AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-15, 00:34   Link #1
roguenoir
Rogue Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
[GS] Did Flay love Kira in the beginning?

I'm only halfway done with the series so plz no spoilers!

Anyways, it seems in the beginning, Flay was exploiting Kira's vulnerable heart and couldn't really like him because he was a coordinator. However, as this went on, she seems to have grown more attached to him and shows clear signs of jealousy when Cagalli is around. It may also be possible that she does love Kira but still insists on using him.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 00:54   Link #2
kikko_s
What's in a name....?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: wherever i am
Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
I'm only halfway done with the series so plz no spoilers!

Anyways, it seems in the beginning, Flay was exploiting Kira's vulnerable heart and couldn't really like him because he was a coordinator. However, as this went on, she seems to have grown more attached to him and shows clear signs of jealousy when Cagalli is around. It may also be possible that she does love Kira but still insists on using him.
It's not possible to be in love and to manipulate someone at the same time. Love is about sacrifice for the benefit of one you love, not personal desire. You should just come up with your own opinion about her once you see the whole show.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 00:54   Link #3
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sidewalk
How do you want me to answer this? Because technically, it is a spoiler if I said yes she did eventually come to love him even though she keeps insisting she's using him?

Its actually very sad...sad...sad...sad.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 01:11   Link #4
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Short and sweet answer: no.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 01:44   Link #5
K'9999
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
Short and sweet answer: no.
But at the end, yes.
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 01:50   Link #6
AngelicFeather
AnGel's fEaTheRs
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SoMeWheRe oN eaRtH =P
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx
How do you want me to answer this? Because technically, it is a spoiler if I said yes she did eventually come to love him even though she keeps insisting she's using him?

Its actually very sad...sad...sad...sad.
Like she said, if u are asking this qns the ans will be a spoiler itself, coz most of us already finished SEED already. Still its a yes in the end for mi.
AngelicFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 02:39   Link #7
ryogax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicFeather
Like she said, if u are asking this qns the ans will be a spoiler itself, coz most of us already finished SEED already. Still its a yes in the end for mi.
oh well might as well spoiled it for ya!


Spoiler for read it if you want:
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 06:52   Link #8
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s
It's not possible to be in love and to manipulate someone at the same time. Love is about sacrifice for the benefit of one you love, not personal desire. You should just come up with your own opinion about her once you see the whole show.
...You know, I don't quite think this kind of love exists anymore....
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 08:18   Link #9
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Hmm... Flay DID consider Kira to be different from other Coordinators in the beginning (before her father died) and didn't really hate him like she hated other Coordinators. I'm not sure if that indicates any romantic feeling though.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 08:54   Link #10
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
this is becoming a bit tedious now, I'll just say that you should just go watch the end of episode 32 (which is IMO the BEST and most beautiful part of the entire series) and pay attention and decide for yourself.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 10:45   Link #11
Godtype
Face it.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
She loved Kira all along, she just used the death of her father as some sick reason to throw herself at him.

Godtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 20:54   Link #12
jhcl
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
oh well might as well spoiled it for ya!


Spoiler for read it if you want:

if i recall krueze actually thought it was azrael in the ship...thats why he fired on it
jhcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 21:01   Link #13
ironbomb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 28
WEll if u made this thread, wut u expect us to say? Its a spoiler no matter wut.
But i think at the beginning, flay only used kira to get the job done, which is to kill the coordinators.(this all happens after flay see's his father die) But after flay heard that kira is dead, u saw how she wanted to be with sai once again(btw wut happened to him, he not in destiny >.<). But, Jealousy is a sign of love, so at some point of manipulating/using kira or push kira to do his job, she started to like him. So at the end i would say she liked him.
ironbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 01:40   Link #14
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s
It's not possible to be in love and to manipulate someone at the same time. Love is about sacrifice for the benefit of one you love, not personal desire. You should just come up with your own opinion about her once you see the whole show.
But that's the fairy tale way of seeing things.

A relationship isn't that shallow all the time (in real life anyway), and what Fllay felt for Kira was pretty complex. She manipulated, hated, and loved Kira all at the same time. I thought that alone was pretty obvious.

And with the events of Gundam Seed, I can easily see how she felt about Kira. It's just that Fllay lost most of her angst when the series was coming to its final episodes.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 12:49   Link #15
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Fllay, single handedly the most complex character in Gundam Seed. No one even comes close.

But the ans to your qns is 'unlikely and possibly no'
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 14:53   Link #16
Demon-Hunter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
I'm only halfway done with the series so plz no spoilers!

Anyways, it seems in the beginning, Flay was exploiting Kira's vulnerable heart and couldn't really like him because he was a coordinator. However, as this went on, she seems to have grown more attached to him and shows clear signs of jealousy when Cagalli is around. It may also be possible that she does love Kira but still insists on using him.
well its a little bit more complicated then that.

First of all, Flay couldn't really control kira. Kira was going to fight the coordinators to protect the archangel, /w or w/o Flay.

It can be argued that Flay gave kira a sort of emotional support. Which helped him get through that whole situation. SOme people argue that w/o Flays support Kira would have died fighting the Issac and the others back in episode 15 or a few more afterwards.

Therefore, Flay didn't manipulate jack, The ONLY person who gained something out of it was Kira since he fought harder. Therefore instead of manipulating Kira she ended up helping him.

As for her Loving Kira, no she didn't love him at first. She thought she was manipulating him. Then she slowly realised that she indeed had started to love him.

I won't go into details when or how this will heppen but know this though. that their relationship at the end of the series will be very touching IF, u can get past the whole "OMG OMG FLAY IS A MANIPULATIVE WHORE, SHE NEEDS TO DIE!!!1111!!!!"
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 14:56   Link #17
Demon-Hunter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s
It's not possible to be in love and to manipulate someone at the same time. Love is about sacrifice for the benefit of one you love, not personal desire. You should just come up with your own opinion about her once you see the whole show.
Thats a very NAIVE understanding of love.

A relationship is not that only white and black, where u either have love or betrayal/manipulation
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 14:59   Link #18
Demon-Hunter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Ok i hate to triple post but guys plz...

DO NOT POST SPOILERS.

DO NOT SAY WHEN OR WHERE OR WHATNOT CHANGES BETWEEN KIRA AND FLAY.

IF, by some unworldly reason u feel u want to act smart here and start posting about whats happanes between them at the end at least USE THE DAMN spoiler tags

Auel and K'9999 , this goes for u guys
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 23:44   Link #19
liujeffqi
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
What the hack you guys up there talking about ????
FLAY LOVes kira...... that sounds so not right...... in the end she just felt sorry about Using kira and trying to control him. that is alll......... i didn't see she show any kind of love to kira at all!!!!
liujeffqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 01:31   Link #20
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vancouver, the one in Canada
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by liujeffqi
What the hack you guys up there talking about ????
FLAY LOVes kira...... that sounds so not right...... in the end she just felt sorry about Using kira and trying to control him. that is alll......... i didn't see she show any kind of love to kira at all!!!!
Spoiler:
__________________
Murlap
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.