AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-01-01, 19:57   Link #201
Phantom Blade
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Then don't buy either the DS or PSP. Don't complain about it.
no one's complaining



Quote:
Well, tough. I've offered a solution, but you won't take it. And the PSP will have around 6 hours of battery life while playing most games (it varies depending on the amount of time that the UMD has to spin).
didnt it run for 3 hrs for ridge racers on full volume with lights on?



Quote:
Do you really play a portable that much? I mean, 1000 charges is QUITE a lot. I don't think i've charged my laptop that much (i've had it for a year) and i use it every single day. I notice no degredation of the battery (and i do get about 2 hours of battery life).
There are many ppl who play it ofte.
notice how a laptop is so much better than a psp



Quote:
And obviously you are a Nintendo fanboy, because you're defending it like mad. I was looking at the "Sony fanboy" posts, and i don't see many of them saying that the DS will go out of business. I do see Nintendo fanboys saying that Sony will fail in their attempt to go out into the market of handhelds.
u ovbiously dont speak english well. Read thru every post and tell me im a nintendo fanboy.




Quote:
You see, Nintendo had a big advantage against Sony. The DS would be out on the shelves months before the PSP would be. Thats one of the many reasons why PS2 did as well as it did. People buy the first thing that comes out, because they want the newest device. Once they get that "new device", they won't buy the second one, forcing the second company out of the box to come up with more promotion of their unit.

Sony might not be making much money per unit, but you can be sure that they will be making money on the software. And who knows, maybe Sony will take over the handheld market like they took the console market. Maybe Nintendo will remain as kind of handhelds, and fight off the Sony monster. Only time will tell.
90% of the arguments of PSP fanboys is that since PS2 won console war, they'll win the handheld wars.
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 20:14   Link #202
mxg
The Lone Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A changed place
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
..........you know what Nintendo will appeal to one type of audiance and the PSP will another but the thing is both will be sucessful in there subjected fields but thats my opinion i jus want the PSP for the great games if the DS had some games like PSP i would have wanted it also
oh and the reason Nintendo lost most of there really good licences is because of there bad reputation of giving developers a hard time but now they are trying to mend there ties with the previous companies that they lost for example Square Enix is starting to produce more for Nintendo now but only time will tell who will be the best when the next generation of consoles arrive
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 20:21   Link #203
TwistedPower
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
We've got to vote for sony because they are a bigger company and we need to make them bigger to make more stuff for us! Isn't that obvious! HA!
TwistedPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 20:38   Link #204
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
Like I said before, I'm buying a PSP becuase I like the games that are coming out for it. I'm done uselessly agruing back and forth with people about some thing I have already made my mind about.

So *last post for me*
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 22:39   Link #205
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
Remember the Sega Game Gear? It actually had COLOR and a BACKLIT SCREEN. The opponent was the Nintendo Game Boy, with black & white graphics and no backlit screen.

Who do you think won? The Game Boy.

Why? It was cheaper, had much better battery life, and a killer application, Tetris.
The Game Gear may have been awesome in its display, but it used SIX BATTERIES and lasted 3 HOURS.
Actually the battery life of the original gameboy, the big bulky one with the yellow screen, wasn't much better and it still used 4 batteries. I remember brand new batteries always going dead before I could finish cosmotank, at somewhere between 3.5 and 4 hours. It's not like 2 extra batteries and maybe an extra hour, if even that, really had much of an effect on people considering a game gear. Also, I wouldn't call tetris a killer ap. GG had columns, which was far better then tetris, in my opinion anyway.

The real problem with the game gear was supposedly it's biggest selling point. Have you ever tried to play it in sunlight? The backlit screen made it impossible. If sega had just put a switch to turn it off on the thing, game gear would have crushed game boy. As it was, the thing was only good indoors or at night, while a simple light that plugs into the gameboy made it usable all the time.

This is the same problem that killed nearly all of gameboy's competitors.

Now getting back to the ds, psp debate, isn't it possible for both to do well in the market? Does one have to crush the other? Can't they co-exist?
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 23:06   Link #206
TwistedPower
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Huh YEAH! they can both co-exist , BUT it is better to make the bigger company to get bigger for better products and if both do exist it is better for us while we get the things they make so both is good but i want to stress that making the bigger company bigger will be better for us! Don't ya think!!!!!?!?
HA!! KAMEHAMEHA!!!
TwistedPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 23:15   Link #207
Ging_Freecs
Talaga lang ha?
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: With my Happy Tree Friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Does one have to crush the other? Can't they co-exist?
exactly, both have their own pros and cons but my money goes to PSP coz man the games lineup is so great, and the graphics are jawdropping for a handheld.They got all-stars but at least PSP got Bleach
Spoiler:
and GT
Spoiler:


DS.... When your into PokeMons, Mario, and a lot of tried and tested games then its for you, bad thing I can say bout nintendo's is the games USUALLY go for very young audiences like the never-ending Pokemon and mario, but im jealous of nintendo coz they have the shonen jump all-stars fighting game
well heres a screenie from MP-FH
Spoiler:
Ging_Freecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 23:17   Link #208
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
I had to post one more time to say WOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOW the graphics of the PSP is just sick!!

__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 00:57   Link #209
Phantom Blade
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I had to post one more time to say WOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOW the graphics of the PSP is just sick!!

if they fix all the hardware problems, solve the battery life (to at least 10 hrs.) and get more rpgs in it PSP would be good. better than DS? i dont know yet.
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 09:25   Link #210
Yuiichi
Retired.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
no one's complaining
Ahem, i will point you towards your complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
frankly i think the DS costs too much too, and to me $45 more is too much. and battery is probably like $15. I dont have too much money, so this is just for the ppl who dont like spending money so much
I think that qualifies as complaining about the price, don't you? All i was saying is you don't have to say "i think they both cost too much money, but since the psp is $45 more, then it's WAYYYY to expensive.".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
didnt it run for 3 hrs for ridge racers on full volume with lights on?
I really don't know. Find out for yourself when you buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
There are many ppl who play it ofte.
notice how a laptop is so much better than a psp
There again, pointless flaming. No need for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
u ovbiously dont speak english well. Read thru every post and tell me im a nintendo fanboy.
Notice how i'm the one with proper punctuation and spelling and grammer. That was just a pointless flame once again. But, you could be right, you might not be a Nintendo fanboy. You are certainly a PSP flamer, which by default, should make you a N fanboy.

You see, the people who don't care either way will argue both sides. The people who like PSP better will argue for that side. The people who like DS better will argue for that side. You seem to like DS so much better than PSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
90% of the arguments of PSP fanboys is that since PS2 won console war, they'll win the handheld wars.
Not as far as i can see. They are pointing out facts about the PSP that should, in the long run, make it a more powerful (and therefore better) system. You are telling them that because of battery life, and problems with the unit on launch, will make the DS superior. Whichever one will win, i don't know.

Frankly, i don't really care all that much. I'm not for or against either unit. I can say that i do like the PSP better (at this moment) because of the nice graphics and the layout of the unit. I can't say that i've ever played one, so i don't have first hand experience. I can say that i won't be getting either unit, because i'm not into portables all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
About the battery life. I don't see why the pro-PSP crowd is trying so hard to excuse and ignore the problem. Remember the Sega Game Gear? It actually had COLOR and a BACKLIT SCREEN. The opponent was the Nintendo Game Boy, with black & white graphics and no backlit screen.

Who do you think won? The Game Boy.

Why? It was cheaper, had much better battery life, and a killer application, Tetris.
The Game Gear may have been awesome in its display, but it used SIX BATTERIES and lasted 3 HOURS.

So what do we learn from this? Battery life IS important. It's a handheld, people, a portable! You are supposed to be able to play it where you want, and for a good amount of time.
Having to recharge every 3 to 6 hours is not what would be called good battery life. It's a portable device, we shouldn't have to recharge that much.

In turn, its short battery life makes it have to be recharged more, making it last less in the long run.

Sure, you may not play games that much, but maybe you should consider another platform then, if you don't seem to be all that interested in gaming. In that case, a portable wouldn't be something to spend your money on.

What if you get a new game, and you're hooked on it? Oh damn, my battery ran out. I'll have to wait some hours before I can play again.
You can save on battery life by reducing the quality of the system's output (graphics, sound), but then, doesn't the PSP's awesome graphics and sound become a bit pointless, since you can't enjoy it at its full extent? The player should be able to choose how he wants to play his games and not be hindered by battery life.

All I'm trying to prove here is that battery life is important. Come on, guys. At least think about it instead of just dismissing it.
You are absolutely right here. On most points at least.

Sega were always bad marketers, and that never helped their problems. All of their portable systems bombed, due to unclear screens and very horrible battery life. But not only because of that, it was due to the fact that Nintendo had already released their gameboy long before, and had quite the number of titles available already.

And yes, battery life is quite important with portables. I remember i had a Sega Nomad (portable Genesis). It didn't have a built in battery pack. You had to stick on a special attachment at the back, that took 6 AA batteries. You know how long it would last? 2 hours at most. But that didn't stop me from enjoying the machine. I only used the battery pack once. In effect, the system became more of a console rather than a portable. I used a AC adapter to play it, and it actually had an imput to plug into the TV. You might say that this took away all the benefits that portable machines have, but i'll say your wrong. I had more fun on that machine, than most of you can say that you had with your gameboy on the bus or on a plane. For me personally, i can't play games while moving, it makes me sick. This might not be a problem for you, but it certainly is for some people. For this reason, others might like the PSP, dispite the battery life.

The fact is, you can just dissmiss it. You work with what you have. To some, battery life is not much of a problem. Their PSP will be just like my Nomad, always running off the AC power. Can you fault them for it? No! For those of you who do care about battery life all that much, because you do travel, just don't get a PSP. Get the machine that suits your needs. No need to argue over pointless details.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 10:23   Link #211
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
...
I used a AC adapter to play it, and it actually had an imput to plug into the TV.
...

The fact is, you can just dissmiss it. You work with what you have. To some, battery life is not much of a problem. Their PSP will be just like my Nomad, always running off the AC power. Can you fault them for it? No! For those of you who do care about battery life all that much, because you do travel, just don't get a PSP. Get the machine that suits your needs. No need to argue over pointless details.
funny that you mention it, if i remember clearly
When the playstation portable was first shown
it was said that it will have a/v out option ^^, it may come as a usb2 thing

about the price
well we still don't know if it is only a 45USD gap between both handhelds
(when the PS-P launches in the West)
if you look at some import stores the PS-P cost twice as much as the NDS
and besides remember the PS2 launched, the price was much higher outside JPN

A good thing aboot the PS-P is, a GPS module is announced (navi for my car ^^)
see the PS-P isn't just a game thing, is more like an universal tool (sort of swiss army knife for the digital world)
to be honest i don't think the PS-P, is a gameconsole it is just
the are fanboys puting it in this possition, it is a multimedia device
i mean you must be really stupid to spend that much, to only play games on it ^^

but atm i am getting the NDS 'cause it just around 100 (compare to PS-P ~230 import price)
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 11:00   Link #212
HopelessLover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
if they fix all the hardware problems...
What hardware problems? Even if there were any, sony plans to release the PSP later 2005 here in the states. So I would imagine they would get all the kinks out first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
Solve the battery life (to at least 10 hrs.)
Rofl your joking right? With all the powerfull technology in the PSP you really expect sony to do that? Just be happy that it lasts 4 or 5 hours, and sony included a recharger with it. If not, then just don't buy the PSP cuase it's obviously not for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
...and get more rpgs in it, then the PSP would be good.
More RPGs? PSP is planning to come out with shit loads of RPGs like Gagharv Trilogy, final fantasy advent child, and Tales of Eternia. Knowing the RPG reputation of the PSX and PS2, why would you even ask such a dumb question about the PSP? Infact, I doubt you will see even a third of the rpg's that the PSP will get on the DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
Better than the DS....
Finnaly you say something right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
I don't know.
You don't know much do you?
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 12:08   Link #213
Yuiichi
Retired.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
but atm i am getting the NDS 'cause it just around 100 (compare to PS-P ~230 import price)
Thats importing the device. You don't buy it when it's not actually available in your country. The European and North American release is set to later this year, just wait for it. Don't be hasty and buy a device just becase it is cheaper for now.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 14:01   Link #214
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Quote:
So *last post for me*
Quote:
I had to post one more time to say WOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOW the graphics of the PSP is just sick!!
Haha, that was the second time you said it was your last post, and still you couldn't keep your word. This is pointless.
Quote:
Actually the battery life of the original gameboy, the big bulky one with the yellow screen, wasn't much better and it still used 4 batteries. I remember brand new batteries always going dead before I could finish cosmotank, at somewhere between 3.5 and 4 hours.
I still have my original Game Boy, and it lasts at least more than 5 hours. Of course, that's probably because I use headphones, since the speaker is broken because it fell once.
Quote:
Also, I wouldn't call tetris a killer ap. GG had columns, which was far better then tetris, in my opinion anyway.
Exactly. YOUR opinion. In reality it sold the system to a lot of people, since it was bundled.
Columns tried to combat that, but it failed.
Quote:
The real problem with the game gear was supposedly it's biggest selling point. Have you ever tried to play it in sunlight? The backlit screen made it impossible. If sega had just put a switch to turn it off on the thing, game gear would have crushed game boy. As it was, the thing was only good indoors or at night, while a simple light that plugs into the gameboy made it usable all the time.
The Game Boy Light Magic isn't even half as good as the Game Gear's backlit screen, and it required a battery.

However, you do have a point on the backlit screen. I can't say that it bothered me a lot, though.
Quote:
I really don't know. Find out for yourself when you buy one.
Then what are you doing here if you don't know what exactly you are talking about? Visit sites, stock up on information.
As of now, various sites support the point that the battery life is poor.
Quote:
There again, pointless flaming. No need for that.
Quote:
That was just a pointless flame once again.
I bet you're not used to discussion boards, because then you would know that it was far from flaming.
You seem to only be in this discussion to add to the fire.
Quote:
The fact is, you can just dissmiss it. You work with what you have. To some, battery life is not much of a problem. Their PSP will be just like my Nomad, always running off the AC power. Can you fault them for it? No! For those of you who do care about battery life all that much, because you do travel, just don't get a PSP. Get the machine that suits your needs. No need to argue over pointless details.
You're wrong. It's a PORTABLE. If you wanted a console, you could get a Mega Drive/Genesis instead of a Nomad, or a PS2 instead of a PSP, which would make it much cheaper as well.
The entire point is portability.
Quote:
What hardware problems? Even if there were any, sony plans to release the PSP later 2005 here in the states. So I would imagine they would get all the kinks out first.
Funny that of all people, you should be the one to say that, having been involved in these discussions from the beginning.
The problems have been discussed at length here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=25239

As for fixing the problems, let's just say that looking at their track record (PS2), that it's not all that likely at the moment.
Quote:
Rofl your joking right? With all the powerfull technology in the PSP you really expect sony to do that? Just be happy that it lasts 4 or 5 hours, and sony included a recharger with it. If not, then just don't buy the PSP cuase it's obviously not for you.
Pointless. It's a PORTABLE with POOR battery life, and we don't have to accept that.
Quote:
More RPGs? PSP is planning to come out with shit loads of RPGs like Gagharv Trilogy, final fantasy advent child, and Tales of Eternia. Knowing the RPG reputation of the PSX and PS2, why would you even ask such a dumb question about the PSP? Infact, I doubt you will see even a third of the rpg's that the PSP will get on the DS.
If you want to look at it that way, the Game Boy Advance has a lot of RPGs, too, making Nintendo an impressive track record as well for the DS.

As for the rest of your post, you're being insulting as usual, and this time even taking quotes out of context. Hush!
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 14:03   Link #215
Phantom Blade
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Ahem, i will point you towards your complaints.
I think that qualifies as complaining about the price, don't you? All i was saying is you don't have to say "i think they both cost too much money, but since the psp is $45 more, then it's WAYYYY to expensive.".
yes, saying my opinion of what's expensive or not is complaning


Quote:
I really don't know. Find out for yourself when you buy one.
or just wait till the internet posts it


Quote:
There again, pointless flaming. No need for that.
flaming? are u like a sensitive guy? i merely said laptops are more powerful and has better technology than a PSP in simple terms. That's flaming? I didnt know my opinions were so hot


Quote:
Notice how i'm the one with proper punctuation and spelling and grammer. That was just a pointless flame once again. But, you could be right, you might not be a Nintendo fanboy. You are certainly a PSP flamer, which by default, should make you a N fanboy.
Notice how no one really cares about proper grammar on an online forum. If one can understand the post, who cares about it? I don't really care, I write English well enough. I don't need to practice online, especially since most of the people aren't native english speakers.
PSP flamer? Because i point out the problems the Japanese products were having?


Quote:
You see, the people who don't care either way will argue both sides. The people who like PSP better will argue for that side. The people who like DS better will argue for that side. You seem to like DS so much better than PSP.
So should i point out the ovbious pros of PSP? Better graffics, sound, more powerful system. That doesnt make a good handheld though. It's the games, the friggin games and how fun they are. PSP, in MY opinion has not brought any good games except for like 3~4 of them. DS has announced many great games, probably not really as good as the PSP ones, but games that are more fitting on a handheld. PSP will show you games that would be better on the home console.

I dont like any game console companies. I like the games made by the 3rd party.


Quote:
Not as far as i can see. They are pointing out facts about the PSP that should, in the long run, make it a more powerful (and therefore better) system. You are telling them that because of battery life, and problems with the unit on launch, will make the DS superior. Whichever one will win, i don't know.
Even that argument is horrible. A more powerful system means a better system. It really doesnt, it's the games. I think some of the greatest games of all time are on the Snes. Was Snes powerful? I dont think so. The games i love most on the PS2 can easilly fit into a PSX disc, or even on a GBA cartridge.

My arguments on the battery were to tell them that such a POWERFUL system isnt all that great. Because it sucks out the battery life.
the hardware problems? Becuz of the fanboys' remark of "well sony won last time, itll win again"


Quote:
Frankly, i don't really care all that much. I'm not for or against either unit. I can say that i do like the PSP better (at this moment) because of the nice graphics and the layout of the unit. I can't say that i've ever played one, so i don't have first hand experience. I can say that i won't be getting either unit, because i'm not into portables all that much.
I havent played the PSP, but the DS is nice. The graphics may not be as good as PSP, but it's not anything to look down on. Besides MArio 64 may be the last 3d game i buy for DS. The touch screen? It's amusing, but tats about it for Mario 64.

Quote:
The fact is, you can just dissmiss it. You work with what you have. To some, battery life is not much of a problem. Their PSP will be just like my Nomad, always running off the AC power. Can you fault them for it? No! For those of you who do care about battery life all that much, because you do travel, just don't get a PSP. Get the machine that suits your needs. No need to argue over pointless details.
Of course, arguing that owning a DS takes away points in your "maturity" level isnt pointless. Becuz u have to be cool and mature to enjoy games. Those are much better arguments than the battery life. (i know that sounded sarcastic and rude, believe me i wasnt trying to be.)



I personally think that eventually Nintendo will fall out of the console wars. But it'll be a long time before they do for handhelds.
Sony may be able to competite, but to think itll throw nintendo out of the war anytime soon is kinda stupid.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
Finnaly you say something right.
Quote:
You don't know much do you?

Yes! i see uve matured! You learned not to use a cuss word on every post!
But you see, kiddy games dont make u immature, these kinda actions do.

then again, for someone who's been banned so many times and created an account on an anime forum because he had "love-problems" to ask about.... you really cant expect much from him.

Last edited by Phantom Blade; 2005-01-02 at 14:17.
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 14:15   Link #216
Mavurik
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ca
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Mavurik Send a message via MSN to Mavurik
You know what's funny? Look at how many units the PSP sold in only one country at launch. One country. If you look at it that way you see that that's pretty damn good as far as competition with Nintendo goes. They still haven't released it worldwide. People are really underestimating it, that's all I have to say. Everyone's underestimating PSP except for Nintendo. They know what's up, that's why they rushed a b.s. system out there. Continue with your battery arguments, they're pretty pointless. It doesn't take much to plug something into your wall. If that's too hard for you to do I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you. I already have enough information to make an informed decision and I'm not going to waste my money on a half-assed system that Nintendo made in an effort to save part of their market. I mean, even the developers realize this that's why you see more developers drifting to Sony's side, because they know in the long run they're going to make money. I'd rather wait until Nintendo actually put some real effort into a portable system because in my opinion, DS isn't even on the same level as PSP. It's good but they're just two different worlds. The screens, the buttons, the games, the developers, the hardware, the quality, everything. Sony put a lot of time and planning into PSP and I know it's going to be successful and worth my money when I plan to buy it in a year or so.

Also, if I remember correctly they were going to make PSP into a cell phone as well but probably scrapped that idea after seeing N-gage fail so horribly.
Mavurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 14:21   Link #217
Phantom Blade
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavurik
You know what's funny? Look at how many units the PSP sold in only one country at launch. One country. If you look at it that way you see that that's pretty damn good as far as competition with Nintendo goes. They still haven't released it worldwide. People are really underestimating it, that's all I have to say. Everyone's underestimating PSP except for Nintendo. They know what's up, that's why they rushed a b.s. system out there. Continue with your battery arguments, they're pretty pointless. It doesn't take much to plug something into your wall. If that's too hard for you to do I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you. I already have enough information to make an informed decision and I'm not going to waste my money on a half-assed system that Nintendo made in an effort to save part of their market. I mean, even the developers realize this that's why you see more developers drifting to Sony's side, because they know in the long run they're going to make money. I'd rather wait until Nintendo actually put some real effort into a portable system because in my opinion, DS isn't even on the same level as PSP. It's good but they're just two different worlds. The screens, the buttons, the games, the developers, the hardware, the quality, everything. Sony put a lot of time and planning into PSP and I know it's going to be successful and worth my money when I plan to buy it in a year or so.

Also, if I remember correctly they were going to make PSP into a cell phone as well but probably scrapped that idea after seeing N-gage fail so horribly.
i heard DS sold 500,000 units in japan.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/571/571189p1.html

oh wait... now it's about 1 million
http://ds.ign.com/articles/574/574717p1.html
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 14:25   Link #218
mxg
The Lone Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A changed place
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Man this is alot of flaming each other im for the PSP
i have an idea why didnt the person who start this thread make it a poll wouldnt that have solved the problem of usless flaming whatever
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 14:44   Link #219
Yuiichi
Retired.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 26
Alright, enough of this.

First of all, if the starter of this thread did a search before posting it, they would have noticed around 2 other threads dedicated to this. One of which, i started myself (search handheld wars if you don't believe me).

This whole thread is people arguing about things that are basicly a matter of opinion. Everyone here can argue till they are blue in the face, and not make a single bit of difference. The Nintendo supporters will remain loyal to Nintendo and the Sony supporters will remain loyal to Sony. It's that simple.

Why can't we all stop arguing and have some nice tea and scones.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 14:56   Link #220
HopelessLover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
i heard DS sold 500,000 units in japan.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/571/571189p1.html

oh wait... now it's about 1 million
http://ds.ign.com/articles/574/574717p1.html
Playstation has serious popularity in the US and europe. If the PSP came out over here, you woudn't be bringing up selling numbers anymore. And I don't get why you people who obviously like the ds and are planning to get one, still argue about the PSP? If you don't like it then don't buy it. Further discussion of it would be just pointless.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.