AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-12-20, 22:15   Link #1
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Best Media Player for Chibi

I'm looking for one player, just one, to suit all my needs.

Currently I have WMP (defualt for windows), real alternative (to play .rm and streaming files), quicktime alternative (streaming files), mplayerclassic (to take screenshots and test out SSA subs), VideoLAN (player I mainly use). The codecs I have installed are: ffdshow-alpha (latest).

So basically I'm looking for a player that can do the following with the least amount of things installed. Play AVI/OGM/MKV, take screenshots (not completely nessacary), playback DVDs, run seperate subs (.srt, .ssa), and aspect ratio/ screen size modes.

Right now it seems my best bet would be Bsplayer, but... the screencap mode has *never* worked for me (this is on countless installations and formats), and it would require me to install a bunch of filters to support mkv and ogm and ac3 and aac, and so forth. VideoLAN is my second best option, although it lacks some support of things I need. Anyone have a player that can do this that I do not know about?

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 00:59   Link #2
kujoe
from head to heel

I think the reason why you're having problems with the screen caps in BSPlayer is because of the overlay thing. You have to shut it off and switch to RGB in order to make it work, I think. Anyway, it's been a long time since I used BSPlayer so it might be better if someone else would comment on this.

As for your media player choice--personally, I would suggest Media Player Classic with the right filters installed. Know what formats you want to play and keep it simple. In fact, I can play all those formats you've mentioned, except real media--since I don't touch those. (I use a dvd player for my dvds though.)

You might also want to try out Zoom Player and see if that suits you more.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 01:41   Link #3
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
or Core media player
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 01:47   Link #4
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

If you want BSplayer, do as Kujoe says and it will work. Also, remove RealPlayer and get Real-Alternative. RealAlt will allow you to play Real media and it uses up a lot less memory and HD space.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 05:19   Link #5
ZeroKun

Media Player Classic(not WMP)
ZeroKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 13:06   Link #6
GG_Luna128
Far, far away...

Best choice above everything: Zoom Player Standart, with Real Alternative, Quick Time Alternative and all the fancy official codecs, not ffdshow.

The Advanced Options of Zoom Player are amazing, you can config it to be just like BSPlayer. If you want, I can give you my ZP config file.

MPC is on second place, but if you don't have a DX9 card, you can't config video output (brightness, etc.).
GG_Luna128 is offline   Reply With Quote