AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-20, 23:08   Link #201
ZettaiDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I'd say Yzak and Dearka are enough to pwn Neo and those 3 druggies, oh and there's Shiho and that orange zaku phantom guy
How significant is that Orange ZAKU and its pilot? (rumored to be piloted by Miguel's brother). Battle footage displayed in Gil's office... Phase 10 ~ +09:45

Spoiler:
ZettaiDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 23:11   Link #202
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Why does the scene with Saviour being introduced to Athrun look so familiar....... O yea it looks like how Kira met Freedom

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 23:12   Link #203
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
That's exactly how I'm looking at it. She'll probably become too used to pretending to be Lacus and once she loses that... I think she'll lose her sense of identity. Maybe some form of mental illness...

I like Gillbert and all, but dammit, whenever they do a shot of him, he always has that aura of "everything is going according to plan, mwahaha." Kind of narcissistic... I don't know. This is the first time for me that a character has baffled me as to whether he's genuine or not. We the viewers aren't treated to extra knowledge (which is usually the case so the viewers can be like "NO ______ HE'S EVIL, DON'T TRUST HIM!!!")

I'm for one supporting the Mia turn theory....but i sincerely hopes that Gillbert isn't evil...somehow i want to see him as a person similar to Uzumi---- a person who seeks peace but knows that fighting is inevitable

But as for Mia.....Kira!!!----sum1's posing as your girlfriend....go teach her a lesson...

And i'm looking foward to the Athrun faction and to seeing Kira's role in the show now once he re-boards the Freedom

P.S. Anyone building the MG Freedom Gundam kit at the moment? For some reason can't seem to get the phase shift effect for the paint ratio.....and the black colour body isn't helping...so some help here lol
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 23:16   Link #204
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZettaiDrake
Battle footage displayed in Gil's office... Phase 10 ~ +09:45
I think Gilbert was just rewatching Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 9 in his little office there... If you pay attention to it, it becomes pretty obvious that they are just playing random footage from the last episode there, since it would be pretty hard for a camera to capture footages of beams being fired at it.
Old 2004-12-20, 23:30   Link #205
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
I think Gilbert was just rewatching Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 9 in his little office there... If you pay attention to it, it becomes pretty obvious that they are just playing random footage from the last episode there, since it would be pretty hard for a camera to capture footages of beams being fired at it.
Gillbert:"hey...isn't that me...cool...i'm in the show...and i'm the boss of an organization called plant which made the EA look like an idiot"
Athrun:"Oh yeah....I disabled both Chaos and Abyss....2 Gundams and whats more, i did it in a ZAKU...Beat that...Ha!!"
Shinn:"Whatever..it was luck..someone pass me the popcorn" *sulks in a corner*
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 23:50   Link #206
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei_Ikari
Gillbert:"hey...isn't that me...cool...i'm in the show...and i'm the boss of an organization called plant which made the EA look like an idiot"
Athrun:"Oh yeah....I disabled both Chaos and Abyss....2 Gundams and whats more, i did it in a ZAKU...Beat that...Ha!!"
Shinn:"Whatever..it was luck..someone pass me the popcorn" *sulks in a corner*
continuation:

the 3 continue to watch the episode..

Athrun: o hey look thats- OMG! who just touched my ass..!!??
Shin: (shakes his head and looks disgusted at Gilbert)
Gilbert: (tries to look innocent) What!?

[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 23:55   Link #207
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Yeah, for a moment i thought Gil was gonna embrace Athrun in a passionate hot kiss!
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 00:19   Link #208
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
Yeah, for a moment i thought Gil was gonna embrace Athrun in a passionate hot kiss!
Well it was a duplicate of the Lacus giving Freedom to Kira scene and she kissed Kira so I think everyone was waiting for Gil to kiss Athrun...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 00:37   Link #209
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Well it was a duplicate of the Lacus giving Freedom to Kira scene and she kissed Kira so I think everyone was waiting for Gil to kiss Athrun...
even in the raw i was worried about such a thing happening but you know the yaoi crowd will run with that sceen to no end................

shudders and looks across the street at his friend who first introduced him to anime and had to watch her decend into being a yaoifangirl.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 02:05   Link #210
shinakuma31

this was an ok episode but i just have to say something about the series so far.

for a main character, the main character sure isnt a part of everyday's episode or the series as a whole now is he? they started out with shinn and then when they shifted the focus onto athrun and cagalli, its been dullindal and athrun ever since. everybody else gets minor roles as supporting characters but these 2 guys have been getting the most screen time. might as well call athrun the main character, which he should be.

how cool would that be, kira who was on EA in the beginning in the first Seed but in Destiny we see ZAFT side with athrun's side of things
shinakuma31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 02:29   Link #211
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinakuma31
this was an ok episode but i just have to say something about the series so far.

for a main character, the main character sure isnt a part of everyday's episode or the series as a whole now is he? they started out with shinn and then when they shifted the focus onto athrun and cagalli, its been dullindal and athrun ever since. everybody else gets minor roles as supporting characters but these 2 guys have been getting the most screen time. might as well call athrun the main character, which he should be.

how cool would that be, kira who was on EA in the beginning in the first Seed but in Destiny we see ZAFT side with athrun's side of things
Well, the two big shakers, and movers on the ZAFT side are Gilbert, and Athrun. With AThrun the established, and well liked character, Fukuda can set up the politics that are driing the series, and draw in the old fanbase. The series is obviously based upon certain world-shaking events that recently transpired. After the setup is complete, then hopefully, the other main character who is not a mover or shaker, a certain Mr. Asuka, can actually do something.
Old 2004-12-21, 03:14   Link #212
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcl
yeah thats true... im just trying to find any excuse to show mia is evil
she and gilbert are evil im sure of it... gilbert is like the head of logos...
Reverend Malchio is the head of logos, I'm sure of it
Quote:
im hoping for a bit of affection from kira when he leaves lacus this time round... instead of that lame ass peck on the cheek after she practically proposed to him in seed.
Hmm... so far Kira still doesn't have any feeling towards Lacus yet, so there's no reason for him to kiss her...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 03:15   Link #213
DarkMirage
ευαγγελιον
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcl
yeah thats true... im just trying to find any excuse to show mia is evil
she and gilbert are evil im sure of it... gilbert is like the head of logos...
Why can't people just accept Mia for what she truly is: another cute SEED girl. <3

I mean the worst that can happen is that we get two Lacus's in the next GSEED Heroine Gashapon set......
DarkMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 03:39   Link #214
Retsoor

Quote:
Hmm... so far Kira still doesn't have any feeling towards Lacus yet, so there's no reason for him to kiss her...
I agree that there's no reason for him to kiss her but I disagree with the first. It's true that there hasn't been any intimate moments between them but I think it's a given they're a couple [by now]. Just an old-fashioned couple who don't shag in every dark corner they can find.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 04:16   Link #215
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Thanks for the pics! Finally, the Archangel and Freedom are returning...

But seriously though, if you think about it, doesn't this unbalance the whole plot?

I wonder what deus ex machina will Fukuda be using this time round. I hope he isn't forced to do something silly this time round...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 04:20   Link #216
ma2ha3

yes yes the plot gone off

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Thanks for the pics! Finally, the Archangel and Freedom are returning...

But seriously though, if you think about it, doesn't this unbalance the whole plot?

I wonder what deus ex machina will Fukuda be using this time round. I hope he isn't forced to do something silly this time round...
yes yes that really mix things up completely. no one will know what will happen next. only the japs will know.
ma2ha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 06:55   Link #217
ahmad

scenes from eps 11 show that yuuna guy being too close to cagalli she really
has changed from SEED, she couldn't say anything to shinn and didn't say anything to yuuna either when he said all that crap to athrun
ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 07:12   Link #218
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Quote:
scenes from eps 11 show that yuuna guy being too close to cagalli she really
has changed from SEED, she couldn't say anything to shinn and didn't say anything to yuuna either when he said all that crap to athrun
I would beg to differ. At the very core, Cagalli's personality has not changed much since Gundam SEED. Also, you must remember she has a huge burden that has been placed on her shoulders since Uzumi's death.

Circumstances have changed - she is now one of the political leaders of an entire nation, but she has also been out-manuvered by her peers in that government. If you observe carefully, although people still respect her, her voice for peace and continued neutrality is a lone one amongst Orb's ruling class.

And not all amongst Orb's nobility are noble in spirit like Uzumi. Read Astray to find out that the bad guys of the manga actually hails from Orb. (Of course, if you also read Astray, you would really find out how awesome that blind monk (Reverend Malchio) really is.)

Its a pity that we will never see the Junk Guild and Serpent Tail factions in the anime. Of course, their very presence would totally unhinge whatever simplistic plot that Fukuda has come up...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 07:21   Link #219
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, naturally all those noble... umm... nobilities in Orb have been blown up into pieces by Uzumi... I'm not surprised that the remaining people in Orb's ruling class are those anti-Uzumi ones thus they don't get blown up with him.

Reverend Malchio is EVIL
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 07:22   Link #220
LadyMadChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
I would beg to differ. At the very core, Cagalli's personality has not changed much since Gundam SEED. Also, you must remember she has a huge burden that has been placed on her shoulders since Uzumi's death.

Circumstances have changed - she is now one of the political leaders of an entire nation, but she has also been out-manuvered by her peers in that government. If you observe carefully, although people still respect her, her voice for peace and continued neutrality is a lone one amongst Orb's ruling class.

And not all amongst Orb's nobility are noble in spirit like Uzumi. Read Astray to find out that the bad guys of the manga actually hails from Orb. (Of course, if you also read Astray, you would really find out how awesome that blind monk (Reverend Malchio) really is.)

Its a pity that we will never see the Junk Guild and Serpent Tail factions in the anime. Of course, their very presence would totally unhinge whatever simplistic plot that Fukuda has come up...

I agree with you about Cagalli. But I hope, once she leaves Orb she has to chance to uncensor herself.
LadyMadChan is offline   Reply With Quote