AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2004-05-02, 02:31   Link #61
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

the translation for Kare Kano no longer sucks ass
a lot of tokyopop's more recent works are starting to not suck ass (still not as good as Del Rey or ADV however)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 12:00   Link #62
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Oh really? I may have to buy a few and see their progress, then...
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 13:59   Link #63
Kyuven

keep in mind i said their translations don't suck that means some of them aren't particularly good either (the infamous ghetto speak in GetBackers...it's already started to wane by vol. 2...when i'm right i'm right ^_^)
Old 2004-05-02, 23:24   Link #64
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Now now, it's not the translations that suck. It's the localization. The translators simply provide a literal text translation to the localization department, who then proceeds to shove their collective heads up their asses and fart out what you see on the printed page.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 01:25   Link #65
Spooky-Electric

^ What was wrong with the localization?
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 01:35   Link #66
Kyuven

one of the volumes seriously borked up and had them starting school in the fall, i believe (japanese schools start in spring)
plus other things like changing name spellings (changing "Shouko" to "Shoko"...but that instance is nit picking...most english speakers would pronounce "o" and "ou" sounds in japanese exactly the same way no mater how you spelled it...)
Old 2004-05-03, 16:06   Link #67
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

i did not read the thread because i have not read the manga yet.

I got a question. I really liked the anime (except the end) and i would like to know if this manga was licensed in France (in french).
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 16:17   Link #68
Ialdaboth

Prepublished in Magnolia (Tonkam's shoujo magazine) as "Elle et Lui", along Godchild and Yami no Matsuei.
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 21:32   Link #69
Aurora
Just visiting...

Send a message via AIM to Aurora
I really enjoyed Volume 9, although I also enjoyed the previous volumes as well. I am looking forward to the "Arima Arc" I allow myself to get too involved in their lives. Currently I am worried that dark Arima is going to take over and things between him and Yukino are going to get bad. I don't want to know what happens, the suspense is what makes the story so good.

As for the play, it was great! I didn't expect it to take up nearly an entire volume, but it worked so well. And it must have been fun for Masami Tsuda to write a slightly different story with different characters and be able to incorporate it into Kare Kano. Much better IMO than taking up 40 or so pages to showcase a completely different story (as was done at the end of volume 8) Nothing worse for me that to think I have another chapter to go and find it is a completely different series.

Since I didn't get into this series until well after it was licensed, I think the first 5 volumes were already released, I can't attest to the translations. I will say that the manga is much better than the anime. Again, just my opinion.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 11:29   Link #70
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Send a message via AIM to KristopherZ Send a message via MSN to KristopherZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora

As for the play, it was great! I didn't expect it to take up nearly an entire volume, but it worked so well. And it must have been fun for Masami Tsuda to write a slightly different story with different characters and be able to incorporate it into Kare Kano. Much better IMO than taking up 40 or so pages to showcase a completely different story (as was done at the end of volume 8) Nothing worse for me that to think I have another chapter to go and find it is a completely different series.
Agreed, I was surprized that the story took a huge chunk of the manga. It was very good and I loved every minute of it. Like a good stage play it has some humor, great characters, and of course great drama. I would have loved to see how it would have been animated.
Old 2004-05-05, 19:45   Link #71
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Prepublished in Magnolia (Tonkam's shoujo magazine) as "Elle et Lui", along Godchild and Yami no Matsuei.
Do you know if we can find this in Quebec? there, we only have what the French make. and i think it takes sometimes before we get what is already published in France.
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 03:04   Link #72
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Kare kano

Just recently saw the anime, (my friend had the dvds and never told me, damn him for making me wait to see this).. well I now want to read the manga but heard the tokyopop edition was something to skip or something. So does anyone can tell me if there is a french edition, and who publish it as well as what is the french name given to the serie if it's not Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou???
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 01:16   Link #73
drakkan2001

Kare Kano manga ending??? (SPOILERS)

Hi,
Can someone please tell me what was the ending to the manga??? Thanks!
drakkan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 12:19   Link #74
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkan2001 View Post
Hi,
Can someone please tell me what was the ending to the manga??? Thanks!
It's in this thread somewhere but
Spoiler:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 13:06   Link #75
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
It's in this thread somewhere but
Spoiler:
Wikipedia is your friend.
Spoiler:

That's all, I guess. I have read the last volume raw but I still had to consult Wikipedia to see what it was all about.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 20:02   Link #76
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Nice summary renegade.

And yea its a really wonderful series...The "arima" arc wasnt exactly to my liking since it kindof excluded all of their friends and didnt really give yukino much to do especially towards its conclusion.

With that said it did have a very satisfying and nicely poetic ending.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 15:20   Link #77
mdauben

Thumbs up

After watching the anime recently and being totally disappointed with the ending, I jumped on the manga and ended up racing my way though all 21 volumes in about a week.

This is probably the longest manga I have read so far, and I had to say I really enjoyed every bit of it. The characters were just so wonderful and... alive that I wanted to know more and more about them. I even enjoyed the melodrama of the "Arima Arc" (and I'm normally not that big on melodrama). I especially liked the last volume, too.
Spoiler for Last Volume:

Well worth reading.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 15:49   Link #78
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
After watching the anime recently and being totally disappointed with the ending, I jumped on the manga and ended up racing my way though all 21 volumes in about a week.
I got the first 19 volumes as they were being released (by TokyoPop) but I must say that I didn't enjoy the Arima Arc at all, I can't say there was anything wrong with it but I just personlly didn't like the melodrama Or perhaps the lack of comedy was related to my lack of interest in the later volumes.

I didn't actually realise that the series finished with Vol 21 Since I think I will also enjoy the final volume (thanks for the quick synopses) I'll have to buy that as well. Hmmm, can I hold out in not buying Vol 20.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 15:57   Link #79
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
I got the first 19 volumes as they were being released (by TokyoPop) but I must say that I didn't enjoy the Arima Arc at all, I can't say there was anything wrong with it but I just personlly didn't like the melodrama Or perhaps the lack of comedy was related to my lack of interest in the later volumes.
Well, I would have to say I liked the more light-hearted and funny stuff from the earlier volumes, too. By the point I got to the "Arima Arc" though, I was so "in-to" the characters that I still enjoyed reading about them, even though like I said I'm generally not a big fan of melodrama.

Quote:
I didn't actually realise that the series finished with Vol 21 Since I think I will also enjoy the final volume (thanks for the quick synopses)
After the rather "heavier" subject matter of the story arc that proceeded it, the more happy and up-beat tone of the last two volumes was a nice choice by the author and a great way to wrap up the series.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 16:35   Link #80
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
After the rather "heavier" subject matter of the story arc that proceeded it, the more happy and up-beat tone of the last two volumes was a nice choice by the author and a great way to wrap up the series.
Ah this is good to hear. So it sounds like I might enjoy Vol 20 as well, guess I need to order that with Vol 21 as well then.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shojo