09:18   Link #9
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Lightbulb

I should have checked the links before commenting .. it would appear that none of them are available, they just haven't been unlisted yet -- chances are they might soon go inactive (i.e. the tracker stops tracking them). I assume GotWoot has removed them because they stopped working or they needed the space.

In which case we can't help and a re-sharing request won't work. Why GotWoot left the links I don't know... might be worth asking them. Until the torrents can be downloaded again you're a little stuck

Edit: By the way, if you have all except "piece 232 of 232", you can probably watch the video as it is ... you might get one or two glitches but it should be watchable