AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-16, 14:18   Link #1
KojiroHyuga

great sport / comedy anime =? any suggestions

Hi
i really enjoyed to watch Hajime no IppO, Prince Of Tennis....

especially i love Hajime no Ippo. I need an Anime like that it, at some passages i laughed so much, maybe you know which scenes i mean

and i also would like to know if there are others sportanimes in general which are worth to be seen. i already watched, HajimenoIppo, Tsubasa,Wildstriker, Prince of tennis,slamdunk,dearboys.

thanks for help
Old 2004-12-16, 15:09   Link #2
Budweineken
Crap

you can try Whistle... another soccer anime...
Hikaru no Go... some people call it sport anime, it's a board game...
Initial D.... street car racing....
Old 2004-12-16, 15:12   Link #3
hooliganj
Team Player

If you liked Hajime no Ippo that much, you should definitely get yourself a copy of Ashita no Joe. Touch and H2 are both classic baseball series that are being digisubbed right now. I finally got around to finishing Princess Nine last week and found that to be a pretty good show. Also, if you don't mind a couple of old one-episode OVAs, Bewitching Nozumi and One Pound Gospel were both pretty entertaining stories about boxing.
Old 2004-12-16, 16:05   Link #4
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

You can also try Wild Striker and Captain Tsubasa. A little lame IMO but has some comedy mixed in.
Old 2004-12-16, 17:34   Link #5
domino
デレデレ

My favorite sport anime/comedy combination is Eyeshield 21. It's about a highschool football club and it's probably the funniest manga I've ever read because of a character named Hiruma who's some random football-playing elf who swears a LOT and likes to blow things up. It's AWESOME. (I read it with scanlations, but I think the manga was recently licensed...)

But there's only one episode of this anime out so far (the Jump Festa episode). However, in 2005 it will be released as a TV series, so keep an eye out for it. It's great.
Old 2004-12-16, 18:53   Link #6
UserName

Well I suggest you read the manga versions of Ippo and Slam Dunk if you are into manga, they are much much longer(Ippo is currently in volume 70 and still going strong... ). Slam Dunk anime also ends in a few episodes of filler and doesn't show the Inter High Championship at all which is one of the best parts and it also has an actual conclusion though it could very well have gone on.

Hikaru no Go and Inital D which both have been mentioned are great series. THough not sure if you would conisder them sports.

I also heard Ashita no Joe is good, though I've only seen 1 episode.
Old 2004-12-16, 19:26   Link #7
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

How about Battle Athletess?
It's about sport and als has some comedic value
Closed Thread