AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2006-06-07, 02:45   Link #661
Newo

I own a PSP, but Im waiting for payday so I can purchase a DS. The DS has some games that Im really interested in, like Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, and teh New Super Mario. I would trade in my PSP, but my Dad uses it to play poker games.
Newo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 05:41   Link #662
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...00&q=psp+sucks

Proves that DS SUCKS video was a joke
LoL this bloke rocks! it's just like his DS one...lololol

You know what else makes this bloke funny?

He looks like my cousin! ROFLBBQSAUCELOL

Old 2006-06-08, 01:42   Link #663
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

The Sales for the Ds in Japan have been like this.
Lite as sold 1.5million so far this year ending date on may21st. Normal sold about 850k. PSP has sold about 750k. About a 3 to 1 ratio.

Also it depends on the games you like.

I will use RPG for example. DS has questionable a better line up comming out. Dragon Quest with wifi, FF3 with Wifi(First time in US =], Lunar Knights(Konami), Secret of Mana and this is what I remember. While PSP has FF7 Crisis Core and that is about it really.

While if you like Sports than half the PSP games are that lol. Cant go wrong there.

DS interests me a lot more. New Super Mario Brothers, Star Fox, FF3, Dragon Quest, Lunar Knights, Mana, Pheonix Wright, Brain Training, Zelda Phatom HourGlass, Bleach, Elite Beat Agents, and many more. Just a ton of oringal titles which the PSP sorely lacks. Best way to describe my PSP todate has been a sliver of oringality follow by a ton of washed down PS2 ports.
Old 2006-06-16, 08:34   Link #664
Dorfl

I just bought a DS Lite a few days ago. I wasn't going to initially but I thought about it for a while and just decided to go for it. At $129.99 it's pretty affordable anyway, and places like Circuit City and Best Buy have a free game offer to go with it, though most of the copies were sold out. I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase.
Old 2007-08-20, 14:27   Link #665
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
DS or PSP? Hmmm...for me that all depends on the games. While the PSP does have games it doesn't have anything I'm interested in. Hell, if it wasn't for the fact that they said that there were games for it I would have thought otherwise. Because to be honest I really don't see any.

I'm getting a PSP mainly for 'FFT: The Lion Wars' which is coming out soon because I never had the chance to own the PS1 version. If I did have the PS1 version would I still buy an updated copy? Sure. This is the only real time that this release is somewhat different from it's PS1 counterpart. Unlike FF I & II which I have for the PS1 and doesn't offer anything different that hasn't been offered in the previous installments.

I want to get 'Dracula X Chronicles' for the sake of 'Symphony of the Night'. But only if they include the gameplay that was omitted from the PS1 version. Thanks to whoever f***ed up the port and omitted the 'Maria' gameplay. Just goes to show you the 'SS' had better days. Sheesh!

Now I do plan to get a DS. Since it was my first choice anyway. I'm getting it mostly for the new FF games coming out. Especially for 'Lunar~ Dragon Song' and 'FFIII'. And of course the new upcoming 'FF4'. I've always loved Nintendo's portables and I see a lot of good stuff. Unlike the PSP. I guess grabbing some of the retro collections would be good. Like the 'Capcom' collection. Then there's the 'MMX Maverick Hunters' I picked up. Hopefully, they solved the dead pixel problem with the slimmer release. Yeah, it's thinner which means it will break easier. Hahaha!!

I'm not for one or the other. Just what appeals to me. The system I WONT be buying is the PS3 or the x360. That's it for me.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 02:18   Link #666
Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
Especially for 'Lunar~ Dragon Song'
I warn you.. as alluring a Lunar game for the DS may sound, I strongly suggest not wasting your money on this game. I've played it and I was extremely disappointed with the game play. Go spend your money on the remake of silver star (I think it was lunar legends or something like that) for the gba. At least the battle system in that one didn't suck. Buy Dragon Song at your own risk! Lol.

I used to own a DS, sold it to get a PSP, and now I'm thinking of just selling the whole kit-n-kaboodle sometime soon. Guess I'm just an old school game, but games these days just aren't as appealing as they used to be. Though I do look forward to purchasing the old Final Fantasy remakes they have out now for the PSP. Good times! ^^
Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 10:47   Link #667
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
I warn you.. as alluring a Lunar game for the DS may sound, I strongly suggest not wasting your money on this game. I've played it and I was extremely disappointed with the game play. Go spend your money on the remake of silver star (I think it was lunar legends or something like that) for the gba. At least the battle system in that one didn't suck. Buy Dragon Song at your own risk! Lol.

I used to own a DS, sold it to get a PSP, and now I'm thinking of just selling the whole kit-n-kaboodle sometime soon. Guess I'm just an old school game, but games these days just aren't as appealing as they used to be. Though I do look forward to purchasing the old Final Fantasy remakes they have out now for the PSP. Good times! ^^
Hahaha! Well, I already bought the 'Lunar Dragon Song' a good while back. I bought it before I read all the reviews. And I'm fully aware of the issues with it. But again being a fan of 'Lunar' I figured I'd get it solely for that purpose. I also own the 'GBA' remake as well. And have played it. It's not bad but I didn't care for the localization of it. It was ok, until someone threw in a stupid line for Xenobia. "The goddess dissed us!!" Yeah, right.

The ones on the 'Sega CD', 'SS' and 'PS1' are better. I own all those as well. Plus, the import versions for the PS1.

But yeah, just gotta find some good games for those systems. I'm like if you have them on the older system what's the point of buying a remake unless it REALLY offers you something good and not just being a port on a portable. I can understand getting stuff if you didn't get it before. But don't just sell your old stuff. You'll be crying for it later.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 11:56   Link #668
Archideas
No Title Found

Send a message via MSN to Archideas
Well, the Nintendo DS is quite nice, but I prefer the PSP as I got one myself and I'm more of a Sony fan. Also, having a PSP on a road trip is really handy since you can watch movies and stuff like that.
Archideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 12:13   Link #669
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archideas View Post
having a PSP on a road trip is really handy since you can watch movies and stuff like that.
Right... I usually download fansubbed anime and watch it on my psp while traveling. It's a very nice portable movie/gaming device.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 16:54   Link #670
Archideas
No Title Found

Send a message via MSN to Archideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Right... I usually download fansubbed anime and watch it on my psp while traveling. It's a very nice portable movie/gaming device.
Hehe, same here. Usually watch Claymore, Naruto and/or Bleach on roadtrips.
Old 2007-08-22, 02:39   Link #671
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Nintendo DS because it prints money.
Old 2007-08-23, 15:46   Link #672
tkdtiger

Well I guess if I could afford it I would buy both. Truthfully I think it all depends on what you want to get out of it. Both Nintendo and Sony have stated that the two hand helds weren't competing systems since they target different range and group of people. I heard that both systems were coming out with pretty cool games. Right now though I can't afford either since I have to get a car lol
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote