AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-22, 11:22   Link #281
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Well, if the translated pics said anything before, Kira will come swooping in and rescue her from Yuuna's clutches. As for what happens to Yuuna after that... We'll let Athrun decide that. Let's hope he doesn't hold back on that SOB.
Nah.....i don't think Yuuna actually loves Cagalli...( man i hate his guts )....but he would put up a heck of a show to blow the matter up to the orb citizens and "accidentally" let slip the fact that Kira is one of the "coordinators monsters"...hence stirring up the emotion of the citizens....don't u just have to admire the power of the mindless mob.

Bet his dad that bulldog face lump of meat is the main villain in the story.....for some reason now i hate Yuuna and his dad more now than i hate Jibrill....at least Jibrill makes me laugh when he has that kawaiiiii cat on his lap.....its yellow eyes are so sute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knishman
DUh! cuz your a moron :fingers:
Its not that..though i'm not going to waste any more time replying.......
Dreaming that Kira flies in on Freedom, Meteorizes Shinn just enought to teach him what it takes to be a protagonist, rams those nukes Jibrill and the EA bastards like so much into their throat. Oh....and seeing that Lacus clone taking a blast of Lacus Haro atack.
*Wakes up* Damn....Why did i wake up
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 11:24   Link #282
wao
OK.

Wow. I so want to !@#$ing kill Morosawa and Fukuda like, now.

I can't believe Cagalli's become so uncool and so UGH that she'd actually
Spoiler:
For fsck's sake, forget about Orb and Shinn and Yuuna and go have fun with Athrun! Look he's even in a special cell group for propagating the holiness of Chairman Dullindal-sama and the great goddess Lacus-Mia-Campbell!

But ffs, FAITH is such a sucky name for that group. It makes Dullindal sound like some Christian leader. He's definitely evil. Definitely! (EDIT: I realis ethat was worded very badly. I don't mean to link the two - I mean one thing that it makes it sound like some church thing, and separately I mean that Dullindal has to be evil because right now he's too good to be true!)

This all makes me wonder wtf they're going to do with the rest of the episodes. And for the synopses for eps 13-16 I see Shinn's name only once. ...wtf?
Old 2004-12-22, 11:28   Link #283
Knishman

Send a message via AIM to Knishman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, what I'm expecting to see now is
Spoiler:

For Operation Spit Break, if Zala's plan was successful, then EA headquarters would be destroyed and all high-ups in EA captured, that would indeed mean a total victory for ZAFT I guess.
Thats exactly the point, everyone was execting an attack on Panama, That was the only Mass Driver left. So to avoid fighting EA forces combined they opted to change Spit break last minute to Alaska so that they could take the EA by surprise. Changing a strategy not only weakened the EA because it caused confusion but also gave Zaft the advantage of surprise. And the only reason Spit break failed was because Rau gave the true location away. Ofcourse the Blame would go to Siegal, Freedom was just stolen and like Pyu said

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu

I also highly doubt Lacus was the type of person who went ahead and handed Freedom to Kira without discussing it with her father.
So ofcourse Patrick would blame Siegel. And my question is if she was instructed to do this by her father or if she asked her father if she could then the blame of Freedom rests on Siegels shoulders but then again WHY DID LACUS RUN? Im sure anyone who felt that they were innocent would have stayed and faced the consquences. Nelson Mandela was jailed for years and years. Why didnt he run? Ghandi was arrested by the british on numerous occasions why didnt he run? Martin luther king was arrested but he went right back to protest once he was out? why didnt he run? because the path to peace lies not with entrusting others with power or by running away from oppression but to fight oppression by giving the people an example of what oppression causes. The people would have voted Zala out or even taken to rebel by using much more peaceful methods. Instead she ran and incited many to take up arms against the Gov(Andy and his crew stealing that ship, name i do not recall).

So the next time you feel that your country has somehow betrayed your trust, taken steps that you do not like or acted in a manner unbefitting of a great nation make your voice heard by organizing a peaceful rally, a demonstration, a boycott, complaints with local officials not by taking it into your own hands and starting an uprising which may leave your nation crippled.
Knishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 11:29   Link #284
Rei_Ikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
This all makes me wonder wtf they're going to do with the rest of the episodes. And for the synopses for eps 13-16 I see Shinn's name only once. ...wtf?
Lol...thats because the real protagonist if this show is........*Drumroll*
Kira!!!.......and athrun......
k...i know...just kidding...Athrun fans pls spare me...couldn't resist doing that
Dreaming that Kira flies in on Freedom, Meteorizes Shinn just enought to teach him what it takes to be a protagonist, rams those nukes Jibrill and the EA bastards like so much into their throat. Oh....and seeing that Lacus clone taking a blast of Lacus Haro atack.
Old 2004-12-22, 11:31   Link #285
wao
OK.

I could agree with that but I think arguing anything in the Seedverse in terms of politics and social aspects is pretty futile - the not-so-good writing leaves lots of inconsistencies, contradictions and various other things like that... Find something like Kino no Tabi with very good scriptwriting + story to argue things over, not SEED and SEED-D's stuff
Old 2004-12-22, 11:35   Link #286
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
Somehow when i read the spoiler... i can see that SEED Destiny almost has the same Storyline as SEED???? Gundam is stolen...same like in the SEED series only now is commited by different side.... And the protagonist also start with Gundams only the differece is that Kira use Strike and Shinn Use Impulse. Not only that Shinn face Also look like Kira???? . Does u guys and gals felt the same way too?
Old 2004-12-22, 11:40   Link #287
Rei_Ikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Die4
Somehow when i read the spoiler... i can see that SEED Destiny almost has the same Storyline as SEED???? Gundam is stolen...same like in the SEED series only now is commited by different side.... And the protagonist also start with Gundams only the differece is that Kira use Strike and Shinn Use Impulse. Not only that Shinn face Also look like Kira???? . Does u guys and gals felt the same way too?
True.....but i rate the storyline and dept to be way way above that of the original seed..Seed only consisted of lots of flashy explosions and cool fight scenes...but Destiny actually had a political and emotional aspect to it...guess that they made Shinn so similar to Kira so they could do this

Shinn: You...why do u look so alike...who the heck are you
Kira: I am your father......

Old 2004-12-22, 11:47   Link #288
Knishman

Send a message via AIM to Knishman
These spoilers are a bit too cheesy to be real. I mean a wedding? Common? But it would make perfect sense since we dont see Him an cagalli together in the opening or the Ending. Over all Im pretty sure that Cagalli, kira Lacus are going to leave Orb in the archangle and help out the Minerva when its trying to escape. Both ships will probably go to carpenteria where Lacus and Kira may go to Plant. I mean Mia did say that she was gonna be there temporarily. Id say that there is no Strike to out there to kill the real Lacus. Because if the EA got their hands on a scoop like that .... lets just say Gilbert would have a hard time explaining things.
Knishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 11:47   Link #289
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Quote:
Seed only consisted of lots of flashy explosions and cool fight scenes
Oooo Flashy Thingy I like that

Quote:
Kira: I am your father......
Now it sounds like Star Wars
Old 2004-12-22, 12:05   Link #290
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyan
Spoiler for Cagalli x Yuuna:
Already seen that, but the question is
Spoiler:
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 12:07   Link #291
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Im sure that kira wont allow his sister to marry 1 hell of a jackass like Yuuna....So i think that he will save cagali and run away with the rest of archangel new crew
Old 2004-12-22, 12:25   Link #292
wao
OK.

Now time for some totally off-topic miniskirt funfun - you odn't even really need to understand japanese to put two and two together in this picture:
Old 2004-12-22, 12:28   Link #293
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Quote:
Now time for some totally off-topic miniskirt funfun - you odn't even really need to understand japanese to put two and two together in this picture:
Kinda Remind me of Seiryuu Tennan From GXP... Anyway Can u Tell me what they r saying Im kind of real suck at reading J-Writings Thanks.
Old 2004-12-22, 12:43   Link #294
Riyan
Wrath Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Already seen that, but the question is
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Riyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 13:10   Link #295
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I could agree with that but I think arguing anything in the Seedverse in terms of politics and social aspects is pretty futile - the not-so-good writing leaves lots of inconsistencies, contradictions and various other things like that...
I agree. So far the biggest flaw of Destiny that I found was the rather simplistic way in which the public is portrayed. The actions of the politicians are all supposed to be heavily dependent on the public, but so far all we've seen of them are a bunch of stills with people rallying and so on. And of course, the discussion of politics between Gilbert/Cagalli/the Seirans all leave lots to be desired, and seem rather caricaturish. In that regard this show seems to resemble some sort of beginners guide to politics, similar to how Gundam Wing was like.

But anyway, I guess in general viewers don't really understand or care for the more complicated politics that other more mature shows present. I don't think the entire SEEDverse is like that either, since the timeline for CE has quite a bit of depth, and the Astray sidestories also add quite a bit of political conspiracies and more look at the social aspect of the universe. Its disappointing that the main anime continues to be so simplistic in that regards though.
Old 2004-12-22, 13:32   Link #296
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
I agree. So far the biggest flaw of Destiny that I found was the rather simplistic way in which the public is portrayed. The actions of the politicians are all supposed to be heavily dependent on the public, but so far all we've seen of them are a bunch of stills with people rallying and so on. And of course, the discussion of politics between Gilbert/Cagalli/the Seirans all leave lots to be desired, and seem rather caricaturish. In that regard this show seems to resemble some sort of beginners guide to politics, similar to how Gundam Wing was like.

But anyway, I guess in general viewers don't really understand or care for the more complicated politics that other more mature shows present. I don't think the entire SEEDverse is like that either, since the timeline for CE has quite a bit of depth, and the Astray sidestories also add quite a bit of political conspiracies and more look at the social aspect of the universe. Its disappointing that the main anime continues to be so simplistic in that regards though.
Well Astray does have a big advantage over, "the main anime," that being better writers.
Old 2004-12-22, 13:46   Link #297
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Quote:
Well Astray does have a big advantage over, "the main anime," that being better writers.
Raxtenko Sensei! I have 1 stupid question... How many Ep does Astray have???
Now, i seems like keep losing some info around me and keep forgetting more and more... maybe im becoming too old for this
Old 2004-12-22, 14:12   Link #298
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Raxtenko Sensei! I have 1 stupid question... How many Ep does Astray have???
Now, i seems like keep losing some info around me and keep forgetting more and more... maybe im becoming too old for this
Astray is a sidestory, it's told through several manga, and novel incarnations. There have been two short 5 minute animated promos that feature the Astray mecha, and characters, along with the mecha from Seed MSV.

If you want more in depth info you'd be better off asking brightman, [UKE] Auel, Scherazade, or dreamless they're much more deserving of the sensei title than me, and most of the stuff I know I learned from them.

Rei_Ikari: Oh and while I'm on the topic, yes the Red Frame's Gerbera Straight can parry beam sabers.

Last edited by Raxtenko; 2004-12-22 at 14:25.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 19:52   Link #299
wao
OK.

Quote:
Kinda Remind me of Seiryuu Tennan From GXP... Anyway Can u Tell me what they r saying Im kind of real suck at reading J-Writings Thanks.
Oh you lousy... you've watched Gundam SEED but you've never watched Full Metal Alchemist?

EDIT:
Spoiler for for what it says:

I have read up on the offiical CE timeline at gundamofficial and it really does look much more mature than the main show is. I'm disappointed at times at how it turns out. I agree, the public is shown way too simplistically... And I honestly felt like laughing when Mia sang in ep 10 and they all suddenly went "ooh maybe war's not so good". I'm quite sure if that happened IRL most of them would go "waht fucking use is that, let's continue rallying".

Last edited by wao; 2004-12-22 at 20:08.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 20:17   Link #300
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Quote:
Oh you lousy... you've watched Gundam SEED but you've never watched Full Metal Alchemist?
T.T When U say That I feel ashame to my self and about FMA???? I so stacked in download that i can even Play online games. Some o my files takes too long to download last time it takes around 450Hr. And theres more queue in my download...Some that i never watched b4 and some that i already watch but never actually have the cd's...My pc even running 24/7 right now and its been around 2 month without turned off.