AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-19, 00:17   Link #61
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Well...technically Kira IS still the supreme/ultimate coordinator. And he also has the most powerful gundam still (Freedom, as it is nuclear powered)...

I dunno I just hope Kira will have a large role somewhere, because he seems to be the most um hmmm...well I don't have a word to describe it...but it's something with his character.
Piffle, ultimate coordinatership doesn't do anything if all he does is sit in his chair. and mumble a few sentences.

Like I said before, Kira will probably end as a supporting character, as the main character torch has been passed on to Shinn, and Athrun I guess.
Old 2004-12-19, 00:23   Link #62
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

I want Kira to return, in his Freedom Gundam and well......do some cool stuff with it....Shinn will wet his pants when he seed Kira do his Multi-Lock thing if he doesn't try to attack him first.."You.....Give me Mayaa BACK!!!"*Rushes at Freedom* A few seconds later....Tyla"Athrun.....please retrive Impulse for me"

But it seems my dream isn't too far off
Spoiler:
Dreaming that Kira flies in on Freedom, Meteorizes Shinn just enought to teach him what it takes to be a protagonist, rams those nukes Jibrill and the EA bastards like so much into their throat. Oh....and seeing that Lacus clone taking a blast of Lacus Haro atack.
*Wakes up* Damn....Why did i wake up
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 00:52   Link #63
Shift_

How I think it is going to work is Kira will be like Athrun from the 1st season...at the beginning not really important, near the middle/end he becomes one of the main characters boom
Old 2004-12-19, 01:20   Link #64
ma2ha3

why kira still have freedom??

why kira have freedom?
first of all, it belong to zaft
then it was almost destroyed and zaft AA probably tow it away

with him such a poor person
how to maintain or replaced the broken parts?
even if he has the parts, which he dun
how is he going to do the maintenance??

of course freedom is gone, his brain is a goner
he is not going to fight in this show
the new characters got lots of things to do

no one care about kira. shinn is enough. shinn is the destiny copy of kira seed.

Quote:
Am I the ONLY one that really wants Kira to have a huge role, because techically he still has the freedom gundam...

I dunno Gundam Seed D doesn't really feel like Gundam Seed without kira playing a larger role...
ma2ha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 01:26   Link #65
ma2ha3

shinn die in phase 50 to end seed series once and for all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkswy
NO,NO!Shin will NEVER die!How could the story proceed if the main protagonist dies?I believe we can come back to Shinn very quickly.Originally,DESTINY has two main characters,Shin and Athrun.The first several episodes belong to Athrun to let him realize he should return to fight for peace,then undoubtedly Shin's story is going to begin to show how he grows up through varieties of battles.
i meant shinn die in the phase 50, join sister and parent in heavan.
what do you think?
not now, silly rabbit.

gundam seed series cannot go on forever
already which gundam series join each other ? none.

seed is the first, you are lucky enough to see destiny, the first from gundam which join the characters of first.

seed will die in destiny
and lots of people will die.
the dark and sad story so far will prove me correct.
Old 2004-12-19, 01:45   Link #66
ma2ha3

talk about char counterattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple zZz
next: Athrun's Counterattack

"stealing gundam" imo, they could have started the serie without it.. after 10 eps i don't see the point of it..
...... y..e..a..h..!! bandai wants to sell more model kit..
char counterattack
was my old all time fav gundam show

it is so cool at that time.

in fact, when i see gundam seed for first time, i find it take a lot from char counterattack. that is why i love seed. and hate most of the other gundam, especially hate wing.

BRING BACK CHAR..... HE IS EVIL , COOL and POWERFUL. actually much like gilbert, talk peace and create war. ha ha ha ha.
Old 2004-12-19, 02:27   Link #67
Rei_Ikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2ha3
why kira have freedom?

no one care about kira. shinn is enough. shinn is the destiny copy of kira seed.
Kira wil always be the protagonist of the series...i don't care what ppl make of things now.....its like....Kira's 2 words of "Ya,i know" had so much more impact than all that Shinn's has sprewed from that trap he calls a mouth...and all those insults at Cagalli....he's a bigger crybaby than Kira ever was......

take ep 3 for example.....ppl were more excited at the prospect of Seeing Kira having more than a monosyllabus vocab than seing Shinn fight----which didn't do much good anyway.

and anyway in response to your hope that Kira will just fade away like
Spoiler:
Dreaming that Kira flies in on Freedom, Meteorizes Shinn just enought to teach him what it takes to be a protagonist, rams those nukes Jibrill and the EA bastards like so much into their throat. Oh....and seeing that Lacus clone taking a blast of Lacus Haro atack.
Old 2004-12-19, 02:47   Link #68
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei_Ikari
Kira wil always be the protagonist of the series...i don't care what ppl make of things now.....its like....Kira's 2 words of "Ya,i know" had so much more impact than all that Shinn's has sprewed from that trap he calls a mouth...and all those insults at Cagalli....he's a bigger crybaby than Kira ever was......

take ep 3 for example.....ppl were more excited at the prospect of Seeing Kira having more than a monosyllabus vocab than seing Shinn fight----which didn't do much good anyway.
Shinn a crybaby? He may be confrontational, impulsive, brunt, short tempered and a number of other things, but he is no crybaby. I think you're confusing the ld main character, and the new one.

Kira's not the main character anymore. He'll still continue to play a role, no doubt. However, the main character torch will be passed on to Shinn, heck it should've been already. Dammit Fukuda stop your fan-boy pandering.

However, I'll agree that Shinn shouldn't have yelled at Cagalli, but only because she's a diplomat. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it though, it's about time someone, aside from Uzumi and Kisaka (but they don't count), stood up to her.

Anyways, this is getting way off topic, so how about we bury the hatchet and agree to disagree, before this turns into a flame war.

Last edited by Raxtenko; 2004-12-19 at 03:01.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 04:34   Link #69
sparkswy
Ace Pilot

Quote:
i meant shinn die in the phase 50, join sister and parent in heavan.
what do you think?
not now, silly rabbit.

gundam seed series cannot go on forever
already which gundam series join each other ? none.

seed is the first, you are lucky enough to see destiny, the first from gundam which join the characters of first.

seed will die in destiny
and lots of people will die.
the dark and sad story so far will prove me correct.
The author will become a fool if he lets Shinn die at the end.Or else if you think you idea is perfect,you can just write to the author and tell him what you think.It really doesn't matter. :fingers:
Old 2004-12-19, 05:00   Link #70
sparkswy
Ace Pilot

Quote:
why kira have freedom?

I think we can just tell that Shinn is "ANOTHER" Kira,not a "COPY" exactly. How can you find anything for Shinn the same with Kira?Shinn is an armyman while Kira is a civillian at the beginning.Shinn had already lost his family while Kira lost nothing before going to the battlefield.As to the character,I think their characters are the most different.The obvious difference is that Shinn is always emotional while Kira is always quiet.And also Shinn loves his little sister while Kira tends to refuse his true sister Cagalli when he knows the fact.
Old 2004-12-19, 08:02   Link #71
Ansa

No need to double/triple post guys... The edit button is there for a reason.

Kira will always overshadow Shinn, no one likes Shinn so far, everyone still loves Kira. So no matter if hes a supporting character or main character he overshadows everyone else, only way he wont is if you kill him off, and if that happens the fan base would be pissed off more then if he didn't apear at all.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 08:05   Link #72
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'm not sure about the everyone loves Kira part, but anyway so far GSD is mostly Gilbert and Athrun's personal show of their brilliance

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-12-19 at 08:26.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 08:13   Link #73
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Well...technically Kira IS still the supreme/ultimate coordinator.
So? Judau was the "Newtype with the highest potential" yet he disappears after Gundam ZZ. It doesn't mean a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa
Kira will always overshadow Shinn, no one likes Shinn so far, everyone still loves Kira. So no matter if hes a supporting character or main character he overshadows everyone else, only way he wont is if you kill him off, and if that happens the fan base would be pissed off more then if he didn't apear at all.
All personal opinion. In Japan (where it matters), Athrun has been beating Kira in just about every popularity poll since Destiny started airing. And there are people who like Shinn since he's usually third after Athrun and Kira. And that's even though the show hasn't done much with Shinn yet. So nope, Kira isn't the messiah that you made him out to be.
Old 2004-12-19, 08:47   Link #74
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Compared GSD10 with GS34.

Asuran introduced to Saviour / Kira introduced to Freedom

Both had the same sequence
1) Door with "Restricted Access"
2) Same walkway
3) Same workers in same outfit
4) Almost similar greetings
5) Almost the same "speech"
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 08:53   Link #75
DwArD
mAnIaC

Kira is definitely getting Freedom later on in the series. But I personally feel that Kira's done enough already. He should let the others do something themselves, so they will truly understand the true meaning of peace. Kira will no doubt be just a supporting character in Seed Destiny. I am a big Kira fan, but Destiny is no longer just a Kira show. I still don't like Athrun though, even though he's a good guy now, maybe partly cos lots of girls are interested in him in the series. Haha....no use argueing now. Athrun.....I just have a feeling he'll do something that will piss us off . Since Mia had already appeared, she will definitely have a very big influence on Athrun. Btw people, try using the edit button next time. Double posting is not allowed, let alone triple posting . Sorry......no offence here......
Old 2004-12-19, 09:09   Link #76
Rei_Ikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Kira is definitely getting Freedom later on in the series. But I personally feel that Kira's done enough already. He should let the others do something themselves, so they will truly understand the true meaning of peace. Kira will no doubt be just a supporting character in Seed Destiny. I am a big Kira fan, but Destiny is no longer just a Kira show. I still don't like Athrun though, even though he's a good guy now, maybe partly cos lots of girls are interested in him in the series. Haha....no use argueing now. Athrun.....I just have a feeling he'll do something that will piss us off . Since Mia had already appeared, she will definitely have a very big influence on Athrun. Btw people, try using the edit button next time. Double posting is not allowed, let alone triple posting . Sorry......no offence here......

I'm not too sure about the Athrun doing something that will piss u off part.....but frankly i wouldn't mind seeing that happen.....don't get me wrong...I like Athrun as much as the next guy..but i do wish to see some confusion as he tries to get the answer of who his enemy really is, and like becoming a ...Wu Fei for a while "i'll become evil itself if i have to, to determine what justice really is"...it'll really make him look cool...but bet most fans wouldn't like that

As for Mai...think she will play the role that Flay had with Kira.....she's like a Flay with....with pink hair...though i don't she will be that evil....and i do not think that Flay was evil for that mater...just misguided....

Now to Kira....Kira!!!!!where are u!!!get back in the Freedom and show the Seed Universe who's boss!!!We're see the revival of the Triple Ship Alliance in a showdown with the evil Minerva and Phantom Pain [madness over]

huh....ara...what happened
Old 2004-12-19, 09:13   Link #77
Maki

Send a message via AIM to Maki
Quote:
And at ep 13 Freedom will re-appear...so apparently he isn't too poor to repair it.....though i don't think it is something u can repair even if u had the cash to do so
This made me think of something. I mean, who would you go to to repair a nuclear powered gundam? o.O Maybe ORB, but I dunno, so maybe Kira will still have Freedom...but maybe it won't be nuclear powered?

But then if it's still flying, maybe it still is nuclear powered >.>
Maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 09:17   Link #78
Rei_Ikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki
This made me think of something. I mean, who would you go to to repair a nuclear powered gundam? o.O Maybe ORB, but I dunno, so maybe Kira will still have Freedom...but maybe it won't be nuclear powered?

But then if it's still flying, maybe it still is nuclear powered >.>
apparently if u looked at that battered up Freedom in ep 50 u would notice its core..core?..is still intact..its only the parts like the head unit, manipulators.....that is gone...so just throw in a few parts and voila...Freedom Mk 2

hold on....shouldn't u put that in a spoiler....cause thats a definite spoiler...oops....u didn't hear that

Last edited by Rei_Ikari; 2004-12-19 at 09:41.
Old 2004-12-19, 09:44   Link #79
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

when you have someone as powerful and resourceful as Reverend Malchio who can build his own mass driver, repairing Freedom is naturally just a piece of cake.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 10:21   Link #80
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
when you have someone as powerful and resourceful as Reverend Malchio who can build his own mass driver, repairing Freedom is naturally just a piece of cake.
Spoiler:
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote