AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-15, 02:58   Link #1
Darkness Calls
Don't enter the light...

Talking Interested in samurai and ninja anime

How's it going? I'm new to this forum and before it seems like I'm spamming I'll get to the point.

I'm looking for a new anime to watch and recently I've been watching shows like Naruto, Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7, Rurouni Kenshin, the Samurai X OVAs and the movie Blood: The Last Vampire. I know that these anime range in realism and in content but I can't really put my finger on why I seem to like them except for the fact that they all have ninjas and swords and stuff like that. Another thing that might help out in trying to select a specific suggestion is that I also like Cowboy Bebop because of the attention to detail on the artwork and also the story line which seems to weave multiple characters together. I was wondering if you could give me a suggestion as to a anime I should check out?

Last edited by Darkness Calls; 2004-12-15 at 03:02. Reason: additions
Old 2004-12-15, 04:54   Link #2
DrewGSR

Samurai Deep Kyo
Shura no Toki - Its not really ninja or samurai but he uses hand to hand combat to kick a bunch of samurai and ninjas asses tho.
Beserk - not really samurai but e owned people with his sword

Similar shows you may like
Hunter X Hunter
Bleach
Inuyasha
Old 2004-12-15, 07:27   Link #3
Sadaharu
The Greater Being

Send a message via AIM to Sadaharu Send a message via MSN to Sadaharu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
Samurai Deep Kyo
Shura no Toki - Its not really ninja or samurai but he uses hand to hand combat to kick a bunch of samurai and ninjas asses tho.
Beserk - not really samurai but e owned people with his sword

Similar shows you may like
Hunter X Hunter
Bleach
Inuyasha
i agree completely with those suggestions.. they are all very good animes.. i especially liked hunter x hunter and berserk. also if you're into hand-to-hand combat.. also check out airmaster.. it has some great fighting.. besides those i dont really know of anymore samurai/ninja series' but if you liked cowboy bebop i suggest to try trigun.. its licensed though, so unless you buy/rent it you're probably out of luck.. it was one of the first animes i saw.. and im not sure of others opinions but i found something about it similar to cowboy bebop.. anyways good luck on your search

thought of a couple movies i missed.. check out ninja scroll and princess mononoke.. they also play into the whole ninja/samurai fighting style in certain ways.
Old 2004-12-15, 13:34   Link #4
Darkness Calls
Don't enter the light...

thanks

Thanks for the suggestions...

I've already watched all of Trigun. I have the DVD set of that along with Cowboy Bebop. I've watched alot of the Inuyasha eps but I don't really seem to like the story behind it for some reason or the english voice overs. Also I've watched Princess Mononoke and Ninja Scroll.

I downloaded Bleach 1-10 last night and I've played through 1-3 and found it to be pretty good so far.

I'll check out Hunter X Hunter, Samurai Deep Kyo and Berserk as well when I get the chance. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 2004-12-15, 13:41   Link #5
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Peace Maker Kurogane
Ninja Scroll
Scryed- no samurai or ninjas, but very cool fighting anime
Closed Thread