AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-30, 21:44   Link #441
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
what are you basing it off of?

i base my opinions off highway performance, mountain driving, track racing performance, autocross, and rallyx, all of which i compete in or do on a daily basis. please tell me...what are your opinions based on.

Im getting a Vielside track spoiler...jdm baller yo
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 22:45   Link #442
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
my poor car is just getting more and more ragged each day. Poor thing. I finally washed it Sunday and I'll wash it again before Import Alliance 2008 Fall (Nov 9). Needs an oil change, new spark plugs, wires, cap+rotor, timing belt, water pump etc. Well I'm not too sure about the timing belt and water pump but not knowing much of it's history prior to my ownership is what's prompting me to change it all. Just need money first.
__________________
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 02:09   Link #443
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
what are you basing it off of?

i base my opinions off highway performance, mountain driving, track racing performance, autocross, and rallyx, all of which i compete in or do on a daily basis. please tell me...what are your opinions based on.

Im getting a Vielside track spoiler...jdm baller yo
I base it off what I see happen. It's not unheard of too see ricers get blown too shit on a straight away. For the sake of not making this thread like every one ever made, let it die. QUIT BEATING THIS DEAD HORSE.
edit: sound like your car needs some TLC, treat her right^
__________________

NOM NOM NOM
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 11:58   Link #444
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Boy Techy View Post
my poor car is just getting more and more ragged each day. Poor thing. I finally washed it Sunday and I'll wash it again before Import Alliance 2008 Fall (Nov 9). Needs an oil change, new spark plugs, wires, cap+rotor, timing belt, water pump etc. Well I'm not too sure about the timing belt and water pump but not knowing much of it's history prior to my ownership is what's prompting me to change it all. Just need money first.

SWAP SWAP SWAP SWAP SWAP

IT's the thing to do when honda's are having engine troube

did you just suggest my car is rice ?
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 13:38   Link #445
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
did you just suggest my car is rice ?
my car is rice ?
rice
I have no fucking clue what you drive, at all.
__________________

NOM NOM NOM
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 13:58   Link #446
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
a jdm swapped v2 STI

just sold my na-t Sc300
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 14:46   Link #447
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
SWAP SWAP SWAP SWAP SWAP

IT's the thing to do when honda's are having engine troube

did you just suggest my car is rice ?
It does have a swap. A B16A2 out of an EM1 (about 105,xxx miles on the motor and 157,xxx on the chassis). It just needs maintenance but the body/chassis is especially ragged. I rescued the car about 2 years ago from neglect. In it's past 2 owners ago, it had been riced out and abused. The previous owner tried to de-rice it but he's in a band (Paramore) and couldn't take care of it. He and his dad had left it at my mechanic's for some reason and never picked it up. It sat there for 2 months and my dad and I talked to the guy's dad (he was on tour) and he sold it to us. It's been an ongoing project since then but I don't have much money to spend on it so it's mostly just minor repairs here and there. Up next is a tune up then a fresh set of rubber (I'm thinkin BF Goodrich G-Force Super Sport).
__________________
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 15:38   Link #448
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Boy Techy View Post
It does have a swap. A B16A2 out of an EM1 (about 105,xxx miles on the motor and 157,xxx on the chassis). It just needs maintenance but the body/chassis is especially ragged. I rescued the car about 2 years ago from neglect. In it's past 2 owners ago, it had been riced out and abused. The previous owner tried to de-rice it but he's in a band (Paramore) and couldn't take care of it. He and his dad had left it at my mechanic's for some reason and never picked it up. It sat there for 2 months and my dad and I talked to the guy's dad (he was on tour) and he sold it to us. It's been an ongoing project since then but I don't have much money to spend on it so it's mostly just minor repairs here and there. Up next is a tune up then a fresh set of rubber (I'm thinkin BF Goodrich G-Force Super Sport).

keep at it, your saving the world, one dericed honda at a time :thumps 1000x up :
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 22:10   Link #449
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Here, I turned it from this:



to this:



to this:



to this:



to this:



to this (new headlights):



and to it's current form (Replica Type-R lip replacing the broken CF Replica J's Racing lip):



Actually I never took pics of it when I first found it. Front bumper was in the back seat, 13" steelies. I also didn't post pics of the rear. The old hatch was smashed and had a whole in it. Now I have a primer gray hatch and also my old seats were ripped and had cigarette burns. I found perfect CX seats in a junkyard. I replaced cut OEM springs with H&R OE Sports. I replaced a ton of silver painted interior pieces, pitched a super huge inaccurate tach and CX cluster and replaced with an EX cluster, replaced CX center console with Si console/armrest, and just a ton of other shit. I'm still working on it though. Planned mods and other things: real CTR front and rear lips, Replica CF Spoon duckbill, paint, new intake (PW:JDM CF Powerchamber to replace the AEM), header, transmission repair (bad synchros), new diff (mines a little worn), strut bar, and some other stuff.
__________________
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 02:02   Link #450
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
so clean...i just really think a spoon hatch spoiler would complete it, and a painted front lip+rear lip+sideskirts ..when you finish that stuff itll be sick

vn job.

im spoiler shopping atm, not sure what to get

the real question

TURBO?!?!?!?!!???!?!??!
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 02:34   Link #451
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
If i wear to buy a mustang
Should it be the 1973 or 1969 Mustang ?
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 03:17   Link #452
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
1969 mustang all the way....those clean lines....those lines....
pics?
__________________

NOM NOM NOM
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 06:17   Link #453
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
69 easily

if only american cars now where like they were in the 60s and 70s

those cars were freaking bad to the bone...powerful...cheap...awesome looking

I've sold my sc300 and am saving up a few k so next summer i can start my next project

which is



w/ WIDEBODY of some sort w/ an LS1 t56 swap, i've been doubted before, but my garage of initial d'ness is unbeatable
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 04:47   Link #454
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Reviving this thread!

Changing the thermostat in a 1985 Sunbird is easy as hell. Changing the thermostat in a Civic is a bitch and a half.

Had to change my thermostat thinking it was gonna be 2 minute job like the old Sunbird but nooooo, nuh uh. Thermostat on a Sunbird, under the radiator cap. Thermostat on Civic, back of the block. Actually it wasn't incredibly hard, just annoyingly hard. It was just annoying on how inaccessible certain bits are. Anywho, my heat works frickin awesome and VTEC will engage properly in cold weather now.
__________________
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:48   Link #455
KimmyChan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I don't drive and choose not to drive cos -

1) It doesn't interest me and
2) I couldn't afford to even buy a car, let alone afford to maintain one

Luckily enough my boyfriend drives & has his own car though, of which he enjoys doing very much and doesn't mind in the least picking me up and dropping me off to and from my house whenever I stay over at his, which is usually 3/4 times a week
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:51   Link #456
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
have a car - seat leon - and be happy with it :P
__________________
Hs Vi Germania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 07:30   Link #457
KimmyChan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
If I were to ever drive/own my own car in the future, I'd totally want this -



I absolutely love pink Smart cars!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 12:48   Link #458
idiffer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Russia, Moscow
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
i wont be getting a car ever))
1) no money for car + gas
2) accidents happen
3) traffic jams
4) getting license is too damn hard
5) fixing it is a damn hassle
6) you get lazy after awhile
7) dont like when things are hyped. all the people my age around are going "oh my gawd, i'm gonna get a license soon!!! and then a car!!! better start thinking about where i'm gonna drive it to..."

metro, buses and my feet are my best friends.
__________________
My posts seem retarted? I invoke the freedomof choice upon thee to choose one of the below.
a) Iím batshit insane or mentally challenged. Nyan!
b) Wasu~p?! *brofist*
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 12:57   Link #459
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
I drive a red Seat Leon I try to use it everytime I can.
For the ones who don't know how it looks like:

Spoiler for Hs IMBA car ;):
__________________
Hs Vi Germania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 14:09   Link #460
H23
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
i wont be getting a car ever))
1) no money for car + gas
2) accidents happen
3) traffic jams
4) getting license is too damn hard
5) fixing it is a damn hassle
6) you get lazy after awhile
7) dont like when things are hyped. all the people my age around are going "oh my gawd, i'm gonna get a license soon!!! and then a car!!! better start thinking about where i'm gonna drive it to..."

metro, buses and my feet are my best friends.
1.) you still have the rest of your life to make/earn money
2.) accidents can be avoided, provided you drive sanely and responsibly
3.) that's a part of life... the convenience still beats the negatives of taking public transportation
4.) no.
5.) it CAN be fun
6.) driving IS a solution for lazy people
7.) you'll understand if you were a little more open minded about it, and when you have the freedom that a vehicle offers

__________________
For those who don't know Hayley Williams - No, that is not me in my avatar, hahah
H23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.